137 replies to this topic

#61 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:51 PM

Due to unforseen Jump Ship delays, Bombadil won't be back in-system in time for the podcast this evening.

So you actually expect folks to believe that excuse, in light of the ongoing crisis with the patch?

And you don't actually have anybody else available on staff who can do the podcast, like Tina, Matt, or Chris?

Seems to me like this is a pivotal moment in the game's survival and you're blowing it off through the Memorial Day weekend and sometime into next week.

Seriously?

#62 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:00 PM

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 24 May 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

So you actually expect folks to believe that excuse, in light of the ongoing crisis with the patch?

And you don't actually have anybody else available on staff who can do the podcast, like Tina, Matt, or Chris?

Seems to me like this is a pivotal moment in the game's survival and you're blowing it off through the Memorial Day weekend and sometime into next week.

Seriously?

Oooh, easy on the conspiracy juice there chief.

It's long weekend for the guys there, sometimes things don't work out perfectly.

Make some tea, take a deep breath and play some stompy robots. It'll all be ok.

Besides, from the tweet it doesn't sound like anything is quite on fire

#63 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:03 PM

View PostForceUser, on 24 May 2019 - 02:00 PM, said:

Besides, from the tweet it doesn't sound like anything is quite on fire

Except that the group queues in FP and QP are nearly dead, and my 5-year old loyalist unit has lost its longtime affiliation with the Free Worlds League, which is a pretty friggin' big deal for us.

#64 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:12 PM

Can we get a written update for the announcements and pre-scripted Q&A's you've been prepping since April?

Bombadil's livestream can be for the follow up Q&A's from the community.

#65 RakiaTime

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:13 PM

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 24 May 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

Seriously?

considering that it was supposed to be on NGNG no, it cant be done by Tina, Matt or Chris, its either Bombadil or they have to hunt down Phil

#66 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:17 PM

Daeron is just an all around better person to do this as he knows better what the community wants to hear about.
We're to close to the subject to conduct a proper interview. Hope this makes sense!

#67 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:32 PM

Posted Image

#68 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:45 PM

Riiiiiiiight Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Serial Number, 24 May 2019 - 02:46 PM.

#69 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,189 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:47 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 24 May 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

Daeron is just an all around better person to do this as he knows better what the community wants to hear about.
We're to close to the subject to conduct a proper interview. Hope this makes sense!

Bit of an "ouch" there to Phil XD

#70 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:51 PM

i would have thought this was the perfect time to reach out to the paying players and inspire some confidence?

PGI just be honest and straight up, not everyone will like what you have to say but we will hopefully be able to respect what you are saying if you are being honest and not frivolous.

stalling is unimpressive...

#71 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:12 PM

Not cool.

It's been way too long, and I don't care about excuses anymore. I cleared my evening for this, others have too and we get nothing but disappointment and anxiety. You stopped taking our money and I'd like to know why because I do care about your damn game. And yeah, you've gotten a lot of money from me over the years and I'm deeply worried about where MWO as a service is headed.

And if your fans and customers worries, goodwill and MONEY are more important than one podcaster, something is wrong. It'll be another weekend full of fear for my favorite game. Thanks a lot for that. I hope Bombadil feels important right now.

#72 The Clappalacian

• PipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 38 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, USA

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:19 PM

I kinda have to agree this is a bit ill-timed. And specifically needing Daeron for this kinda feels like "I
Use the super nice guy to break bad news because people cant be mad at him"

I'm not in a full panic, I still have hope it's all paranoia, but the panic increases with the delay.
Hoping for some good news.

#73 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:37 PM

PGI people understand that since 2015 your staff have been abandoning the ship that was MWO to board the new shiny MW5 train.

people know that no one on the team besides the artists want to be even close to anything MWO related with regards to it's messy and mysterious code (written by someone who isn't there anymore) and awful and patched together undocumented game engine.

Yet people still care and play the only PvP mechwarrior game, even with all the frustration, rage and desire to suicide that it causes due to it's half baked features (Horrendous PSR system and matchmaking, Alpha-version level UI functionality, choke-point simulator a.k.a Faction play, Same game modes since closed beta, map designs with absolute disregard for gameplay, etc.)

People care!

When you cancel something that has been hyped for weeks, only hours before it happens, without even setting a new date, you show that you don't care.
lol... and it is not even in a new post... it's a title edit to the weeks old post, hoping people don't notice. You know, the same people who are going to tune in on time to find out that they have cleared their schedule for NOTHING!!!

You say it's because Daeron missed a flight.
FINE!

I'll take a simple forum post... I'll take 10 tweets... A reddit post.... ANYTHINIG.

We are far past fanfare, hype trains, teasing, etc... Just post the information here and be done with it.

Edited by Navid A1, 24 May 2019 - 03:45 PM.

#74 General Pete

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 123 posts
  • Locationny usa

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:47 PM

ARC ROYALE WITH CHEESE

#75 -Spectre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:54 PM

View PostFupDup, on 24 May 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

We already have multiple instances of MWO mechs moving leg weapons to the torsos. The Crusader has no issues other than mediocrity.

Which ones? I am not aware of any, but that is a lot of mechs to comb through and verify, so I may have missed one or two.

#76 Temper Fire

Rookie

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:00 PM

This is very disappointing... I really wanted to see this stream and had to do a lot of planning to watch it, and we're only finding out the day of without a real excuse? The only thing we get told is "Someone couldn't make it"? I'll likely not even be able to catch the stream at all now because my plans are already set for the next week. If there was some sort of serious issue like family emergency or something I get it. But this is way too last minute, only hours from it starting and with what I find a jokey excuse to cover it.

#77 xUnbreakablex

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 24 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:03 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 24 May 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

If you need someone to conduct an interview I cant think of anyone better then myself at Unbreakable Raids Twitch. I will compile a list of the top community questions and deliver a no holds barred interview to knock out those pressing issues. I can have this done and ready within 24 hours. I await your response.

#78 TheFallOfTheReaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 339 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:05 PM

Joining the ROLL BACK FP, not the stab chris bandwagon though

#79 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:10 PM

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 24 May 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

Except that the group queues in FP and QP are nearly dead, and my 5-year old loyalist unit has lost its longtime affiliation with the Free Worlds League, which is a pretty friggin' big deal for us.

FWL has been dead for a long time, since Stingr4y took his break and the whole "Friday Night Fun Night" fiasco. Just go back to our old ways of drinking, smoking or whatever and just playing to have fun. And yes, I am a filthy Merc now, but that is how it goes. I too am a veteran of Wazan though, from back when FWL had some decent commanders.

Edited by Ed Steele, 24 May 2019 - 04:12 PM.

#80 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:16 PM

View Post-Spectre, on 24 May 2019 - 03:54 PM, said:

Which ones? I am not aware of any, but that is a lot of mechs to comb through and verify, so I may have missed one or two.

I had to look it up, the following were listed for having leg weapons in 3025:
Assassin ASN-101 (2x SL)
Cicada CDA-3C (2x MG)
Crusader CRD-3D/3K/3L/3R (2x SRM4 or SRM6)
Victor VTR-9A1 (2x MG)
Wasp WSP-1A/1D (SRM2/Flamer)

3 of those are already in MWO, but were quite rare in TT, so I only remembered Crusader and Wasp.

Edited by Buenaventura, 24 May 2019 - 04:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users