#1 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:01 AM

What would it take to implement that?

I don't want to wait for matches to finish anymore. Too many Mech Racers and very few Mech Warriors around. When I get killed, I don't want to wait for a stealth light mech to do the usual 5 minute cameo.

It's called Quick Play, isn't it? What's Quick about waiting to get into a new a match after you're killed, IF you have to wait for it to finish?

#2 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:12 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 23 April 2019 - 02:01 AM, said:

I don't want to wait for matches to finish anymore. Too many Mech Racers and very few Mech Warriors around. When I get killed, I don't want to wait for a stealth light mech to do the usual 5 minute cameo.

It's called Quick Play, isn't it? What's Quick about waiting to get into a new a match after you're killed, IF you have to wait for it to finish?

You can always leave the match and select a different mech.

It’s basically just another form of block to stop people just suiciding into the enemy early all the time when they don’t like the match they’re in.

#3 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:32 AM

View PostMaddermax, on 23 April 2019 - 02:12 AM, said:

It’s basically just another form of block to stop people just suiciding into the enemy early all the time when they don’t like the match they’re in.

So, like all the stupid ideas, this one should be scrapped.

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:37 AM

It's not stupid at all.

You wanna die early and leave a game before its over - select another mech. Otherwise, don't die early.

Pretty straightforward.

#5 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:38 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 23 April 2019 - 02:01 AM, said:

I was in my PPC shadowcat nad 3 mechs were left and me. A guy like you yelled at me "to not waste time" and called me names. I killed all 3 of them because I spread them out and shot them.

#6 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:57 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 23 April 2019 - 02:38 AM, said:

I was in my PPC shadowcat nad 3 mechs were left and me. A guy like you yelled at me "to not waste time" and called me names. I killed all 3 of them because I spread them out and shot them.

Was I talking about close games? No, I was not. Everything you gloated about is meaningless 'cause I wasn't talking about close games.

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 23 April 2019 - 02:37 AM, said:

It's not stupid at all.

You wanna die early and leave a game before its over - select another mech. Otherwise, don't die early.

Pretty straightforward.

What kind of an eejit wants to die early?

#7 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:09 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 23 April 2019 - 02:37 AM, said:

You wanna die early and leave a game before its over - select another mech. Otherwise, don't die early. Pretty straightforward.
What's the point if it doesn't stop suiciding? I get the intent, but it does nothing in practice.

#8 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:13 AM

Besides, what I'm asking is why this is so in QUICK PLAY?! This is the mode which is supposed to be QUICK PLAY. Not Restricted Play and bad MM on top of that.

#9 ingramli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 554 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:20 AM

I see it sort of grind mechanism.

If you want to start a new match before the current match ends, all you need is grind for another same mech with identical loadout, simple and straightforward.

#10 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:29 AM

View PostIlfi, on 23 April 2019 - 03:09 AM, said:

What's the point if it doesn't stop suiciding? I get the intent, but it does nothing in practice.

If you're too dumb to learn from having to wait 2-8mins after suicide running.

You need all the downtime possible.

#11 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:33 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 23 April 2019 - 03:29 AM, said:

If you're too dumb to learn from having to wait 2-8mins after suicide running.

You need all the downtime possible.

Sorry but you're completely missing the point. A game's feature doesn't need to "parent" someone here. What's next? "No dinner"?

#12 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:34 AM

Or you know ... actually stay and watch the game ... You might finally learn smth.

#13 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:38 AM

quite a high bar of learning resistance we have here.

#14 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:40 AM

If this is a big deal to you, buy more duplicate variants and you can run the “same” mech even if “it” is locked in another match.
PGI is not going to remove this sort of common sense restriction.

#15 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:54 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 23 April 2019 - 03:34 AM, said:

Or you know ... actually stay and watch the game ... You might finally learn smth.

Doing 500 damage and getting kills while the team runs away from enemies has taught me that QP needs to seriously get rid of the locking mechanism. Besides, if I want to watch and learn, I'd be watching something intelligent like Ash's or Baradul's streams, not my team's Mech Racer Online.

View PostAlienized, on 23 April 2019 - 03:38 AM, said:

quite a high bar of learning resistance we have here.

Yeah, isn't it amazing that the experienced players are relucatant to let go of a meaningless restriction in a game mode that's meant to be like instant action?

View PostBud Crue, on 23 April 2019 - 03:40 AM, said:

PGI is not going to remove this sort of common sense restriction.

Fine, if it's common, I'm glad people can keep it intact in a game mode meant to be like Instant Action. Forget I ever said anything. I can see where the priorities are here.

#16 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:13 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 23 April 2019 - 03:54 AM, said:

Yeah, isn't it amazing that the experienced players are relucatant to let go of a meaningless restriction in a game mode that's meant to be like instant action?

NOTHING is meaningless. hell, even i usually stick to the end of the battle (if i didnt fail hard myself badly and know it)
to check for things to improve.
propably the biggest reason why some are better some are worse.

punishment has to be. always. its the best way to learn something.

#17 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:15 AM

Removing it for Tier 5 is fine with me, newbies typically lack a plethora of 'mechs. Really though all the tiers need revamping.

Tier 5: Mediums-Heavies only
Tier 4: All mechs,
Tier 3: All mechs, mech locking
Tier 2: All mechs, mech locking, R&R
Tier 1: All mechs, mech locking, R&R

R&R needs a revamp though. Mech's should be locked after the game for 1min per 1,000,000Cbills of repairs, ticking down proportionally, with the option to insta-repair by paying the remaining CBill amount (or a nominal 25MC).

#18 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:18 AM

View PostAlienized, on 23 April 2019 - 04:13 AM, said:

NOTHING is meaningless. hell, even i usually stick to the end of the battle (if i didnt fail hard myself badly and know it)
to check for things to improve.
propably the biggest reason why some are better some are worse.

punishment has to be. always. its the best way to learn something.

Yeah and in this case, I don’t even see it as much of a punishment, just a way to not only discourage all sorts of bad behaviors (rushing in mindlessly, suiciding, etc.) but also encouraging folks to have a wide selection of mechs to play, even if it is as the OP emphasizes, a mode “meant to be like instant action”. Just have a bunch of mechs you like to play and having one stuck in a match where you dies early locked out is just not unreasonable.

#19 Knight Captain Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 340 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:35 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 23 April 2019 - 02:38 AM, said:

In my ErPpc shadow cat I turned what would’ve been a 12-0 stomp into a 11-2 stomp and survived till the timer ran out in skirmish. I got yelled at by blue team too, despite the fact that my damage output exceeded the combined out put of alpha and Charlie lance.

#20 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:52 AM

Just one thing to say before I let this die...

Do you level up skills in Faction Play? Do you try different builds in Faction Play? Do you just want to have a fight and see if you did well or not and repeat quickly?

You do all of the above in QP. Having a restriction in THAT mode is meaningless. Keep that in other modes like FW, CP, etc., where it matters.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users