Patch Notes - 1.4.211.0 - 18-Jun-2019

163 replies to this topic

#101 Hellfire666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 123 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:17 AM

Look! Yet ANOTHER round of useless adjustments that won't amount to a lick of difference.

.03 reduction to LBX-5 spread - People actually use LBX-5's? If they don't they certainly aren't going to start now.

These "balance" changes are just a sad joke at this point and it stopped being funny a year ago.

#102 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 18 June 2019 - 11:07 AM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 18 June 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

Just a typo in the doc. I checked the internal build, it is still set to 67.5 in game.

No, no, you just reversed it again. 76.5, not 67.5. 67.5 is on the doc when it should be 76.5. Unless the in-game version is NOW 67.5, in which case... that was a nerf from where it was pre-patch. Or MechDB is wrong about the pre-patch number, which I suppose is possible.

#103 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:13 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 17 June 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

They can't stop it because of poor design decisions. But if ATM is op because Veagle, then it's not really that much of a nerf since it's a mobile medium that could adjust quickly especially with those that mastered the chassis already. If anything it hurts those slower mechs more.

Generally, the reason the Veagle is so effective with ATMs is due to it's jump height as a medium. There generally aren't that many Clan Heavies that are both agile and can jump. It's all about the low trajectory coming from an elevated position.

It's possible to come up with a similar ATM build with a Summoner, but not with both launchers in the torsos.

#104 Chris Lowrey

Design Consultant

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:59 PM

View PostVerilligo, on 18 June 2019 - 11:07 AM, said:

No, no, you just reversed it again. 76.5, not 67.5. 67.5 is on the doc when it should be 76.5. Unless the in-game version is NOW 67.5, in which case... that was a nerf from where it was pre-patch. Or MechDB is wrong about the pre-patch number, which I suppose is possible.

Sigh... I made a typo in my post about a typo... Sorry it's been a hectic morning

It is still 76.5 in-game, and that is confirmed on live. Feel free to go into the store and double check, but yes, it was just a typo in the doc, in-game value has not been changed since last patch. Have edited the post to reflect the correct value.

#105 BARRY SHlTPEAS

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 80 posts
  • LocationBrown Sea Buccaneer

Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:15 PM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 18 June 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

...I made a typo...

Was 0.65 to 0.62 a typo too?

#106 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:17 PM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 18 June 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

Sorry it's been a hectic morning

Really? Whatcha been up to?

#107 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:26 PM

Bug: Faction Play lobby timer has gone back to an unworkable 60 seconds.

Please hotfix, thanks.

#108 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:43 PM

View PostAppogee, on 18 June 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

Bug: Faction Play lobby timer has gone back to an unworkable 60 seconds.

Please hotfix, thanks.

FIX THIS YESTERDAY PLEASE. I'm talking HOT FIX!@!

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 18 June 2019 - 04:05 PM.

#109 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:40 PM

View Posttacorodwarrior, on 18 June 2019 - 10:05 AM, said:

LRMing from spawn will be a little more effective (then going front line with ATMs)

I agree LRMs are only a goosebump in the way of a preventing a premade from stomping a bunch of solo players...

But I'd rather have more goosebumps then none...

And instead PGI just keeps jumping up and down on it : Should take them ~2 months to flatten it out.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 18 June 2019 - 07:53 PM.

#110 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:01 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 18 June 2019 - 04:10 AM, said:

Have you tested this? Not having a go at you, just curious.

I only have that La Malinche or whatever freebie, it is awful to play. Mounts are so low, everything hits dirt or I over expose. I feel the problems are my poor skill rather than hitreg, but I am genuinely terrible in it.

no problem, all fine.
Hitreg ingame is sometimes different to hitreg in testing grounds, in testing grounds for example you could notice that the cicada doll on alpine peaks registered incoming shots at the wrong hitbox while this issue is not on the live servers. Same with a Number of other Mechs. Yet the Issue with the Banshee is with Hitreg on Live Servers. In 1v1 Situations like Solaris it is as I described - the CT internals are red way before they mathematically could be. So the Banshee Model got an Issue that you cannot fix with Armor Quirks. Maybe Damage to the front CT is being applied to the back CT or some other strange thing is going on. In the Past during the Time when Community Warfare was still a Thing in this Game my whole Unit ran Banshees - they were never the tankiest Assaults yet their high mounted Weapon Slots (3xAC5/4ML on BNC-3E) compensated that. But we stopped using them a long Time ago since they became so fragile due to those Hitbox Issues. And the Problem persisted til today. I will test the Banshee soon again. I do it from Time to Time as it is a superb Assault IF it is not broken.

Edited by Joe Decker, 19 June 2019 - 12:09 AM.

#111 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 11:16 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 18 June 2019 - 03:43 PM, said:

FIX THIS YESTERDAY PLEASE. I'm talking HOT FIX!@!

I had a good laugh when i saw this. Didnt expect that could happen :D

#112 G a i s u t o

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 32 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:17 AM

Do the FP Leaderboards work again? :)

#113 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:34 PM

How long till scouting is separated as a game mode? There's 2 hours of scouting going on right now after a phase that included conquest, incursion, and invasion. I was super into playing FP the last hour and a half or so. Now, I am logging off.

Good way to make players that already logged into your game log off and go play another game, Paul/Russ/anyone-who-makes-decisions-at-PGI.

Was planning on playing MWO this evening. Now I'll go start getting engrossed in another game and forget about MWO. Even though it's only two hours, why would I bother logging back into this game once another game has my attention? Extremely poor design decisions.

GG.

PS: The only good thing I have to say about this patch is good job on getting MWO FP 90% or so back to where it was last month. Now SEPARATE scouting and make the radar, jamming, and combat ID on the top of the FP game team info meaningful/functional again. How do you expect those systems to work without scouting???

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 19 June 2019 - 12:42 PM.

#114 Koka1984

• Pip
  • CS 2020 Participant
  • CS 2020 Participant
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:47 PM

Scouting only again????
You guys really serious??? WTF???

#115 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 11:54 PM

Fix pitch in assaults or don't bother patching anymore, i mean big fatties can't touch their toes i get it, but if i can't kick a light in the face then i need to be able to shoot them, and heres the thing the light advantage should be getting back, not hugging under the pitch its utter nonsense and a continuing weakness in gameplay

#116 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:42 AM

View PostLaser Kiwi, on 19 June 2019 - 11:54 PM, said:

Fix pitch in assaults or don't bother patching anymore, i mean big fatties can't touch their toes i get it, but if i can't kick a light in the face then i need to be able to shoot them, and heres the thing the light advantage should be getting back, not hugging under the pitch its utter nonsense and a continuing weakness in gameplay

They need knockdowns back in the game. Removing knockdowns and significant collision damage made people into crap pilots and made light Mechs OP against assaults. This was an incredibly stupid, knee jerk decision based on incessant whining from a small portion of the playerbase. Seriously, though, hire the programmers back that you used to have so they can fix knockdowns so Dragon Bowling is not possible, and they can add IK and Clan LBX toggle. Make the game 8 v 8 again and IK would not be so taxing on crap computers.

Edited by Ed Steele, 20 June 2019 - 01:51 AM.

#117 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:12 AM

PGI said they can not do IK bcs the Hitboxes can not do IK and would not align with the visuals.

8 vs 8 was once good and it would be again good and differentiate FP from QP but for some or another reason they decided not to do it.

#118 Be my Guest

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:34 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 20 June 2019 - 01:42 AM, said:

They need knockdowns back in the game. Removing knockdowns and significant collision damage made people into crap pilots and made light Mechs OP against assaults. This was an incredibly stupid, knee jerk decision based on incessant whining from a small portion of the playerbase. Seriously, though, hire the programmers back that you used to have so they can fix knockdowns so Dragon Bowling is not possible, and they can add IK and Clan LBX toggle. Make the game 8 v 8 again and IK would not be so taxing on crap computers.

I am also kind of suprised that noone draws the connection btw. OP lights and nascar. For me the OP lights are the main reason for staying in to tight formation, that then nearly always results in nascar.
And I really dont get, why PGI is so reluctant in introducing some role warefare elements. I mean a light gets some amount of c-bills for damage as an assault. Why can assault can call in the same amount of airstrikes like spotter lights? Such changes would not need much developer time. Just a little more imagination and courage.

#119 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 20 June 2019 - 05:49 AM

As one of those weirdo's who likes the Banshee (like it a bit too much in battletech) i'm glad it got those CT buffs That i have been asking for for years!

The slight Atlas buff was nice too.

View PostDarth Khan, on 16 June 2019 - 03:01 AM, said:

Posted Image

Remember when they did the weapon retrofits they deleted the victor's kneecaps?? How long has it been now and they still haven't fixed it?

SNAFU

Edited by mad kat, 20 June 2019 - 06:22 AM.

#120 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 06:48 AM

I haven't logged in since Russ basically said they were throwing in the towel on this game. No way it lasts two more years

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users