Patch Notes - 1.4.211.0 - 18-Jun-2019

163 replies to this topic

#81 CH4CH

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 05:38 AM

Finally, only ERmicroLas and MicroPLas that didn't nerf yet for the clans. The next time might be fight with only melee.

#82 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 05:52 AM

Where's that guy that yells about the weapon door shadows every single patch notes thread?

#83 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 05:53 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 16 June 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

I have a car with a flat tire. I bring it to a shop to have it filled with the right pressure.
The "mechanic" brings it up to 2 psi and asks me to come back in a year if I find any problem.

I tell the mechanic that it's not nearly enough. You need to bring it up to at least 20.

Meanwhile someone driving on all four flat tires drives by, and shouts at me "Hey... the mechanic is only doing this incrementally so that your tire does not blow up from high pressure... you need it try it first... I've been driving like this for a year and my car still moves forward"

That sounds like a nice episode of Southpark with good old Randy as the main character of that episode! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#84 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 17 June 2019 - 06:39 AM

I believe there is a typo with the BNC-3S on the quirk sheet. It lists the torso twist speed yaw as 67.5, when the current number is 76.5. Unless, of course, it was actually made less mobile without it having been mentioned at all. But I suspect a typo more than anything else.

#85 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 17 June 2019 - 08:54 AM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 17 June 2019 - 05:52 AM, said:

Where's that guy that yells about the weapon door shadows every single patch notes thread?

Even HE'S givin up and left..

But seriously.. patch is in the right direction.. but a lot of it is fixing the mistakes of the past and some minor fine-tuning.. so no real progress..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 17 June 2019 - 09:01 AM.

#86 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:27 AM

Weapon door shadows? What about decals that project through some plates on Mechs, because those plates are only "solid" on one side apparently (and yes many of these plates are in the best places for decals imo). And even more rarely, some decals seem to move independent of the Mech they are on on some Mechs. And what about colors not being the same on every Mech?

Edited by Ed Steele, 17 June 2019 - 09:29 AM.

#87 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:47 AM

PGI's solution last patch was to simply remove weapon door shadows altogether. Open or closed, your weapon bay doors no longer cast ANY shadow.

#88 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 11:50 AM

And here i am, like after every patch, wondering what game i am playing and what game PGI is playing.
Because it can´t be the same game.
Nice story about the ATMs btw, covering that you want to nerf the ATM jumpers like the Vapor Eagle.
There have been so many urgent problems around for years now. Now that you don´t throw out a new mech every month i thought you´d have time for the important things. But no, same business as usual. Nerfing and buffing **** nobody asked you to do.
Seeing how you treat MWO ... MW5 will be a disaster.

#89 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:27 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 14 June 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

ATMs (All launchers.)
  • 3 Damage Range Zone reduced to 245 (from 270)

That's only a ~10% range nerf (or ~22% nerf in terms of 360° surface), on top of all the previous ones...

But it made me realize that after so many ATM nerfs (the smaller arc, the smaller lock-on surface, the longer lock-on delay, the smaller lock-on retention, the leg damage reduction, the TAG nerf, the Artemis nerf, the missile health nerf, the stealth armor, the AMS boost, and even bigger Clan missile nerfs coming early August...), I'll be aiming to dump most of my ATM brawlers for long range LRM builds, even if that high-risk "3 Damage Range Zone" stays at 270m.

PS : PGI , you have got to stop nerfing missile weapons again and again, in a game that is already dominated by non-missile weapons, or your missile weapon users won't last you another two months.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 17 June 2019 - 12:32 PM.

#90 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 17 June 2019 - 01:08 PM

If the ATM nerf is in response to something in particular like the VEagle I would suggest it be handled in a more direct way. If the feeling is that overall ATMs are OP, this seems to be addressing that. While I agree with the idea that the power of 3 damage should have an offset, I would suggest maybe making them still do some damage under max as it seems a bit crazy the Clans don't have an LRM min range issue but do on ATM. Maybe make it even like .5 damage per missile. The current 3 damage zone mixed with a lot of other factors like lock-on, etc. seems to make this a high skill weapon with a steep drop off to nothing. That makes it much harder to get less experienced players to want to get better with as doing no damage makes them not want to take it. At least by putting a minimal damage they can contribute and as they get better and the damage jumps they'll figure out more how to properly maximize their potential.

#91 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 17 June 2019 - 02:26 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 17 June 2019 - 12:27 PM, said:

PS : PGI , you have got to stop nerfing missile weapons again and again, in a game that is already dominated by non-missile weapons, or your missile weapon users won't last you another two months.

They can't stop it because of poor design decisions.

View PostKodan Black, on 17 June 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

If the ATM nerf is in response to something in particular like the VEagle I would suggest it be handled in a more direct way. If the feeling is that overall ATMs are OP, this seems to be addressing that.

But if ATM is op because Veagle, then it's not really that much of a nerf since it's a mobile medium that could adjust quickly especially with those that mastered the chassis already.

If anything it hurts those slower mechs more.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 17 June 2019 - 02:27 PM.

#92 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:05 AM

Banshee S doesn't need mobility i'm alpha striking 95 damage on mine about 3 times before i even care about trying to blow myself up, no problems.

ATM's good move, group play was ridiculous, just a bunch of poptarting mediums firing atms all day, you can even dummy fire in a pinch at somebody a bit slow or shut down so yeah nice try.

Kodiak, it got nerfed because clanners would absolutely roll the IS with kodiak rush, but at this point FP is not a great mode they can actually afford to give people back there fun. Then again if they were good we would ignore other things, the point being that power creep will always happen, Nerf one go to another , buff another go to that one, there is no win, if you want a challenge use a bad mech, if you don't use a good mech.

Edit: let me clarify that, i think a serious buff to mobility would be great, but i think all mechs need a serious buff to mobility

On that note changing sides in faction play, thanks.

Minimum range removed from light ppcs next, might make them worthwhile (though maybe not...)

Edited by Laser Kiwi, 18 June 2019 - 12:12 AM.

#93 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:10 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 17 June 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

And here i am, like after every patch, wondering what game i am playing and what game PGI is playing.
Because it can´t be the same game.
Nice story about the ATMs btw, covering that you want to nerf the ATM jumpers like the Vapor Eagle.
There have been so many urgent problems around for years now. Now that you don´t throw out a new mech every month i thought you´d have time for the important things. But no, same business as usual. Nerfing and buffing **** nobody asked you to do.
Seeing how you treat MWO ... MW5 will be a disaster.

No reflection on MW5, the game is a single player bot fest, there is no reason to nerf or buff in a non competitve environment, in PVP everyone is worried about the mystery of "balance". Single player games do not require nerfing or buffing so no issue there.

#94 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:12 AM

I was hoping to get my Kurita badge back . Posted Image

#95 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:43 AM

View PostLaser Kiwi, on 18 June 2019 - 12:10 AM, said:

No reflection on MW5, the game is a single player bot fest, there is no reason to nerf or buff in a non competitve environment, in PVP everyone is worried about the mystery of "balance". Single player games do not require nerfing or buffing so no issue there.

I wasn´t talking about nerfing or buffing alone, i was talking about PGI as developer overall. [Redacted] Look how they ****** up FP. [Redacted]
I still don´t know how they came up with the skill tree, in my opinion the only update that was really good. Everything else ...
How can you think it is a brilliant idea to change the game mode every few hours, ignoring the 24 time-zones.
After years of begging for more than 4 drop decks they finally gave us 32, but no option to save them? I have 11 drop decks, which cost me a [Redacted] of money, and now i have to change 44 mechs from Clan to IS or back to Clan every few days? Or even every few hours? WTF?
They disabled the matchmaker for QP without telling anybody, cause there aren´t enough players and you would have to wait 15+ minutes for a game. So now i´m stuck with TIER 5, 4 and 3 nascaring, not teamplaying noobs making QP a pain in the ***.
They buffed lurms 4 times in 6 months, no matter what mode or what map, it was raining like ****. Buffing a noob weapon ... why?
They constantly try to balance the game through weapons, ignoring the fact that teamplay is op and can´t be nerfed.
The list goes on and on and on. And that is why i´m afraid that MW5 will be a total disaster.

Edited by draiocht, 18 June 2019 - 05:36 AM.
unconstructive, staff abuse, inappropriate language & references

#96 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:46 AM

The Banshee needs another Treatment than to simply add Armor to its CT. It seems that Hit Registration on that Mech is broken. If you got 160 Front Armor it should be impossible for another Mech to core your internals down to red with 2 Alphas of 50 to 60. So adding Armor to the CT does not fix the Mechs Issue. The Banshee has enough Armor and its CT Hitbox Size is fine. Its HR is broken...

#97 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 04:10 AM

View PostJoe Decker, on 18 June 2019 - 03:46 AM, said:

The Banshee needs another Treatment than to simply add Armor to its CT. It seems that Hit Registration on that Mech is broken. If you got 160 Front Armor it should be impossible for another Mech to core your internals down to red with 2 Alphas of 50 to 60. So adding Armor to the CT does not fix the Mechs Issue. The Banshee has enough Armor and its CT Hitbox Size is fine. Its HR is broken...

Have you tested this? Not having a go at you, just curious.

I only have that La Malinche or whatever freebie, it is awful to play. Mounts are so low, everything hits dirt or I over expose. I feel the problems are my poor skill rather than hitreg, but I am genuinely terrible in it.

#98 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:24 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 18 June 2019 - 04:10 AM, said:

Have you tested this? Not having a go at you, just curious.

I only have that La Malinche or whatever freebie, it is awful to play. Mounts are so low, everything hits dirt or I over expose. I feel the problems are my poor skill rather than hitreg, but I am genuinely terrible in it.

From the top of my head :
- 2x Large Pulse Laser
- 1x MRM 20
- 3x ER Medium Laser
- 1x AC/10
- 1x AMS

And you killing everything in front of you without any issues! :)

#99 Chris Lowrey

Design Consultant

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:49 AM

View PostVerilligo, on 17 June 2019 - 06:39 AM, said:

I believe there is a typo with the BNC-3S on the quirk sheet. It lists the torso twist speed yaw as 67.5, when the current number is 76.5. Unless, of course, it was actually made less mobile without it having been mentioned at all. But I suspect a typo more than anything else.

Just a typo in the doc. I checked the internal build, it is still set to 76.5 in game.

Edited by Chris Lowrey, 18 June 2019 - 02:00 PM.

#100 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:05 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 17 June 2019 - 12:27 PM, said:

[/b][/b]

That's only a ~10% range nerf (or ~22% nerf in terms of 360° surface), on top of all the previous ones...

But it made me realize that after so many ATM nerfs (the smaller arc, the smaller lock-on surface, the longer lock-on delay, the smaller lock-on retention, the leg damage reduction, the TAG nerf, the Artemis nerf, the missile health nerf, the stealth armor, the AMS boost, and even bigger Clan missile nerfs coming early August...), I'll be aiming to dump most of my ATM brawlers for long range LRM builds, even if that high-risk "3 Damage Range Zone" stays at 270m.

It is ok Humble LRMing from spawn will be a little more effective for you anyway lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users