43 replies to this topic

#41 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 12 May 2019 - 04:10 PM

Turning off your hud is the number one way to avoid bird callers giving out your location;the second is going to the 3pv.

Min range does need more into other than a 90s era mouse over weapon tool tip. If a lrm boater dies to a light humping it well you need to use back up weapons and start using them. Even the Cat A1 can use ssrms or srms. Ive had to fight many lights in all the cats.

Also for ppc the snub has no min range so be careful you dont team damage when you thought you had any other ppc which has min range. You can scare many new players with non snub ppc fire at 89m and under. IS lrm are 180m minimal. Not 179m or less.

#42 blackcatf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAuldhouse, Skye Federation, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 22 May 2019 - 06:11 PM

View PostNightbird, on 22 April 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

Skills and quirks don't affect minimum range.
...and if minimum range were displayed the same way as other weapon ranges in the 'mech lab, it would be really easy to tell that... ;)

View PostTalorien, on 26 April 2019 - 06:15 AM, said:

Great question, anyone know?

Btw ATM min range is 120m. This is extremely opaque in-game.
I quoted the wrong guy here, but the answer to the question about ATM launcher text color is that when the crosshair is over the target, it functions the same as any other weapon: it's white text inside optimal range (full 3 damage per missile), yellow outside optimal range (but still in range) as damage starts ramping down, and gray/black when out of range. I didn't see any color variance when in either of the lower damage plateaus.

#43 GuardDogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:04 PM

Not MWO, but DSC HUD reticle indicates range. The hud cockpit can also display range on right side under height with a vertical scale (for air-air missiles). Not showing in video though. Very helpful. Although in MWO, always got to calculate. :-)

Edited by GuardDogg, 22 May 2019 - 09:06 PM.

#44 Talorien

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:03 AM

View Postblackcatf, on 22 May 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

I quoted the wrong guy here, but the answer to the question about ATM launcher text color is that when the crosshair is over the target, it functions the same as any other weapon: it's white text inside optimal range (full 3 damage per missile), yellow outside optimal range (but still in range) as damage starts ramping down, and gray/black when out of range. I didn't see any color variance when in either of the lower damage plateaus.

Thanks, that's good to know!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users