184 replies to this topic

#61 AlphaPiAlpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:33 AM

I am mainly worried about this "FP BROKEN, WILL HOTFIX LATER"... What does that mean? Like some hours later? Days? Weeks? Only reasoable game mode left in MWO.... You will piss of many users if you keep it broken for too long...

Edited by Gartenlaube, 20 May 2019 - 06:33 AM.

#62 Hobbles v

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:47 AM

• Each Phase will contain an unfolding story, while also stating the duration, game mode and success condition.
This worries me. I dont want to be stuck in one game mode during a specific time.
This better not end up being Incursion from 8pm till midnight or something like that. Rotating game modes on a match by match basis should still be in place. I want to do:
Skirmish> Conquest > Seige> Conquest> Seige > Assault> Domination > Skirmish > Seige
A randomish assortment of modes in my liited time to play
Not
Conquest > Conquest >Conquest > Conquest > Conquest > Incursion > Incursion> Incursion> Incursion> Incursion

#63 Rizzi Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:40 AM

I miss the announcement of the MW-5 Preorder mechs they where adressed to be on this patch….or did i miss anything?
https://mwomercs.com...-mech-loadouts/

Edited by Rizzi Kell, 20 May 2019 - 01:00 PM.

#64 AlinonMo

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:26 AM

Just one question.

With 4k monitors becoming more and more common, when for the love of all that is good, are we going to get dynamic scaling on the UI?
I would like to play in 4k without needing a magnifying glass to see the mechlab! Or having to constantly switch the res back and forward for matches and UI.

#65 Hellfire666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 11:58 AM

I love how PGI is flat out lying to us in their patch notes and trying to pawn it off on some silly reason like server balance issues.

Give me a break. Triple HPPC is all I need to say to that.

40 pinpoint damage is not game breaking in this Heavy Gauss world. Let alone with all of the changes to LRMs and other lock on weapons.

But, But, But you might one shot a light with a King Crab!!!!

If your good enough to hit a Flea moving full speed with dual AC/20's on a friggin King Crab you damn well DESERVE that insta-kill!

If said Flea is standing still and get's one shotted then the dummy deserves it for being a perfect target.

It's not like Dual HGR's haven't been one shotting PIR's since launch or anything...

I honestly don't know why we bother complaining about it on here. PGI will never listen to any of it because it's a weapon that requires SKILL to use and not a lame lock on mechanic. We can't be having that after all.

#66 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 04:59 PM

I think the take away from this is that PGI giving reasoning and background for their decisions, and acknowledging feedback, is bad, and should be avoided. I mean, I like the insight and the idea they considered it myself, but looking at the whargarble above, overshadowing an otherwise good patch (broken faction play aside, but it sounds like they’re making good changes to it), it seems to upset a lot of people.

For my thoughts, people thinking HPPCs and HGauss are “better” aren’t thinking about the minimum range, charge up, heat or crit and engine issues that those weapons bring with them. As it is, with the new heat quirk you can dual fire the AC20s for near half the heat of triple HPPCs, and 25% faster before quirks. If you want to dual fire them, go for it. The heat change is significantly better for brawling set ups anyway, allowing far more damage output than the HSL change would, while not screwing over lights with fast firing, arm mounted pinpoint damage.

The only way you’d get the HSL+ quirk in would be to tone down the general ballistics quirks, which would it turn screw over non-double AC20 builds, and force everyone into a single niche build. I think they’ve made the right move here.

Edited by Maddermax, 20 May 2019 - 05:45 PM.

#67 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:55 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 20 May 2019 - 02:56 AM, said:

feels a little light to me. i mean balance is good gravy but without anything to put it on its kind of a crappy meal. at least give me a slice of white bread, then it would be fit for prison (prisoners should have to play mwo as part of their punishment, they would only get trial mechs though and would fill the role of bots).

they buffed one of my most deadly mech so that's cool. just not for the guys i use it on.

didn't mention the mw5 loyalty mech variants, i hope they didn't forget.

If they're going to make prisoners play this game as punishment and "bots", then they should play stock IS 'mechs (single heat sinks and all), not trial 'mechs. It adds to the lore, and adds to the punishment. :)

#68 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:03 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 20 May 2019 - 06:13 AM, said:

Do clans employ mercs?

Nope. So being a Merc for a clan (or a Freelancer, for that matter), is not lore-friendly in the least bit. Clans have loyalists, and that's it. If you're captured by another clan, they turn you into a loyalist for your new clan. A Freelancer and a Mercenary are basically the same thing: they work for money and want to retire, rich. Clanners want to die in combat without a penny to their name (but with a bloodname so they can be used to reproduce).

#69 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:07 PM

And as far as Jump Jets (I hope PGI comes back and reads this forum again), I have a solution I've been trying to push, but without much traction.

Since the issue with jump jets is poptarting, I say that the reticle-shake mechanic be converted from "whenever jump jets are on" to "whenever the 'mech is airborne". (This would also apply to 'mechs without jump-jets that fell off an edge).

That way, even after you apex and turn off the jump jets, you still can't get a clear shot, and with the new lockon 'mechanics (the reduced targetable area), it'll be extremely difficult to get a target lock with the reticle bouncing all over creation.

Once that's done, there's no harm in a Dire Wolf being able to jump to the top of the Crimson Strait Platform, because they can't shoot anything until they're back on solid ground, anyway. This also fits into the lore where a 'mech in flight is too busy navigating and preparing to stick the landing to spare computing power to line up the weapons, nor can the servo actuators move fast enough to compensate for flight drift while also keeping the 'mech balanced.

#70 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:54 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 20 May 2019 - 06:07 PM, said:

And as far as Jump Jets (I hope PGI comes back and reads this forum again), I have a solution I've been trying to push, but without much traction.

Since the issue with jump jets is poptarting, I say that the reticle-shake mechanic be converted from "whenever jump jets are on" to "whenever the 'mech is airborne". (This would also apply to 'mechs without jump-jets that fell off an edge).

That way, even after you apex and turn off the jump jets, you still can't get a clear shot, and with the new lockon 'mechanics (the reduced targetable area), it'll be extremely difficult to get a target lock with the reticle bouncing all over creation.

Once that's done, there's no harm in a Dire Wolf being able to jump to the top of the Crimson Strait Platform, because they can't shoot anything until they're back on solid ground, anyway. This also fits into the lore where a 'mech in flight is too busy navigating and preparing to stick the landing to spare computing power to line up the weapons, nor can the servo actuators move fast enough to compensate for flight drift while also keeping the 'mech balanced.

Except once you get a lock, you can do some pretty bad aiming and still keep that lock. You can get a lock, fire your missiles, shoot a laser at someone a full Mech-width away from your target, move back over your target, and keep your lock. Reticle shake isn't nearly as much as your aim is allowed to stray.

So unfortunately, getting a lock and then kicking in your jump jets would be just as effective as it previously was. It would even be more effective because jump jets won't suck.

Edited by Domenoth, 20 May 2019 - 07:21 PM.

#71 Xaius

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:10 PM

To all of you complaining that 40 pinpoint damage for 12 heat isn't overpowered:

Dual ac20 is significantly better than triple heavy ppc. (which was already problematic)
40 pinpoint damage is an instant headshot
and you can already friggin run dual ac20, just eat the damn ghost heat.

By reducing ac20 heat with quirks, eating the ghost heat is even easier, and you can already do it just fine before this patch.

#72 Alexandros

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 153 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:08 PM

Come on PGI , just give it on one variant. This mech was made to double ac 20. Encourage people use the assaults for BRAWLING instead of being turrets hitting from the edge of the map.

#73 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 20 May 2019 - 11:25 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 20 May 2019 - 06:07 PM, said:

While I like your idea, afair the weapons don't follow the wobling recticle, but shoot to where it would be if it weren't shaking.

#74 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,617 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:55 AM

View PostBennesto, on 21 May 2019 - 04:19 AM, said:

Jesus... sometimes I can only ask myself if such opinions like quoted just prove the fact, that those players even play less MWO than PGI balance team... :NotLikeThis:

Playing a lot doesn't mean some of those players will improve or understand how this game works.

#75 Yiryi-Sa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:47 AM

View PostXaius, on 20 May 2019 - 08:10 PM, said:

Dual ac20 is significantly better than triple heavy ppc. (which was already problematic)
40 pinpoint damage is an instant headshot
and you can already friggin run dual ac20, just eat the damn ghost heat.

There isn't any demonstrated significance on the power of dual AC20 without ghost heat over triple HPPCs. All players are asking is for the King Crab to have the ghost heat removed. Just one chassis. A damn 50-tonner has ghost heat removed for its Ultra-20s.

Edited by Yiryi-Sa, 21 May 2019 - 05:47 AM.

#76 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:56 AM

View PostYiryi-Sa, on 21 May 2019 - 05:47 AM, said:

There isn't any demonstrated significance on the power of dual AC20 without ghost heat over triple HPPCs. All players are asking is for the King Crab to have the ghost heat removed. Just one chassis. A damn 50-tonner has ghost heat removed for its Ultra-20s.

uh... look again...

#77 Yiryi-Sa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:09 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 21 May 2019 - 05:56 AM, said:

uh... look again...

Where?

#78 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:01 AM

since the introduction of the hsl quirk, several chassis' have been given the UAC20 HSL+1 to cater for their stock loadout. Naming from memory the Nightstar and the Supernova hero Boiler.

#79 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:11 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 21 May 2019 - 07:01 AM, said:

since the introduction of the hsl quirk, several chassis' have been given the UAC20 HSL+1 to cater for their stock loadout. Naming from memory the Nightstar and the Supernova hero Boiler.

playing devil's advocate here:

uac20 =/= ac20

there's a WORLD of a difference between those 2 weapon systems. uac will spread their damage, unless shutdown/derpy.
ac is pinpoint.

with that being said, I don't see the KC overperforming with such a quirk. and if, we could always roll it back via hotfix. pgi's "internal testing" goes against what everybody who actually plays that thing goes. so.. won't say more to that.

#80 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:40 AM

I prefere the 15% heat reduction (together with the 15% cooldown reduction) of the KGC over a HSL+1.
Because it helps more with single AC20 AND also gives quite a big boost for AC40 shots.
I don't want to use my Krabs only for AC40 and nothing else.

Looking at the changed numbers:
Comparing the 3x HPPS (without quirks), the AC20 (without quirks) and the new lower-heat quirk (with and without penalties):
Posted Image
I think saving ~ 7 heat (from 23 down to 16) is quite a good point where you can do this quite often.
It's about the heat of a SINGLE HPPC and it has less cooldown, not even comparing it to dual or tripple HPPC heat values here....

PS: 20% less heat on the AWS-8Q would give the HPPC the values of 11,6 / 23,2 / 34,8 so two are already hotter than the AC40 we have now on the KGC before the patch.

Remember, the whole idea of Heatscale is to reward player skill of single shots vs. the boating alpha strike style.

Edited by Reno Blade, 21 May 2019 - 07:43 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users