100 replies to this topic

#21 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:19 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 24 May 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

As I mentioned in the latest FP Update post, there is a plan for changes/updates based on feedback

I stopped reading right after this.

none of our previous feedback was used. on the contrary, it was made (good) fun of (see airhorn (we did not get it, but you kept the 10sec beeping timer just because that is so damn useful)), and you still went on full straight into the fw-iceberg, at ramming speed.

not gonna repeat the same circle of testing, suggesting, getting ignored - at least on my end. hf with your ..unique.. approach to things.

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 25 May 2019 - 04:19 AM.

#22 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:26 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 25 May 2019 - 04:19 AM, said:

I stopped reading right after this.

none of our previous feedback was used. on the contrary, it was made (good) fun of (see airhorn (we did not get it, but you kept the 10sec beeping timer just because that is so damn useful)), and you still went on full straight into the fw-iceberg, at ramming speed.

not gonna repeat the same circle of testing, suggesting, getting ignored - at least on my end. hf with your ..unique.. approach to things.

Ninja i like you. But i read your comment now a dozen times. We all got it, you are done. Please vent out your frustration ingame, i think you have written enough about FP (just meant as friendly advice).

See ya!

#23 theplayerx4734

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:44 AM

We get that you're your own developer PGI, but when the community says "don't do this" and you do it anyway, it feels like backstabbing.
Since you "cant" backup the game to previous FP version, just make scouting a 1 hour phase, get rid of the stupid Solaris countdown timer, and allow us to switch from faction to faction.

#24 eSeFerra

Rookie

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:24 PM

I can´t play for two days cause i have no clan mechs...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
And i have to see that cat in my post when i´m Marik! great!!!

Edited by eSeFerra, 25 May 2019 - 02:26 PM.

#25 Vince Carter

Rookie

• Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:37 PM

Yeah having that cat makes me sick.

A lot of money , time and effort to play only IS marik.

now i have to wait 2 days to play the only mode i play in this game.

Thanks !!!!!!

#26 shaytalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 271 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:26 PM

I'm posting this just so I can remember to bring it up later, but if LP is something that you're only (or mostly) going to be earning when your faction is available to play in a conflict, can we get some sort of a calendar to know when our faction is coming up in the queue? I'm not sure that I would be able to be here at the proper day / time to play my faction regularly, and this is definitely not ideal, but at least knowing in advance would be better than nothing.

Would still strongly prefer to be able to play FP any time rather than having to schedule a 12-man group's play time around a calendar, but without said calendar it would be next to impossible to have a group ready to go at the drop of a hat etc.

#27 Rexxxxxxxxx

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:52 PM

The idea of factions should be eliminated and just have mercenary groups taking on contracts. This would eliminate the need to choose a side. At this time many mercenary groups had access to clan mechs, Allowing them to have mixed clan and innersphere decks.

When forming two 12 mans. you would be able to grab any group of players in the queue and balance them based off their ELO. Matches will drop faster and the sides will be more evenly matched.

#28 Alurath

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 12 posts
  • LocationEast coast, United States

Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:33 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 24 May 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

So, the podcast delay didn't help out here but I'm not going to wait for it to update you all on what we're planning for FP post patch. First I'm going to copy and paste my comment from the hotfix thread about rolling back:

I appreciate the comments about what is being worked on and estimates of when we will see the changes implemented. My first thought about rolling things back is that you should be able to restore things to the state prior to the patch. As I read your post, I realized that there are many who would not want to lose rewards, c-bills, MC, etc that they earned since the patch. So, I guess we have to make the best of this and help PGI figure out how to improve on the current situation.

Knowing how many are clan vs IS doesn't really give you enough information to make an informed decision about which faction to join. There's no way to know how many of those people will be on during the same times that you're playing. It is at best a very rough estimate.

I understand that it may be hard to implement something that allows teams to change factions within the same phase, but I strongly urge you to look deeper into this to see what can be done.

Tonight, our unit had about 20 people dropping in faction play. We had groups of 12 and 8. We were getting stuck waiting for the other side to get enough people to launch 1 game. At one point, the 8 member group saw the queue get as high as 20 while waiting for IS to get enough people for one match. Finally, IS had enough people for a game. Even though we had waited for multiple cycles, another group was picked to start a match. We don't know if we were skipped because another group had been waiting longer, or if the available groups were all larger than 4 and unable to match up with us. Doesn't really matter. In the end, we were stuck over 10 minutes before we gave up and decided to do quick play. Wasn't much longer before the other 12 member team also gave up on waiting for matches and moved to QP as well.

If we were allowed to change factions, I know our 8 member group would of moved over to the other side so that we could get matches. Then, when we logged in the next time, we would check with those already playing to see if we should rejoin the rest of the unit or remain IS so that more games could be launched.

What about limiting how often you can change factions? Limit it to once a day that resets at a certain time. Something like midnight Pacific / 3am Eastern. I think a specific time would be preferable to once in 24 hours. This way everybody knows when they can change again during the conflict.

#29 Frankensiefken

Rookie

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 02:33 AM

Hi I don't use forums very often and you'll see why but I'm a longtime fan of the game and a longtime unit leader with one of the most active FW units to date. Formally RSOR (Rasalhague Special Operations Regiment) Now (Ghost's of Nox) I've seen the conflict in the forums/discords for a long time and I've never really put any input in but I will try today.

So am I to understand that the leader-boards are shutdown so units/players can participate in the events without effecting anything on said leader board? Additionally for the people who don't have clan/IS mechs you could just use trial mechs. I really think that this update is a good move for growth if MWO is going to ever get new players. So I've played several games and I really like that you know what game mode your dropping in it makes it easier to plan/decide what to do as a unit or a solo player (deck selection) instead of having to scramble in under a minute to have a specific strategy. I really think that most of the top tier units played for leader-board rankings which was very strange as planets taken gave you the #1 spot pretty easily. I think a good amount of those individuals need to realize that MWO FW was never really a competitive game mode but we as the community made it that way. I guess at the end of the day we have to ask ourselves do we want to have a competitive FW mode in private lobby so those units can fight and still earn rewards. Or do we want to have a public Que to draw in new players to keep the game so many of us enjoy alive and well.

I will table this for the group/dev's adjust the private lobby to include FW so MRBC/NBT or someone can make a league for units/teams to fight in. Or add a 12 man Que separate from the public one allowing the 12 man que to retain Faction loyalty and update a separate leader-board. Essentially separating the tag less (unit less) from the competitive.

#30 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 26 May 2019 - 02:37 AM

Just let us swap sides, change the lobby timer to 2 min and bump conquest up to 2000 points for victory and leave us alone. Just stop. We ask for things and you give us other random stuff. Please just stop before you break it even more.

#31 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 26 May 2019 - 05:33 AM

View PostCoyote_, on 26 May 2019 - 02:33 AM, said:

I really think that most of the top tier units played for leader-board rankings which was very strange as planets taken gave you the #1 spot pretty easily. I think a good amount of those individuals need to realize that MWO FW was never really a competitive game mode but we as the community made it that way. I guess at the end of the day we have to ask ourselves do we want to have a competitive FW mode in private lobby so those units can fight and still earn rewards. Or do we want to have a public Que to draw in new players to keep the game so many of us enjoy alive and well.

I'd say a PvP game is inherently competitive if humans are playing it. Make a private lobby for all those that like to be nice n dandy and hold hands while singing Kumbaya.

#32 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:35 AM

Posted Image

#33 Aiden Skye

• Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:22 AM

I'm confused, what does it mean to be a loyalist now...you're loyalist to one of 2 factions until the conflict is over and the next 2 factions are up? And all my Ghost bear and wolf swag...running them under a different banner is just heresy! Rank 20 grind also just got realllllly stupid.

Edited by W A R K H A N, 26 May 2019 - 10:27 AM.

#34 finegamingconnoisseur

• Pip
  • Sergeant-Major
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:36 AM

Hopefully it gets fixed soon because it’s making me want the old Faction Play from years ago where we could commit long-term to our favourite BattleTech I.S. Great House or Clan. My ‘Mech line are entirely built around the House I barracked for all these years, now suddenly I am forced to choose a different House and even switch over to playing for the Clans... and I have no Clan ‘Mechs owned or customised. Not happy...

#35 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 26 May 2019 - 06:41 PM

Reduce the usage of Scouting to only be a very short starter Phase if and only if the story needs it.

A few of us like scounting how about improve it so everyone would want to play>?

Edited by Monkey Lover, 26 May 2019 - 06:49 PM.

#36 RMR

• PipPip
  • Captain
  • Captain
  • 48 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationEast coast USA

Posted 26 May 2019 - 06:55 PM

One problem I have with faction Warfare as a pug is the fact that any 12-man can come in and base rush, kill the objective quickly and without having to defeat the enemy mechs. which makes the game short and pointless. Making the total destruction of the enemy force a primary objective would at least give us the chance of a good battle.

Edited by RMR, 26 May 2019 - 06:56 PM.

#37 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 12:39 AM

Barebone feedback cuz it will get ignored anyway.

1) No faction switch is absolute cancer on current FP pop and should be #1 priority which was stated everywhere yet in OP this issue is completely neglected which again shows how you listen to said feedback
2) Do whatever you want with that mess but huge portion of MWO population tied in some way to respective factions and removing ability to have their banner was a shotgun shot to your freaking leg
3) Scouting maximum 1 hour to 8-12 hours of actual FP
4) Remove Incursion until it recieves rework at least in terms of heavily increased turret efficiency and base HP
5) Seige Omega shield generators HP increase
6) Conquest points increase to minimum of 1500, preferably to 1750
7) Big bonuses to loyalists because even at previous system 10 probation matches were punishing enough if you needed to change side

Everything above requires little to none development time and crucial to FP, next stuff that will require said time and is more optional:

8) Siege map reworks (never will be done ofc)
9) Match forfeit when kill count lead for either side is 18 kills (1.5 wave) with respectable bonus to victory side of about +25% on cbills and XP
10) Repair the system of units seizing planets
11) For once make FP stats separate from QP on everything

As personal IMO:
12) Slight reduction of drop deck tonnage by 10 tons for both sides

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 27 May 2019 - 02:02 AM.

#38 BenMillard

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 38 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:52 AM

The biggest lesson for PGI here is don't use your 'B Ship' team to make MWO FP patches with unchallenged scope creep, absent code review and inadequate testing.

The warnings signs were glaring when this patch kept getting delayed after delay after delay.

SO MANY technical regressions, on top of gameplay-breaking faction funnelling and half-baked UI.

Set a scope that is achievable for the skeleton team you apparently use for MWO these days. If that means solely quality of life stuff, fine. It is desperately needed and there's plenty of low-hanging fruit that would make players happy.

Drag and drop weapons between components! Seriously... it's only a little more complex than how heat sinks and ammo can be dragged around. Let us type into the ammo value boxes like a standard Windows up/down (aka 'spinner') control, clamping to the limits and only accepting numerical keystrokes. Scrollwheel over a spinner should increase/decrease the value. MechLab is half the game across all modes - give it some love!

Oh yeah and remember: don't run live events during PTS, announce PTS early with the rewards, don't run PTS on weekdays, don't run PTS for only 3 days...

When the absolute basics are being done wrong then you are not using the right people.

Edited by BenMillard, 28 May 2019 - 09:50 AM.

#39 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:45 PM

Thanks, Paul
Posted Image

Edited by McGoat, 27 May 2019 - 04:45 PM.

#40 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:54 AM

No on the fly faction switching means there's always the chance of someone logging in, looking at the balance (which probably includes all the inactives/logged off players), signing up for a faction, then the people on the other faction logging off, creating an unbalanced queue for the phase, meaning no games/long wait times for 2-3 hours (if you make each phase only 2-3 hours long).

When there was a stacked queue before, myself and friends were able to switch factions on the fly and get instamatches. In what world is that not a good thing??!!

Not playing this game until that's fixed. Don't want the chance of logging in and not being able to find a match because I signed up for the wrong faction. Fix this asap, and maybe I'll log back in. The longer it takes to fix faction switching, the more likely I (and I assume some others) will find other multiplayer FPS games to play.

The fact that it will take an entire month to fix that, and even then you will only allow switching between phases is unacceptable. For a a game that's a product as a service, your service is really bad right now.

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 28 May 2019 - 09:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users