Patch Notes - 1.4.201.0 - 21-May-2019

184 replies to this topic

#21 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:26 PM

Yay! Florentine got a much needed buff! I tried to run it with a splat brawler build. But it just isn't tanky enough, nor can it really carry enough firepower. So I just ended up with 2xMRM30, which was adequate, but boring. Though that was before the AMS changes.

I'm glad to see PGI doing a wider round of quirk buffs. A lot of mechs could use some love. I hope they keep em coming!

15% more rewards across the board?! Noice.

Still curious to see what rewards loyalists will get to make it worth them sticking around.

#22 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:33 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 17 May 2019 - 10:26 PM, said:

Yay! Florentine got a much needed buff! I tried to run it with a splat brawler build. But it just isn't tanky enough, nor can it really carry enough firepower. So I just ended up with 2xMRM30, which was adequate, but boring. Though that was before the AMS changes.
I have run it with 2LB10 since the resistance heroes were released. The arms are painfully low, but thats a delightful amount of firepower.

#23 Smutty

• PipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 11:06 PM

The whole patch is super hot- Assault JJ buffs, Viper buffs, LDG and Derpwish buffs, even Catapult buffs for some-odd reason (I'm not complaining though). 15% more rewards to make an already tasty patch delectable. But then there's that KGC "buff" and it's just so glaringly awful I can't help but focus on it. It's like a lovely bed of flowers with a small yet very noticeable pile of cat vomit right in the middle.

But yeah otherwise 10/10 patch would play again

#24 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 May 2019 - 12:30 AM

Thanks for the patch, looking good!

FP Update, im looking forward to it!

Clanner got Armor quirks (again), please give them more. Their pilots still feel weak.

#25 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 12:46 AM

DWF-PRIME quirks. nice.

It can already one-shot a small moon, but I'll take it.

#26 FlynnTheAvatar

• PipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBad Homburg, Germany

Posted 18 May 2019 - 01:51 AM

No Dieron decal (https://mobile.twitt...9486209024?s=19)?

:(

#27 RakiaTime

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 02:57 AM

any idea when the hotfix will be?

#28 K4I 4LL4RD LI4O

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 03:19 AM

You really want to tell me dual Heavy Gauss is okay but a Mech that was specifically designed to fire two ac20s at the same time is not and would be to overpowered? Are you guys kidding me? I mean seriously everything with dual Heavy Gauss is far more scary than a dual ac20 King Crab will ever be.
For the rest of the Patch, good work guys and Thank you!!!

#29 Yiryi-Sa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 05:38 AM

View PostK4I 4LL4RD LI4O, on 18 May 2019 - 03:19 AM, said:

You really want to tell me dual Heavy Gauss is okay but a Mech that was specifically designed to fire two ac20s at the same time is not and would be to overpowered? Are you guys kidding me?

I came here just to type this... well done. Posted Image

Dual Heavy Gauss has a much higher velocity that makes up for its slow cooldown and charge up, so I really don't understand why PGI is so adamant about allowing Dual Heavy Gauss on nearly everything that can carry it, but not for allowing dual AC20. Then there's triple HPPCs...

Edited by Yiryi-Sa, 18 May 2019 - 05:39 AM.

#30 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 18 May 2019 - 05:49 AM

As someone who takes out the 2 Ac20 K2 I think the change to the King Crab is fine.

In the King Crab you can fire both together for a little less than 20 heat without quirks. And that's every 3.5 seconds with the -15% Ballistic cooldown. After 2 - 3 times you just back off to cool or chain fire.

3 HPPC's in the Awesome is 35 heat. Yes, duel Heavy Gauss does 50 damage, but it's 8 tons heavier, harder to use, fires slower, and can't be paired with Light Engines. Personally if it weren't for ghost heat I'd probably trade the 10 extra damage for more speed and a faster firing rate on most of my duel heavy gauss mechs (and probably on my duel LB20X mechs too).

As it is, a King Crab with 2 AC20's, a LFE 350, and a bunch of DHS's will be a scary thing! You can probably add MRM's, (ER)LL's, PPC's or LRM's by dropping down to a LFE325. Those mounts are all pretty high for hill peeking.

Of course the proof will be in the play. I'll be playing a 2 AC20 King Crab after the patch to see exactly how it does.

#31 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 18 May 2019 - 07:21 AM

Info on the quircks of the Bonus Mechs release 21.May?

#32 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 517 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 07:25 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 17 May 2019 - 05:21 PM, said:

Direwolf:
DWF-Prime
  • CT Omnipod Base Armor quirk increased to +12 (from 8)
  • LT Omnipod Heat -5% quirk added
  • RT Omnipod Heat -5% quirk added

DWF-S
  • So8 Torso Turn Rate +10% quirk added
  • S08 Missile Cooldown quirk increased to -10% (from -5%)

DWF-UV
  • LT Base Armor quirk increased to 12 (from 8)
  • RT Base Armor quirk increased to 12 (from 8)

DWF-W
  • LT Torso Turn rate 5% quirk added
  • RT Torso Turn rate 5% quirk added
  • So8 Missile Cooldown quirk increased to -15% (from -10%)

• So8 Torso Turn Rate 10% quirk removed (rolled over into the side torsos.)
  • So8 Ballistic Cooldown -10% quirk added.

Direwolf Design Notes: Although certain configurations of the Direwolf are very powerful with good positioning and team coordination and perform admirably in these roles with skilled players, we want to provide the chassis more customization options through the omnipod system to allow players who struggle with certain aspects of the 'Mechs performance a way that they can customize the Direwolf to suit their needs. Be it more heat sustainability, more general tankiness, or more responsive torso turn rates.

Please consider a CT-armor buff for the UV, also. if need be, I'm sure most of us will happily trade the
missile-hardpoint-we-don't-use-anyway for it.
currently, the 'smartest' way to use the UV is to NOT use it, but only it arms, on another CT.
It's a shame we pay real money for a 30% cbill boost and a shiny camo, which we both later on don't use, right? Posted Image

Edited by Captain Caveman DE, 18 May 2019 - 07:26 AM.

#33 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 May 2019 - 07:54 AM

These patch notes look good so far.

But: One thing I want to note regarding Jump jets:
-> Previously it was stated that the JJ should primarily provide agility for manouvering, rather than providing too much benefits for combat (e.g. poptarting and bunny hopping).
-> This had lead to the relatively weak JJ for heavies and Assaults especially (to prevent poptarting).

Now looking at Cooldown and Heat changes, I wonder if this would be better with a different change:
-> Increased thrust and duration (with high heat) could provide the lost agility, while the heat limits the spam and poptarting efficiency.

So instead of reducing heat and cooldown, i would increase both overall, but also increase the strength of JJ overall (more so for heavies and assaults) so that they can actually get up somewhere without gaining power for poptarting again.
Wouldn't that be more logical?

#34 LostEngineer

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 08:45 AM

Oh great, the old catapults are getting yet another buff. It's not like they're undersized, hard hitting, tough as nail mechs that are already way too overpowered and .... Wait .... (Checks inventory and realizes he owns 5 now).... Well done PGI, thanks fo r finally updating an underappreciate and venerable mech. You are awesome!

#35 Manei Domini Krigg

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,005 posts
  • Locationred team

Posted 18 May 2019 - 09:04 AM

No any good news for Nightstar?

Why Mad-9M ER Large Laser HSL+1 but not Large Laser family HSL+1?

Edited by Manei Domini Krigg, 18 May 2019 - 09:09 AM.

#36 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 10:04 AM

the KGC change is fine. HSL+1 does not make sense, it would allow the KGC to continuously fire AC40 without ever shutting down.

2xHG is not a valid argument, it has many drawbacks on top of the charge time and long cooldown, namely it does not allow for Light Engines, it's far more easily crit out than an AC20, and it explodes when critted out

3xHPPC is also not a valid argument, it generates massive amount of heat even with HSL+1 to compensate

That said, there are more valid arguments for having AC40 on KGCs

- Terrible hitbox. If needed, armor quirks can be reduced or removed

- Terrible weapon convergence

which makes a trial something worth trying. put it on production server for a week and see what happens

Edited by ImperialKnight, 18 May 2019 - 10:18 AM.

#37 roboPrancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 269 posts
  • LocationEh?

Posted 18 May 2019 - 10:22 AM

Viper buffs, nice!

#38 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 10:28 AM

View PostManei Domini Krigg, on 18 May 2019 - 09:04 AM, said:

No any good news for Nightstar?

Nope, and I've been attempting to engage Chris on that subject.

Why Mad-9M ER Large Laser HSL+1 but not Large Laser family HSL+1?

Where are you even seeing this? There is no MAD-9M in the game.

#39 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 10:34 AM

YEAH SURE 40 HIGHLY LIKELY NOT PINPOINT DAMAGE IN 270 M SOUNDS WAY TOO OP, RIGHT GUYS?

#40 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 11:17 AM

So no fix for the Grim Plexus issues posted !! 2 years !! ago... ?! :(

- https://mwomercs.com...istance-change/
- https://mwomercs.com...texture-glitch/

Come on... Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users