60 replies to this topic

#41 Snowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 433 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:02 AM

View PostMechwarrior1441491, on 23 May 2019 - 10:39 AM, said:

They could of course assign the other factions to fight in the operation in support of the chosen sides, that way people get to keep their faction.

This could work. We already had some "smaler" Clans Fighting for other Clans (just clan Wolf, Jade Falcon, Smoke Jaguars and Ghost Bears had own planets).

#42 Mechwarrior1441491

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:27 AM

I would say somehow let people with rank vote within their faction to decide which they will support, but I'm not sure how possible population balance would be achieved.

#43 Red5angel

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 68 posts
  • LocationNorthglenn Colorado

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:54 PM

I'm still off the opinion you use the carrot and not the stick. Give players incentive to opt in to the narrative story, allow the rest to do what they want. I feel like if you have to force people into your storyline then your waste something is wrong.

#44 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:33 PM

And now I'm a smoky jag. Having to select a new faction every few days is gonna get real annoying real quick.

#45 Vince Carter

Rookie

• Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:28 PM

Is this real???
I havent play for like 4 months.
Just logged in to check the new patch and i cant play FP for 2 days. u know why? clan vs clan conlfict .
I have been allways loyalist. I smash clans...i dont want to play clan mechs.
I can understand they want to try to upgrade the FP ...but this?? really? i dont really understand. I´ve spent a lot of time, effort and money in my IS mechs.

Big clap and thanks for everything

Goodbye.

#46 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:29 PM

View PostVince Carter, on 25 May 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

Is this real???
Just logged in to check the new patch and i cant play FP for 2 days. u know why? clan vs clan conlfict .
I can understand they want to try to upgrade the FP ...but this?? really? i dont really understand. I´ve spent a lot of time, effort and money in my IS mechs.

Goodbye.

Learn to be a merc and care nothing about anything other than cbills or stop playing... I stopped playing.

#47 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:01 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 25 May 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

Learn to be a merc and care nothing about anything other than cbills or stop playing... I stopped playing.

To be unfair.. players complained about events in which their minor faction was not involved and required a player to change factions, or if in a unit, leave the unit to do so...
  • PGI started out with CW where a player, once he had done enough, would become eligible to be accounted to a NPC canon unit.....
  • The above didnt happen and the only difference for quite a while between a merc and a loyalist was the length of contract
  • LONG LONG time with no changes
  • Then came the separate Loyalist and Merc tree, Loyalists votes what planets to attack, tug of war (ToW was actually okay), then Scouting/Long Tom..
  • other stuff
  • Now back to no Loyalist
Notice a trend? But truthfully, PGI likely should have stuck with #2, no game loyalists. PGI has shown it difficult for them to have multiple layers. To show faction preference-association, set it up like the Badges, for visual properties only but with no actual game interaction, everyone is a merc or a freelancer (no association at all). Only thing that would matter is Faction Reputation, which would be a Tug of Reputation, One can have a great reputation or a very negative reputation. Over all it would primarily have an effect on the player's payout, regardless of what over levels PGI adds or removes.

#48 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:30 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 25 May 2019 - 06:01 PM, said:

To be unfair.. players complained about events in which their minor faction was not involved and required a player to change factions, or if in a unit, leave the unit to do so...
  • PGI started out with CW where a player, once he had done enough, would become eligible to be accounted to a NPC canon unit.....
  • The above didnt happen and the only difference for quite a while between a merc and a loyalist was the length of contract
  • LONG LONG time with no changes
  • Then came the separate Loyalist and Merc tree, Loyalists votes what planets to attack, tug of war (ToW was actually okay), then Scouting/Long Tom..
  • other stuff
  • Now back to no Loyalist
Notice a trend? But truthfully, PGI likely should have stuck with #2, no game loyalists. PGI has shown it difficult for them to have multiple layers. To show faction preference-association, set it up like the Badges, for visual properties only but with no actual game interaction, everyone is a merc or a freelancer (no association at all). Only thing that would matter is Faction Reputation, which would be a Tug of Reputation, One can have a great reputation or a very negative reputation. Over all it would primarily have an effect on the player's payout, regardless of what over levels PGI adds or removes.

When cw started out loyalist was a loyalist there was no changing . Not once or ever.. After they removed this there wasn't real loyalist anyway. Paul doesn't understand loyalist and never will.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 25 May 2019 - 06:31 PM.

#49 Snowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 433 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:00 PM

View PostVince Carter, on 25 May 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

Is this real???

Goodbye.

If pgi wants you to Play as a merc for Clans than you have to do it! Good that now we don't have to make our own decisions…. Posted Image Posted Image

(agreed with your statment, because I usually Play for Clans and have a lot more clan-mechs than is-mechs….)

#50 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 01:58 AM

1) Choosing a Faction for Loyalty.

1.1) If a player chooses to be a Loyalist to a Faction, this selection should be persistent to the player's profile.
- This ensures that no matter which subsequent role a player chooses, it will not affect the overall profile Loyalist selection.
- Essentially this allows a player to always fight under the banner of their selected faction without ever needing to switch or display a 'temporary' faction alignment.

1.2) The selection of Faction will be done on the Faction Details (will need to rename this tab) pages which display information about all the factions available.
- A button will appear on each faction's detailed information page which will allow the player to pledge loyalty to said faction.
- The player must be warned that the selection is permanent.

From what I understand you can still choose to be loyal to one specific faction but will fight for whoever you select during the event....is that right?

It seams I can't test this because I selected MERC and now I seam to be stuck with that.

Edited by Nesutizale, 26 May 2019 - 01:59 AM.

#51 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 02:01 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 21 May 2019 - 11:48 PM, said:

The factions were meaningless before..

obviously they werent meaningless if people want them back.

the problem is that PGI opted to dumb down the game by removing choosing factions instead of making the choosing of factions more impactful and meaningful

furthermore we were told months ago that loyalist rewards would be improved. instead PGI removed loyalists.

name='Monkey Lover' post='6262980' timestamp='1558837800']
When cw started out loyalist was a loyalist there was no changing . Not once or ever.. After they removed this there wasn't real loyalist anyway. Paul doesn't understand loyalist and never will.

I think they understood it perfectly. Improving the loyalist experience meant more work for them. So they removed loyalists.

When what they shouldve done was given loyalists the best rewards. And each faction shouldve had its own unique rewards. Like faction only mechs that you can only get by being a loyalist.

But nope thats too much work lets just remove loyalists instead.

Edited by Khobai, 26 May 2019 - 02:07 AM.

#52 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 02:11 AM

From what I understand Loyalist haven't been removed at all...or at least its not intentional.

Faction selection is now under "Faction Details" and there are two posts from Paul that clearly read as if Faction Loyalty is still thing.

https://mwomercs.com...ign-discussion/

https://mwomercs.com...t-patch-may-24/

Edited by Nesutizale, 26 May 2019 - 02:11 AM.

#53 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 06:40 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 25 May 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

I had to locate that, various contract lengths, including a permanent contract length, PGI initial version of a Loyalist. Other than that it was the same, players built up their loyalty points, etc.

One thing though, I do not wish to go back to the original Capture diagram. Nor for the most part players determining if they will defend or attack, there were may too many planet options, since it became more dependent on which side and the most active units, at least with how PGI had it setup. Now if there had been a primarily a Tug of War with a few selectable planets then had added an MM of sorts..... too little too late

For the new kids, the image below would have the defenders start at a full bar, the bar could only go do only after an attacker earned a wedge, thus if the defenders kept repulsing the attackers, there was no indicator except the full bar. At the time limit the attacker only had to own 8 of the 15 wedges to capture the planet.

Posted Image

vs

Posted Image

#54 Vince Carter

Rookie

• Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:35 AM

Well...obviuosly i will have to stop playing if the dont change it.

Anyway, thanks to everyone whom i play with and against all these years. One of my best experiences in gaming.

#55 AEgg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 03:44 PM

This is dumb. The only thing your selected faction changed up to this point was your player icon. If your player icon is important enough to make you quit the game, something is wrong.

Sure, it'd be nice if they let you select an icon independent of the current CW event, but that's a trivially small change.

As for there only being one CW event running at a time: That's better than zero, which is pretty much what the population supported under the previous system.

#56 GoatHILL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 399 posts
  • LocationA dark corner

Posted 26 May 2019 - 05:59 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 26 May 2019 - 02:11 AM, said:

From what I understand Loyalist haven't been removed at all...or at least its not intentional.

Faction selection is now under "Faction Details" and there are two posts from Paul that clearly read as if Faction Loyalty is still thing.

https://mwomercs.com...t-patch-may-24/

No you can only chose 1 of the 2 factions that are currently in rotation.

#57 Kilay Andra Wolf

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts
  • LocationGermany / Deutschland (Südhessen)

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:36 PM

I just wonder what comes next. Removing the units? Followed by the argumentation "Hey you can still
be loyal to your units mates but form up under one of two global units that represent one of two given
opponents in the faction play." to explain why nobody cares about players feelings and preferences?!

Forcing anyone to be something he dont want to be always is and was a bad decision! Also (imo) it
is very disrespectful to force the players the given way to play any kind of faction play in this game.

It's damn simple to solve the problem. Just give the players their chosen factions and icons back.
Let them support the IS / House or Clanners / Clan in faction play if they like to do and pay them
a reward based on the side they are fighting for. If you want to pay Mercs higher than loyalists,
just do it.

But dont force loyalists to be Mercs!

Just my two cents.

Greets, Kilay

#58 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:48 PM

Paul has stickied his thread he started 5-25-19. You could say that whatever playtesting PGI had for the new FP was not really there for the depth. And there's lot of work to still be done, if it can be done, provided he can pull it off. Not sure how it will take FP off of life support though, at this point.

#59 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 28 May 2019 - 02:08 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 27 May 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

Paul has stickied his thread he started 5-25-19. You could say that whatever playtesting PGI had for the new FP was not really there for the depth. And there's lot of work to still be done, if it can be done, provided he can pull it off. Not sure how it will take FP off of life support though, at this point.

well in short its the same model i lined out in may 2014 Posted Image - and as said then and since then this is how CW should have been from day one.

#60 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:55 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 27 May 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

I don't think they can fix anything anymore. They don't have the time.

It took them 6+ months to do a few edits to the system they have now. Nothing new was added. Even then took few rounds of testing and still came loaded with bugs.
At the rate the move it could literally take years. Jarls list is showing mwo population to be at levels where you will have issues finding matches in any Q in 2 years.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 28 May 2019 - 12:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users