229 replies to this topic

#21 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 05:28 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 15 June 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

I doubt there was a single World Champ player on opposition team.

Essentially you're just not that good. I mean you claimed in your "I'm back" thread to have a WLR of 50.0... That's a pipedream.

Also you said your bringing an Atlas. Most maps / modes the Atlas is a horrible choice.
You've essentially just posted a "I got beat badly" thread and thrown in a thingly veiled claim other team was hacking - which will be absolutely not the case.

Anyway record some matches. Upload to YouTube - I'm sure many here can easily work out your issues. And that's what they will be, your issues.

FUSION was on the team, so you're wrong

#22 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 June 2019 - 05:31 PM

LMFAO. how stupid are ppl getting..

#23 Colonel Wolfe

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMissoula, Montana

Posted 16 June 2019 - 08:55 AM

Thats all very good advice.

One of a couple real good posts. Has made me want to try some more.

I changed my build like you said into a low facetime build.

I will try some more, but the wait times per match are longer then my matches.

Its very discouraging

Edited by Colonel Wolfe, 16 June 2019 - 08:58 AM.

#24 SuperMCDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 131 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 June 2019 - 08:47 PM

View PostColonel Wolfe, on 16 June 2019 - 08:55 AM, said:

Thats all very good advice.

One of a couple real good posts. Has made me want to try some more.

I changed my build like you said into a low facetime build.

I will try some more, but the wait times per match are longer then my matches.

Its very discouraging

Well done for sticking around, and it's nice to see people providing some constructive advice. Others are quick to jump on people, especially if they imply cheating, which is not particularly welcoming to new/returning players.

Even running fully skilled meta FP builds, I'm hesitant to run solo in faction (as people have pointed out). There is no matchmaker. You will normally come up against highly coordinated groups, using coms, that will easily roll a pug team. Using coordinated fire they will take out assault mechs very quickly if they make a wrong step.

The advice is always to join a group. Before doing that I would make sure that you are using strong builds, that you have fully skilled in quick play. There are various online resources for builds, such as grim mechs, that will help in planning strong FP drop decks.

Good luck.

#25 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:40 AM

Mechs good in QP are still good in FP though, so it's not bad advice. You can also often build a little differently once it's time to convert to FP (more ammo for example)

#26 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:57 AM

Also, if you do not have premium time, QP is better for c-bill farming, as you can do a lot of QPs in time you get a game in FP, unfortunately :(

#27 S t P a u l y

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 06:44 AM

C H E A T E R S
H
E
A
T
E
R
S

#28 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:20 AM

View PostMetalgod69, on 17 June 2019 - 04:29 AM, said:

Some are, some not. Or would you suggest using a super slow assault, that may rock in FW - in nascar mode ähm quick play ?

In QP you need a mech that is fast enough not to be left behind in every nascar. That alone kills a lot of FW builds for QP.

read what he wrote: mechs good in QP are still good in FP, but not in reverse, many mechs good in FP are not good in QP

#29 SuperMCDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 131 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:14 PM

View PostMetalgod69, on 17 June 2019 - 03:35 AM, said:

The problem with that advice is, that many builds that are very good in FW really suck in QP. This is a major reason i nearly never play QP.

In FW i have a team of assaults, they won´t nascar away from me. In QP my team can kill me with doing stupid shix, like nascar.

In FW i know on which map i am dropping, so i can use the ideal build mech combination. In QP i have to drop with, for example a long range build in Solaris. Such a drop is a complete waste of time.

In FW i can use only one mech, if its unleveled i get thousands of experience for that single mech. So i level much, much faster then in QP. And you get over 1000 matchscore for ONE drop. Helps a lot in that matchscore events.

This is true, and I probably should have elaborated. But often you can still skill up mechs using alternative builds. For example, a 5 ERLL Battlemaster is terrible in QP, but taking a laser vomit build works well (learnt that the hard way).

Probably should have spelled that out in my post.

I will still assert that FP is the wrong place to skill mechs for FP, especially if you are not in a group.

Edited by SuperMCDad, 17 June 2019 - 07:18 PM.

#30 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:49 PM

View PostColonel Wolfe, on 15 June 2019 - 12:38 PM, said:

Your elitist attitude is not helping the cause.

Yep, obviously must be all me. Thats why the population is just you guys. Enjoy your dead game.

I dont really care anymore

Cya

Hey, it was you to bring up the 50:1 win and 10:1 kill rate. Looks like you have been successfully carried by your team mates. Posted Image

Edited by Fuerchtenichts, 18 June 2019 - 10:51 PM.

#31 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 19 June 2019 - 01:31 PM

Buy 3 hellbringers for cbills. Buy 3 waarhammers (the 9 laser one) for cbills. That's my advice for you.'

Build them like this.

Hellbringer
https://mech.nav-alp...f5f20_HBR-PRIME

Warhammer
https://mech.nav-alp...fcdb20e4_WHM-6D

And yes, twist twist twist.

Now go play faction play.

Also, use that website to make builds so you dont waste cbills.

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 19 June 2019 - 01:31 PM.

#32 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:34 AM

View PostvonJerg, on 17 June 2019 - 03:57 AM, said:

Also, if you do not have premium time, QP is better for c-bill farming, as you can do a lot of QPs in time you get a game in FP, unfortunately Posted Image

Nothing beats pug farming in Faction in terms of income. (at least when there was a population)..

i remember easy peasy 10 to 20 mil an evening of playing.

#33 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:51 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 20 June 2019 - 09:34 AM, said:

Nothing beats pug farming in Faction in terms of income. (at least when there was a population).. i remember easy peasy 10 to 20 mil an evening of playing.

It seems to me that FP cash payouts are smaller than they used to be. I'd be able to rack up over a million for a decent game, now I'm barely making 800K. Am I missing something?

#34 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 20 June 2019 - 05:36 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 20 June 2019 - 04:51 PM, said:

It seems to me that FP cash payouts are smaller than they used to be. I'd be able to rack up over a million for a decent game, now I'm barely making 800K. Am I missing something?

You used to get more damage attributed to you per game (hence more farming potential) primarily due to two factors:

1. Side torso destruction also gave you credit for destroying the attached arm

2. Many mechs had higher structure quirks compared to now.

#35 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 June 2019 - 06:38 PM

Yes.

The 250k cbill bonus contract payment for Mercs was removed 2 patches ago or whatever when this new system went live.
Pretty sure there was something for Loyalist as well.

Right now QP is actually more effective for me to farm cbills as I can easy rake in 400k per match as a base average. Sometimes high as 550k.

Faction is ~1-1.2mil max now and that's over a 30-40min period where I can play 4-5 QP games in that time usually.

#36 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 04:48 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 20 June 2019 - 06:38 PM, said:

Yes.

The 250k cbill bonus contract payment for Mercs was removed 2 patches ago or whatever when this new system went live.
Pretty sure there was something for Loyalist as well.

Right now QP is actually more effective for me to farm cbills as I can easy rake in 400k per match as a base average. Sometimes high as 550k.

Faction is ~1-1.2mil max now and that's over a 30-40min period where I can play 4-5 QP games in that time usually.

Faction play is still more entertaining than Quick play. I would rather enjoy what I am doing and make a bit less cbills. Of course i am also that guy with like a billion cbills so...

#37 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 04:27 AM

Win bonus for mercs got removed afaik, so 250k less on a win.

#38 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 11:07 PM

Lower rewards aren't really a problem for most of the peeps still playing FP, P. sure most of us are space rich.

It would be cool to get the LP rewards revamped; the rewards are butts for all the grinding you have to do and you can't grind one faction on the current system.

#39 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 12:49 AM

View PostColonel Wolfe, on 15 June 2019 - 09:56 AM, said:

This game was not like this in beta when I played, It was much better back then. This mess sucks

Perhaps in an attempt to please younger players, MWO has been sliding down to the level of a twitch shooter.

You whole front center torso armor is worth 2 HP, maybe 3 HP with skill points in the survival tree, so a slow moving brawling assault can hope to survive no more then a single mistake, you're probably better off putting points in mobility and not skimping on the engine, focus on long range weapons and maybe also forget about using an Atlas, because IS has a whole handful of MWO's best assaults and Atlas isn't one of them.

Basically treat MWO like a twitch shooter, favor extra long range sniping over brawling, and you will be ahead of where MWO is heading for.

As for the 3-48 stomp, you have to join a strong group to make it 48-3, or learn how to avoid groups if you want to play something else then a stomp.

#40 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:44 AM

View PostAppogee, on 15 June 2019 - 04:28 PM, said:

Because of the low population, when you drop as a PUG you can and will encounter groups comprising some of the best players in the game. They are friends, they play FP all the time, they invite each other to groups, they know all the best spots and strategies on every map.

And if you drop with them as a PUG, and don't do EXACTLY as you are commanded by one of these god-tier people, they will team kill you, isn't that right?

With people like you, OP is better off playing some other game..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users