Patch Notes - 1.4.211.0 - 18-Jun-2019

163 replies to this topic

#141 Pure_NZ

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts
  • LocationHuntress - Pahn City (X:Y Coordinates: 49.19:1,756.45)

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:47 PM

View PostY E O N N E, on 24 June 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

But you know what they require, and what most players have a deficit of? Hand-eye coordination. You can't get a lock and an insta-frag while drooling over your keyboard like you can with Streaks or ATMs, so they go "BUT LIGHTS OP!"

That being said, I will say Commandos are harder to kill than you would expect. The good news is that they are extremely easy to disarm, so do that and don't worry about him anymore.

And no, I do not use missiles. I am a Clanner, only the talentless freebirths use missiles. Everybody who knows me can confirm this. You are assuming again.

Edited by Pure NZ, 24 June 2019 - 08:48 PM.

#142 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:09 AM

Muh batchall?

#143 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:46 AM

ROFL.

Lets check the Lore. Do Bloodname trueborn Elite pilots use LRM????

Upsi...THEY DO!!!
Widowmaker LRM The configuration of Dire Wolf piloted by Natasha Kerensky at her Trial of Position to test out as a MechWarrior on 21 July 3051. For long range combat, the ER PPCs are replaced by shoulder-mounted twin LRM-20 launchers with 24 racks, first half being Swarm LRMs and backed up by a Large Pulse Laser mounted in each arm. For close combat, the left torso carries three ER Medium Lasers in triangular configuration in the chest and the stubby LB-X Autocannon/20 with 10 cluster rounds under-slung on the right torso. For when things gets dicey, a "fire and forget" SRM-6 one-shot launcher above cockpit, just aft of the hatch and only 20 double strength heat sinks. This configuration was just for her Trial of Position and not used again.[26] BV (2.0) = 2,928 SHE USED LRM ON A TOP!!! So stop talking ******** about skill.

#144 Pure_NZ

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 04:00 AM

View PostKinski Orlawisch, on 25 June 2019 - 01:46 AM, said:

ROFL.

Upsi...THEY DO!!!
Widowmaker LRM The configuration of Dire Wolf piloted by Natasha Kerensky at her Trial of Position to test out as a MechWarrior on 21 July 3051. For long range combat, the ER PPCs are replaced by shoulder-mounted twin LRM-20 launchers with 24 racks, first half being Swarm LRMs and backed up by a Large Pulse Laser mounted in each arm. For close combat, the left torso carries three ER Medium Lasers in triangular configuration in the chest and the stubby LB-X Autocannon/20 with 10 cluster rounds under-slung on the right torso. For when things gets dicey, a "fire and forget" SRM-6 one-shot launcher above cockpit, just aft of the hatch and only 20 double strength heat sinks. This configuration was just for her Trial of Position and not used again.[26] BV (2.0) = 2,928 SHE USED LRM ON A TOP!!! So stop talking ******** about skill.

Some exceptions do not make rules, [Redacted]. Of course the missiles are needed between the Clans also. But talking about that 1%...

Edited by draiocht, 25 June 2019 - 09:33 AM.
unconstructive

#145 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 25 June 2019 - 04:27 AM

View PostPure NZ, on 24 June 2019 - 08:47 PM, said:

And no, I do not use missiles. I am a Clanner, only the talentless freebirths use missiles.

View PostPure NZ, on 25 June 2019 - 04:00 AM, said:

Some exceptions do not make rules, [Redacted]. Of course the missiles are needed between the Clans also. But talking about that 1%...

I fail to see the point of Clan mechs literally having any missiles if that's the case. Even the Timber Wolf, it is THE clan mech, the Iconic one, uses LRMs by default. Hell, there's also ATMs, SRMs, and SSRMs, and there are plenty of missile-boats, like the Mad-Dog, Mad-Cat, and Super-Nova.

Now you're just moving the goalpost, and just dismissing anything that goes against what you believe, because it's convenient. I'm quite sure you ain't a Wolf.

Everybody who knows me can confirm this. You are assuming again.

And I'm a 50-foot walrus with [Redacted] syringes for teeth, and raisins for eyes. Everybody who knows me can confirm this.

ROFL.

He said "Missile", not just LRM. And within context, it's probably the lock-ons, so it should be ATMs and SSRMs as well, all of which are used in a variety of different Clan-Mechs.

It's just a no-true-scotsman-fallacy.

Edited by draiocht, 25 June 2019 - 09:46 AM.
inappropriate reference, Quote Clean-up

#146 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 09:03 PM

View PostPure NZ, on 24 June 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

You do not know anything about ny abilities. I hit that commando, raven, anything, it is not problem. The problem is: I should hit them five times with a twin LBX20 and these run further. Only the Locust is close to the reality.
You are wrong. I am talking about experience, and you are presuming only. Everybody sees what is happening many years ago, except you.

I don't give a good goddamn what your abilities are, I am also talking from experience. Whose experience should I believe? Yours or mine? Which one of us has greater than 90% of his MWO play-time in exactly one weight class instead of branching out and playing the other three weight-classes for a non-trivial percentage of his matches?

From where I sit, I have a more informed point of view than you do. Go spend the next four seasons playing Lights, Mediums, and Heavies, then I will think about giving you any consideration.

And no, I do not use missiles. I am a Clanner, only the talentless freebirths use missiles. Everybody who knows me can confirm this. You are assuming again.

I never said YOU, personally, did. If you are incapable of separating out a generalization versus a direct engagement, you have nothing more to say that is of any value to anybody, anywhere.

#147 Pure_NZ

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:31 AM

View PostY E O N N E, on 26 June 2019 - 09:03 PM, said:

I don't give a good goddamn what your abilities are, I am also talking from experience. Whose experience should I believe? Yours or mine? Which one of us has greater than 90% of his MWO play-time in exactly one weight class instead of branching out and playing the other three weight-classes for a non-trivial percentage of his matches?

From where I sit, I have a more informed point of view than you do. Go spend the next four seasons playing Lights, Mediums, and Heavies, then I will think about giving you any consideration.

Really? And have you seen how much time I did spend in the different chassis, or just you found a well-sounded data you can revile me for?
You do not know anything about my recent/actual experience in different chassis. You just try to discredit me based on a single data.
You can not be taken seriously.

#148 Pure_NZ

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:42 AM

ROFL.

Upsi...THEY DO!!!

Natasha Kerensky? Do you bring up a traitor by a way of example, really???
Oh, fire missiles behind cover, hm... Very talented, yes...
An for her Trial of Position: She is a "goodd boy" character in the lore, an utopian character because of the announcement. The writer types what the announcement wants to buy the book. If everybody wants a character should hit its enemy's cockpit's weakest screw, the author will type it in the book and it can be sold.
So, you are speaking stupidities. Just stop talking about a not real person, idiot...

Edited by Pure NZ, 27 June 2019 - 09:48 AM.

#149 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:49 AM

Friends, please stop the hurtful arguing, take a step back and try to see how silly it is. We are all here because we have one huge thing in common, for bad or worse, WE ALL LOVE THIS FRACKEN GAME, and in essence this makes us brothers in arms. We also mainly disapprove of PGI's decision making processes and where it's ultimately leading us.

Let's focus on why we are all here, that is to provide player input to help PGI make the right decisions for this game so that the game can attract new blood and last as long as possible.

On a related note of trying to keep the game alive, I was approached by HHOD's LFT Isaiah KellIsaiah with a proposition that's going out to all units.. and I thought it might be prudent to post what he had to say here:

"Call to Action: The Game is Dying. We need to consolidate our teamspeaks together if we want to easily get 12-man groups together like the good old days. This is the Davion TS3: ts3.hhod.com:7345 and hopefully we can get this hub to become the new ComStar.. the funnel that collects all active players into it. All players are welcome. Channels available upon request. Bookmark it! Thank you for your time.
LFT Isaiah Kell, HHoD, 1st Batt., Alpha Co."

I applaud them for doing this and gave them some suggestions that would facilitate units migrating to their TS including:
-streamlining their hub so unit identities don't get lost in the myriad of channels
-sorting unit channels from top to bottom by skill and activity levels
-changing the hub name from Davion to something more universal
-offering interested units a temporary channel as a first step before units commit

Similiar ideas were attempted in the past with some success, but now more than ever, a melding of teamspeak's is the reasonable thing to do.

I know some will say Discord will do it better but I say that discord is unnecessarily complicated. All we need is a place to be able to communicate and create groups without distractions.

What do you guys think?

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 27 June 2019 - 10:12 AM.

#150 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:36 AM

Lorewise, the only Clan that despises missles are the Goliath Scorpions.

#151 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 03:42 PM

View PostPure NZ, on 27 June 2019 - 09:31 AM, said:

And have you seen how much time I did spend in the different chassis

97% assaults.

https://leaderboard....earch?u=Pure+NZ

#152 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 04:11 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 27 June 2019 - 03:42 PM, said:

97% in an ECM MAD-IIC-D, to be more precise.

In the back and contributing.

Edited by Y E O N N E, 27 June 2019 - 04:11 PM.

#153 Pure_NZ

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 07:14 PM

It is a percentage, not the time.
Can you distinguish the time from the ratio and from the period?
After 11.000 matches that 3% is 330, multiplied by 10mins.
And it is the MWO only, if the 20 years after MW3 released matter. And the MW2...
So, thanks, but I have enough experience in all the chassis.

#154 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 08:12 PM

None of the previous entries in the series matter; we're talking about MWO and how MWO is balanced.

You play Assault mechs in quickplay 97% of the time. You have little relevant experience in any other class.

#155 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:20 PM

View PostPure NZ, on 27 June 2019 - 07:14 PM, said:

It is a percentage, not the time.
Can you distinguish the time from the ratio and from the period?
After 11.000 matches that 3% is 330, multiplied by 10mins.
And it is the MWO only, if the 20 years after MW3 released matter. And the MW2...
So, thanks, but I have enough experience in all the chassis.

That's not how this works. Here's a more accurate perspective:

Total matches over completed seasons: 8568
Percentage played in Lights: 1%
Percentage played in Mediums: 1%
Percentage played in Heavies: <1% (because it's not actually 0)
Percentage played in Assaults MAD-IIC-D: 97%

What does that look like in number of matches? Rounding up:

Lights: 86 games
Mediums: 86 games
Heavies: <86 games
Assaults MAD-IIC-D: 8311 games

86 games is not even enough to complete the skill tree on two 'Mechs given your expected scores. You mean to tell me you have such a deep breadth of experience playing an average of less than 90 games across every weight class other than Assault MAD-IIC-D?

I don't know whether I should laugh or feel pity.

P.S. Your experience in previous MechWarrior games counts for precisely zero right here in MWO.

#156 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 02:27 AM

I think it´s a great idea. But first of all PGI needs to fix FP. The last patch was a disaster, fact. 10 days have passed and i didn´t see a single note from PGI what or even if they are going to do something about it.
To be honest i think PGI doesn´t care about MWO anymore. I understand they need to get MW5 done. But please talk to us! Don´t leave us in silence.
I played MWO for over 2 years now, almost 3.000 hours an Steam only, that´s 4 hours every day. And now ... I still have so much mechs to level, which has become a pain in the ***, cause if you don´t have a meta mech at the nascar festival you barely get any XP.
It´s sad that the end of MWO had to be so sudden, just because [Redacted].

R.I.P. MWO

PS: I bet this will be edited or deleted again. 凸(¬‿¬)

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 27 June 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

Friends, please stop the hurtful arguing, take a step back and try to see how silly it is. We are all here because we have one huge thing in common, for bad or worse, WE ALL LOVE THIS FRACKEN GAME, and in essence this makes us brothers in arms. We also mainly disapprove of PGI's decision making processes and where it's ultimately leading us.

Let's focus on why we are all here, that is to provide player input to help PGI make the right decisions for this game so that the game can attract new blood and last as long as possible.

On a related note of trying to keep the game alive, I was approached by HHOD's LFT Isaiah KellIsaiah with a proposition that's going out to all units.. and I thought it might be prudent to post what he had to say here:

"Call to Action: The Game is Dying. We need to consolidate our teamspeaks together if we want to easily get 12-man groups together like the good old days. This is the Davion TS3: ts3.hhod.com:7345 and hopefully we can get this hub to become the new ComStar.. the funnel that collects all active players into it. All players are welcome. Channels available upon request. Bookmark it! Thank you for your time.
LFT Isaiah Kell, HHoD, 1st Batt., Alpha Co."

I applaud them for doing this and gave them some suggestions that would facilitate units migrating to their TS including:
-streamlining their hub so unit identities don't get lost in the myriad of channels
-sorting unit channels from top to bottom by skill and activity levels
-changing the hub name from Davion to something more universal
-offering interested units a temporary channel as a first step before units commit

Similiar ideas were attempted in the past with some success, but now more than ever, a melding of teamspeak's is the reasonable thing to do.

I know some will say Discord will do it better but I say that discord is unnecessarily complicated. All we need is a place to be able to communicate and create groups without distractions.

What do you guys think?

Edited by draiocht, 03 July 2019 - 06:38 AM.
staff abuse

#157 Pure_NZ

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 11:36 AM

How are all of you about a city of glass, or city of mirrors? Posted Image

#158 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 05 July 2019 - 11:45 AM

View PostPure NZ, on 05 July 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

Love it.. i would love any map really..

#159 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 12:46 PM

View PostPure NZ, on 05 July 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

How are you about getting caught being full of it?

#160 Ratsnacker

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 10:32 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 14 June 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

Atlas:

All Variants:
  • Moderate increases in Mobility

Atlas Design notes: While raw HP points through generous Structure and Armor bonus' are the core pillar of the Altas' flavor, we feel that they could use a slight bit more agility to further define them against the more weapon oriented 100 tonners like the Annihilator and the Fafnir. With the Boars Head, in particular, has among the highest mobility of any 100 ton 'Mech.

Has anyone reported that the Atlas Boars Head has had it's arm pitch speed reduced to 23deg/s? (Hopefully this is accidentally down from 203deg/s)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users