#1 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:14 AM

CALLING ALL PATRIOTS

JOIN THE FIGHT TO ENSURE OUR CONTINUED FREEDOM!​

The Skjaldborg seeks dedicated men and women willing to aid the Royal Rasalhague Army in its defense of the border. We who know the iron grip of Kurita first-hand; who know what it feels like to have our liberty denied us; who have the courage to strike a blow against oppression WHEREVER it may be found; IT IS OUR PLAIN DUTY to bring down the schemes of Takashi Kurita. In so doing, WE CAN HELP OUR REPUBLIC STAND FIRM AGAINST FOREIGN INVADERS!

For all the Republic citizens and ex-patriots who have suffered at Kurita hands - jailed, beaten, killed, or "disappeared" over the long years of darkness - we hereby issue this CALL TO ARMS AGAINST TAKASHI KURITA, DICTATOR AND CRIMINAL.

Do YOU have what it takes to keep our worlds free against SNAKE aggression?

Are YOU willing to give your utmost in the service of your nation?

Join up today at your local Recruitment Office - 151 Republican Way, Misby Flats, Trondheim

THE SHIELDWALL OF THE REPUBLIC NEEDS YOU!​

Posted Image
The Internal Security Force (ISF) of the Draconis Combine always closely watched any native of the Rasalhague Military District who joined into the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery (DCMS). Chaffing under this constant suspicion, and struggling with the continued oppression of both people and culture, a group of MechWarriors from the 22nd Rasalhague Regulars formed a secret resistance movement dedicated to achieving the long desired freedom of the old Principality of Rasalhague. In 3029, towards the close of the Fourth Succession war and with the ISF closing in on them, they saw their chance to break free and flee to the Lyran Commonwealth. That year, the group aid the Mobile Fire and Bad Dream mercenary units in their ambush of the 22nd Rasalhague Regulars on Gunzburg, forcing the DCMS regiment to surrender.

The founding members were allowed to take a lance of light mechs and given passage into Steiner space, where they would then set up the Skjaldborg mercenary unit. Bolstered by generous contracts and by support of the Lyrans, they were able to contribute to the continued conflict along the Steiner/Kurita border, fighting against DCMS units occupying the worlds of the Rasalhague Military District, their former comrades. Once the Republic was given its freedom in 3034 the Commonwealth graciously allowed the Skjaldborg to end its contract and sign on with the new nation. During the Ronin Wars that immediately followed, the Shieldwall fought above and beyond the wording of their contracts, more than willing to sacrifice pay and material to ensure that the fledgling Republic remained free.

During the Ronin Wars the Skjaldborg were assigned with the 3rd Drakøns to attack Orestes, Warlord Vasily Cherenkoff's rally point for Johiro’s Regiment of the Night Stalkers, the Twenty-second Rasalhague Regulars (the Skjaldborg's old regiment), and the Altenmarkt Militia to launch attempts to reclaim breakaway worlds. The Third arrived and tied all three regiments up, aided by the Skjaldborg as well as the Legion of the Rising Sun and Dismal Disinherited mercenary units on loan from the Lyran Commonwealth.

With the mercenaries attacking the Rasalhague Regulars and Night Stalkers, the Drakøns rolled over the Altenmarkt militia and captured vital supplies, before gaining air superiority over the planet. Despite protests from the LCAF military advisers assigned to the Third, after it became apparent to Överste Jorges Ulbrecht that Johiro’s Regiment was attempting to protect the largely Combine citizens of Kiertenbach, the Överste made contact with Tai-sa Johiro and struck a deal help evacuate the citizenry if the regiment would stand down. After watching for any treachery, the Night Stalkers stood down and surrendered to Republic forces in mid-August.

Now free to bring all its forces against the remaining Twenty-second, the Republic forces sent the mercenaries on a flanking maneuver as the Drakøns hit the Twenty-second head on. After heavy strafing runs from the Drakøns air wing, the Regulars found themselves smashed between the fresh mercenaries and the revitalized Drakøns, surrendering after 50% losses.

While the stigma of being a mercenary unit still stuck to them somewhat, it was to a much lesser degree, especially to those who knew the history of the unit. As the years have passed, good management and a further influx of ex-patriots and Rasalhague citizens has allowed the Skjaldborg to expand to include three different regiments, each with their own specialties.

Posted Image
The meat and potatoes of the merc unit, the Huscarls were the original regiment of the Skjaldborg. They have focused on remaining well rounded and varied in the mechs and contracts they take.

Posted Image
The Dragon Hunters. This regiment generally uses light and medium medium specializing in hit-and-run and recon contracts deep into the Kurita border worlds. It was formed shortly after the Fourth Succession War and grew on lucrative contracts from the Lyran Commonwealth before the independence of Rasalhague in 3034.

Posted Image
This unit is also known as the Swine Array. Specialize in shock attacks with heavy/assault mechs. They are known for their close combat tactics, smashing into the enemy with flanking maneuvers so that they can get in close to brawl. The growth of the unit after it signed under contract with the new Free Rasalhague Republic spawned this company, and the fierce, if brief, fighting during the Ronin Wars gave them their identity.

Within each Battalion in the three Regiments, we have one Company that is dedicated to our GMT members.
The Skjaldborg is a multi-gaming community which started during the early days of the MechWarrior Online forums, prior to Closed Beta. While we initially started as a focused MWO unit, we have since branched out to many other areas of online gaming (MMOs and various other multiplayer games). We still try to maintain a focus on MWO and Battletech.

We are a unit that begun as a gathering of people devoted to the Free Rasalhague Republic who have a desire to prevent future history from repeating itself. We'll be throwing ourselves into the fight against the Draconis Combine (damn Snakes!) to strengthen the FRR before Operation Revival (the Clan Invasion) begins, and will fight tooth and nail against the Clan's incursions into our worlds.

We have many members with deep background in Battletech, have participated in games like MPBT: Solaris, MPBT 3025, Mechwarrior multiplayer leagues, and InnerSphere War (ISW). The community found in those games is a major inspiration to this unit, and we will do our best to capture the spirit and camaraderie that was found there.

The MWO portion of the Skjaldborg will have a rank structure and will be split into Battalions, each with Companies beneath them, and multiple Lances beneath those Companies, in typical Battletech fashion.

Community is our primary focus. The goal is to have a good time and to enable others to have fun at their chosen hobby. For those wishing to command, we hope to provide that opportunity to you. For those looking to enjoy competition, we will provide you the framework to operate within, but will never force participation from above. We like our member base to help chart their own path and opt in, rather than opt out.

Promotions will be merit based and voted on by the officers and peers. Awards will be given for service above and beyond the call of duty, and ribbons (campaign, total kills, number of matches survived in a row, etc) will as well.

We strive to capture the spirit of the unit we owe our roots to. We are dedicated to the cause of the Free Rasalhague Republic in MWO.
  • The Skjaldborg will not take contracts from Clans
  • The Skjaldborg will not take contracts to attack FRR interests or defend against FRR attacks
  • The Skjaldborg will spend X% time under contract with the FRR
Our non-MWO gaming activities are varied and ephemeral, with the community as a whole being our major focal and rallying point. Our TeamSpeak community is… vibrant (don't click Dihm-links). The overall spirit that the Skjaldborg strives for is one of casual friendship and stress-free fun. If this isn't the case, we do our best to ensure that the problem is addressed and resolved as fast as possible.

Please check out our forum to apply and get involved!

Requirements:
  • There is an 18+ age requirement
  • TeamSpeak is required for coordination and socialization
  • Members are expected to keep up to date on our forums, especially the Announcement section. Inactivity will result in AWOL status, further inactivity in removal of membership.
  • Applicants are expected to read, understand, and follow the Code of Conduct
  • Where appropriate, members should be "in uniform". This could mean having a [SoR] tag or utilizing the unit paint scheme.

Edited by Dihm, 19 December 2014 - 06:22 AM.

#2 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:14 AM

Posted Image

Mechs of the Skjaldborg

Posted Image
An Atlas of the 1st Skjaldborg Huscarls.

Posted Image
An Atlas of the 3rd Skjaldborg Svinfylking.

Posted Image
A Dragon of the 2nd Skjaldborg Drakjagare (Dragon Hunters)... that seems wrong somehow.

Posted Image
Huscarls' Dragon.

Posted Image
Huscarls Hunchback.

Posted Image
Svinfylking Hunchback.

Posted Image
Drakjagare Jenner.

Posted Image
Huscarl Catapult

Posted Image
Svinfylking Axman (not official concept art, Axman has not been confirmed)

Edited by Dihm, 27 January 2012 - 12:20 PM.

#3 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:22 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
A trio of Centurions

Posted Image
Huscarl Panther (note: this is a fan concept drawing, not official)

Posted Image
Our official mascot, "Babe", of the Svinfylking (The Swine Array). He's a true pig in the city. (note: this is a fan concept drawing, not official)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Commandos of the 1st and 2nd Battalion.

Posted Image
3rd Battalion Awesome.

Posted Image
2nd Battalion Raven.

Posted Image
Leopard Dropship from the 1st Battalion Huscarls.

Edited by Dihm, 29 May 2012 - 03:59 AM.

#4 ScrewCityChris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:02 PM

Join us!

It isn't peer pressure, its just your turn. :)

#5 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:31 PM

You can play with people who have wacky names like Veðrfölni. What is that, I don't even...

#6 Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationMordhaus

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:32 PM

Don't forget mead horns and hot Scandanavian chicks!

#7 flessar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 175 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:11 AM

Plus we have ATLAS! So cmon you Lyran fence sitters, get over here and get your scout mech along with those hot chicks and booze. You know you wana! :)

#8 VEDRFOLNIR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:28 AM

View PostDihm, on 27 December 2011 - 12:31 PM, said:

You can play with people who have wacky names like Veðrfölni. What is that, I don't even...

Hey! ;)

http://en.wikipedia....6lnir_and_eagle

#9 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:12 AM

We tease out of love!

#10 phalanx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationBenjamin District

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:42 AM

Ah cute, more FedCom Puppets.

#11 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:02 AM

View PostPhalanx, on 30 December 2011 - 12:42 AM, said:

Ah cute, more FedCom Puppets.

We created them, we can end them. (Sorry Dihm, nothing personal buddy!)

#12 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:09 AM

The FedCom puppets thing totally threw me. I guess since we don't fall in line with the Dragon? :wub:

And no offense taken Hayden. You most certainly created us, home-grown terrorists if you will. Freedom Fighters to others. :huh:

Edited by Dihm, 30 December 2011 - 10:09 AM.

#13 Tramalhas

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 93 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:46 AM

Oi oi, im interestet in dusting off my assasin... or maybe hunchback and joining the shield-wall.

Caradepato or Ankansikte, kall me what you will!

#14 Blackfire1

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,462 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:49 AM

My fellow warriors of Rasalhague. I salute you. May our tankards run red with our enemies blood.

#15 Deathwatch050

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 17 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:30 AM

Alright, I'm in. I'd like to join the Dragon Hunters. My specialty is light/medium 'Mechs, reconnaissance and brawling if needed. I'll be joining Tramalhas (my friend).

-Deathwatch050

#16 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

Make sure you head over to the forums and apply DW, that way we can get you access to the members only forum. ^_^

We're building up our presence in Sweden it seems too. :(

#17 Tramalhas

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:51 PM

Well, my friend deathwatch technically lives in Portugal, if you mean him.

But it does make sense that the swedes would fight for the raselhauge, doesnt it? And i like the more "personal" feeling of the merc corps.

#18 phalanx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationBenjamin District

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

View PostHayden, on 30 December 2011 - 01:02 AM, said:

We created them, we can end them. (Sorry Dihm, nothing personal buddy!)

We created them?

"...Bolstered by generous contracts and by support of the Lyrans, they were able to contribute to the continued conflict along the Steiner/Kurita border, fighting against DCMS units occupying the worlds of the Rasalhague Military District, their former comrades."

So you fought your comrades while being funding by the Lyrans?

Yeah, I stand by my "puppets" comment.

Perhaps the Arm of the Dragon will test the strength of your "shieldwall".
(OOC:Great work on the unit. Will be exciting to see how a faction unit that does not have the advantage of a ready-made memberbase holds up.)

#19 Orcinus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 346 posts
  • LocationYour Left Flank

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

View PostPhalanx, on 01 January 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

Posted Image

With the Överste's approval, of course.

Edited by Orcinus, 01 January 2012 - 05:14 PM.

#20 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:19 AM

View PostPhalanx, on 01 January 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

So you fought your comrades while being funding by the Lyrans?

Yeah, I stand by my "puppets" comment.

We fought those who have kept our people under their thumb for generations, for centuries, yes. In fact, your own nation helped us destroy the 22nd when they turned ronin. So we both fought those same "comrades".

Yes, a buffer state helps the Lyrans, but it also helps Kurita. There is no denying that being able to shift your focus towards the Davion front has helped, as evident in the war of '39.

Us? We are puppets of no one. Perhaps our actions benefited the Commonwealth for a time, but it benefited us more, as evident by our Free Republic. The enemy of my enemy and all that. We will fight any aggressors, be they pirate, mercenary, Lyran or Kurita. Though, I will always have a special delight in taking down any Snakes I can come across.

(OOC: Thanks! We're coming along quite nicely so far, already passed company strength! ^_^)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users