#121 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:39 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 17 April 2019 - 04:13 AM, said:

Yep, new map way too bright.. the sky needs to be more overcast and the glare on the snow need to go way down.. only way to play this map is in thermal vision..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 17 April 2019 - 06:42 AM.

#122 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:39 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 17 April 2019 - 06:39 AM, said:

Yep, new map way too bright.. the sky needs to be more overcast and the glare on the snow need to go way down.. only way to play this map is in thermal vision..

Welcome to original Frozen City. and REAL arctic maps.

Honestly, Polar Highlands would actually get complained about a lot less if they added in a chance for white-out blizzard conditions.

#123 BodakOfSseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 265 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 17 April 2019 - 04:52 PM

New map is so bright it's unplayable.
EVERYONE votes against it - which sucks because we need new maps.

Day 2 and I have yet to get to play it.

#124 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:55 PM

I don't have VOIP any more, so do I need to go back to the academy ?

I'll check back after I do 25 matches

FIXED, not sure exactly what happen, but ended up uninstalling TS3, install it again, then change from default in Audio in game.

Had no issues , ever till today when I logged into TS, and there was an update, so I allowed it to up date, that seem to ucked up everything.
working now, so we good

Edited by Xaat Xuun, 17 April 2019 - 10:04 PM.

#125 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 18 April 2019 - 07:55 AM

View PostScottAleric, on 17 April 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

New map is so bright it's unplayable.
EVERYONE votes against it - which sucks because we need new maps.

Day 2 and I have yet to get to play it.

Not true, I get the map more often than not. Also, so many people whine because....Kerensky forbid...we have to fight on a battlefield with impaired visibility!... Gasp. Seriously, just adjust the brightness and contrast on those super bright gaming monitors and you are good to go.

#126 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:33 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 18 April 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

Not true, I get the map more often than not. Also, so many people whine because....Kerensky forbid...we have to fight on a battlefield with impaired visibility!... Gasp. Seriously, just adjust the brightness and contrast on those super bright gaming monitors and you are good to go.

Sorry I play games to relax not to strain my eyes.. i'm sure 99% of the population will agree with that..

#127 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 959 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:53 AM

???
It's war out there and you complain about brightness??

Well, it's a "simulation" of a battle on a planet, far far away, and it'S winter. Conditions are bad, so sight is bad, and fighting is hard.
But Mr T1 Player want's to fight in condiditons he's used too. Cosy light, maybe a teddy bear blanket over his shoulders (the onsie is nice and cute such, but not too warm), mum will bring him a cup of hot choclate soon. Not too bright colors, good contrast; you want to have no difficulty aiming at that CT's, won't you?

:)

#128 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:27 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 18 April 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

No amount of BS will make anyone believe the brightness on hibernal is okay, my monitor is already darker than typical (eye problems) and i have to look away till im able to turn thermals on.

#129 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:52 AM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 18 April 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

No amount of BS will make anyone believe the brightness on hibernal is okay, my monitor is already darker than typical (eye problems) and i have to look away till im able to turn thermals on.

Xeno, some people are masochists.. they can't help it ..

#130 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:23 AM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 18 April 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

No amount of BS will make YOU believe the brightness in Hibernal is okay... YOU do not speak for ANYONE other than YOURSELF.

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 18 April 2019 - 09:52 AM, said:

Xeno, some people are masochists.. they can't help it ..

And some people need crutches, your point?

#131 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:25 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 18 April 2019 - 10:23 AM, said:

No amount of BS will make YOU believe the brightness in Hibernal is okay... YOU do not speak for ANYONE other than YOURSELF.

And some people need crutches, your point?

Being able to see without inducing a migraine is a crutch?

#132 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:58 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 18 April 2019 - 10:23 AM, said:

oh Oh OH its okay if you assume everyone has super cranked up gaming monitors that let them see everything perfectly at night cause they have their brightness cranked up but its not okay if I make the much more likely assumption that not everyone enjoys actual real harm being done to their eyeballs - right my bad i'll turn in my soap box right away sir!

#133 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:38 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 18 April 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

oh Oh OH its okay if you assume everyone has super cranked up gaming monitors that let them see everything perfectly at night cause they have their brightness cranked up but its not okay if I make the much more likely assumption that not everyone enjoys actual real harm being done to their eyeballs - right my bad i'll turn in my soap box right away sir!

I have a "budget" monitor and have no problem with the brightness of the map, so therefore not everyone has an issue with the brightness of the map.

#134 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 959 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:48 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 18 April 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

I have a "budget" monitor and have no problem with the brightness of the map, so therefore not everyone has an issue with the brightness of the map.

So it is YOU who has no problem, YOU who does not complain.
Everytiome YOU,YOU, YOU, Just because YOU are okay with it, you think everybody else has to agree and be quiet. You are so YOU it's really ..... lost for words...
I have MY opinion, and I want nobody to argue against it, because that would be selfish of the other.
Trollolo, sorry, no sleep for several nights (wife is a chronic pain patient) may tend to make me a bit too sarcastic/cynical.

Just make one step back and look at what and how you phrased it, okay?

"In my opinion/experience that map is too bright or dark or whatever, please PGI can you take a look at it, maybe others have this problem too." is way way better than "Ho, too bright, PGI fix asap, cause too bright it is for me and i hold the only truth".

So, i am pretty happy with the patch so far, and with the "classic" maps added i really learned to appreciate the bigger maps we have now. But, in the end, the best map design doesn't help if your team nows only one strategy, NASCAR.

#135 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 12:27 AM

View Postel piromaniaco, on 18 April 2019 - 11:48 PM, said:

So it is YOU who has no problem, YOU who does not complain.
Everytiome YOU,YOU, YOU, Just because YOU are okay with it, you think everybody else has to agree and be quiet. You are so YOU it's really ..... lost for words...
I have MY opinion, and I want nobody to argue against it, because that would be selfish of the other.
Trollolo, sorry, no sleep for several nights (wife is a chronic pain patient) may tend to make me a bit too sarcastic/cynical.

Just make one step back and look at what and how you phrased it, okay?

"In my opinion/experience that map is too bright or dark or whatever, please PGI can you take a look at it, maybe others have this problem too." is way way better than "Ho, too bright, PGI fix asap, cause too bright it is for me and i hold the only truth".

So, i am pretty happy with the patch so far, and with the "classic" maps added i really learned to appreciate the bigger maps we have now. But, in the end, the best map design doesn't help if your team nows only one strategy, NASCAR.

Yes, I say that it is me and I don't claim to speak for anyone else.

#136 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 12:38 AM

Hibernal Rift needs more contrast, like Frozen City. Everything is just f-ing white. not about the brightness, but just white. there's little to no constrast. you can't tell if you're out in the open, or walking into a wall, or where's a slope.

#137 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 959 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:03 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 19 April 2019 - 12:27 AM, said:

Yes, I say that it is me and I don't claim to speak for anyone else.

And i was quoting and responding to your post just as an intoduction for my text addressed to all the others complainers.

And i forgot to add the :) , the international sign for "don't take it too serious man, let's talk about it, joke about it, play hte game and be happy"

#138 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:43 AM

I like the new map but it's a bit too white for me. I'm having some minor trouble making out the landscape. Maybe a little more contrast would help. Other than that I really like it.

I don't think T5 Cadet players are asking the other T5 Cadet players for advice in game. If there are people trolling the new players and it helps to stop that I'm all for muting them. Besides, 25 games shouldn't take them that long to get through.

I was floored to read that people are creating alt accounts just to harass new players. Why? People never cease to amaze me with the insane things they do.

#139 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 777 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:28 AM

Irrelevant comment>

I was playing Polar Canyon long time ago. It was on a sub-optimal laptop with below spec gfx card.
Sometimes it turned ground to the shades of white. It was beautiful, like early spring with rocks in natural color rising from the ground covered with snow, with the sun shining above. Even suggested that quick adaptation of the map on the forum.

New map is an abomination.

Edited by ExoForce, 19 April 2019 - 09:38 AM.

#140 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:58 AM

View PostExoForce, on 19 April 2019 - 09:28 AM, said:

Sometimes it turned ground to the shades of white. It was beautiful, like early spring with rocks in natural color rising from the ground covered with snow, with the sun shining above. Even suggested that quick adaptation of the map on the forum.
That's known as "your laptop failed to load the textures".

23 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users