106 replies to this topic

#81 Nix Axer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  • LocationMariupol

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:38 AM

Roll Back FP
Posted Image

Edited by Nix Axer, 24 May 2019 - 03:38 AM.

#82 BARRY SHlTPEAS

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 80 posts
  • LocationBrown Sea Buccaneer

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:48 AM

RABBLE! RABBLE! RABBLE! RABBLE!

#83 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:49 AM

Pretty sure we could get used to this game mode in time . Also pretty sure this new patched FP mode is more for PGI hardware/software convenience whatever that may be ?

But could we at least get our faction badges back ? Thats a really important part of playing this game , even to people who only play QP . I literally picked my favorite faction on the same day i joined MWO . I never bothered me to temporarily jump functions for events as i could always get back to my main faction afterwards .

This mode is labled FACTION PLAY after all . Right now loylist fans are factionless .

#84 Bravado

• PipPipPip
  • Colonel
  • Colonel
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:54 AM

View PostPain G0D, on 24 May 2019 - 03:49 AM, said:

Pretty sure we could get used to this game mode in time . Also pretty sure this new patched FP mode is more for PGI hardware/software convenience whatever that may be ?

But could we at least get our faction badges back ? Thats a really important part of playing this game , even to people who only play QP . I literally picked my favorite faction on the same day i joined MWO . I never bothered me to temporarily jump functions for events as i could always get back to my main faction afterwards .

This mode is labled FACTION PLAY after all . Right now loylist fans are factionless .

^^ This

#85 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:05 AM

Well it’s not your time to have fun because we have an AWESOME TEXT BASED EVENT of CW attacking CW base in FRR territory which you always can join on either side as a Merc/Freelancer with an awesome 5% CBills or XP bonus to compensate for you playing faction you don’t like! Also be sure to choose side wisely if you want to play since you can’t swap them thanks to PGI preventing exploiting of that, I recently heard queue was 0/20, so it works because no game - no exploiters, thanks PGI!

Posted Image

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 24 May 2019 - 04:26 AM.

#86 Pelmeshek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRussia

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:29 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 24 May 2019 - 04:05 AM, said:

Well it’s not your time to have fun because we have an AWESOME TEXT BASED EVENT of CW attacking CW base in FRR territory which you always can join on either side as a Merc/Freelancer with an awesome 5% CBills or XP bonus to compensate for you playing faction you don’t like! Also be sure to choose side wisely if you want to play since you can’t swap them thanks to PGI preventing exploiting of that, I recently heard queue was 0/20, so it works because no game - no exploiters, thanks PGI!

Posted Image

U forget main idea of MWO by PGI: buy Skyrim mechpack preorder Mechwarrior 5.

#87 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:32 AM

yep wxactly.. makes total sense now that so called "FP" rhingy
BRING BACK MY STEINER FIST ASAAAP

Edited by Mighty Spike, 24 May 2019 - 04:35 AM.

#88 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:20 AM

Posted Image

#89 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:26 AM

Lets put it this way: If the few masochists who liked the previous iteration of FP are angry, should we want to go towards a system that only the angry masochists like?

#90 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:32 AM

View PostGagis, on 24 May 2019 - 05:26 AM, said:

Lets put it this way: If the few masochists who liked the previous iteration of FP are angry, should we want to go towards a system that only the angry masochists like?

Yes because new system liked by literally noone.

#91 Bravado

• PipPipPip
  • Colonel
  • Colonel
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:33 AM

The safeword is "Saisonschlussverkauf"

#92 Rockcrusher

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:34 AM

Lets rephrase it a little bit, shall we? If the few masochists who forced themselves to play the previous iteration of FP are angry, should we realy go towards a system that even the hardcore MWO-masochists do not like???

Edited by Rockcrusher, 24 May 2019 - 05:41 AM.

#93 IronEleven

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 06:15 AM

Gargis, how do any of these changes make FP easier for newcomers? We got:
*No matches instead of lopsided matches thanks to our inability to switch
*A worse loyalty grind
*Forced stretches of single game modes that may or may not have had glaring issues specific to FP for years.

In exchange we got:
*Some text
*Matchmaker changes might have made sense if FP wasn't already struggling to fill a 12v12.

#94 Z Paradox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 102 posts
  • Locationozz

Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:03 AM

Roll back FP, and yes you can take all items and C-b. and XP I got in past 10 days...

Edited by Z Paradox, 24 May 2019 - 07:04 AM.

#95 RakiaTime

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:11 AM

Dont roll back anything, just give them back their loyalty badges and remove scouting, problem solved

#96 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:29 AM

I haven't been able to log in yet to play FW but... is it really THAT different from the PTS? :o

#97 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:41 AM

View PostRakia Time, on 24 May 2019 - 07:11 AM, said:

Dont roll back anything, just give them back their loyalty badges and remove scouting, problem solved

yep but THAT would be to easy.. PGI cant work in any other way then to do it more complicated then necesassary...They always did so and if they would do it now, how it should be done, their whole company would explode immediatly in a huge mushroom cloud.,Like a 100ton Mech with nothing else then 1 LRM 5 and 40t ons of ammo after a ammo explosion ....and would leave from Vancouver just a big hole where the Barringer crater would fit in 10 times...

Edited by Mighty Spike, 24 May 2019 - 08:43 AM.

#98 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:54 AM

View PostRakia Time, on 24 May 2019 - 07:11 AM, said:

Allow all Factions to participate.

Return scouting to what it was : An option.

Return Mercenary points to Mercenaries.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 24 May 2019 - 10:05 AM.

#99 AlphaPiAlpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:02 AM

and make FP Leaderboards great again... at least that they work :P

#100 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:44 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 23 May 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

Well instead of waiting for tomorrow's update, I'll have to nip this part in the bud (rolling back)...

We cannot roll back a patch like this. A rollback of this magnitude would impose a workload that would be in a similar scope of rewriting the entire update. The database and backend services only move forward. There were significant changes in this patch in relation to these services. Rolling back would cause a massive desync in data which could result in a corruption of the entire backend structure essentially bringing the entire game to a halt. Rolling back code in a revision control environment isn't the issue... when things go live, the data in the backend has already taken on the new properties which would break under the previous codebase. On top of that, we cannot rollback 'just a section' of a patch, the entire patch would rollback including the new 'Mech and fixes that were also part of it.

As I mentioned in the latest FP Update post, there is a plan for changes/updates based on feedback and I'm waiting for a few more information sources to get back to me before I draft up the complete plan for moving forward. I will post this information tomorrow and will open it up for more feedback.

You need to show them the big picture here with the event driven system that is now in place for FP. You may need to layout a schedule of the factions that will be fighting each other and the probability of game modes that will trigger. It would be good to show the possible windows for each game mode and the time range possibilities for each. I can see that many think it is stuck here with the FP rollback responses.

Just like the events from the past, each group had to choose a faction before participating. Everyone needs to see the larger picture with the possibility of quick selections made by the community folks that can run these events without having to push out a build to make it happen.

What people need to post besides FP rollback, is what events to run that match ones we ran in the past including the long tom for the over achieving groups that put in the blood, sweat and tears. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users