Hot-Fix Scheduled For 28-May-2019

34 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:40 PM

A Hot-Fix is scheduled to occur tomorrow, May 28th at 11:00AM PDT (18:00 UTC), to address the following fixes: - Fixed a Bug where the web Profile Page function to assign LP to a Faction was causing an error.
- Fixed a bug where the Faction Play Unit Coffer management wasn't allowing MC Distribution.
- Fixed a bug where Mercenary RP (Reputation Points) were not being properly rewarded at the end of a match in Faction Play.

#2 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:09 PM

K

#3 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:22 PM

Roll back Faction Play

#4 starscream75

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts
  • Locationalabama

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:24 PM

how about fixing the problem from last hot fix where i lost my clan wolf loyalty tag and all chat.thank you

#5 MechWpnsTech

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:30 PM

View Poststarscream75, on 27 May 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

how about fixing the problem from last hot fix where i lost my clan wolf loyalty tag and all chat.thank you

agreed, when can loyalty faction members return to their own factions/clans and this fubar will be over

#6 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:31 PM

When can i stop being a dirty merc?

Edited by Monkey Lover, 27 May 2019 - 03:32 PM.

#7 Stargazzer811

• PipPipPip
  • The Moonwalker
  • The Moonwalker
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAn experimental SLDF McKenna class Battleship, waiting for Clan Nova Cat to return to the Inner Sphere in 3160

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:25 PM

View Posttee5, on 27 May 2019 - 03:22 PM, said:

Roll back Faction Play

I believe Paul already said this won't ever happen due to coding so you need to stop while you're ahead and deal with it good sir or madam. Please have a nice day.

View PostMechWpnsTech, on 27 May 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

agreed, when can loyalty faction members return to their own factions/clans and this fubar will be over

I would appreciate being a Nova Cat loyalist again for longer then just the current CW event, but I just do that because I like Nova Cats. I don't actually play CW, I gave up on it years ago.

#8 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:48 PM

Thanks, Paul
Posted Image

#9 Rockcrusher

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:25 PM

@ PGI

Some problems with FP which are still to be solved after this hotfix:
* Separation of Scouting and Invasion has to be put back in.
* Chance for the Mercs to change faction during the FP events to counter population inbalances.
* Randomness of game modes to play: hours or even days of conquest or siege are no fun. Who wants to be a masochist and play siege - attack territory for hours on end where the odds are heavely against the attackers???
Turn back to the prepatch system, with a randomized chance to play different game modes without knowing the mode one will play in advance.
* Increase the bonus payouts for the Mercs: 5% are ridiculous. Increase likewise the bonus XP for the freelancers.
* Bring back the diverse Merc contracts with different bonuses or other benefits.
* Let the loyalist stay with their prefered faction so they can grind LP with the faction of their chosing. Bring them into the conflicts by allying them with other factions, which are part of an event.

A suggestion for more FP action, if you like (or care) to know:
In addition to the proposed changes above you can increase the interest in FP dramaticly by adding a small MC payout for the winner team of an invasion match. Nothing drastic, 5 to 10 MC or so should do the trick. The basic of all marketing are incentives! Small MC amounts are good incentives for people to grind and subsequently to play the FP mode!
Alternatively you can supply the winner team people with an ultra rare supply cache or something, which can contain MC.

Please PGI, make FP great! There is so much potetial in this game mode you don't use at the moment.

Edited by Rockcrusher, 27 May 2019 - 05:30 PM.

#10 Gully D

• PipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:39 PM

• SO we could ask for a rollback-
  • we could Crowd fund a rollback- better than buying a Mechpack??
  • or could we ask for a separate server for prior FP modes (again not a tech so dont know if this is plausible)
sorry if this has been explored before

Still prefer to buy the company out.?

#11 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 27 May 2019 - 07:11 PM

Roll back Faction Play.

And I'm well aware of the horseshit excuses Paul has uttered.

#12 AlphaPiAlpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 27 May 2019 - 09:35 PM

What's with things like the leaderboards for FP?

#13 Hanky Spam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:08 PM

That's so kind of you guys that you still didn't manage to address the randomization of modes being played. Posted Image

#14 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:57 PM

Well at least Mercenary players can earn Mercenary points again...

Another disappointing update announcement for everyone else who's unhappy really.

#15 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 28 May 2019 - 12:23 AM

I thought Merc's dont gain anymore Faction Points and only 5% more C-bills?

#16 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 12:31 AM

It took them NINE MONTHs to produce this very very bugged CW. And it was tested on PTS servers. And it still got maybe 15 or more bugs and bad decisions in it. Ridiculous.

- days long phases of only one game mode
- no merc points
- no leaderboards
- Players in one Unit can be both factions of the conflict
- MC coffers not working
- Loyality Points not working
- Tonnage limits for IS not working
- attacking team was not always set as attackers, same in scouting
- planet owner ship was not working
- Special Events tracking progress was not working
- counter beeping every 10 seconds, MWO Icon flashing the whole time, instead only when you get a match
- Loyalist lost their permanetn Loyality, which made them mad.
- you can not level one faction, because with Conflict system not possible
- people who like scouting are pissed, because Scouting phase will be short to not existent
- people who hate scouting are pissed, because there is Scouting in the Conflict.
- people are not allowed to switch between factions, mercs and loyalists, to even out the groups, very imbalanced queue.

And this company, who has not seen one of these problems in foresight, shall develop your God and Savior
MW:5 Mercenaries?

I highly doubt it.

#17 Cecily Fairchild

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 01:34 AM

Sorry if bothering, but Shadow Hawk bolt on is still flipped....
Posted Image

#18 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 01:45 AM

Just let us switch factions to balance the queue, we only want to balance the queue. Maybe some of the good players could split into 2 teams to give them some competition too...lol that'll never happen.

The whole thing is moot though because if we can't convince a certain number to hit the FP button the group vs pug thing will still happen and the matchmaker will remain irrelevant. It will be especially irrelevant if i can't change teams to balance it, since we don't really give a crap if smoke jaguar or nova cat wins we really just want to play games, it took me quite a while to realise its in my best interests to simply remain a freelancer.

At least you are trying PGI, i appreciate it, i love the FP format with the drop decks because it gives us a reason to collect mechs of different types, but now we had a day of conquest i gave up after one game, i like the odd conquest game because its the best chance for pugs to deal to teams, but after a while its 20 minutes of shuttle runs with a light a crap score and f all c bills win or lose.

And that ugly damn ghost jaguar next to my name, why the hell did i do that.

#19 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 28 May 2019 - 02:04 AM

View PostAvalon91211, on 27 May 2019 - 04:25 PM, said:

I believe Paul already said this won't ever happen due to coding so you need to stop while you're ahead and deal with it good sir or madam. Please have a nice day.

I would appreciate being a Nova Cat loyalist again for longer then just the current CW event, but I just do that because I like Nova Cats. I don't actually play CW, I gave up on it years ago.

So in essence, you are saying that PGI are well within their rights to act with a level of incompetence that beggars belief, in that they don't keep back ups of developmental stages of their software, starting from the original source and including all stepped developmental stages - something even a senior school student knows to do? Simply stating that coding has changed does not mean that the game cannot be rolled back to an earlier version and bin that changes that virtually nobody wanted or asked for.

First rule of finding yourself in a hole is to stop digging, not bring in bigger gear to make the hole deeper than it already is.

However, looking at the itinerary for the Dev Meeting and the patch today (28.05.19), PGI have simply given the players the bird and are continuing to follow the destructive path of alienating its most important resource - player loyalty and the money that follows with that support.

WP GG FO! to the people paying your salaries :P

#20 Warschnuffel

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 62 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationMünster

Posted 28 May 2019 - 02:13 AM

I still think the circumstances tell the story. The engine this game runs on is old, has very limited support and not many people still use ist so you won't find payable programmers for bigger projects like this. This is, why they trial and error so much, why they need so much time etc. At least thats what i think and maybe i am dead wrong. :o

I really hope the convert MW:O to the unreal engine they are now used to in developing mw5. I would love to keep playing this game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users