Mwo Dev Update New Date!

279 replies to this topic

#21 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 11:48 PM

On a side note, that Dervish blueprint makes it look like something out of Patlabor, which is nice

#22 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 May 2019 - 02:54 AM

Just putting this here so I can come back an say I told you so.

Russ will
  • - Announce the end of monthly patch cycle for MWO
  • - Announce the date MWO servers will shut down
  • - Express hope that the community can mod in PvP in MW5 and says that PGI staff is always there to answer any questions
  • - No new mechpacks
  • - No mechcon this year. At least not in the same way as before
  • - Limited, online only WC with in-game prizes.
  • - MW5 promotion
  • - Gives a vague roadmaps for maintaining FP in MWO over the next couple months.
  • - Will say that they are talking with microsoft about the future of the franchise after MW5 and a theoretical MWO2

I'll see you on Friday!

#23 K4I 4LL4RD LI4O

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:08 AM

Navid I hope you are wrong, but what you predict are my feelings exactly.

#24 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:21 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 28 May 2019 - 02:54 AM, said:

Russ will
  • - Express hope that the community can mod in PvP in MW5 and says that PGI staff is always there to answer any questions
  • - No new mechpacks
  • - MW5 promotion
  • - Gives a vague roadmaps for maintaining FP in MWO over the next couple months.
  • - Will say that they are talking with microsoft about the future of the franchise after MW5 and a theoretical MWO2
I'll see you on Friday!

My opinion only:

First, they will NEVER announce the shutting down of the game. IF it happens (I think it's too early, there's still some more blood in this stone), it will just go dark one day for "server maintenance", and that will be it. Followed by the "server maintenance" to the forums, and BANG, they're dead.

Same thing goes for patch updates. They will never announce "No More Patches". They will just stop coming. How are we going to know the difference (for a while I mean)? Other than not being able to log onto the forums, or the game servers I mean. PGI has "built" their reputation on not communicating to the player base. They've been pretty consistent about this for the last 7 years. Now, all of the sudden, at The End Of All Things, you think they're really going to step out of their normal play book and tell us all about it?

Right.

Not buying it.

What we'll get is some random, squishy, nonsensical and vague statements about "The Future", and "Wait For MechCon" ®

I doubt we hear anything of substance at all.

PGI will not suddenly stop being PGI.

#25 RakiaTime

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:24 AM

Russ will
  • - No new mechpacks
  • - MW5 promotion
I'll see you on Friday!

nope, wont see you on friday, you wont show your face after being that spectacularly wrong

here are my 2 cents, in the last 4 months i have played more matches and put more money in this than i have in the last 6 years, in my opinion the game is the best it ever has been and i hope Russ announces that they are sticking to what they're doing

Edited by Rakia Time, 28 May 2019 - 04:38 AM.

#26 Rockcrusher

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 05:23 AM

View PostRakia Time, on 28 May 2019 - 04:24 AM, said:

here are my 2 cents, in the last 4 months i have played more matches and put more money in this than i have in the last 6 years, in my opinion the game is the best it ever has been and i hope Russ announces that they are sticking to what they're doing

Try FP sometime soon, [redacted]

Edited by Tina Benoit, 29 May 2019 - 09:37 AM.
nonconstructive/insulting

#27 RakiaTime

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:23 AM

View PostRockcrusher, on 28 May 2019 - 05:23 AM, said:

Try FP sometime soon,[redacted]

i played some on the weekend, i liked it

Edited by Tina Benoit, 29 May 2019 - 09:38 AM.
clean up quote

#28 Shade4x

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:18 AM

View PostRakia Time, on 28 May 2019 - 06:23 AM, said:

i played some on the weekend, i liked it

And i quote "Nascar is a superior tactic".

I'm going to guess fanboyism, or you play ever QP match as a LL raven, last hitting mech's.... To test this, i'd like to ask you one more question. Did you think $500 golden mech's was a good or bad idea?

#29 RakiaTime

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:41 AM

View PostShade4x, on 28 May 2019 - 07:18 AM, said:

And i quote "Nascar is a superior tactic".

I'm going to guess fanboyism, or you play ever QP match as a LL raven, last hitting mech's.... To test this, i'd like to ask you one more question. Did you think $500 golden mech's was a good or bad idea?

its a "i dont care idea", its not something id ever buy but if people did good for them

also raven? id rather kill myself, a simple check will tell you that i only play 5% lights and in the last month ive played 61% assault

#30 AlphaPiAlpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:57 AM

No one cares about Mechon or MWOWC (this is not really a game for E Sports, it never was, it just works so so..)
FIX FP and GAME MECHANICS and bring us MAPS AND STUFFF to keep the game alive...

#boycottpgi

#31 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:58 AM

Here we go again......
Standing by with my popcorn

#32 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:21 AM

Something I'd like to ask, (aside from FW) will the dervish actually have missle doors on the lt/rt and if so, will it maintain the 30% damage reduction if they are closed?

#33 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:30 AM

It's 20% Dam Red and yes, I'd take a bet on that it has missile doors. Unless they open without .5s delay, then it will be 10% dam red.

#34 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:10 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 28 May 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

It's 20% Dam Red and yes, I'd take a bet on that it has missile doors. Unless they open without .5s delay, then it will be 10% dam red.

Dang... its gonna be a better phaket.

#35 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:41 AM

I don't care about FP, I just wanna know what the next new 'Mech(s) will be (if there are any).

#36 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:56 AM

They are switching to the Unreal Engine, which will take time but they believe it will be worth the effort. The engine switch will also allow them to finally perform a technology/timeline leap which was previously difficult, with the rapid fire effect of some of the new weapons such as the HAG being an issue with the current engine. Due to ongoing work on MW5 plus the MWO upgrade, there won't be any new 'Mech packs for a while, but work will continue on FP and when the engine update launches, there will be a 4 'Mech pack dropping with a pricing strategy similar to the Phoenix pack. There won't be a Mechwarrior tournament this year, since almost nobody outside of OutrageHPG watches it anyway and those guys wouldn't know gratitude if it was released from a North Korean prison.

Also, Russ has chopped off 4 of Paul's fingers, one for each of the remaining FP players who were annoyed by that whole loyalist thingy.

Edited by RickySpanish, 28 May 2019 - 11:14 AM.

#37 Stargazzer811

• PipPipPip
  • The Moonwalker
  • The Moonwalker
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAn experimental SLDF McKenna class Battleship, waiting for Clan Nova Cat to return to the Inner Sphere in 3160

Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:02 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 28 May 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

They are switching to the Unreal Engine, which will take time but they believe it will be worth the effort. The engine switch will also allow them to finally perform a technology/timeline leap which was previously difficult, with the rapid fire effect of some of the new weapons such as the HAG being an issue with the current engine. Due to ongoing work on MW5 plus the MWO upgrade, there won't be any new 'Mech packs for a while, but work will continue on FP and when the engine update launches, there will be a 4 'Mech pack dropping with a pricing strategy similar to the Phoenix pack. There won't be a Mechwarrior tournament this year, since almost nobody outside of OutreachHPG watches it anyway and those guys wouldn't know gratitude if it was released from a North Korean prison.

Also, Russ has chopped off 4 of Paul's fingers, one for each of the remaining FP players who were annoyed by that whole loyalist thingy.

This is the least salty comment here. Thank you for being the voice of reason in these troubled times. You give me hope.

#38 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:13 AM

View PostAvalon91211, on 28 May 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

This is the least salty comment here. Thank you for being the voice of reason in these troubled times. You give me hope.

Yeah I think Paul's lucky to lose only a couple of digits, if it were up to OutrageHPG they'd have his scalp.

#39 Toxicresidue

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 80 posts
  • Locationcorpus christi texas

Posted 28 May 2019 - 05:35 PM

Russ will
  • - No new mechpacks
  • - MW5 promotion
I'll see you on Friday!

I said that a year ago, ending game so they can get mw5 going. madness Posted Image

#40 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:17 PM

View PostRakia Time, on 28 May 2019 - 04:24 AM, said:

Russ will
  • - No new mechpacks
  • - MW5 promotion
I'll see you on Friday!

nope, wont see you on friday, you wont show your face after being that spectacularly wrong

"Spectacularly wrong", eh? lol, ok!
It's ok my dude. If you are enjoying that game, then good for you, keep doing what you're doing.

[redacted]

Edited by Tina Benoit, 29 May 2019 - 09:39 AM.
discussing moderation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users