#61 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:29 PM

View PostTheCallandor, on 21 May 2019 - 08:14 PM, said:

Is this PGI's way of forcing us to play Solaris or Quick play?

Well, the game was rebranded to emphasize Solaris....which didn’t work out so well
It was probably too hard to make Solaris close to as good or better than FW....so they just made FW worse. That was much easier to pull off for PGI.

#62 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:41 PM

View PostTheCallandor, on 21 May 2019 - 08:14 PM, said:

Is this PGI's way of forcing us to play Solaris or Quick play?

the people in solaris have slouched posture and nobody seems to want to be there, i'm not sure what quickplay is like but according to the teamspeaks it has inherited a few angry players.
honestly the forums are more interesting than that stuff, i know we aren't supposed to talk about mwo on bookface and the other places but just reading the comments is helping to pass the 24hours of beeping. ...i may actually be starting to miss ghost dropping? at least in a ghost drop you have eleven other guys in the headphones, this lance at a time sh*t is a waste of a busy unit.

#63 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:56 PM

Ok so digesting it all...

Event/Story. So they vary in time. Could be like 24hrs or 72hrs.
  • Is there still internal phases anymore? So the usual reset after 8hrs? Or is an event one big 'phase' now?
  • If NO to phases then one timezone is always going to get scouting for instance.
  • Scouting for 24hrs = no good. For the sake of a story I think the playerbase could compromise and live with 1hr of scouting, assuming a 8hr phase. Also the start of a phase is, usually, quietest.
  • Loyalists - Been such a massive issue for years and now they are cut off. Loyalist is just such a critical thing to a reasonable portion of the playerbase. It is not a case of "but they can still play", they can, however the entire point of being a loyalist is you are loyal. Forcing loyalists to change loyalty is like trying to get someone devout to Christianity to become Buddhist for a few days (in their eyes).
  • Further to point 4 if they swap for an event/story. They are then on probation in the new faction and all that where a MERC is not.
  • Balancing of population. If events are going to make you pick a side - We must have a way to know the active population. Like the system did with % markers. Now there is a key issue, huge one - ACTIVE player base. There are 10s of thousands (maybe 100s?) of players that have alignment and Wolf/Davion were always the "most populated" but that was overall from the dawn of time, not who was actually playing active. So players that have played 10 games in the previous 3-4 months or something.
  • Incursion is also a fairly, tedious mode. Hours upon hours of it is essentially the same as scouting. It'll just be base rushes for hours and peeps aren't gonna wanna play it.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 21 May 2019 - 09:29 PM.

#64 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:23 PM

You forgot incursion ASN rushes, conquest 3 waves of LBKs, but I guess some unit will be happy they can do PVE in only which they are good at.

And as usual.
PGI: making PTS
Players: playing and giving feedback that it sucks
PGI: pushes changes with 2 faction lock nobody ever said about or wanted
Players: angry
PGI: Posted Image

Seriously only reason to do what you did is only if you want to deliberately kill gamemode.

#65 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:25 PM

A few ideas :
- Allow 12v12 FP during the limited scouting phase.
- Allow Loyalists to backup their side of the conflict, without having to leave their Faction.
- Create different benefits and restrictions for Freelancers and Mercenaries. Such as being able/unable to join groups and able/unable to switch sides during a conflict.

#66 OldSchoolCav

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:29 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 21 May 2019 - 08:56 PM, said:

Ok so digesting it all...

Scouting for 24hrs = no good. For the sake of a story I think the playerbase could compromise and live with 1hr of scouting, assuming a 8hr phase.

Nothing but respect Ash, but I don’t see how you could get the above statement from reading this forum. Why is compromise needed? They want my money. I want to play an enjoyable game with my friends.

Enforced scouting for the sake of a story is a game-killer. Maybe they could force us to play 30 minutes of Solaris before putting on our big boy pants? “Imagine the narrative possibilities!” If they can’t mollify the loyalists then the faction-specific set up is stupid. If we can’t switch sides to balance the queue and avoid ghost drops or avoid an hour of gloriously watching a 10 second timer spin while the queue is 35/10, that is stupid. If we have to cross our fingers and hope that the few hours we can play with our friends on a given night are not locked down to a mode that sucks, that is stupid. Sacrificing this mode for a story that adds an infinitesimal amount of interest to most of the players is stupid.

There are plenty of games. And if MWO dies and MW5 fails to stay profitable after the base tires of the PvE maybe someone will grab the license and make a game that actually works to encourage the player base to play.

Keep the matchmaker and the stories but drop scouting from the mix. Give loyalty to whatever faction each player is aligned with (I.e. If you are a GB loyalist, and clan drops you make pay GB LP). And return the ability to switch sides at any time without probation matches. Make it as easy as possible to get 12x4 vs 12x4 matches with a declining player base.

All of this was posted repeatedly regarding the PTS. I’ve never seen a dev in FP and the only one I saw on the PTS was busy screwing with you so gravity was wacky or you ate the first long Tom in many years. Why run a PTS if you won’t listen to feedback?

#67 The Jewce Iz Loose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2022 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:34 PM

12 more hours of scouting, alt + f4, only play the game for faction play and can't do that

#68 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:39 PM

View PostFeral Clown, on 21 May 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

Remove scouting from the cycle. It is an entirely different mode and being locked out of what I want to play is total bs. You do not have enough population to draw in enough new players to cover all of the veterans you will lose to this.

If this isn't changed, I know I will be giving up on this game completely.

at least don't run it for 15 hours. or throw in some other 4v4 modes that run simultaneously. for example:

garrison duty. 4v4 heavies-assaults. defend a fortified point on the map and survive. the other teams job is to make you screw up (probe the outpost and take out targets of opportunity). aka fatmech skirmish.

scoring works out almost the same as scouting. there are 4 mechs and 7 structures for a total of 11 targets. any targets destroyed give points to the attackers, all targets still alive at the end of the match get awarded to the defenders. whoever has the most points wins, and those points carry over to some other mission somehow.

Edited by LordNothing, 21 May 2019 - 09:48 PM.

#69 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:44 PM

View PostOldSchoolCav, on 21 May 2019 - 09:29 PM, said:

Nothing but respect Ash, but I don’t see how you could get the above statement from reading this forum. Why is compromise needed? They want my money. I want to play an enjoyable game with my friends.

To generate a story and purpose - which is what many have been banging on about for a long time - there does need to be some sorta mode/progression and really, what other way is there?

Some people do like scouting, you can't kinda say no-one plays it, people do and some units/players don't want invasion. So how do you keep everyone happy? A little compromise.

Personally I have no interest in scouting either. Rarely play it.

However if scouting is essentially going to be disabled while the other phase is going then you're taking that away from those people then it's balance. Disabling scouting will also mean there is SINGLE Queue in FP and not two like we've had for ages, that's a good thing to have everyone in a single queue.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 21 May 2019 - 09:46 PM.

#70 OldSchoolCav

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:54 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 21 May 2019 - 09:44 PM, said:

Disabling scouting will also mean there is SINGLE Queue in FP and not two like we've had for ages, that's a good thing to have everyone in a single queue.

Sorry Ash, I disagree. You assume that all of the players in both queues will show up to play regardless of mode and that is just not true. No one ever complained that scouting was draining players away from invasion. When did this become something that needs to be fixed?

I am unaware of any sizable group for whom Scouting is the preferred mode - except for players tired of being matched against unequal teams in invasion or wasting time watching a spinning wheel to queue instead of shooting robots or people waiting for space to open in a group. But I don’t claim to understand the feelings of all players, nor do I have PGI’s ear in the way you seem to.

To clarify that last statement - when I post an opinion as fact and am wrong no one gives a damn - who the heck is the OldSchoolCav guy? When you offer your opinion that the community’s tolerance is for 3 hours each day of scouting someone at PGI might actually listen.

Edited by OldSchoolCav, 21 May 2019 - 10:16 PM.

#71 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:00 PM

View PostPain G0D, on 21 May 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

Wow . I had no idea FP enthusiasts hated scouting so much .

scouting is ok, scouting for 13 hours is not.

#72 Rustyhammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSydney, AU

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:15 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 21 May 2019 - 09:44 PM, said:

Some people do like scouting, you can't kinda say no-one plays it, people do and some units/players don't want invasion. So how do you keep everyone happy? A little compromise.
Disabling scouting will also mean there is SINGLE Queue in FP and not two like we've had for ages, that's a good thing to have everyone in a single queue.

Do you relly think these scouting players will be happy getting they favourite game mode available just for say 2 hours out of 8? You can see how unhappy are invasion players now being locked out of invasion.

Scouting/Invasion were working fine in the old FP. Could be kept with no changes in the new story mode too, but no, PGI decided to screw both groups.

You don't want to merge 2 queues when they serve 2 different gamemodes. Why not to merge QP and FP as well then? Include QP into the story, enable it for a few hours, then scouting, then invasion. QP players will be happy having purpose for their fights, right? It'll be just a little compromise from everyone. /s

#73 TheCallandor

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:17 PM

Scouting has never been the preferred FP game mode. Sorry Paul but forcing people in FP to play it is by no means is a great game design... once again I stress that you remove it from the current/new FP mode... But then again PGI has proven time and again they do not listen to the player base and will do stupid sh**

#74 Killjoy786

• Pip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:23 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 21 May 2019 - 10:00 PM, said:

scouting is ok, scouting for 13 hours is not.

Currently this is the only time that scouting will be this long.. it was set to be locked in for 24 hours BECAUSE the hot fix was going to be put out AFTER/during this 24 hour phase to fix the rest/the actual FP side of things, BUT they got the hotfix out legit right away and couldn't turn off this locked in 24 hour scouting phase... so its legit the only reason scouting is 24 hours currently as FP was actually broken, from what I understand, after this 24 hours, its either gonna reset and go back to a normal maybe 2/2/2 or 1/2/3 or 2/3/1 of hours, as the phases still revolve around a 6 hour window? I think or it may be 8, I'm unsure, but either way its either 3 or 4 rotations per day atleast

#75 OldSchoolCav

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:26 PM

View PostKilljoy786, on 21 May 2019 - 10:23 PM, said:

Currently this is the only time that scouting will be this long.. it was set to be locked in for 24 hours BECAUSE the hot fix was going to be put out AFTER/during this 24 hour phase to fix the rest/the actual FP side of things, BUT they got the hotfix out legit right away and couldn't turn off this locked in 24 hour scouting phase... so its legit the only reason scouting is 24 hours currently as FP was actually broken, from what I understand, after this 24 hours, its either gonna reset and go back to a normal maybe 2/2/2 or 1/2/3 or 2/3/1 of hours, as the phases still revolve around a 6 hour window? I think or it may be 8, I'm unsure, but either way its either 3 or 4 rotations per day atleast

Still unacceptable. I don’t know anyone that wants to be forced to play scouting for any period of time instead of invasion. And if it is all just a miscommunication, PGI really sh*t the bed.

#76 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:34 PM

PGI: I don't play this game but I know what's best for this game!

#77 RJF Volkodav

• 1,444 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:39 PM

1. Separate loyality and conflict side. Give LP to pledged faction. Give more LP to loyalist, more cb/exp for mercs or whatever (i dont care much about having a difference). Its so "funny" to see myself with a wolves icon. Want me to be merc? But you know that mercs/"freelancers" are considered as *** by clanners.
2a. Give ppl ability to play scout or invasion. If you want to populate mode more than usual increase its outcome for certain phases. I.e. match rewards, more benefits for a side winning scouting during scouting phase (faster scans etc). So make more sense to play scouting during scouting mode instead of forcing everyone to play it.
2b. Make all the "phases" shorter so all the cycle would take no more than 3-4 hrs. So an average player could take part in any side of a conflict at least during adequate time period.
3. Remove incursion and conquest or at least rework them so they could not be abused by surprize baserushes or certain strats like LBK capping before forcing ppl to exclusively play this.

#78 Pelmeshek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRussia

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:43 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 21 May 2019 - 04:30 PM, said:

Loyalist should only be pledging loyalty when their faction is part of a conflict. This is why you can change your role every conflict cycle. If you're a hardcore loyalist for Davion and they're not part of a given conflict, you can select Freelancer or Merc for that conflict.

If you're a hardcore loyalist for Davion and they're not part of a given conflict, you can select Freelancer or Merc for that conflict.

hardcore loyalist

select Freelancer or Merc

So its u solution for real loylist players? Really? U guys are really dont play in own game?

#79 -Visix

Rookie

• The God
  • The God
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:23 PM

FFS. Do I now have to go join a comp team to get any enjoyment from this game, or straight hang up the keys on 260 some mechs and over 3k hours of gameplay, uninstall, and go be a more productive member of society...

#80 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:37 AM

I think the patch go in the right direction, but like everybody said, make scouting optional in future!

I already said in PTS you cant force people in a certain time zone (e.g. NA ppl) to scout their whole prime time.

Pls Paul, this is important! Scouting is a very special mode you have to see seperated from Invasion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users