13 replies to this topic

#1 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 May 2019 - 07:58 PM

I bought the Warhawk Nanuq from the Dropship sale. The other mechs I bought with it (Jaguar, UV and Boiler) I had no problems making builds. But the Warhawk is the one I'm undecided, even where to start.

I thought I'd change it completely and try the quad ERPPC on it but without the quirks from the other variant, it's just going to be average at best dealing 20+20 damage in staggered shots while running crazy hot. The default loadout works well with its quirks and I'm ok with dual UAC10 and 3 ERML but I feel like LL or something would be better. There's also the point of going big on the missile like ATM 12 or LRM 20 but that's just 1 missile pod.

Any recommendations?

#2 SeventhSL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 May 2019 - 09:20 PM

I run a pure Nanuq with 2xUAC10 in the right arm and 2xHLL and a ERML in the left. Does really well.

#3 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 10 May 2019 - 09:28 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 10 May 2019 - 07:58 PM, said:

Any recommendations?

2xUAC10 / 1xUAC5

It's legit with the jam quirk. You can also UAC20/10 it... But then it's no different to the base WHK.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:02 PM

the nanuq is really the warhawk that wanted to be a direwolf. its not really a good variant for ppc face melting.

#5 z3a1ot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 12:33 AM

#6 W31rdWarrior

• PipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 93 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 May 2019 - 04:47 AM

This is my Nanuq build, a little hot but very effective

Posted Image

Edited by W31rdWarrior, 11 May 2019 - 04:47 AM.

#7 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 11 May 2019 - 05:06 AM

i used to use 2xUAC10 warhawk before clan mechs even had hero options, so nanuq is pretty good out the gate just replace the LRM for a SRM6/SSRM6 or a Tac4 comp and more ammo - protect your right side at all costs.

#8 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 06:36 AM

Clan ER PPCs do 15 damage, 10 pinpoint and 5 splash, so technicaly it's 30+30 Posted Image

My personal build is WHK-C
A?4L<:V1|lB|TRp21LG7|EC|0S|l^|l^q212K7re0YG7|lB|hB|TR|TRsh0]G7|lB|0C|0Ctg06K7ug07K7v900K7w606060

2 LPL, 3 ERML, 1 Gauss Rifle (3t ammo), AMS (1t ammo), 2 extra Double Heat Sinks.
It does really really well and it is very comfortable to play as well as having good heat managment. And I didn't even invest into Heat Gen yet haha, I will be skipping Operations tree completely, gonna go for Mobility tree.

Edited by Acersecomic, 11 May 2019 - 09:51 AM.

#9 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 11 May 2019 - 08:16 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. I'll try 'em all in the testing grounds and see which I'm comfortable with. I have a lot of mechs to level up right now so, I'll take it slow with this one.

#10 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 08:20 AM

I like the 'brawl-hawk' from way-back-then. you don't need the hero for it, but it's fun and still great in S7, imo.

2 uAC10 in the arms, 2srm6a. rest is armor, heatsinks and ammo. with the correct arms/torsi (no idea where the quirks are atm), it rarely jams, and heat ist quite managable in a brawl, still.
mind you its BY FAR not the best 85t there is, let alone for QP or faction. but still fun, and a warhawk-build.. :)

#11 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:41 AM

Before the dark ages of ATM LURM nerf, I ran a Warhawk with LRM70+4 Medium lasers.. was one of the better LRM boats..

Nowadays.. I don't know.. haven't touched it in a while..

#12 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:14 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 15 May 2019 - 02:41 AM, said:

Before the dark ages of ATM/LRM nerf, I ran a Warhawk with LRMs.
Color me shocked.

#13 Magical Bacon

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:34 AM

It's an odd build but using the right -B arm you can set it up with 6 ER-LL. Kinda have to put each arm in individual groups with chain-fire but firing each group at the same time and you fire two lasers at a time. Once you get the timing right you can burn through those 6 lasers fairly quickly.

It's faster and more agile than the Supernova so you won't get left behind in the nascar and you can more easily re-position to make use of that 800m range. Also the B arm gives you a lower actuator so you can better track lights if they come after you.

#14 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:20 PM

I looked at the Omnipods and

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 10 May 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

2xUAC10 / 1xUAC5

It's legit with the jam quirk. You can also UAC20/10 it... But then it's no different to the base WHK.

With Warhawk A RA and B LA, I get 21 armour for each arm instead of structure and also quirks like Ballistic Cooldown and Velocity along with all the previous ones but each has 1 ballistic hardpoint. So, I'd have to 2 UAC10 and an ERPPC maybe like the Sun Spider Vanguard while not being as brittle. I'm guessing that those extra quirks aren't worth the loss of an UAC5 to an ERPPC? 'Cause ERPPC have longer cooldown and more heat while doing 10 PP + 5 splash damage whereas UAC5 can do 20 damage in the same time frame while benefiting from the Jam Chance quirk.

I sort of get the feeling that I'm answering my own question here but I'm still way unsure about this. 2 UAC 10 + ERPPC burst damage with less Jam Chance, better Cooldown and Ballistic Velocity quirks and stick an AMS in there to get better use out of it or just go with 2 UAC 10 + UAC 5 for dps and sacrifice 5% cooldown and 10% Ballistic velocity while making full use of the Jam chance reduction.

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 11 May 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

I like the 'brawl-hawk' from way-back-then. you don't need the hero for it, but it's fun and still great in S7, imo. 2 uAC10 in the arms, 2srm6a. rest is armor, heatsinks and ammo. with the correct arms/torsi (no idea where the quirks are atm), it rarely jams, and heat ist quite managable in a brawl, still. mind you its BY FAR not the best 85t there is, let alone for QP or faction. but still fun, and a warhawk-build.. :)

I get very little time to play MWO during the weekdays and sometimes on the weekends as well. With the way the games are being played out now, I don't want to brawl in anything running under 80kph. I have no idea about Solaris 'cause one time I played there, I used a Trial Bushwhacker and I was up against a Banshee that took out my side torso in one go while I only did 70 damage to it. So, I might try it at a later date but for now, to level up, I want to make the experience as smooth as possible. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users