Hot-Fix Scheduled For 23-May-2019

106 replies to this topic

#61 Rizzi Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 140 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:03 PM

thank you Paul, i do not think we need a roleback, i like this new art of missions, perhaps you can get some different Timers for the single phases, a hole day scooting is boring….
You should have the Chance, to take part of the new factionplay as Loyalist of old stile. perhaps do not give the full Factionpointsreward to nonloyalists of the actual conflict, give them like 25%less factionpoints but let theme be a part of their role.
give mercs even the 75% of faction and alow the Change of the curent contract /or loyality every day once.
Give freelancer a bigger bonus on C-Bills , they get no advantage on factionplay, and they help out getting a match started.

#62 it comes with a cup holder

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:14 PM

roll it back.

#63 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:48 PM

PGI thankyou for listening!
please let us play invasion on all the quickplay maps.
please add a frivolous pretty picture next to the paragraph that passes for the storyline and return the call to arms.
and if we are forced to scout please allow Steiner pilots to scout in assault mechs.

or, you know... just roll it back, way back to when we could target planets (other units), we had counter attack, and there was no incursion or scouting.

#64 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:21 AM

View Postnullanulla, on 23 May 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

Roll Back

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 23 May 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

Roll Back FP

View PostQueenBlade, on 23 May 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

Roll back Faction Play.

View PostBjorn Bekker, on 23 May 2019 - 02:56 PM, said:

Roll back FP

View PostNightbird, on 23 May 2019 - 03:04 PM, said:

Roll back FP

View Posttee5, on 23 May 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

Roll back FP

View PostMcGoat, on 23 May 2019 - 03:06 PM, said:

Roll back

View PostNathan White, on 23 May 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

Roll back FP

View PostvonJerg, on 23 May 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

Roll back FP

View PostGettodachoppa, on 23 May 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

ROLL. BACK. FP.

View PostSerial Number, on 23 May 2019 - 03:51 PM, said:

Roll back FP.

View PostCharles Sennet, on 23 May 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

Roll back FP.

^^ That.

#65 Bravado

• PipPipPip
  • Colonel
  • Colonel
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:22 AM

Reading comprehension is apparently in short supply.

#66 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:25 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 23 May 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

We cannot roll back a patch like this. A rollback of this magnitude would impose a workload that would be in a similar scope of rewriting the entire update.

Thats why you think BEFORE you do smth. The amount of workload you need to fix the stuff you've broken is quite frankly YOUR problem, not ours.

#67 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,039 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:03 AM

View PostBravado, on 24 May 2019 - 12:22 AM, said:

Reading comprehension is apparently in short supply.

i think this bud is too big to nip. im pissed off and im not even a loyalist. roll it back.

Edited by LordNothing, 24 May 2019 - 01:04 AM.

#68 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 336 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:20 AM

Have faith, ye naysayers and complainers. It's a big overhaul. It'll take some work to iron out.

#69 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:44 AM

Haven't played new FP yet but the "Storymode" sounds like something that would make me want to try it at least.

#70 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 543 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:49 AM

rollback

#71 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,593 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:52 AM

Bring back my Steiner Fist dammit

#72 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:12 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 23 May 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

Well instead of waiting for tomorrow's update, I'll have to nip this part in the bud (rolling back)...

We cannot roll back a patch like this. A rollback of this magnitude would impose a workload that would be in a similar scope of rewriting the entire update. The database and backend services only move forward. There were significant changes in this patch in relation to these services. Rolling back would cause a massive desync in data which could result in a corruption of the entire backend structure essentially bringing the entire game to a halt. Rolling back code in a revision control environment isn't the issue... when things go live, the data in the backend has already taken on the new properties which would break under the previous codebase. On top of that, we cannot rollback 'just a section' of a patch, the entire patch would rollback including the new 'Mech and fixes that were also part of it.

Did you ask your provider whether they have done a "snap shot" (Systems and DBs) as part of the update process? In this case it is just the press of a button and at least some days of lost progress for the players since the patch.

P.S. If you don't do such snap shots I am really wondering what you would like to do in case somethzingt goes wrong while updating your systems.

#73 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,039 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:20 AM

View PostRenzor the Red, on 24 May 2019 - 01:20 AM, said:

Have faith, ye naysayers and complainers. It's a big overhaul. It'll take some work to iron out.

at least fix the easy stuff first.

item 1 (a high priority for me anyway) is rp, bring it back. that should be hotfix worthy.

item 2 is the fix the long phase durations or do multiple modes per phase or just drop the story entirely for random modes. maybe in the same hotfix as rp.

item 3 is where we start the maybe next month part of the list. fix queue imbalances. so far the worst ive seen are periods of 4:1 so this might not be as bad as we think it is and letting it run for a bit might help gather more data. one thing i noticed is that during the na phase the is queue was loaded, and during the oc phase the clan was the heavy side. so an emphasis must be made on balancing recent population swings in a real time manor. some kind of mechanic that allows a small number of people to switch sides when there is an imbalance such that a game can be launched.

item 4 is a less severe issue and not really a bug. but whats the point of having a match maker if there is no one to match? i got passed 5 times in queue today for an hour wait where its usually no longer than 10 minutes. at some point, preferably after some bug fixes on the above, you need to hold an fp only event to try and bring some more pugs in so the matchmaker can work.

item 5 is that you need to decouple banners from the events so loyalists can wear their badges. not really a priority for me but what good is fp if all the loyalists leave and there is no one else left to play?

Edited by LordNothing, 24 May 2019 - 02:54 AM.

#74 Hanky Spam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:35 AM

View PostRenzor the Red, on 24 May 2019 - 01:20 AM, said:

I admire your faith in PGI but if you are already a bit longer into this game then you would know that "having faith" in PGI has already been proven by themself as a bad idea.

It's just insane to release such a new FP mode, which is THAT rushed and incomplete to the public.
Do we really have to wait 2-3 months (quoting russ) now until this mode is kinda "playable" again?

Fixing FP needs to be top priority right now, even before any further work on MW5. I know wishful thinking...

Just fix this god damn mess

#75 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:51 AM

Would loyalists be happy if you could just pick an avatar from any faction regardless of whats your choice in the current conflict?

That sounds like a VERY simple fix.

#76 IronEleven

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:53 AM

View PostGartenlaube, on 23 May 2019 - 09:54 PM, said:

Time to find other games to play... FP was all I was interested in....

Yep, the only place I could find refuge once I got tired of PSR producing consistently horrible matches in QP.

#77 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:54 AM

@ Paul Inouye:

All you say is you are not willing to do a roll back. (Just imagine in a case of a crash you could not do a Roll Back, of course you can. Because it would be an emergency case. THIS IS AN EMERGENGY CASE.)

I will play a little bit of Solaris 7, because I promised someone to help him.

But I will not play your abomination of FP. Thats why you test things before they go live.
I thought this Event System was only for Special Events every now and then, once a week.
If I would have known this would be the only new Faction Play, I would have rang the alarm bells louder.

But you would have probalbly ignored me anyways. Just as you always do. Everybody told you to get rid of the beeping counter, you ignored it, Like you always ignore your customers.

Lets hope nobody will play FP, from this point on. So that you can see the player numbers diving into the abyss.

I am outright mad at you and your company. For being such lousy Developers, every company would be bankrupt by now, if the would do such bad game development like you. All which is saving you are the loyal fans of the Battletech Universe.

#78 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:58 AM

View PostIronEleven, on 24 May 2019 - 02:53 AM, said:

(FP was) the only place I could find refuge once I got tired of PSR producing consistently horrible matches in QP.

Same.

#79 TubbyToast

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:19 AM

Make it 8v8 on all maps with 2 mechs for each player
Good pilots who bring firepower have the chance to carry them

#80 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:27 AM

View PostHanky Spam, on 24 May 2019 - 02:35 AM, said:

It's just insane to release such a new FP mode, which is THAT rushed and incomplete to the public.
Do we really have to wait 2-3 months (quoting russ) now until this mode is kinda "playable" again?

Funniest thing as that they've kept feeding us with promises that they work hard on this FP update and kept postponing it to make sure of its quality for how many months exactly? ... Worked hard to produce ... this.

This is only getting worse and worse for YEARS now, yet people are STILL crying "ye have faith". Unbelievable.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users