No..

#22 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 06:45 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 29 April 2019 - 09:19 PM, said:

I'd stand there and look at you stupid too if you alpha'd that and missed - which you clearly did (missed) otherwise the fleas would have been sent to another dimension.

Idk man, I've had some odd hit reg in my TDK and PB past few months.

#23 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 01 May 2019 - 02:27 PM

Checking the log, the last time IS won a phase was January 5th. But sure, IS OP, please nerf immediately.

#24 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:05 PM

In the vast majority of FP games it`s the team not the tech that decides the outcome. Btw. most of the veterans of this game have played both sides together and against nearly everybody else in this game. Get over the notion that the Clan/IS conflict in the game has anything to do with specific players as persons. The players stay the same whether they play IS or Clan.

#25 SeventhSL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 May 2019 - 05:23 PM

View PostBishop Six, on 01 May 2019 - 12:44 AM, said:

Ah ok.
I base rush Pugs? Not true.
Drop camp? Whats this?

How can i stop a strategy after lobby when we finally see that the enemy is pug?

And thats all me? Mh ok.

Thanks for the reply. As I said at the start, my comments were not a personal attack. I just thought it may help you understand were the salt comes from and how you could avoid some of it if you wanted to. Look at it this way, if I didn’t think you were a decent bloke then there would be no point in me making those comments. If I didn’t think you had the skills then there wouldn’t be any point in suggesting a softer approach vs PUGs.

Yes, I absolutely agree. Some PUGs run off all over the map even when warned and yes you do cop unjustified salt from these guys. That’s not the whole story though. Your team is also getting salt they deserve from good players who are doing their best to try an organise the PUGs. As per my example, this starts to happen after repeated matches.

So answers to a couple of your questions.

No it is not all you. Unless you are always the drop caller and you have decent control over the team. From my perspective your just one of several names.

How can you stop the strategy? You just need to modify it. For example, instead of base rushing and ending the game quickly, base rush, get a reasonable lead and then pull back. Let the PUGs know your going to give them a worthwhile fight. The games will still end quickly but people won’t get so salty. You’ll earn a lot of respect from the good PUG players and any salt coming your way will be truly unjustified. I’m sure your a smart guy and can figure something out.

#26 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 01 May 2019 - 06:15 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 01 May 2019 - 02:27 PM, said:

Checking the log, the last time IS won a phase was January 5th. But sure, IS OP, please nerf immediately.

No one has won a phase really though. Winning a phase is definately night on possible these days.

Neither side is capable because of MERC hopping and teams avoiding other teams all phase long now you can switch instantly Posted Image

Edited by justcallme A S H, 01 May 2019 - 06:16 PM.

#27 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:23 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 01 May 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

No one has won a phase really though. Winning a phase is definately night on possible these days.

Neither side is capable because of MERC hopping and teams avoiding other teams all phase long now you can switch instantly Posted Image

Damn hoppers, would have less of them if LOYALISTS GOT BETTER AND OR UNIQUE REWARDS....

#28 Hobbles v

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 12:24 PM

View PostGrus, on 02 May 2019 - 08:23 AM, said:

Damn hoppers, would have less of them if LOYALISTS GOT BETTER AND OR UNIQUE REWARDS....

Loyalist units will always be inferior to units that swap sides and tech bases. Cutting oneself off from half the gameplay of this game means you will forever not understand the strengths and weaknesses of each side as well as people that play everything.

#29 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 01:51 PM

View PostHobbles v, on 02 May 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

... Cutting oneself off from half the gameplay of this game means you will forever not understand the strengths and weaknesses of each side as well as people that play everything.

Wise words

#30 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 01:53 PM

View PostHobbles v, on 02 May 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

Loyalist units will always be inferior to units that swap sides and tech bases. Cutting oneself off from half the gameplay of this game means you will forever not understand the strengths and weaknesses of each side as well as people that play everything.

B...b...but what about the lore?

#31 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:11 PM

View PostGrus, on 02 May 2019 - 08:23 AM, said:

There are those 5% LP bonus medallions that you get at rank 8 or whatever...

Edited by Bowelhacker, 02 May 2019 - 03:12 PM.

#32 Jack Booted Thug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 549 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:59 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 01 May 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

Nigh-on-impossible nigh, it must be used correctly. And yes I love you Mike and Merc hopping so on and so forth.......nigh....... can't let it go

#33 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:20 AM

View PostGrus, on 01 May 2019 - 06:41 AM, said:

BahHAHAHAHA OMG OMG BAHAHAHAA!!!!!

No..

They are, almost all the clan mechs are better out of the box than the IS mechs, so if a new player just buys a mech and goes to play with it that player is much more likely to do well in a clan mech than an IS mech.

I'd argue the metabuilds on the clan side are more newbie friendly as well, as they tend to be much more general purpose while the strongest IS builds are more niche.

You can play FP really well with a single dropdeck of the strongest Clan builds, but on the IS side if you want to compete you really do need different decks for different maps and modes.

#34 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:01 AM

View PostSjorpha, on 03 May 2019 - 05:20 AM, said:

They are, almost all the clan mechs are better out of the box than the IS mechs, so if a new player just buys a mech and goes to play with it that player is much more likely to do well in a clan mech than an IS mech.

I'd argue the metabuilds on the clan side are more newbie friendly as well, as they tend to be much more general purpose while the strongest IS builds are more niche.

You can play FP really well with a single dropdeck of the strongest Clan builds, but on the IS side if you want to compete you really do need different decks for different maps and modes.

What? Clan mechs fall apart if someone looks at them wrong. Constantly needing to move and reposition to maintain your small range advantage with mechs that handle like a slug... IS mechs, more durable, less spread on all wps, and more nimble mechs across the board. And let's not forget the ecm+stealth armor ******* going on in FW...

IS mechs can be piloted by rolling your face across the keyboard and still get kills...

#35 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:42 AM

View PostSjorpha, on 03 May 2019 - 05:20 AM, said:

View PostGrus, on 03 May 2019 - 06:01 AM, said:

What? Clan mechs fall apart if someone looks at them wrong. Constantly needing to move and reposition to maintain your small range advantage with mechs that handle like a slug... IS mechs, more durable, less spread on all wps, and more nimble mechs across the board. And let's not forget the ecm+stealth armor ******* going on in FW...

IS mechs can be piloted by rolling your face across the keyboard and still get kills...

Of course Clan Mechs are better out of the box, because they are more expensive than IS ones. Always remember, you won't win a match in the Mechlab but you can definately loose a match there. So I agree that Clan mechs are more friendly for beginners, as IS Mechs need more love before sending them to the battlefield.

You also need less different drop decks on Clan side but on the other hand IS drop decks offer more tactical opportunities because of the specialized IS Mechs.

So, make your choice...

Edited by Fuerchtenichts, 03 May 2019 - 06:43 AM.

#36 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:48 AM

View PostFuerchtenichts, on 03 May 2019 - 06:42 AM, said:

Of course Clan Mechs are better out of the box, because they are more expensive than IS ones. Always remember, you won't win a match in the Mechlab but you can definately loose a match there. So I agree that Clan mechs are more friendly for beginners, as IS Mechs need more love before sending them to the battlefield.

You also need less different drop decks on Clan side but on the other hand IS drop decks offer more tactical opportunities because of the specialized IS Mechs.

So, make your choice...
clan mechs are also more expensive to optimize. Stock for stock IS comes out on top every time just because of the sheer amount of durability quirks that they have. Clan mechs dont handle for ****, and stock, are hot as hell to operate. IS mechs enjoy relative cool mechs from the get go.

#37 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 09:54 AM

Sounds like I have to come out of self imposed breaks from mwo soon and show you clan kids how it’s done.

#38 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:24 AM

I think the introduction to more clan tech from the same era to give some chassis more of a purpose and just add some more flavor Fuji the game, like HAGs for instance.

#39 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:34 AM

View PostRagnar Baron Leiningen, on 03 May 2019 - 09:54 AM, said:

Sounds like I have to come out of self imposed breaks from mwo soon and show you clan kids how it’s done.

Says this... but is stiner...

View PostGhost Paladin117, on 03 May 2019 - 10:24 AM, said:

I think the introduction to more clan tech from the same era to give some chassis more of a purpose and just add some more flavor Fuji the game, like HAGs for instance.

PGI cant/won't do them justice.

#40 Buster Machine 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • 224 posts
  • LocationRepping TharHes Industries on a laptop

Posted 03 May 2019 - 12:32 PM

Ever wonder what balancing a game with a continuing timeline and advancing technology based on a pre-existing lore is like?

It was only a few months ago that the IS was complaining about OP clan tech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users