What Would Make You Spend Money On Mwo Again?

115 replies to this topic

#41 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 01 June 2019 - 09:43 PM

Regardless, none of that matters to me if the game will be closing down within the next few years. That's the main reason I don't plan to spend any more money.

#42 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:13 PM

thats the problem with MWO right now, people are less confident about spending money on something that might not be around much longer

and lets just say the most recent dev update didnt exactly improve consumer confidence at all...

#43 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 02 June 2019 - 02:11 AM

View PostKhobai, on 01 June 2019 - 11:13 PM, said:

and lets just say the most recent dev update didnt exactly improve consumer confidence at all...

Nor the few other patches. So far the only up for me is the LRM Arc, but that's about it.

#44 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:50 AM

After watching the dev update, nothing.

#45 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 02 June 2019 - 08:33 AM

Switching to Unreal Engine. Game still looks and runs like crap for the hardware it takes.

#46 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 09:13 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 01 June 2019 - 07:51 PM, said:

MWO is a pretty good FPS, but I can see how you might not think that if you actually enjoyed Warhammer Posted Image

I dunno, the RVR was pretty great when it still had a population, then... well, EA happened.

#47 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 05:13 PM

View PostMister Maf, on 01 June 2019 - 09:06 PM, said:

The amount of real cash money for a mech in this game is pretty obscene. The Ultraviolet is almost $50.

I guess you have not seen other games yet.

#48 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 02 June 2019 - 08:17 PM

i would have said rolling back CW to phase 2, but since reading the dev update nothing, wont spend another cent on game thats going to be gone in year max

#49 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 09:20 PM

View PostAnjian, on 02 June 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

I guess you have not seen other games yet.

at least when you spend $50 in other games you dont end up with an ultraviolet... its not even a good mech.

#50 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest, USA

Posted 02 June 2019 - 09:48 PM

Release the Fire Falcon and/or Turkina MechPacks

#51 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 09:57 PM

yeah im sure the Turkina, aka way worse Daishi, will save the game :P

#52 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:07 PM

View PostKhobai, on 02 June 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

at least when you spend $50 in other games you dont end up with an ultraviolet... its not even a good mech.

Wait till you see robots and weapons placed on a gacha.

#53 Moebius Pi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 211 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:38 PM

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

View PostW A R K H A N, on 02 June 2019 - 08:33 AM, said:

Switching to Unreal Engine. Game still looks and runs like crap for the hardware it takes.

I'd rather spend the money on MWO2 or pvp addon for MW5, or what not ported/rebuilt into that... than this game knowing where the money is going to end up. PGI has shown it's a bad idea to fire money blindly their way and expecting much for it. When they have a working product to show, maybe then. Putting money into -this- game though and expecting it's magically going to help another PVP version though seems heavily misplaced; they don't even know if they'll have IP rights next year.

#54 DeathWind001X

• Pip
  • The Pirate
  • The Pirate
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 11:02 PM

Ala carte (S) variant mechs. I’d buy (S) variants of stuff like the MCII-B, ANH-1X etc. I’ve got money to burn and not a hell lot of time so I like mechs with C-bills bonuses.

Mech packs have always struck me as kinda lousy way to do sales as there’s always lemons in the line up. Or sometimes the whole line up is lemons (looking at you WHM-IIC, looks good but plays like hot shat). Which is why I don’t pre-order anymore.

View PostAnjian, on 02 June 2019 - 10:07 PM, said:

Wait till you see robots and weapons placed on a gacha.

That game has serious power creep issues. And is a no holds barred pay2win. Do NOT play that game.

#55 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 02 June 2019 - 11:05 PM

Threads like this want me to buy MC, just to spite the OP. Top thing on his list was "let me the community be in charge of the game." Some of the suggestions are decent, but the self-important arrogance of a lot of posters makes me want to actually spend money just to spite them.

#56 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 03 June 2019 - 06:53 AM

After that dev update? Nothing could convince me to spend money on this game again.

Edited by Mole, 03 June 2019 - 06:53 AM.

#57 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:08 AM

As a person who has played several years of MWO pretty consistently, I am just burned out, I have had my fill of the game. I'm not upset with MWO (at least I haven't been in a couple of years), and I am not looking forward to anything being added to lure me back in. I have played several years of a title I enjoyed, and now I am looking to the future of the franchise.

That means anticipating the launch of MW5, looking forward to future HBS BattleTech content, and possibly a MechAssault 3 (if the Leak/Rumor turns out to be true). MWO will hold a fond place in my gaming heart, and I hope that once it has officially run it's course, it will be made available to the community to continue it on in some fashion (probably VERY wishful thinking).

So overall, I have moved on from MWO, and am looking forward to new/newer games in the franchise.

#58 Electron Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:50 AM

Bring over the procedurally generated maps ! ! !

#59 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 09:29 AM

A campaign mode with actual salvage and loot purchasable based on what planet you're on in the BT universe. Wouldn't even have to be PVE. It could still be PVP. But the idea would be that you queue in with a stock mech. You'd choose a contract payout that favors c-bills, salvage, or something in between.

The downside with this idea is that people would only play with people who have the same number of battles as they do.
I'm sure it would have issues. Especially in the late campaign. But it would be interesting to see what kind of builds would come up out of salvage and desperation as their loot runs out. Wonder if certain weapons would become meta, not because they were the best, but because they were cost effective, easier to replace.

I'd come back to try something like that. It doesn't sound unfeasible for even PGI to manage something like that. Instead of something as niche as Solaris.

#60 Achle

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 09:46 AM

I still spend money on it but now I am scared with all the talk of it being back burnered.

I like the game but feel I am stuck in QP now. I prefer FW.

I think a better FW system would help..something other then QP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users