106 replies to this topic

#41 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 23 May 2019 - 05:18 PM

Also... it appears CB earnings have dropped off considerably. When I used to earn ~1.5M I now earn ~900K.

#42 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 05:20 PM

View PostAvalon91211, on 23 May 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

See, I like this answer, its a good answer. Thank you Paul and keep up the good work. Don't let the rest of these dezgra surats trouble you, most of them will never be satisfied.

Dezgra surats who play the gamemode they just ****** over. Not listening to your audience is definitely working out for gaming industry over last few years and PGI seems to be in trend too.

#43 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 23 May 2019 - 05:21 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 23 May 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

Well instead of waiting for tomorrow's update, I'll have to nip this part in the bud (rolling back)...

Sad news, but thank you for letting us know.

#44 Rockcrusher

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 05:25 PM

So let me get this straight, if PGI screws up the game, they have no real alternative to fix it, except by screwing it up further? Interesting ... very interesting. Well, consistency is to follow the wrong track to the end, I guess.

#45 FieToe

Rookie

• The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 05:32 PM

Roll Back FP

#46 Heffling

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 05:32 PM

Well instead of waiting for tomorrow's update, I'll have to nip this part in the bud (rolling back)...

We cannot roll back a patch like this. A rollback of this magnitude would impose a workload that would be in a similar scope of rewriting the entire update. The database and backend services only move forward. There were significant changes in this patch in relation to these services. Rolling back would cause a massive desync in data which could result in a corruption of the entire backend structure essentially bringing the entire game to a halt. Rolling back code in a revision control environment isn't the issue... when things go live, the data in the backend has already taken on the new properties which would break under the previous codebase. On top of that, we cannot rollback 'just a section' of a patch, the entire patch would rollback including the new 'Mech and fixes that were also part of it.

As I mentioned in the latest FP Update post, there is a plan for changes/updates based on feedback and I'm waiting for a few more information sources to get back to me before I draft up the complete plan for moving forward. I will post this information tomorrow and will open it up for more feedback.

Rollback Click Undo!

#47 H E L L F I R E

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:08 PM

ROOOOLLLLL BACK NEEEEEEEOOOOOWWWWW

#48 HardDrive

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:46 PM

View PostCharles Sennet, on 23 May 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

Also... it appears CB earnings have dropped off considerably. When I used to earn ~1.5M I now earn ~900K.

I think the patch fixed this, I noticed this today that several of my mech that used to have the "chassis C-Bill bonus" Was missing said bonus in the "mech stats" Screen but they are showing up again now after this hotfix.

View PostRockcrusher, on 23 May 2019 - 05:25 PM, said:

So let me get this straight, if PGI screws up the game, they have no real alternative to fix it, except by screwing it up further? Interesting ... very interesting. Well, consistency is to follow the wrong track to the end, I guess.

Thats not exactly what he said although the wording was weird. What he said is they cant go back without wiping out all that everyone has done from the time the patch was done to this moment, and that data would be unrecoverable not the game itself.

Edited by HardDrive, 23 May 2019 - 07:08 PM.

#49 Avarice1of2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 194 posts
  • LocationSitting in a the cockpit of a mech whose pilot is no longer with us with Bitching Betty telling me my loadout is not usable.

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:53 PM

If you pick the Mercenary faction, you should still gain points with the Merc board but also gain points with the IS or Clan faction you took a contract with. You know because you are a professional Merc and thus your rating with the Merc Board who handles all payments and contracts is separate from the rating a faction gives you.

#50 SeventhSL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 May 2019 - 07:51 PM

We cannot roll back a patch like this. A rollback of this magnitude would impose a workload that would be in a similar scope of rewriting the entire update. The database and backend services only move forward. There were significant changes in this patch in relation to these services. Rolling back would cause a massive desync in data which could result in a corruption of the entire backend structure essentially bringing the entire game to a halt. Rolling back code in a revision control environment isn't the issue... when things go live, the data in the backend has already taken on the new properties which would break under the previous codebase. On top of that, we cannot rollback 'just a section' of a patch, the entire patch would rollback including the new 'Mech and fixes that were also part of it.

As I mentioned in the latest FP Update post, there is a plan for changes/updates based on feedback and I'm waiting for a few more information sources to get back to me before I draft up the complete plan for moving forward. I will post this information tomorrow and will open it up for more feedback.

Thanks for the update mate. :)

#51 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 326 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 23 May 2019 - 07:59 PM

So what's going on with Faction now? I saw that I'm not in my chosen faction anymore, and can only choose between Wolf and Ras. Does that mean we'll all have to be one or the other, and maybe the factions offered will rotate every once and a while according to the sequence of games you've designed? And does that mean we'll have to wait to progress through a faction's reputation scale until that faction is available as a choice?

Ugh. I can see that my icon has changed to wolf. Nothing against wolf, but I was smoke jaguar before.

Edited by Renzor the Red, 23 May 2019 - 08:00 PM.

#52 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:43 PM

Edited by Dee Eight, 23 May 2019 - 08:46 PM.

#53 AlphaPiAlpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:06 PM

What you mean, you can't roll back a patch?

Version managemement aka version control software like git with branches for changes to the code of clients / servers... just roll it back! Even DB changes should be revertable or an old copy has to be kept (in case sth goes wrong)... Like e.g. NOW!

Wait, you don't use stuff like that, I guess? Posted Image

#PGIFAIL

WHEN WILL THE LEADERBOARDS FOR FP WORK AGAIN? Or did you not yet notice...

ROLL BACK ! NOW!

#54 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:45 PM

On the Leaderboard of the website ...I m Liao...I m atm Wolf..most of my unit is Ras....I m confused. Ingame...is emty.

#55 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:49 PM

https://mwomercs.com...type=3&season=1

#56 AlphaPiAlpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:54 PM

Time to find other games to play... FP was all I was interested in....

#57 Hanky Spam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:07 PM

Ofc you can rollback to the old state of the game and yes DB wise you are onto something there but apperently you guys have no intentions to backport the "new things" like a new mech to a prior revision...

Looks like you guys think fixing the new FP mode will be less effort than returning to the old FP mode.

So, let's see how long that will take and if any loyal FP playing customer will then still be around...

#58 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:19 PM

Yeah, but...

ROLL IT BACK.

#59 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:46 PM

ROLL BACK FP!

#60 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:56 PM

Please don't roll back to a dead system.

FP has been dead for too long to not try to make drastic changes to revive it. Last time it had substantial players was when it was invasion only and had several large units competing over who gets to show off planets. That's an awfully long time ago. Anything is better than the state it was in before now.

Edited by Gagis, 23 May 2019 - 10:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users