11 replies to this topic

#1 Achle

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:55 AM

Hi all...

I play on and off...and usually play Clan just because I started there and have more mechs.

I am curious who has more population atm? Clan or IS. I ask because I want to help populate the side with less. Maybe even things out. I am not a player who MUST be on the OP side because I am very average either way.

Thanks for the help

#2 Hobbles v

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 09:51 AM

Play merc. We switch sides multiple times per day

#3 Achle

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 10:17 AM

Is there advantages to being a merc over a loyalist? More money or exp?

I have thought about it....but my personality holds me back. I am fairly loyal...LOL or else I would have left my crap company years ago.

#4 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 17 April 2019 - 11:53 AM

View PostAchle, on 17 April 2019 - 10:17 AM, said:

Is there advantages to being a merc over a loyalist? More money or exp?

I have thought about it....but my personality holds me back. I am fairly loyal...LOL or else I would have left my crap company years ago.

The advantage is you never have to worry about population of clan or IS, you just jump anytime you want to get games

#5 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:21 PM

MERC if you have not maxed out the Rewards Tree - Is the way to go if you have both Clan and IS mechs.

You can swap (currently) at any time and just keep earning rewards if the population swings.

And believe me, the population swings almost by the hour sometimes. Teams avoiding teams was a thing previously but it took on a whole new level when PGI allowed people to switch faction at the drop of a hat. Crazy stuff IMO.

So yeah, MERC is definately the best way to play Faction Play right now. Well, to be honest it has been for around 2 years.

#6 Achle

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:03 PM

I will give Merc a try. I have enough mechs for two drop decks on both sides...although my IS drop deck is not all that great. Mostly older mechs that have been out of meta for a while.

Thank you for the information

#7 Achle

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:37 AM

Yikes, the queue for FP is stupid long lately. I went clan because I noticed like two dozen people in line for IS and 8 for Clan. Must be the new Marauder...

Well back to QP...I swear faction has really beat me into shape for QP. I am usually in the top 3 for damage these days. When I left QP for FP I was mid to bottom /blush

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 03:36 PM

mercs great until you clear the tree. but i still got another 17% left to go.

#9 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 22 April 2019 - 01:47 PM

View PostAchle, on 18 April 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

Yikes, the queue for FP is stupid long lately. I went clan because I noticed like two dozen people in line for IS and 8 for Clan. Must be the new Marauder...

Well back to QP...I swear faction has really beat me into shape for QP. I am usually in the top 3 for damage these days. When I left QP for FP I was mid to bottom /blush

You need to be in a group.

You will be getting 'skipped' over as Groups get Priority over Solo's as a 12-man will insta-lock into a lobby and skip the 11 solos that might be sitting there.

Group play is what FP is all about - track down a unit - get into a group = get matches faster.

#10 Achle

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:17 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 22 April 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

You need to be in a group.

You will be getting 'skipped' over as Groups get Priority over Solo's as a 12-man will insta-lock into a lobby and skip the 11 solos that might be sitting there.

Group play is what FP is all about - track down a unit - get into a group = get matches faster.

That is just bad planning on the part of the...well who ever planned that. I might have to find a group I guess. I am finally doing top 3 in QP for damage and performance...about 50% of the time I am top damage...although I need to work on my focusing one spot since even with top damage I get only 2 or 3 kills. I do have top damage on multiple other kills however.

Anyhow I have almost given up on FP...

What is best way to find a group? i am not super social. I prefer to be silent and leave behind a path of destruction.

#11 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 01:18 AM

Depends on the time zone u are playing. Mostly no need to talk all day. U simply need to get in a group and start sending out friend invites. If u carry your weight u will get ninja invites afterwards. To start thinks faction ts and some streamers are a good spot to start. Yondu and cheekiz stream cw often and might pick u up.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 05 May 2019 - 01:20 AM.

#12 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 05 May 2019 - 03:22 AM

View PostAchle, on 03 May 2019 - 11:17 AM, said:

That is just bad planning on the part of the...well who ever planned that.

Planned what?
Faction Play is and always has been - Group Play oriented.

So it has nothing to do with bad planning. It has everything to do with players not appreciating/understanding or even trying to play the mode as it was designed.

There are HEAPS of units recruiting --> HERE <--

On top of that when you drop, ask if there is a group to join, away you go.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users