#41 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:21 PM

View PostSigmar Sich, on 16 May 2019 - 04:34 AM, said:

I had absolutely the same impression. The wording is very disturbing.

On the bright side, i doubt PGI wants any bad news before MW5 launch, and right after the CW update for MWO.

UPD: From Russ' twitter:
Posted Image
Much more positive wording.

I think it will be an after patch hype, to return retired players.

Someone commented as much on that twitter feed and Russ said "Nah" so I wouldn't be too worried. (As in they thought it sounded ominous and Russ said nope)

Edited by TheArisen, 17 May 2019 - 05:22 PM.

#42 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:59 PM

View PostToxicresidue, on 17 May 2019 - 09:26 AM, said:

no more mech packs and they are losing the pacific server
and a team of snowflakes to finish neutering the clan mechs
there is a tasty conspiracy theory for ya.

Well last time the oceanic guys played on the NA server anyway didn't they, honestly 90% of my games were on the NA server and i'm down under, so it's not like i wouldn't be used to the ping, actually i'm pretty used to the ping being a bit high.

Well they can take a break from mech packs anyway, i've got so many mechs that need skills.

PLUS, I paid for the MW5 thingy and i want it to be the best it can be so i'm more than willing to cut them some slack as a johnny come lately mwo'er.

#43 No One Lives Forever

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 02:14 AM

View PostxSONOHx, on 17 May 2019 - 04:51 PM, said:

"All MechWarrior Online content will be delivered in the form of MechWarrior Online Redemption Keys. Your MWO content is "delivered" through your MW5 Preorder account Profile page. You will be given 3 Redeem Keys for MWO. " All codes are active now! Was four codes for me.

Yes, but when the actual mechs will be delivered?

#44 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 18 May 2019 - 02:38 AM

View PostNo One Lives Forever, on 18 May 2019 - 02:14 AM, said:

Yes, but when the actual mechs will be delivered?

May 21st patch

#45 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 18 May 2019 - 04:22 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 17 May 2019 - 05:21 PM, said:

Someone commented as much on that twitter feed and Russ said "Nah" so I wouldn't be too worried. (As in they thought it sounded ominous and Russ said nope)

Of course he was going to say nope.

no company ever says yup it's bad news letting half the staff go, it's really bad management.

but I don't see anything in Russ's comment worth worrying about , to start with.

#46 shaytalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 271 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 05:59 PM

What's MWOC?

#47 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 06:16 PM

View Postshaytalis, on 19 May 2019 - 05:59 PM, said:

What's MWOC?

Think you mean MWOWC - if so MechWarrior Online World Championship - comp event with the finals at MechCon

#48 Lizardman from Hollywood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:12 PM

I'm pretty positive that the announcement will be no new development on MWO until after MW5 launches and things get settled. I'm sure they are scrambling around getting all the last minute details done on MW5. Continued development of MWO will probably be very dependant on the success of MW5 sales. Tbh I'm not sure how sales did but I know a lot of long time MWO guys that haven't bought in yet and are waiting on launch. They put some pretty harsh refund restrictions in the preorder and that kinda came off as a weak stance on their views about the success of both the game and launching on schedule. Keeping my fingers crossed but if 5 years with PGI has taught me anything its go in with no expectation and be pleasantly surprised with any good outcome.

#49 RakiaTime

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:23 AM

im expecting timeline advancement, new equipment and a massive Blakist mech pack

#50 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 20 May 2019 - 11:41 PM

View PostRakia Time, on 20 May 2019 - 08:23 AM, said:

im expecting timeline advancement, new equipment and a massive Blakist mech pack

Since PGI continues to "balance" forces by tonnage (FP) or weight classes (QP), adding even more equipment would screw over any resemblance of balance MWO still has.

So, maybe?

#51 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:12 AM

View PostBuenaventura, on 20 May 2019 - 11:41 PM, said:

Since PGI continues to "balance" forces by tonnage (FP) or weight classes (QP), adding even more equipment would screw over any resemblance of balance MWO still has.

So, maybe?

yea, if they wuld bring new equipment, we would have the same "doctoring around" for a long time again. Just nope. I can work woth what we already have

#52 TinFoilHat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:35 AM

Would I be hoping too much for some sort of discussion to be had during this about what’s gone wrong with the FP update in the latest patch and what’s going to be done to fix it?

#53 BrotherEJ

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:51 AM

Of course the big news top hats and dancing mechs

#54 shaytalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 02:40 PM

View PostCycKath, on 19 May 2019 - 06:16 PM, said:

Think you mean MWOWC - if so MechWarrior Online World Championship - comp event with the finals at MechCon

I was quoting Russ' twitter post so I guess he meant MWOWC?

#55 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:57 AM

I bet it will be again a lot of warm Air Blah and nothing real new or important / necesassary in the sense of us long time loyal MWO players as usual

Edited by Mighty Spike, 24 May 2019 - 11:58 AM.

#56 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:07 PM

View PostAvalon91211, on 16 May 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

Why the hell do people still want that crappy firemoth. Its worthless in the current state of the game, hell its worthless in TT as well. High mounted hardpoints are equally as worthless because the meta is useless. I say play how you want with what mech you want.

Also Crusader is a no-go without hardpoint relocation, and Stone Rhino won't have a single barrel for 2 Gauss Rifles, not only is that feasible its also not practical or realistic in or out of the game. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news there.

I just want to see the Firemoth, so we can recreate the MW2 Clan traning missions, also it would be the Clan Flea. Also, they could easily just put the Crusader's leg-mounted missiles in the L /R torsos and I don't think anyone would cry too much. They could even put the hardpoints really low on the torsos so they look like the missiles are hip-mounted and that would be pretty close (even though those would be garbage hardpoints for MWO, unless you put streaks there).

#57 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:36 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 24 May 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

I just want to see the Firemoth, so we can recreate the MW2 Clan traning missions, also it would be the Clan Flea. Also, they could easily just put the Crusader's leg-mounted missiles in the L /R torsos and I don't think anyone would cry too much. They could even put the hardpoints really low on the torsos so they look like the missiles are hip-mounted and that would be pretty close (even though those would be garbage hardpoints for MWO, unless you put streaks there).

We already have multiple instances of MWO mechs moving leg weapons to the torsos. The Crusader has no issues other than mediocrity.

#58 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:37 PM

Oh well, guess we wait some more :(

#59 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:43 PM

That shows a good commitment to MWO to delay a speech after a patch needed a hot fix.

#60 theplayerx4734

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:45 PM

Why do you guys need Bombadil to be there? Isnt he just community manager/outreach? So whats the point? Could you at least just give us the info in text format?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users