El Bandito Needs The Mwo Community Support

66 replies to this topic

#41 Ambush Schmitt

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:37 AM

Hi folks....update - Bandito has spoken with his bank and apparently his bank will not be charging him HOWEVER, if the funds are required to be transferred through various banks to get to Mongolia, they may have charges. My bank has indicated it can take up to a week for the funds to arrive to Bandito. I'll continue to keep every one posted on my progress......A

#42 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:24 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 13 May 2019 - 10:43 PM, said:

It would go a long way if El Bandito confirmed this himself, and added an account number.. Direct bank transfer is usually safest..

A guy with 3 posts asking for money for another player, don't get me wrong.. but we don't know you..

You might as well be a Nigerian prince.. Posted Image

If not tho, then I'm really sorry for El Bandito's daughter..

Ambush and Greystoke are ex CWI, I thought you were as well
Maybe it was another Vellron

#43 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:42 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 May 2019 - 03:42 AM, said:

View PostAmbush Schmitt, on 15 May 2019 - 08:56 PM, said:

XOOM (owned by PayPal) might be an option if El Bandito lives in or can easily go to Ulaanbaatar. Cash pickup is via:

Blue Diamond Co Ltd
Kamin Gallery Bldg 3rd floor no 22
Baga Toiruu 46 Sukhbaatar Dist
Ulaanbaatar

We use the former regularly but know absolutely nothing about the latter.

Edited by Mystere, 16 May 2019 - 03:51 PM.

#44 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:05 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 16 May 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

Ambush and Greystoke are ex CWI, I thought you were as well
Maybe it was another Vellron

I am ex CWI, but still.. it was a big unit, and a lot of people filtered through.. I don't know everyone personally.. and also, there have been many versions of "CWI" through the years.. people changed alot..

#45 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 17 May 2019 - 01:21 AM

ElBandito, we don't know each other personally but have crossed pathes in-game plenty of times and as a father myself, my heart goes out to you. I hope your daughter makes a speedy and full recovery, I'm sure knowing that Daddy is there to look after her will be a great boost.

I wish I could help financially but at present it is just not an option for me, however I will try and spread the word around.

#46 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:38 AM

El Bandito,

Terrible news, although I'm glad to hear your daughter is recovering. My sympathies and best wishes for you and yours, brotha!

#47 GoatHILL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 399 posts
  • LocationA dark corner

Posted 18 May 2019 - 09:02 AM

How do I help?

#48 Ambush Schmitt

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 11:55 AM

Hi folks....Bandito has confirmed with bank that the "trial" send, which I completed earlier this week, will hopefully arrive on Monday as it can take up to 5 days to travel across the world (we truly need a Fire Moth with M.A.S.K.). Once I have confirmed the funds have arrived, likely the best way to send the funds is either the person can send directly to @El Bandito account or they can send the funds to me (PayPal or e-transfer) and then I'll bundle the funds and send them from my account (cost is only $13.50). I'll keep everyone posted and thanks so much for the support!

#49 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 18 May 2019 - 03:51 PM

View PostAmbush Schmitt, on 16 May 2019 - 11:37 AM, said:

Hi folks....update - Bandito has spoken with his bank and apparently his bank will not be charging him HOWEVER, if the funds are required to be transferred through various banks to get to Mongolia, they may have charges. My bank has indicated it can take up to a week for the funds to arrive to Bandito. I'll continue to keep every one posted on my progress......A

PM'd you, in case the notification doesn't show - the site is rather good at hiding them.

#50 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 07:10 PM

i went through a huge medical think 20+years ago... it can and will get better. (i hope) My best wishes to you, a very good friend to the MWO community.

#51 Shanrak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:12 PM

View PostGoatHILL, on 18 May 2019 - 09:02 AM, said:

How do I help?

Ambush is organizing efforts send her a pm if you are interested.

#52 Ambush Schmitt

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:40 PM

Hi folks,
Well the funds finally landed in Mongolia late last night. Of the original $100 Canadian/$72 US funds, $42.87 transferred into @El Bandito’s bank account. I just had a grand chat with “Melissa”, with the Royal Bank of Canada, and she confirmed the ~$30 is pretty standard as a “flat fee” to send funds and that she has never known that banks charge a percentage. Given this I do believe we are good to go. There are a couple of options, people can e-transfer to me or they can send the funds via PayPal. My email address is a.ward@shaw.ca I’ll provide an overall accounting of the funds received (without mentioning who sent what amount) along with updates.

I have heard from many people that they want to send their best wishes to @El Bandito and his family however do not have the funds to do so. In the event you have funds for a post card, depicting your country, I encourage you to send it as then his son and daughter can see where El Bandito’s friends are from around the world. For those of you who are contributing funds, I can include the country of origin on pm to El Bandito and he can show them on a world map – the address to send cards to will be posted.

By way of update on El Bandito’s daughter, she may still require surgery to her skull/brain HOWEVER, she is now able to stand which is pretty awesome. Some MS members have queried if she does require surgery if travel to another country is an option as El Bandito has confirmed that “Mongolia is not the place for that type of procedure”. I’ve sent off a pm to find out if travel is an option however during the interim, please let me know if anyone has questions.

Thanks so very much! - A

Edited by Ambush Schmitt, 21 May 2019 - 01:16 PM.

#53 Half Ear

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:37 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 15 May 2019 - 10:19 PM, said:

There is Moneygram which is also available in Mongolia. From Canada max $990 CAD with a $5 fee. Sent either in US Dollar or Euro.

Looking into moneygram based on this post, wouldn't this be more feasible, cost effective?

$100 CAD = $73.73 USD with a $5 fee.
$500 CAD = $368.66 USD with $5 fee.
max each time $990 CAD

https://secure.money.../ca/en/estimate

#54 mr bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:36 PM

Ambush,
Thanks for doing the onerous work of collecting the funds for El Bandito. I've tossed in something into the pot for him.

Cheers

#55 Ambush Schmitt

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:26 PM

Hi folks: For those of you who would like to send post-cards/parcel (remember he has a 6.5 year old son so if a parcel arrives it would be nice if the contents can be shared...his daughter is 2 years 10 months) his address is: Javkhlan Jandavsuren aka El Bandito's real name and address is: Sukhbaatar district, 2-r khoroo, Shine Tugul town B-30, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.

Hi Mr Bear......thanks so very much!

View PostHalf Ear, on 21 May 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

Looking into moneygram based on this post, wouldn't this be more feasible, cost effective?

$100 CAD = $73.73 USD with a $5 fee.
$500 CAD = $368.66 USD with $5 fee.
max each time $990 CAD

https://secure.money.../ca/en/estimate

Thanks! more and more options....checking them all - currently working on Western Union and Xoom - A

#56 Ambush Schmitt

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:44 PM

Hi folks....Xoom is out as they don't accept funds from my city in Canada......hmmmmm red flag?!

#57 Ambush Schmitt

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:35 PM

Western Union is a "maybe" as I'm being advised online that the costs are anywhere from $12 - $55 so I'm going to go into our local Walmart as that is the only way to confirm noting the online options are more.

#58 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 25 May 2019 - 03:56 AM

I'll try to do what I can.

God speed and best wishes to the Lil Bandito!

#59 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:49 PM

This is not the kind of thing I want to see when I come back from a long break. El Bandito I pray you and your family stay strong and get through all of this. I saddly am in the middle of buying my first house so I am not sure if I have anything I can spare right now beyond my sincere wish things work out for your family.

#60 Alexandros

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 153 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:28 PM

Posted Image I wish a fast recovery for Bandito's daughter. Posted Image

Edited by Alexandros, 26 May 2019 - 11:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users