#41 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 17 April 2019 - 04:49 AM

View PostEatit, on 17 April 2019 - 04:39 AM, said:

Man that was really aggressive and uncalled for. What did he or I for that matter do to you. That's the second time you've tried to belittle me. You wouldn't speak to me like that to my face why are you doing it here? You sound like a decent person for most of what you've written and then you say things like that. You're making it hard for me to want to continue having a conversation with you. Didn't your mother teach you any manners?

Oh boy, someones feelings got hurt on the internet ... Can anyone here call the whaambulance?
P.S. And for the record ... If you think that being his wife is belitteling, it means that it is you are who belitteling him, not me who is belitteling you.

P.P.S. I am also officially sick of using the "belitteling" word. If I hear one more "belitteling" I am soooo gonna "belittle" someone in the face.

View PostVellron2005, on 17 April 2019 - 04:44 AM, said:

That said, I'm also done with this thread. Any more and it will just devolve into more toxicity and needless namecalling..

Mission accomplished. Only took us 3 pages instead of 12 this time lads! Good job.

#42 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 17 April 2019 - 04:49 AM

That's why I block his posts.. cose' you just can't have a normal conversation with some people.. And I'm done getting dragged into arguments in which moderation has to step in..

That said, I'm also done with this thread. Any more and it will just devolve into more toxicity and needless namecalling..

I hope PGI reconsiders their treatment of LRMs and how hard it is to get IDF locks like they have reconsidered AMS / missile health..

That's cool man.
But I think you crossed the line this time with this request. Don't get bent about the same detractors but again, look at what you asked.

#43 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 17 April 2019 - 04:52 AM

That's why I block his posts.. cose' you just can't have a normal conversation with some people.. And I'm done getting dragged into arguments in which moderation has to step in..

I hope PGI reconsiders their treatment of LRMs and how hard it is to get IDF locks like they have reconsidered AMS / missile health..

Process:

Step 1: start buff lrms thread
Step 2: block anyone who disagrees in the thread
Step 3: a few days later start new buff lrms thread

The vellron saga continues

#44 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 17 April 2019 - 04:59 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 17 April 2019 - 04:52 AM, said:

Process:

Step 1: start buff lrms thread
Step 2: block anyone who disagrees in the thread
Step 3: a few days later start new buff lrms thread

The vellron saga continues

But that kinda explains it ... I mean he either sees an empty thread or a thread where everyone agrees with him. Which means he is logically drawing more attention from PGI to "the problem" by making more threads.

Sorry lads, I gotta step afk for an hour or so. I'm literally gonna explode from lmao'ing otherwise. Peace.

#45 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:02 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 17 April 2019 - 04:17 AM, said:

This is top 1 WC2018 vs top 4 WC2018 game just FYI lol Please tell me more about how we don’t play LRMs

Did I say that you didn't use LRMs? I don't recall that. I said it wasn't a concern that was brought up. If it is truly a concern and you feel like you were cheated you should definitely bring it up.

You were forced to use LRMs last year because they made you play in Stock Mechs, LOL. What an insult to your skill that must have been. Stock Mechs come with LRMs. Did you guys use LRMs in any year before?

I don't think there is one meta build that includes LRMs. Feel free to correct me, I'm frequently wrong about things I don't care about.

I don't see the masses from QP flooding the forums with nerf LRM posts. Mostly because they don't care. What I see is comp players, sad because their friends left the game forcing them to play in QP to get a decent wait time. Those same comp players are now trying to turn QP into something it's not. It's the Derp Que you play your crazy builds in. The one you level mechs in. The one you test insane builds in. It's the one that's still fun, probably why it still has players. Most of that fun being nobody is telling you what you can bring and how you should play. The Nascar is real, no matter how stupid it is they still do it. Most would probably resent anyone trying to tell them that they shouldn't.

I'm not advocating a play style I don't like either. I'm saying each to his own.

#46 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:05 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 17 April 2019 - 04:23 AM, said:

Locking often involves holding the target reticle dead-center on a moving target for 10+ seconds.

Thats a big bunch of ********.

That's why I block his posts.. cose' you just can't have a normal conversation with some people..

Enjoy the empty threads.

Not many people agree with this. Try cycling to easier to lock targets if you're having trouble. I'm not a lrm afficianardo or whatever, barely blame them, yet I haven't had a hard time farming some decent games.

Edited by Prototelis, 17 April 2019 - 05:11 AM.

#47 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:09 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 17 April 2019 - 05:05 AM, said:

Thats a big bunch of ********.

It isn’t if you sit as far away as he sits.

#48 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:11 AM

Phoenix,

Did you really just try to intimidate me? What a joke. Smash my face? Wow, just wow. Calling me his wife suggest that I'm a woman when you think I'm not. Don't try to act all innocent because you were caught being ugly. Your mom wouldn't buy it and I'm not buying it either. It's going to take a much better man than you to bait me.

#49 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:19 AM

View PostEatit, on 17 April 2019 - 05:11 AM, said:

Phoenix,

Did you really just try to intimidate me? What a joke. Smash my face? Wow, just wow. Calling me his wife suggest that I'm a woman when you think I'm not. Don't try to act all innocent because you were caught being ugly. Your mom wouldn't buy it and I'm not buying it either. It's going to take a much better man than you to bait me.

Don't let it bother you man. He's been pretty rude and abrasive to more than just you.
Also I think he was making a general statement. Not a threat purely to you. Unacceptable nonetheless.

#50 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 290 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:22 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 17 April 2019 - 12:27 AM, said:

So, I don't know about you guys, but I think that not being able to lock a mech 300 meters away in IDF or a mech in ECM, is ridiculous.

You wanted Lurmes move closer and forward.. is 300m still to far for using LONG RANGE missiles?

If you have a mech at 300m, crest the hill you're hiding behind and DF that mech in the face.

#51 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:26 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 17 April 2019 - 04:24 AM, said:

Vellron "pgi make me perform better at the game without me learning how to play" thread #46475890, lmao

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Giga burn !
<3

And Vellron, we got it : you like LRMs, but please, just stop the nonsense .
No amount of PGI-sided EZmode for LRMs will make you improve or even get close to proper players .
Just deal with it, move on or finally improve .

#52 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:33 AM

Wow. This is an interesting read. Locks are tougher and the brawling community got what they wanted.....fewer missiles.... And, PGI, that means fewer IDF players now. And, at a point where all players are so few, a bad business decision (again...)

Direct fire makes sense. The Lock Time nerf really doesn't make much sense in that LRM's have the most direct, game provided counters in the game.....and, are one of the weakest weapons in the game.

What really is going on is that the Brawling community doesn't want to waste skill tree nodes on anything "missile" related nor spare the space for AMS and Ammo..... That, is counter intuitive in a Universe where there is FTL space flight....... Come on ! And, to be honest, I still occasionally use LRM's in events and you know what I've seen: the same brawling community not mounting AMS and Skill Tree anti-missile nodes and they are still whining !!!!

Russ, revert the lock on changes and let the river of tears from those brave "killers" continue....we could almost write a sitcom from these posts !!!

Edited by Asym, 17 April 2019 - 05:35 AM.

#53 Lotspeech

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:41 AM

With the new patch Lrms and ATMs are now extremely broken. Personally I am just going to run ATMs until PGI gets the message and nerfs their missle heath again. AMS went from god teir to useless against ATMs and now the only thing that can stop them is the minimum range.

Velron, if your honestly having trouble getting locks then try turning your mouse sensitivity down so you can hold your crosshair in the square. the only time you should really be having a hard time getting locks is against an ECM mech through a wall, in which case you have no business locking that mech in a first place. the reason they dont want you to be able to lock indirectly is so that you wont play them indirectly! and stop with this crap about how lrms should be good at long range. if that is the case then we should increase the minimum range so that way they cant do anything at short range and they can only be used at long range

#54 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:57 AM

View PostAsym, on 17 April 2019 - 05:33 AM, said:

Russ, revert the lock on changes and let the river of tears from those brave "killers" continue....we could almost write a sitcom from these posts !!!

Down for this, if they reverse last years giga-buffs.

#55 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:20 AM

View PostEatit, on 17 April 2019 - 05:02 AM, said:

I don't see the masses from QP flooding the forums with nerf LRM posts

Because as has been demonstrated, PGI doesn't understand their own product.

And as we also know, we've had tutorial videos, streamers, documents, long winded posts, helpfulp community members in game all looking to aid new players and help others get better- and yet you still get players with *thousands of games* played that still shoot medium lasers on chain fire at 500m. There's a resistance to improvement among players in this game that is just staggering.

View PostEatit, on 17 April 2019 - 05:02 AM, said:

Mostly because they don't care. What I see is comp players, sad because their friends left the game forcing them to play in QP to get a decent wait time. Those same comp players are now trying to turn QP into something it's not.

Of all the "comp players" I've interacted with, played with and/or against, I know of very few- if any, who want to turn SQ into anything it's not.

Here's the crazy thing about "comp players"... brace yourself for this...

They enjoy this game and want to have fun, and many of them want others to as well.

Edited by thievingmagpi, 17 April 2019 - 06:21 AM.

#56 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:58 AM

Magpi,

Why should players work to improve? Because you or others think they should? If they just want to run around shooting stompy robots shouldn't they be allowed and not harassed?

What makes it your or anyone else's business? Are you paying them hourly to play the game giving you authority to tell them how to play?

Nerfing LRMS into oblivion or removing them from the game will eliminate the fun some people have. How can doing that be wanting them to have fun?

I believe that most comp players want others to have fun. The ones that want to remove other peoples fun are the ones I have issue with.

#57 Detergent II

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:02 AM

Just have a teammate bring NARC if you want to do IDF LRMs haHAA, personally I'd prefer it if they flat removed IDF without a TAG or NARC. LRMs only do work in IDF when you have spotting devices and more than one LRMboat, otherwise in solo QP you're just a nuisance

#58 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:07 AM

View PostEatit, on 17 April 2019 - 06:58 AM, said:

Magpi,

Why should players work to improve? Because you or others think they should? If they just want to run around shooting stompy robots shouldn't they be allowed and not harassed?

What makes it your or anyone else's business? Are you paying them hourly to play the game giving you authority to tell them how to play?

Well, it is a team game after all.

Nerfing LRMS into oblivion or removing them from the game will eliminate the fun some people have. How can doing that be wanting them to have fun?

And further increasing everyone else's fun.

I believe that most comp players want others to have fun. The ones that want to remove other peoples fun are the ones I have issue with.

"I just want to have fun" is the laziest excuse for being objectively terribad game in game out, play objectively terribad in a team-based game and demonstrates zero interest in actually improving the quality of matches and thus, increasing *everyone's* fun.

#59 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:26 AM

Is this a serious thread???

#60 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:28 AM

View PostGhost Paladin117, on 17 April 2019 - 07:26 AM, said: