Patch Notes - 1.4.199.0 - 16-Apr-2019

166 replies to this topic

#101 DaHuntress

Rookie

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:47 AM

I have seen folks comment about being hit by missiles alot in these forums, which explode once reaching their max range; yet I have not heard one thing about ballistic and energy weapons which do dmg well past their max range, albeit reduced the further past said max range. Is it being suggested that missiles are so dangerous that they have to be so limited yet the other weapons systems can be so unlimited and not range capped; where the missile locks can be broken at the slightest change, be it terrain, range, ecm. Why is that?

#102 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:53 AM

Thanks for the map. Oh. QP only. Nevermind. I want to play for more than a few minutes and see some real team work instead of just run in & die.

Edited by Deathshade, 16 April 2019 - 11:00 AM.

#103 Coffeeghoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 11:32 AM

Ok, where is the new map? I've played about 10 games now, it wasn't even in the selection.

tha

Edited by Coffeeghoul, 16 April 2019 - 11:36 AM.

#104 IshanDeston

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 11:51 AM

I would like to report that the geometry of the Marauder is all over the place. I have a petpeeve about placing a reactor warning decal on the center on the back of my mechs. The Marauder II has a nice triangle which would have been the perfect spot for this Decal, but it is impossible to center a decal on the back of the Marauder. The strut above the Triangle actually works, but anything in and around the triangle is deformed.

#105 TWLT S

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:34 PM

View Postsuffocater, on 16 April 2019 - 09:58 AM, said:

Canyon Raceway in blindingly bright. Is another heatvision-only map really a great idea?

Please give this map some more textures of this rock stuff. I would have to use sunglases if it s stays like this. MWO is a old mans shooter. We really cant see sh* on this map.

#106 No one at all

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHidding Behind an Assult Mech.

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:01 PM

The direct download is not active?

#107 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:43 PM

View PostDaHuntress, on 16 April 2019 - 10:47 AM, said:

I have seen folks comment about being hit by missiles alot in these forums, which explode once reaching their max range; yet I have not heard one thing about ballistic and energy weapons which do dmg well past their max range, albeit reduced the further past said max range.
Wrong, you conflated max range and optimum range. Ballistic and energy weapons deal full damage within optimum range and from there have a linear falloff to zero damage at max range. The range you see in the weapons list is the optimum range.

Is it being suggested that missiles are so dangerous that they have to be so limited yet the other weapons systems can be so unlimited and not range capped; where the missile locks can be broken at the slightest change, be it terrain, range, ecm. Why is that?
About 80% of the playerbase are either unable or unwilling to employ any countertactic to missiles

View PostCoffeeghoul, on 16 April 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

Ok, where is the new map? I've played about 10 games now, it wasn't even in the selection.
It's there, I dropped on it in QP earlier.

Edited by Horseman, 16 April 2019 - 01:45 PM.

#108 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:44 PM

New map is too damn bright on the eyes. If it is the same location why does the skybox look like we are an inch away from burning to death in a white dwarf sun. Also the snow shouldn't be fresh laundry white coloured with all the volcanic activity the snow should look dirty and grimy.

#109 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:50 PM

Why are you complaining about a new map? At least you got one for QP. Faction got nothing. I would be glad to be blinded on another Faction Play map. Sheeesh

#110 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:04 PM

View PostDeathshade, on 16 April 2019 - 02:50 PM, said:

Why are you complaining about a new map? At least you got one for QP. Faction got nothing. I would be glad to be blinded on another Faction Play map. Sheeesh

IKR?

Besides, think of it this way? Wars aren't always fought in fun, habitable environments!

#111 Adamant80

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 58 posts
  • LocationI'm not sure...

Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:15 PM

Thanks for finally adding bolt-ons to the bushwacker. Just wish it had ghillie bolt ons, cus well, its a bushwacker.

#112 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:21 PM

Snow is bright. Who knew? Eskimos probably.

#113 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:42 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 16 April 2019 - 03:04 PM, said:

IKR?

Besides, think of it this way? Wars aren't always fought in fun, habitable environments!

That is right. If this was a true planetary assault, then we would be playing the same map until the assault completed. Think about playing faction for 8 hours on terra therma. What we really need is four or five versions of the same map to play FW on. That is probably not going to happen until they let mappers in to do it in a mod of MWO.

#114 Trashhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 04:33 PM

View PostNo one at all, on 16 April 2019 - 01:01 PM, said:

The direct download is not active?

I have the same problem.

#115 MechWarrior5602072

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 05:07 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 15 April 2019 - 04:11 PM, said:

funny you say that, given the biggest ******** in the game tend to be tier 1s. lot of tier 5ers are just casual players who drop with pugs. a Tier 1 NEVER drops alone, and pretty much gets carried to there. the best advice is probably gonna be from a tier 2, as that's the best you're likely gonna manage to be if you drop with pugs a lot. only so much you can do to carry a team alone, after all.

mean, i've played since Closed Beta, i'm high end of tier 5, and I know a lot about the game rookies would need to know. don't write people entirely off because of their tier. all that represents is ( a ) how much time they play the game (lots of people play games OTHER than MWO as well), and ( B ) how often they drop solo or with their friends/unit.

damn... Arkhangel, Tier5 after 1205 games??? i am near T1 and I did ~600 and I solo QP all the time...

#116 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 16 April 2019 - 05:26 PM

View PostD Paradox, on 16 April 2019 - 05:07 PM, said:

damn... Arkhangel, Tier5 after 1205 games??? i am near T1 and I did ~600 and I solo QP all the time...

Well funny story, the tier system wasn't always in MWO o.o

#117 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:21 PM

View PostAdamant80, on 16 April 2019 - 03:15 PM, said:

Thanks for finally adding bolt-ons to the bushwacker. Just wish it had ghillie bolt ons, cus well, its a bushwacker.
And then it would be a bush that whacks. :P

#118 Banders

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:58 PM

"Alright team, we got a problem!"

What's wrong, sir?

"There's a great imbalance with missiles, and we need to change that!"

I couldn't agree more, sir. The community has been complaining about the over-saturation and overall effectiveness of missiles for some time now, and as such I've been coming up with some ide-

"We need to make them better!"

E-excuse me?

"You heard me! Too many people are using AMS, so we need give them more health!"

But, people have been using more AMS to counteract the ridiculous amounts of missiles they're pitted against on a regular basis!

"Exactly! I can't get any kills now, and it's pissing me off! So, we're giving missiles more health so more can get through the AMS!"

Sir, you're being unreasonable!

"DO IT!"

#119 WEAPON EXPLOSION

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:31 AM

new map is way too bright.

#120 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts