Patch Notes - 1.4.201.0 - 21-May-2019

184 replies to this topic

#161 Agyar30

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:02 AM

By the way am i the only one who thinks the bonus preorder mechs are miss quirked? Well the king crab is probably okay. However that poor cat with lbx quirk and marauder streak quirk... i always disliked weapon specific quirks because they are against build variety, but these subpar weapon quirks are just plain bad. For the Cat for example instead of the lbx quirk can't we just get a general ballistic cooldown to have something more versatile quirk wise? i don't think it would be a game breaker. :) It feels like these "gift" mechs are deliberately (miss) quirked like this which makes me a bit dissapointed about my "gifts".

#162 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:31 AM

FW update needs to be rolled back.

FW update needs to be rolled back.

#163 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:47 AM

WHY NO BUFFS FOR THE VPR-C?

#164 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:16 AM

View PostMechwarrior 37, on 24 May 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

WHY NO BUFFS FOR THE VPR-C?

Wrong thread for that. Also if you have the Medusa as well. Utilize the viper c, viper A shoulder bods, Medusa arm pods and do 6 small pulse and the rest in er micros. Your welcome
https://mech.nav-alp...#731787d8_VPR-C

Edited by Ragnar Baron Leiningen, 24 May 2019 - 09:23 AM.

#165 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:02 AM

Why is this the wrong thread?

Wow, buy the medusa and that takes CARE OF THE PRO....o wait, it does not do **** to help.

#166 Grottenolm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 300 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany / NRW

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:05 AM

Can someone give me a quick summary of the problems you have with the Patch. I see some details but the shitstorm is bigger than the "long tom"-shitstorm.

#167 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:49 AM

View PostGrottenolm, on 25 May 2019 - 01:05 AM, said:

Can someone give me a quick summary of the problems you have with the Patch. I see some details but the shitstorm is bigger than the "long tom"-shitstorm.

Main point of critique is FP.

There were some PTS for FP improvements.

It should do several adjustments to make FP great again.

- more lore (reasons for fight etc)
- more immersion (faction feeling)
- better Matchmaker
- reasons for loyalists to be loyal (rewards, special stuff)
- help beginners for grouping up
- avoid premade stomps as good as possible (or put the right teams together: premade vs premade / pugs vs pugs)
- several QoL improvements

(list not complete, but overview)

Result:

Some things seem to be interesting and well planned:
- MM could work (if population is enough)
- new lore /immersion elements not bad
- group chat possible while searching
- lore based events are nice (although unlucky executed)

Major shitstorm reasons:
- they totally failed to give loyalists good stuff (it even got worse) -> Loyalist has no meaning/sense anymore
- several factions are excluded from event play
- you cant switch side until events end (so for several days) -> no chance to adjust population for players
- Units are not anymore because of event based faction choosing (your unit mate can be on other side)
- no Leaderboards anymore (for players and units)
- LP progress problems

Additionally:
- bugs with patch (drop deck tonnage bug)

Well there are more points, maybe another person can add things which are not coming into my mind at the moment.

#168 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:15 PM

I dont know if you figured this out but they are having maps reset alot quicker so the 3050 map we get to play for like 1-2 weeks then it resets to another story event like Kurita vs Smoke Jaguar or something in 3057 etc... So what ever you did in the event means nothing and will get reset and also you will have to go from say FRR to Kurita because they force you to become them for the event.

*sigh*
If you picked freelancers you get +5% xp
If you picked Merc you get +5% C-bills
If you picked Loyalist you get points I guess in what faction is playing because you cant pick one you like. Going to take a LONG time to get loyalty points now if you want it for as they change all the time...

I think I have this right if not let me know

#169 Aufelir

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:28 PM

View PostPure NZ, on 22 May 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

The participation will not change despite of any "queue balancing".
These are the stats:
Current active players: 39,338
Current retired players: 227,539
https://leaderboard....ats#playerchart
Despite of 39K players the PGI can not collect 12v12 players in the Faction Play.
Maybe, you do something wrong. Maybe.
It is what you have to thinking on.

There are nowhere near 30K+ players anymore, those stats are super outdated. At peak times, there may be around 1,000 active players on a regular basis and even that number is old.

#170 Pure_NZ

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts
  • LocationHuntress - Pahn City (X:Y Coordinates: 49.19:1,756.45)

Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:44 PM

View PostAufelir, on 25 May 2019 - 06:28 PM, said:

There are nowhere near 30K+ players anymore, those stats are super outdated. At peak times, there may be around 1,000 active players on a regular basis and even that number is old.

Yes, you are right.
But, the site does not state what the "active" means. Maybe a user is considered active despite of a log-in and log-out once in 4 years.
The data is are up to date about the players, just check your stats.
It will worth to see what it would show us after 1 year. How many active players will be counted?
And 7 Billion people vs 1.000 Players(less pilots).
Come on, PGI, let's do it! It is your glory. Why don't you pride this?

Edited by Pure NZ, 25 May 2019 - 07:44 PM.

#171 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 01:28 AM

The Jarl's list is not outdated. It pulls it's numbers directly from PGI data. Every account with at least 10 games per month played is counted as active.

#172 IronEleven

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 05:14 AM

View PostAgyar30, on 23 May 2019 - 09:02 AM, said:

By the way am i the only one who thinks the bonus preorder mechs are miss quirked? Well the king crab is probably okay. However that poor cat with lbx quirk and marauder streak quirk... i always disliked weapon specific quirks because they are against build variety, but these subpar weapon quirks are just plain bad. For the Cat for example instead of the lbx quirk can't we just get a general ballistic cooldown to have something more versatile quirk wise? i don't think it would be a game breaker. Posted Image It feels like these "gift" mechs are deliberately (miss) quirked like this which makes me a bit dissapointed about my "gifts".

Honestly I'm just glad it's not an LB2 quirk.

#173 - Gryphon -

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 06:21 AM

The update lacks a red message in the lower right corner of the screen that people in the FP are required. Bring it back!

#174 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 26 May 2019 - 06:50 AM

View Post- Gryphon -, on 26 May 2019 - 06:21 AM, said:

The update lacks a red message in the lower right corner of the screen that people in the FP are required. Bring it back!

It's called a "call to arms popup". I think it's still in the game though, most people disable it because it's annoying.

#175 - Gryphon -

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:09 AM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 26 May 2019 - 06:50 AM, said:

It's called a "call to arms popup". I think it's still in the game though, most people disable it because it's annoying.

Not. You are not right. I did not turn off this window. It does not appear now after the update.

#176 Meldric Ward

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 159 posts
  • LocationTranquil

Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:41 AM

This idea of Faction Play is, seriously, a joke. [...]

Edited by Meldric Ward, 27 May 2019 - 11:13 AM.

#177 Davy J0nes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 139 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 07:08 AM

"TBT-LDG:
• Energy and Missile Cooldown quirks consolidated into a global Cooldown -10% quirk.
• SRM Heat Gen -10% quirk added. "

I suggest that badly needed CT armor quirk.
Or something really different and new add a SRM Range quirk
( not as good as MrM range but play around with something)

Why? help the treb into new roles using missiles since that is what it is meant to be good at.

Help it stand out and be able to stand toe to toe with other newer mechs, don't let the treb die.

Edited by Davy J0nes, 29 May 2019 - 07:10 AM.

#178 BEARDOOM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:59 AM

The queues and matchmaker have been replaced with a new single queue and matchmaker for both group and solo players.
Can you do this for QP?

#179 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 31 May 2019 - 04:07 AM

View PostBEARDOOM, on 31 May 2019 - 12:59 AM, said:

The queues and matchmaker have been replaced with a new single queue and matchmaker for both group and solo players.
Can you do this for QP?

And give premades the priority on drops like in FP? Sitting and waiting a minimum of 20 minutes a drop truly improves gameplay.

#180 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:12 AM

This constant changing of factions is beyond ridiculous.. further evidence that you don't play your own game.. otherwise you would know what a hassle and headache this is for units trying to keep members in the same faction.. and even for non-unit players because they also, like unit members, have to constantly keep changing out their drop decks .. for those that purchased additional decks, I can't even imagine the hassle it is to constantly have to change more than 4 decks almost each time there is a new 'phase.' Not to be rude, but, I don't believe anyone cares about the story line. I never read it.. I'm sure what players care about is to have a smooth experience with this game.. to be able drop into a faction match as quick and seamlessly as possible.. this patch is a step backwards in that regard.

Please fix this fiasco of a patch.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 31 May 2019 - 11:20 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users