Suspicious Activity

229 replies to this topic

#201 Kurlon

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 11:23 AM

Please, find one person ever that was about to accuse someone of cheating and then thought "wait, this game has anti-cheat" and therefore stopped.

One.

Until you do, no amount of needle threading and goal post manipulation is going to get around the following facts:

MWO already has both anti-cheat tools in the game and a server-client engine that is fairly robustly ant-cheat by design. They're also responsive to documentation of cheating that has slipped past.

Hackusating is rampant in most every competitive online game out there, the 'top tier arena shooters' in particular are hives of constant accusing. I've yet to find an example of an arena shooter where this is not the case, with or without know anti-cheat technology. Thus, people are proven to not care if it's there or not, they're still going to hackusate. The theoretical subset of people who 'complain about cheaters because of the lack of anti-cheat' will just turn into people who complain about cheaters. It's a meaningless class distinction as the whole group of mass hackusators are acting out of willful ignorance to begin with. Trying to ply them with a new fact that goes against their internalized assumptions that they clearly can't ever loose to anything other than hacks isn't going to work.

#202 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 12:13 PM

Y'all ever hear of a game called "counter-strike?"

:P

#203 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 01:59 PM

View PostTemporary Axis, on 03 March 2020 - 04:31 AM, said:

Also we need a best of five 1v1 between Chen and Denair, then Chen and Scout to back up Chen's largely implied claim of being the better pilot.

Happy to spectate and stream for all to see (in case of win trading /s)

No thanks I’d rather 1v1 cactus with my ****.

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 03 March 2020 - 01:59 PM.

#204 Temporary Axis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 04:29 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 03 March 2020 - 01:59 PM, said:

No thanks I’d rather 1v1 cactus with my ****.

In Soviet Russia.....

#205 D U N E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 05:53 AM

Edit: Know what, don't want to be dragged into **** if I don't need to.

Edited by D U N E, 04 March 2020 - 06:08 AM.

#206 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 04 March 2020 - 08:27 AM

View PostChenGGez, on 02 March 2020 - 09:09 PM, said:

I have never once accused anyone of hacking in this game and I myself have been accused of cheating/hacking multiple times in game by pugs in QP and by HHoD unit members alike.

My reason for having an active anti-cheat system in this game is not for the cheaters, but for the people that think there are cheaters because there is no publicly announced anti-cheat system in this game.

Having such a system or publicly advertising the current retroactive anti-cheat system will increase player confidence in the product and improve playerbase retention.

I have said this multiple times in this thread people don't read.

Maybe if you realized how pointless this is, then maybe people would listen more to you.

But keep on going about how the comp and casual communities are divided, and about how people are toxic and how people are wrong.

#207 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,966 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 04 March 2020 - 02:44 PM

View PostKurlon, on 03 March 2020 - 11:23 AM, said:

Please, find one person ever that was about to accuse someone of cheating and then thought "wait, this game has anti-cheat" and therefore stopped.

One.

Until you do, no amount of needle threading and goal post manipulation is going to get around the following facts:

MWO already has both anti-cheat tools in the game and a server-client engine that is fairly robustly ant-cheat by design. They're also responsive to documentation of cheating that has slipped past.

Hackusating is rampant in most every competitive online game out there, the 'top tier arena shooters' in particular are hives of constant accusing. I've yet to find an example of an arena shooter where this is not the case, with or without know anti-cheat technology. Thus, people are proven to not care if it's there or not, they're still going to hackusate. The theoretical subset of people who 'complain about cheaters because of the lack of anti-cheat' will just turn into people who complain about cheaters. It's a meaningless class distinction as the whole group of mass hackusators are acting out of willful ignorance to begin with. Trying to ply them with a new fact that goes against their internalized assumptions that they clearly can't ever loose to anything other than hacks isn't going to work.

wait MWO has an anti-cheat system?

I just remember the big ban controversy but only after someone posted a vid on youtube about hacks

only after that was there a big move to ban like 60 players

then Russ said (complained?) how much it cost to look for cheaters

the people that get mad sound just like Lance Armstrong that would go after people who even suggested he was cheating

well it turned out he was cheating (it took years for the truth to come out)

for the record I am not say people are cheating but I blame PGI for everything (they have to be responsible for there own game)

I remember one NGNG pod cast when the former PGI programmer said they gave new players a boost

I about feel out of my chair when I heard that (my thought was if new players are getting a boost who else is getting a boost)

I have dropped in with teams in CW and all of a sudden I had this super Mech that did not over heat

another was seeing the whole other team show up at the start of a CW drop so we knew what direction they where coming from

this was way before the radar sweep

I tried to start playing WarThunder last year but MWO ruined my ability enjoy other games

later in the year WarThunder bans 400 accounts and joins this system

https://www.easy.ac/en-us/partners/ (anti-cheat system)

I also follow these youtube channels
1) Battlenonsense

2) youngyea

Edited by Davegt27, 04 March 2020 - 02:46 PM.

#208 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 04 March 2020 - 03:37 PM

View PostHorseman, on 02 March 2020 - 05:11 PM, said:

More than one member of the unit - including one of your officers - told me in no uncertain terms that they'd like all Europeans to just leave.

Posted Image

#209 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 March 2020 - 04:22 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 04 March 2020 - 02:44 PM, said:

wait MWO has an anti-cheat system?

I just remember the big ban controversy but only after someone posted a vid on youtube about hacks

only after that was there a big move to ban like 60 players

then Russ said (complained?) how much it cost to look for cheaters

the people that get mad sound just like Lance Armstrong that would go after people who even suggested he was cheating

well it turned out he was cheating (it took years for the truth to come out)

for the record I am not say people are cheating but I blame PGI for everything (they have to be responsible for there own game)

I remember one NGNG pod cast when the former PGI programmer said they gave new players a boost

I about feel out of my chair when I heard that (my thought was if new players are getting a boost who else is getting a boost)

I have dropped in with teams in CW and all of a sudden I had this super Mech that did not over heat

another was seeing the whole other team show up at the start of a CW drop so we knew what direction they where coming from

this was way before the radar sweep

I tried to start playing WarThunder last year but MWO ruined my ability enjoy other games

later in the year WarThunder bans 400 accounts and joins this system

https://www.easy.ac/en-us/partners/ (anti-cheat system)

I also follow these youtube channels
1) Battlenonsense

2) youngyea

OK heres what I remembered from back then.

Yes there is an Anti Cheat System.

There was a youtuber who I wont name out who posted a private video about the cheating and pretty much reported everything about it.

In terms as to the amount of accounts that were banned for cheating, That number is actually a lot higher than 60. There were 2 or more mass ban hammers that happened. The 1st mass ban hammer had players who were caught and banned. Their names were listed to the public. Personally I liked that idea because it tells me they violated EULA. Lots of teams including teams we know even now had players who were caught cheating without realizing it The 2nd mass ban hammer was more of a ambush style tactic that PGI decided to do since Russ mentioned about it too much in a podcast so there was no 2nd list of names. If another player was banned out of nowhere, tough luck. You were caught.

I know that one team in the community did posted a public apology when they found out that one or more of their players were placed on the list. They wanted to ensure everyone that they were taking that very seriously and took steps against those players in banning them from their TS and all ETC.

Another thing you have to remember dave is that anti cheat systems have to updated a lot. If anyone played COD4 on PC back in those old days, they had to keep Punkbuster updated as much as possible.

Does PGI need to get their sorry asses back into supporting MWO and all? Yes.

#210 -Mean Machine Angel-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 195 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 05:00 PM

Hah.Someone hasn't played in years,comes back,dies abit because of any number of omitted reasons,and cries on forums.

#211 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 01:28 AM

Wow. 11 pages. Quite impressive for a Post in CW-Subforum.

Too long, did not read.
But read the 11th page. Looks like we went from one person calling cheaters, to bashing a certain Unit.

Just posted here to be part of the hype.

#212 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 05 March 2020 - 09:20 PM

View Posttee5, on 05 March 2020 - 01:28 AM, said:

one person calling cheaters, to bashing a certain Unit that repeatedly claims there are cheaters but cannot provide a single piece of evidence to back up to the multitude of statements

Fixed for you.

#213 JUGMAN

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 05:17 PM

View PostMcGoat, on 15 June 2019 - 09:00 AM, said:

There can only be one answer. Cheaters.

wait there are cheaters? hmmmm we should have someone post a cheater channel in Goats Discord.

#214 Krovakon

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 05:44 PM

View PostJUGMAN, on 13 July 2020 - 05:17 PM, said:

wait there are cheaters? hmmmm we should have someone post a cheater channel in Goats Discord.

There definitely are cheaters, during my first day of play 2 months ago I saw someone who was aimbotting AC/2's. I haven't seen it since then but in that specific instance it was 100% for sure an aimbot. Their aim was always sort of wondering around and whenever someone entered their view it'd move and track perfectly until they left their view at which point it'd immediately head back to where they were aiming before the snap. In 180 hours since then I've never seen anything remotely like that.

#215 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 13 July 2020 - 09:48 PM

View PostKrovakon, on 13 July 2020 - 05:44 PM, said:

There definitely are cheaters, during my first day of play 2 months ago I saw someone who was aimbotting AC/2's. I haven't seen it since then but in that specific instance it was 100% for sure an aimbot. Their aim was always sort of wondering around and whenever someone entered their view it'd move and track perfectly until they left their view at which point it'd immediately head back to where they were aiming before the snap. In 180 hours since then I've never seen anything remotely like that.

so they were looking for targets, once they saw one they aimed and hit them, and then started looking for targets again, 100% hax confirmed!

#216 Krovakon

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 12:08 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 13 July 2020 - 09:48 PM, said:

so they were looking for targets, once they saw one they aimed and hit them, and then started looking for targets again, 100% hax confirmed!

Did you read the entire thing? It went from being a completely wandering gaze to perfect shifting and tracking and immediately reverted back to casual wondering the moment the mech disappeared from their LoS like they completely forgot it existed. It was perfect to the point it was mechanical and then the moment they left LoS it stopped being mechanical in the slightest and looked like a player who hadn't played more than 2 hours who was standing out in the open. Each time someone walked in, it'd track and shoot until they left LoS and then reset exactly to wherever they were looking before something walked into LoS. Since then I have never seen any player act remotely close to that level of clean precision. I have not seen any content creators move like that, I haven't seen anyone in faction play do that in 180 hours of play.

#217 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 14 July 2020 - 07:06 AM

Have you ever used Zoom? It cuts down on the situational awareness, the zoom window has a very small FOV, and once a player is even slightly familiar to the map, the player snaps back to the spot that potential opponents may use to cross the area. And said player has to adjust for lead time and mouse control. And that is where a player has changes his/her mouse sensitivity from its default far right to somewhere between 0.1 to 0.3, then it times drop the mouse DPS down even more to slow down the mouse movement.

Also, remember I said it cuts down the situational awareness? I have behavior like that and said player missing targets of opportunity until said targets starts nailing it, forcing the player to move. If the player had been more aware, said player could have potentially forced the closer targets to retreat/evade incoming fire.

Lets say the player hadnt played more than 2 hours and said player was standing in the open. My question would be, why was the other side not firing back at him? And if you were observing this, why werent you firing back at said player? It would be funny if someone had trained their kid to be a turret and get them setup in a location for suppression fire.

MWO may have an overall steep learning curve but specific things are not difficult to perform by themselves, the difficulty is bringing it all together.

#218 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 12:52 AM

You can't handle da Advanced Zooom! "Quote Tom Cruise Allard Davion"

Did you know you can use the sides of the screen when Advanced Zoomed for another level of magnification.
It's between normal Hi level magnification and Advanced Zoom magnification giving you 4 levels of magnification.

Mortals can only handle 3 levels of magnification! Pff

So when advanced Zoomed I can use the sides of the screen with a bigger field of view to scan the battlefield and increase my situational awareness when advanced zoomed.

Saves wear on your Advanced Zoom button which will please your mechs technicians.

Now that you know the secret to brawling with Advanced Zoom,
Remember, with great power comes great responsibility

FTW

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 15 July 2020 - 01:07 AM.

#219 evil kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 11:52 PM

i see that once again, this forum has become the epitome of logic and reason.

well done on the debate tactics from both sides. they will be referencing this forum in law schools for years to come.

#220 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 01:49 AM

View Postevilelrond, on 16 July 2020 - 11:52 PM, said:

i see that once again, this forum has become the epitome of logic and reason.

well done on the debate tactics from both sides. they will be referencing this forum in law schools for years to come.

We aim to please our salty overlords ^^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users