Patch Notes - 1.4.211.0 - 18-Jun-2019

163 replies to this topic

#121 Stargazzer811

• PipPipPip
  • The Moonwalker
  • The Moonwalker
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAn experimental SLDF McKenna class Battleship, waiting for Clan Nova Cat to return to the Inner Sphere in 3160

Posted 20 June 2019 - 11:11 AM

Let me correct myself, I'm here to play the game, and could care less what anyone thinks of my stats. I think thats a much more reasonable statement.

Edited by Avalon91211, 21 June 2019 - 09:16 AM.
unconstructive, inappropriate language, replies removed

#122 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 21 June 2019 - 01:46 AM

View PostBe my Guest, on 20 June 2019 - 02:34 AM, said:

I am also kind of suprised that noone draws the connection btw. OP lights and nascar. For me the OP lights are the main reason for staying in to tight formation, that then nearly always results in nascar.
And I really dont get, why PGI is so reluctant in introducing some role warefare elements. I mean a light gets some amount of c-bills for damage as an assault. Why can assault can call in the same amount of airstrikes like spotter lights? Such changes would not need much developer time. Just a little more imagination and courage.

I get that the reason they give lights massive survivability buffs is to simulate them being hard to hit like in TT, but they should have made it so that the survivability buffs scale with the speed that a light mech is moving at, they should have next to no buffs when they are stationary and they should have fairly generous buffs when they are at top speed. If you really want to see how broken Lights currently are, just go to a test map and see how many more shots it takes to core one of the stationary lights than it does to core the heavies or assaults.

Edited by Ed Steele, 21 June 2019 - 01:47 AM.

#123 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 21 June 2019 - 06:14 AM

Regarding the LB-X adaptions to make LB-X 2 and LB-X 5 more viable in ranged combat.

While I think it is good to try to reflect the lorewise correct better weapon ranges, I want to point out that the problem originates from a wrong implementation of the LB-X weapons in MWO.

LB-X Autocannons are not big shotguns. They are Autocannons and fire a burst of projectiles that scatter once reaching a certain distance to the target.

So while it might be to late for MWO this might be vital for MW5 development, so LB-X autocannons can be correctly implemented with a hopefull add-on:

Autocannons fire a burst of projectiles. (NOT single projectiles like todays 120mm tank cannons)
LB-X Autocannons fire a burst of projectiles that fragment just before hitting the target.
LB-X Autocannons also can fire standard ammo resulting the typical Autocann projectile burst.
Compared to Autocannons LB-X Autocannons have a longer range regardless of which ammo is used.

http://www.sarna.net...LB-X_Autocannon

Edited by Ryoken, 21 June 2019 - 06:14 AM.

#124 Stargazzer811

• PipPipPip
  • The Moonwalker
  • The Moonwalker
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAn experimental SLDF McKenna class Battleship, waiting for Clan Nova Cat to return to the Inner Sphere in 3160

Posted 21 June 2019 - 09:15 AM

Ban me from the forums if you like Draiocht. I'm done using them anyway.

Edited by Avalon91211, 26 June 2019 - 03:40 PM.
discussing moderation

#125 Pure_NZ

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts
  • LocationHuntress - Pahn City (X:Y Coordinates: 49.19:1,756.45)

Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:02 AM

We would appreciate it if the last FP results could be seen somehow. I am interested in why did not the Bears win the Skallevoll from the Wolfies. As I saw the Bears had the gametypes by 2/3 and they were winning in the third turn. How the FP count the points??? Can any planet be captured at all???

Edited by Pure NZ, 21 June 2019 - 11:30 AM.

#126 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 21 June 2019 - 01:07 PM

Regarding this patch.. ever since that fateful patch day my client will crash about 50% of the time if I leave the game running and come back to it say an hour later.. I go to click on alerts or unit tab and it white screens on me and asks me if I want to wait till program responds.. I tried.. it doesn't respond.. so I have to restart. I never crashed before the patch.

Anybody else?

#127 Pure_NZ

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 01:16 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 21 June 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

Regarding this patch.. ever since that fateful patch day my client will crash about 50% of the time if I leave the game running and come back to it say an hour later.. I go to click on alerts or unit tab and it white screens on me and asks me if I want to wait till program responds.. I tried.. it doesn't respond.. so I have to restart. I never crashed before the patch.

Anybody else?

Yes, the crashes and the mismatched files has proliferated here also. Of course the servers count it on my account and punish me. Numberless times, and I am the punished side. 10secs, 2mins, 5mins... So ******* you, PGI. Again, and again...

#128 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 04:23 AM

[Redacted]

I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's PGI. Everybody's out of FP or scared of losing MWO. The MC buys a nickel's worth. Developers are going bust. Programmers keep a gun under the counter. Noobs are running nascar and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know PUGs are unfit to play as team and our weapons are unfit to play, and we sit watching our screens while some moderator tells us that today we had fifteen buffs and sixty-three nerfs, as if that's the way it's supposed to be.
We know things are bad — worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't play FP anymore. We sit in the basement, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is: 'Please, at least leave us alone in our basements. Let me have my keyboard and my screen and my steel-plated mouse and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.'
Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get MAD! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot — I don't want you to write to your moderator, because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the nascar and the lurming and the developers and the noobs. All I know is that first you've got to get mad. You've got to say: 'I'm a gamer, god-dammit! My account has value!'
So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell: I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!
Posted Image

Edited by draiocht, 25 June 2019 - 02:39 AM.
Quote Clean-up, reference

#129 Salty Seas

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 03:30 PM

Multiple crashes since patch..usually at launch screen..wheel goes round and round no launch..tried repair tool..no dice..sigh. Actually more of a freeze at the loading screen but I still have to exit and restart and even then it has crashed/froze again..with penalties to boot..double sigh..

Edited by Salty Seas, 22 June 2019 - 03:55 PM.

#130 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 22 June 2019 - 06:40 PM

View PostSalty Seas, on 22 June 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

Multiple crashes since patch..usually at launch screen..wheel goes round and round no launch..tried repair tool..no dice..sigh. Actually more of a freeze at the loading screen but I still have to exit and restart and even then it has crashed/froze again..with penalties to boot..double sigh..

I have not had a client crash since I moved MWO to Steam when it was first available on Steam.

#131 Pure_NZ

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:22 PM

This new FP is an unplayable, unpalatable ****.

#132 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 23 June 2019 - 06:25 PM

There's been some weird goings on for me too. Twice yesterday clicking ready in the group window for FP kicked me out of the group and mechs are constantly having weapon groups changed. Kind of annoying. The general game crashes haven't gotten that much worse though, so there's a silver lining for you.

#133 Darth Khan

• Pip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:44 AM

Posted Image

#134 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 24 June 2019 - 04:27 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 23 June 2019 - 06:25 PM, said:

There's been some weird goings on for me too. Twice yesterday clicking ready in the group window for FP kicked me out of the group and mechs are constantly having weapon groups changed. Kind of annoying. The general game crashes haven't gotten that much worse though, so there's a silver lining for you.

The ‘general game crashes’ HAVE gotten generally worse for many of us. And yes I’ve been using steam account for years...

#135 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 24 June 2019 - 04:46 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 21 June 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

Anybody else?

Yeah I noticed this too. Program becomes unresponsive after an idle period.

(I don't use the Steam client.)

Edited by Appogee, 24 June 2019 - 04:46 AM.

#136 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 04:29 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 21 June 2019 - 01:46 AM, said:

I get that the reason they give lights massive survivability buffs is to simulate them being hard to hit like in TT, but they should have made it so that the survivability buffs scale with the speed that a light mech is moving at, they should have next to no buffs when they are stationary and they should have fairly generous buffs when they are at top speed. If you really want to see how broken Lights currently are, just go to a test map and see how many more shots it takes to core one of the stationary lights than it does to core the heavies or assaults.

I can one-shot the Jenner and Cicada with a 51-point alpha to the front in Testing Grounds, the Commando with 41.

It takes me four 50-point alphas to kill the Atlas. It takes three to kill the Awesome or the Cataphract. It takes two for the Catapult and Centurion.

Please quit spreading blatant lies and misinformation.

#137 Pure_NZ

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:37 PM

View PostY E O N N E, on 24 June 2019 - 04:29 PM, said:

I can one-shot the Jenner and Cicada with a 51-point alpha to the front in Testing Grounds, the Commando with 41.

It takes me four 50-point alphas to kill the Atlas. It takes three to kill the Awesome or the Cataphract. It takes two for the Catapult and Centurion.

Please quit spreading blatant lies and misinformation.

Then try to carry it out in the reality. The target practice is an other dimension. How can you concentrate fire on a commando when that run at 150Km/h? An LBX should rip all the armor from the lights before that dies because it spreads on the whole chassis. Either the weapons are weak or the lights have too high/unreal survivability, mainly the IS lights. Of course to compensate the Clan-weapons's power(what they are continuously degrading, patch by patch)

#138 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 07:20 PM

View PostPure NZ, on 24 June 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

Then try to carry it out in the reality. The target practice is an other dimension. How can you concentrate fire on a commando when that run at 150Km/h? An LBX should rip all the armor from the lights before that dies because it spreads on the whole chassis. Either the weapons are weak or the lights have too high/unreal survivability, mainly the IS lights. Of course to compensate the Clan-weapons's power(what they are continuously degrading, patch by patch)

1. His premise was that the Heavies and Assaults take less shots to kill in testing. I merely called him on his bollocks to deprive him of credibility. He has less than none.

2. If I can't concentrate my fire on a Commando, I'm done. If I can, he's done. That regularly plays out in my matches. Smart Commando players, and smart Light players in general, will always fight you when the odds are lopsided in their favor. Smart players in general will fight you with the odds stacked in their favor, but as you get heavier you have less ability to dictate the timing of that engagement. That's what you are really seeing: your own shots going wild because you are worried about the other 'Mechs as you try to scrape that Commando off your nuts.

And no, an LB-X should not do what you say because an LB-X spreads 1 point of damage per pellet across all those components. Unless you are so close that all the pellets are landing on a single component, the LB-X should be and actually is worse against Lights than something that concentrates the damage. You want to know what I find really scary in Lights? ERPPCs and Snubs. They have the velocity and damage concentration to immediately leg or XL-check you and you have to play very cagey around them. But you know what they require, and what most players have a deficit of? Hand-eye coordination. You can't get a lock and an insta-frag while drooling over your keyboard like you can with Streaks or ATMs, so they go "BUT LIGHTS OP!"

That being said, I will say Commandos are harder to kill than you would expect. The good news is that they are extremely easy to disarm, so do that and don't worry about him anymore.

#139 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:18 PM

View PostY E O N N E, on 24 June 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

But you know what they require, and what most players have a deficit of? Hand-eye coordination. You can't get a lock and an insta-frag while drooling over your keyboard like you can with Streaks or ATMs, so they go "BUT LIGHTS OP!"

Kinda why we have streaks. :P

Honestly I do have aiming problem with lights, which if i were to be excused, I'm playing between 28 and 15 FPS.

#140 Pure_NZ

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:39 PM

View PostY E O N N E, on 24 June 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

1. His premise was that the Heavies and Assaults take less shots to kill in testing. I merely called him on his bollocks to deprive him of credibility. He has less than none.

2. If I can't concentrate my fire on a Commando, I'm done. If I can, he's done. That regularly plays out in my matches. Smart Commando players, and smart Light players in general, will always fight you when the odds are lopsided in their favor. Smart players in general will fight you with the odds stacked in their favor, but as you get heavier you have less ability to dictate the timing of that engagement. That's what you are really seeing: your own shots going wild because you are worried about the other 'Mechs as you try to scrape that Commando off your nuts.

And no, an LB-X should not do what you say because an LB-X spreads 1 point of damage per pellet across all those components. Unless you are so close that all the pellets are landing on a single component, the LB-X should be and actually is worse against Lights than something that concentrates the damage. You want to know what I find really scary in Lights? ERPPCs and Snubs. They have the velocity and damage concentration to immediately leg or XL-check you and you have to play very cagey around them. But you know what they require, and what most players have a deficit of? Hand-eye coordination. You can't get a lock and an insta-frag while drooling over your keyboard like you can with Streaks or ATMs, so they go "BUT LIGHTS OP!"

That being said, I will say Commandos are harder to kill than you would expect. The good news is that they are extremely easy to disarm, so do that and don't worry about him anymore.

You do not know anything about ny abilities. I hit that commando, raven, anything, it is not problem. The problem is: I should hit them five times with a twin LBX20 and these run further. Only the Locust is close to the reality.
You are wrong. I am talking about experience, and you are presuming only. Everybody sees what is happening many years ago, except you.

Edited by Pure NZ, 24 June 2019 - 08:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users