#301 BaronDeath

• PipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 45 posts
  • LocationOzark Highlands

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:19 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 24 May 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

World won't end today either way. Panic or anger driven decision making is far from ideal. Paul has said he's listened to the concerns and is talking and sorting stuff out.

While I'm exceptionally unenthused with the changes I can respect that there's no magic instant fix. I absolutely get and agree with the units who are deeply upset and feel like this was a personal shot at the core of what draws them to MWO and the franchise and such but we've got a long relationship with PGI and it doesn't seem unreasonable to just chill for a bit and see what comes of it. I do feel confident that the various concerns have been expressed and PGI listened. Doesn't mean they're going to give everyone what they want but taking a pause to see what comes of it seems fair.

Well said, and we are indeed going to give Paul and PGI time to apply the feedback and fine tune what we have now and I have always defended PGI's programming efforts as a software engineer myself against total pathos. My response above Ragnar, was not emotional, it was a logical view of the financial commitment we have all sunk into this game, and that not everyone who spends money here is or will be a world champ. I have profusely enjoyed everyone's time in this game whether battling with or against you. As a constructive point, and something that should be shared with all those who built around Loyalty, I have spent an unusual amount of time this week explaining to many Loyalty can still be maintained, but in the broad context of CLAN vs IS and there are some positive aspects to that. Ghost Bear was uniquely affected in that our tag by default is now Rasalhague. Since we were loyalists to Ghost Bear, we mostly have clan mechs and the desire for many who want to have fun with this game. Looking forward to the challenges ahead.

#302 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:52 AM

World won't end today either way. Panic or anger driven decision making is far from ideal. Paul has said he's listened to the concerns and is talking and sorting stuff out.

While I'm exceptionally unenthused with the changes I can respect that there's no magic instant fix. I absolutely get and agree with the units who are deeply upset and feel like this was a personal shot at the core of what draws them to MWO and the franchise and such but we've got a long relationship with PGI and it doesn't seem unreasonable to just chill for a bit and see what comes of it. I do feel confident that the various concerns have been expressed and PGI listened. Doesn't mean they're going to give everyone what they want but taking a pause to see what comes of it seems fair.

We've seen worse.

Still, you'd hope that simply making the mode playable would be a priority. With the frontloading of small groups again, solo players are discouraged by watching group after group drop before finally getting one themselves. Not to mention the exodus to QP has already overloaded it's already feeble matchmaker.

Here's to hoping it won't take too long to fix.

#303 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:14 AM

At least you did 1 good thing this patch and made last 3rd phase full 1 day of Siege only <3

#304 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:23 AM

View PostSerial Number, on 24 May 2019 - 11:14 AM, said:

At least you did 1 good thing this patch and made last 3rd phase full 1 day of Siege only <3

It would have been pretty tone deaf to put incursion LOL

#305 SirMad

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:32 AM

WHAT A DUMPSTER FIRE.

its friday night, we had up to 12 people online to play some mwo...
what did we do:
tried 45 min to get a FP game -> no match
tried 45 min to get a QP game as group -> no match
tried some single player sync drops
gave up.

roll back ASAP before the damage is too big!

#306 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:38 AM

View PostSirMad, on 24 May 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

roll back ASAP before the damage is too big!

I don't know if the total FP numbers reflect this but my FL is about half of normal already.

#307 -Spectre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:07 PM

The world won't end, but Community Warfare has ended. There is nothing community about it at this point. If they roll back the patch, it will save CW from becoming nothing but a footnote. I have heard that a rollback is not possible because of the way the programming works, and the argument he presented for this claim made a bit of sense, but if that is the case, why hasn't PGI come out and said that it is impossible, given that almost the entire community is asking, in as many words, for the patch to be rolled back.

We do have a long relationship with PGI, but it has not been a relationship to reference. In my experience the last 3.5 years in the games and on the forums, it has always been the bulk of the player base fighting against what PGI wants to do with the game, and then reluctantly adapting when PGI forces it on us. This is not a change that I want to see people acquiesce to. This is taking away the sole reason to play for a large part of the core player base, and if we don't stand here, the dumpster fire will spread past the dumpster and engulf the whole city. PGI, please. Abandon the dumpster (this patch) and save the city (the game and the community).

I have said plenty of things in this thread, and a lot of others have, as well, and I see no logical way that the community has not made its desires clear, so at this point I am happy to wait and see what PGI plans to do.

But be warned, PGI: we are still angry, and if whatever you do to fix this doesn't do some serious fixing, the anger will come right back.

#308 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:16 PM

Don't forget tonight is the Developer Update with Russ on NGNGtv.
Bring your popcorn, I look forward to news on, and I qoute " All things MWO, as well as MechCon, MWOWC and the future of mech packs".....but I suspect it will devolve quickly.

GBFL

Edited by GaelicWolf, 24 May 2019 - 12:16 PM.

#309 ShyX

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:22 PM

Well, if we KNOW our programming can't be fixed once we make changes to it, and we KNOW our changes are really really dumb and will **** people off if we do it anyway... How about we just, like, don't do that? Y'know?

Edited by ShyX, 24 May 2019 - 12:40 PM.

#310 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:29 PM

View Post-Spectre, on 24 May 2019 - 12:07 PM, said:

The world won't end, but Community Warfare has ended. There is nothing community about it at this point. If they roll back the patch, it will save CW from becoming nothing but a footnote. I have heard that a rollback is not possible because of the way the programming works, and the argument he presented for this claim made a bit of sense, but if that is the case, why hasn't PGI come out and said that it is impossible, given that almost the entire community is asking, in as many words, for the patch to be rolled back.

We do have a long relationship with PGI, but it has not been a relationship to reference. In my experience the last 3.5 years in the games and on the forums, it has always been the bulk of the player base fighting against what PGI wants to do with the game, and then reluctantly adapting when PGI forces it on us. This is not a change that I want to see people acquiesce to. This is taking away the sole reason to play for a large part of the core player base, and if we don't stand here, the dumpster fire will spread past the dumpster and engulf the whole city. PGI, please. Abandon the dumpster (this patch) and save the city (the game and the community).

I have said plenty of things in this thread, and a lot of others have, as well, and I see no logical way that the community has not made its desires clear, so at this point I am happy to wait and see what PGI plans to do.

But be warned, PGI: we are still angry, and if whatever you do to fix this doesn't do some serious fixing, the anger will come right back.

There's a lot of different "we" groups in the community. Certainly there's people who don't really care.

At the core though the issue is that this seems like it'll drive some people away from an already low population while pulling 0 back. That, more than anything else, is what makes me wince.

#311 Hobbles v

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:35 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 23 May 2019 - 03:57 PM, said:

(Varying game modes during a phase, swapping factions between phases, shortening phase durations) plus a few more topics.

Just got home from work. I have 45 minutes of freedom before I need to take over baby duty. Queue is 2-33 for IS. Im stuck in IS. Guess im not playing today....

Mid phase faction swapping is a critical feature if you expect this to ever continue with any tiny modicum of success... Between phases is not good enough.

That or let the Inner Sphere stack fight itself after long enough waits.

Edited by Hobbles v, 24 May 2019 - 12:37 PM.

#312 Hayek Lahiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fang
  • The Fang
  • 105 posts
  • LocationHoard

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:39 PM

View PostBaronDeath, on 24 May 2019 - 01:10 AM, said:

Bottom line: almost 200 pilots through our horrible unit called ARC7, bound strongly to a Loyalist bond FOR MANY REASONS, resulting in (as I have polled my pilots), 10s of thousands of dollars in revenue for PGI. Positive feedback: 50% have LOTS of money, 50% do not but give everyone else something to shoot at. The ones you have counted "out" have something to give to the entire community. This is what LOYALIST Units have to give. A balance. You have destroyed that balance with this downgrade for both sides. For the first time, I feel sorrow for the IS Loyalists. We have 1+ billion in our coffers because of how we have managed my Unit. Turn it back like so many say here, and I will commit to 200 more pilots over the next few years at a 50/50 ratio to give money and pay your salaries AND for really good pilots who like to mock Loyalists so they can have someone to shoot at and give them ego (until they get good and no longer do that effectively).

Paul, thank you for your efforts. You are bound.

Posted Image

#313 Arius Henningsson

Rookie

• Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:44 PM

Thanks for ruining FP... I am glad I did not buy the other MW game and supporting your f****** company.

12 man groups in IS facing mixed Clan groups = complete waste of time. On top, I cannot switch sides to end frustration.

#314 Arius Henningsson

Rookie

• Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:50 PM

View PostPain G0D, on 21 May 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

Wow . I had no idea FP enthusiasts hated scouting so much .

Some people are extremely keen on KMDDs... that is limited to 4 in scouting. Maybe one reason for that. :-D

#315 zaathul

Rookie

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:14 PM

View PostHobbles v, on 24 May 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

Just got home from work. I have 45 minutes of freedom before I need to take over baby duty. Queue is 2-33 for IS. Im stuck in IS.
That or let the Inner Sphere stack fight itself after long enough waits.

I thought this is what we would be getting, allow for dynamic matchmaking... So if its all IS kick off an IS vs IS match until the queue balances out. That would be fun and add an interesting dynamic IMO.

#316 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:36 PM

Reduce the factions to Invading Clans vs. Star League.

#317 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:37 PM

View PostGaelicWolf, on 24 May 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

US ARMY
GAELICWOLF

Canadian company...

#318 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:51 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 23 May 2019 - 03:57 PM, said:

Hooboy...

TL;DR - News incoming but will be tomorrow.

Thanks for the hard work. It is obvious we got an event driven system. Stay the course. Don't let the folks side track you on what they don't like. The true battles are the ones won on fields not selected by either enemy.

Scouting, Planetary defense long toms and crazy hot maps are part of the game. Too bad you guys don't have zero gravity asteroids or under water battles like we did in MWLL. ;)

#319 -P U R E-

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 71 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:15 PM

Welp...

Posted Image

#320 Hayek Lahiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fang
  • The Fang
  • 105 posts
  • LocationHoard

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:26 PM

View PostGaelicWolf, on 24 May 2019 - 02:01 PM, said:

[redacted]

PGI is a private company and this is their site with their own rules. Going by the US's constitution, the 1st amendment only protects you from the government. Note that PGI is set in Canada, which is a different country than the US.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users