#41 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:59 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 02 July 2019 - 01:44 AM, said:

And if you drop with them as a PUG, and don't do EXACTLY as you are commanded by one of these god-tier people, they will team kill you, isn't that right?

No, not in my experience.

If the team is winning, you'll generally be ignored.

But if the team is losing, and your potato tactics are contributing significantly to that loss, then you mostly you'll be counselled on what to do to help the team win the team mode of the team game.

Only a couple of times in thousands of games have I ever seen someone get team killed for continuously ignoring what the rest of the team was requesting them to do, and costing 11 other people the match.

View PostVellron2005, on 02 July 2019 - 01:44 AM, said:

With people like you, OP is better off playing some other game..

People like me, who play FP daily, bring the right builds for the map and mode, appreciate and follow drop callers' instructions, always try to help the team win, and who took the time to respond to the OP to help an inexperienced player understand why they were dying so quickly?

He's better off without "people like me", you reckon...?

Edited by Appogee, 02 July 2019 - 02:04 AM.

#42 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 02 July 2019 - 02:18 AM

View PostAppogee, on 02 July 2019 - 01:59 AM, said:

No, not in my experience.

If the team is winning, you'll generally be ignored.

But if the team is losing, and your potato tactics are contributing significantly to that loss, then you mostly you'll be counselled on what to do to help the team win the team mode of the team game.

Only a couple of times in thousands of games have I ever seen someone get team killed for continuously ignoring what the rest of the team was requesting them to do, and costing 11 other people the match.

People like me, who play FP daily, bring the right builds for the map and mode, appreciate and follow drop callers' instructions, always try to help the team win, and who took the time to respond to the OP to help an inexperienced player understand why they were dying so quickly?

He's better off without "people like me", you reckon...?

You know you are flat-out lying right now right?

I can post screen shots, but that would be name-and-shame...

Edited by Vellron2005, 02 July 2019 - 02:23 AM.

#43 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 02:31 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 02 July 2019 - 02:18 AM, said:

You DO know I have screenshots of you team killing 2 players, and attempting to kill a 3rd because we were shooting Omega at 46:sub-30 You. Specifically. TK-ing people. Cose we were shooting omega and not wanting to farm.

Liar.

I do remember one match when I accidentally TKed someone with what was supposed to be a warning shot, because they were not responding to the rest of the team's repeated requests to stop shooting Omega. I was just trying to get their attention, but unfortunately, it missed their leg and to my surprise and regret, killed them.

IIRC recall that it was during a match score event, when everyone was trying to achieve a match score target of 10,000 or something. So killing Omega early was denying 11 other people their objective. I felt bad about it at the time, but then, I wasn't the one ignoring what the rest of the team explicitly wanted, in the team mode of the team game.

IIRC correctly I accidentally TKed someone earlier in that same match with a strike. I remember being surprised and embarassed at the end that I'd committed two TKs. I retired for the rest of the night. But in any case, I am happy to be held accountable for my actions in that match.

To the point you actually raised though, it is very unusual for someone in a FP match to get get TKed for ignoring the team drop caller, unless their actions are actively undermining the team achieving its objective. In fact, your example reinforces that point.

Edited by Appogee, 02 July 2019 - 02:36 AM.

#44 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 02:35 AM

View PostAppogee, on 02 July 2019 - 02:31 AM, said:

I do remember one match when I accidentally TKed someone with what was supposed to be a warning shot, because they were not responding to the rest of the team's request to stop shooting Omega. I was just trying to get their attention, but unfortunately, it missed their leg.

I recall that it was during a match score event, when everyone was trying to achieve a match score target of 10,000 or something. I felt bad about it, but then, I wasn't the one ignoring what the rest of the team wanted.

IIRC correctly I also accidentally TKed someone earlier in that match with a strike. I remember thinking how bad it looked at the end of the match that I'd done two TKs. But in any case, I am happy to be held accountable for my actions in that match.

To the point you actually raised though, it is very unusual for someone in a FP match to get get TKed for ignoring the team drop caller, unless their actions are actively undermining the team achieving its objective. In fact, your example reinforces that point.

Liar.

I sent you a PM about this, since I don't want to name and shame, but you sir, are a flat out liar.

I was in that match. I have screenshots.

You can spin it any way you want to.. You, me and 3 (or more if they were paying attention) third-parties know what happened.

Edited by Vellron2005, 02 July 2019 - 02:39 AM.

#45 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 02:44 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 02 July 2019 - 02:35 AM, said:

Liar.

I sent you a PM about this, since I don't want to name and shame, but you sir, are a flat out liar.

I was in that match. I have screenshots.

You can spin it any way you want to.. You, me and 3 (or more if they were paying attention) third-parties know what happened.

A screenshot that shows the difference in intent between a warning shot gone wrong and a deliberate TK? That must be some very sophisticated screen capture software you're running.

in any case, let's just agree I am a terrible person and that the OP would definitely be better off not dropping with me.

However, I don't think I'd go so far as to encourage them to play a different game. It's an interesting game and there are many good people who play it.

Edited by Appogee, 02 July 2019 - 02:47 AM.

#46 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 02:52 AM

View PostAppogee, on 02 July 2019 - 02:44 AM, said:

A screenshot that shows the difference in intent between a warning shot gone wrong and a deliberate TK? That must be some very sophisticated screen capture software you're running.

in any case, let's just agree I am a terrible person and that the OP would definitely be better off not dropping with me.

However, I don't think I'd go so far as to encourage them to play a different game. It's an interesting game and there are many good people who play it.

Well maybe not a different game.. gods know we need the population Posted Image

But if you play a game that is not fun for you, and FP is certainly not fun at most times.. why play it?

BTW, screenshots don't show intent. But they do show the general chat and what was said, who killed who, and such you know.. general atmosphere.. And that can say a lot.. And those that were there know what happened..

#47 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 03:35 AM

7/10 would TK Velleron2005

#48 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 03:41 AM

View PostMcGoat, on 02 July 2019 - 03:35 AM, said:

7/10 would TK Velleron2005

Thanks for the compliment ;-)

#49 theUgly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 09:33 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 02 July 2019 - 03:41 AM, said:

Thanks for the compliment ;-)

Hey what is wrong with TKs ?

#50 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 09:36 AM

TKs are a compliment, it's literally short for "thanks"

#51 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 09:58 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 02 July 2019 - 02:52 AM, said:

Well maybe not a different game.. gods know we need the population Posted Image

But if you play a game that is not fun for you, and FP is certainly not fun at most times.. why play it?

BTW, screenshots don't show intent. But they do show the general chat and what was said, who killed who, and such you know.. general atmosphere.. And that can say a lot.. And those that were there know what happened..

Maybe the reason, u dont have fun in fp, has something to do with your team attitude?
If u dont like it, simply dont play the mode.
Most pugs we get in our matches and that find themself in a team vs team fight say:"wow, this is so much more fun"

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 02 July 2019 - 10:03 AM.

#52 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 12:21 PM

10/10 can't TK vellron because he's too far from the fight for me to TK.

#53 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 04:14 PM

View PostNightbird, on 02 July 2019 - 09:36 AM, said:

TKs are a compliment, it's literally short for "thanks"

Tks for pointing that out ;)

#54 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 July 2019 - 04:46 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 02 July 2019 - 12:49 AM, said:

Perhaps in an attempt to please younger players, MWO has been sliding down to the level of a twitch shooter.

You whole front center torso armor is worth 2 HP, maybe 3 HP with skill points in the survival treeY, so a slow moving brawling assault can hope to survive no more then a single mistake, you're probably better off putting points in mobility and not skimping on the engine, focus on long range weapons and maybe also forget about using an Atlas, because IS has a whole handful of MWO's best assaults and Atlas isn't one of them.

Posted Image

#55 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 04:48 PM

ITT; one of the most incorrect things I've heard all year.

GJ dexter.

#56 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 04:47 AM

In a premade stomp you can only take up to 3 alpha to the center torso.

Of course you can also "dodge" hits to the center torso so that it can survive more then 3 shots... but that's because you're spreading the damage to other parts and not because your center torso can take more then 3 alpha.

And when you have more then one player shooting it, you're dead in 1 cooldown.

#57 theUgly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • 184 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 06:58 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 07 July 2019 - 04:47 AM, said:

Of course you can also "dodge" hits to the center torso so that it can survive more then 3 shots... but that's because you're spreading the damage to other parts and not because your center torso can take more then 3 alpha.

Guess you are speaking about your warhammers .. not an atlas.

#58 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 07 July 2019 - 07:12 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 03 July 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

Posted Image

Is that MechTheDane? Where did you find him?

#59 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 07 July 2019 - 08:18 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 07 July 2019 - 04:47 AM, said:

Still doesn't make it a twitch shooter. Twitch shooters have super low TTK from a single shooter, not massed focus fire. Anyone that plays any other fps like Counterstrike, Battlefield 5, PUBG, Apex Legends, etc will tell you it is laughably different. In fact, even Battlefield 5 and Apex Legends TTK is considered high in fps circles, and the TTK in those games are far far lower than MWO.

Edited by Vxheous, 07 July 2019 - 08:22 AM.

#60 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 12:41 PM

Don't be silly Dexter, whomever sees you never calls you out to be focus fired, everyone wants to farm your LRM boat solo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users