#1 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:07 PM

Can we please have it limited to 1 hour in every 24 hours please. I know some ppl may like it but most people play this game to shoot big stompey mechs. now run around and stand still on a cap point for 2 min then run to next one. It is boring and the people who can increase the cap from 1250 to 1800 does not like to listen to us. But I know they people who make the events/phases do.

#2 evil kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:43 PM

When i was playing last night on 8ncursion, the same 2 guys brought stealth lights every game and base rushed, didnt kill the enemy base, then died. We were effectively 2 mechs down each wave and it sucked. This went on for many hours (so like 3 games, lol).

In light of that experience, i support OPs cause. Make phases shorter!

Edited by evilelrond, 12 June 2019 - 02:01 PM.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:07 PM

fp conquest is one of the better modes in the game. for one the game time is usually short enough where everyone needs to be more aggressive and take bigger risks. since its unlikely that you will use all your mechs before the game is over. if you arent shooting mechs the whole time you are doing it wrong (like if you bring slow mechs). it maximizes play time and minimizes dead time.

though any one mode/map is going to get old fast no matter what it is.

Edited by LordNothing, 12 June 2019 - 04:12 PM.

#4 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:27 PM

I really, really like conquest, double so in faction.

but even I can't stand an hour of nothing-but-conquest - let alone four hours.
I think paul has something in the pipe to change modes up (again), but we really need it !fast!

atm, I can't bear to do more than 1-2 fp-games per evening - whereas before, whole evenings were happily spent there.

#5 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:32 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 12 June 2019 - 04:07 PM, said:

fp conquest is one of the better modes in the game. for one the game time is usually short enough where everyone needs to be more aggressive and take bigger risks. since its unlikely that you will use all your mechs before the game is over. if you arent shooting mechs the whole time you are doing it wrong (like if you bring slow mechs). it maximizes play time and minimizes dead time.

though any one mode/map is going to get old fast no matter what it is.

I totally get why people like conquest, it's very dynamic compared to other modes, with small fights all over the place, unfortunately a lot of people see that as a downside, I also find it's probably the mode that creates the worst imbalance between an organized group with comms and your run of the mill pug group

the problem I have with it is that it basically requires you to throw mechs away. I feel like when I'm playing conquest I can just be totally reckless and just stupidly charge at things, personally I've never gone through 4 mechs, so it kind of makes me play worse than I would other modes since I'm just throwing mechs at conquest points

on the flip side I like how it requires different kinds of mechs and stuff, where else am I going to get full utility out of things like ppc poptarting linebacker :)

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:32 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 12 June 2019 - 04:32 PM, said:

I totally get why people like conquest, it's very dynamic compared to other modes, with small fights all over the place, unfortunately a lot of people see that as a downside, I also find it's probably the mode that creates the worst imbalance between an organized group with comms and your run of the mill pug group

the problem I have with it is that it basically requires you to throw mechs away. I feel like when I'm playing conquest I can just be totally reckless and just stupidly charge at things, personally I've never gone through 4 mechs, so it kind of makes me play worse than I would other modes since I'm just throwing mechs at conquest points

on the flip side I like how it requires different kinds of mechs and stuff, where else am I going to get full utility out of things like ppc poptarting linebacker Posted Image

in conquest the waste comes when you lose and have a couple mechs left. its the law of the minimum, the least abundant resource dictates the outcome. in the case of conquest time trumps mechs every time. if you can block a cap for 30 seconds its often worth it even if you die in the process. its a complete 180 from say skirmish where survival becomes paramount. variety is good.

if i were to actually pick a mode to rip out it would be domination. whoever runs the fastest mechs can often take up positions on the enemy's side of the ring and shut them out in short order. or you end up just doing close quarters skirmish, or end up trading endlessly, which i find rather tedious and boring.

#7 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 12 June 2019 - 07:43 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 12 June 2019 - 06:32 PM, said:

in conquest the waste comes when you lose and have a couple mechs left. its the law of the minimum, the least abundant resource dictates the outcome. in the case of conquest time trumps mechs every time. if you can block a cap for 30 seconds its often worth it even if you die in the process. its a complete 180 from say skirmish where survival becomes paramount. variety is good.

if i were to actually pick a mode to rip out it would be domination. whoever runs the fastest mechs can often take up positions on the enemy's side of the ring and shut them out in short order. or you end up just doing close quarters skirmish, or end up trading endlessly, which i find rather tedious and boring.

At least domination still forces a fight. Nothing deserves to go like incursion, it's just team that chooses to ignore enemy and bring tanking building shooting meta wins (unless the skill disparity is massive)

#8 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:06 PM

Conquest if the tickets were upped - wouldn't be so bad. I mean still painful, no argument there.

A lot of the pain comes from conquest games just being a headless chicken fest and the games are over most of the time before people get into 2nd wave mechs (Max 15mins usually). People play FP because it is 4 mechs, longer engagement battles and so on and also the fact games are consistently 15mins+. When it's the opposite and a max of 15mins, it's tedious. Plus lowered cbills payouts and all that jazz.

If tickets were higher, so like 1650+ it would allow games to play out a bit longer and mean that people don't have to just run around for 10mins and cap and do nothing else or lose the match.

#9 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:48 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 12 June 2019 - 11:06 PM, said:

Conquest if the tickets were upped - wouldn't be so bad. I mean still painful, no argument there.

A lot of the pain comes from conquest games just being a headless chicken fest and the games are over most of the time before people get into 2nd wave mechs (Max 15mins usually). People play FP because it is 4 mechs, longer engagement battles and so on and also the fact games are consistently 15mins+. When it's the opposite and a max of 15mins, it's tedious. Plus lowered cbills payouts and all that jazz.

If tickets were higher, so like 1650+ it would allow games to play out a bit longer and mean that people don't have to just run around for 10mins and cap and do nothing else or lose the match.

Points are good where they are at.

3 point control strategy works. Dont be in slow assaults murder balling.

Capping payouts SHOULD be more... it is the point of the game mode ffs.

#10 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 01:59 PM

That is it. Says it all in the Topic Title. More Siege less of the other 2. played 6 games 3 conquest 3 Incursion and 0 Siege. Siege was on the active game modes but NONE! Please fix this Chris or Paul or Tina or whoever is in charge of this.

#11 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 02:01 PM

If we do have to play this game mode, please increase the ticket count from 1250 to 1500 or 1800. This has been requested since the game mode was introduced.

#12 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 02:40 PM

Yeah, I think 1400 would be nice.

Conquest is seriously the only QP mode I like playing in FP other than maybe skirmish.

#13 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 329 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:54 PM

I see you are more stubborn then I am, yesterday I gave up after 2 conquests and 2 incursions and went to watch TV.

#14 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:03 AM

View PostvonJerg, on 27 June 2019 - 10:54 PM, said:

I see you are more stubborn then I am, yesterday I gave up after 2 conquests and 2 incursions and went to watch TV.

I'm less stubborn then the both of you!
I gave up in November and now prowl around the forums only in the darkness. :P

Posted Image

#15 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:18 AM

Played 3 games, conquest on forest colony, incursion on polar, assault on river city.

River city was semi-fun.

I was going to stream, but I'm glad I didnt. The first 2 games i almost didnt finish.

#16 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:20 AM

Pretty much everyone wants Faction Play to be Siege plus Hold Territory and Counter Attack. Paul... please help make this happen.

#17 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:42 AM

bring back counter-attack / hold territory!!!!!!!11111!!!!!!111111

#18 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 29 June 2019 - 05:29 AM

What's the point of ***any*** game mode if they're not tied together. This is what CW should have been.

#19 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 02:33 PM

Not sure if you seen the last post I made, but can some one from the staff of PGI please let the population know you are aware of the issue. We need a higher ticket count in Conquest or the removal of it from faction play. Also can you increase the frequency that Siege is available please.

Thanks.

#20 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 10:08 PM

Dude conquest is actually pretty legit in faction.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users