Fp Lfg Nights

Social

88 replies to this topic

Poll: FP LFG Nights Interest (168 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you interested to join FP LFG Night?

1. Hells to the no. (11 votes [6.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.15%

2. Yes, as an FP Vet (Solo) (78 votes [43.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.58%

3. Voted Yes, as an FP Newb (Solo) (61 votes [34.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.08%

4. Yes, as an FP Newb (Unit) (13 votes [7.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.26%

5. Yes, my unit knows FP and we would like to provide veteran groups along with MS. (16 votes [8.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:18 AM

View PostBSK, on 18 July 2019 - 12:57 AM, said:

This is the reason why the recruiting fee needs to be removed to revive FP. Units are hubs and multipliers. Yes, we have to deal with the matthew effect, but overall it will benefit the community. I had to pay more than 500.000.000 for people who accidentially left during faction related events or bad design of the UI, until I was done and let the unit shrink from 250 to 130. Establish a maximum for the unit size if you have to, but after a while no one is willing to constantly pay for recruitment ..

I completely disagree. It's 50k per person already in the unit. That's NOTHING. If you want to join a unit and you can't convince the other people already in it that it's worth 50k them to have you join, then obviously they don't really want you that badly.

You say you had at least 130 other people in the unit - what the heck were they doing? Split 500,000,000 130 ways, and that's less than the proceeds of one extra night of faction play each. if you have people not ponying up their fair share, then maybe they ought to get kicked out.

Edit - correcting math error

Edited by Khalcruth, 21 July 2019 - 05:25 PM.

#42 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 21 July 2019 - 06:37 AM

It is amazing what a bit of organization brings to this game. Why can't PGI put in some effort to organize matches like this? It would be nice if the community leaders actually brought the community together.

#43 Znozoic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 133 posts
  • Locationin the *** of the world, literally (argentina)

Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:30 AM

Next one?

#44 OldSchoolCav

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 23 July 2019 - 06:27 AM

Note - changed date!!

I was just reminded that the R3 comp is the weekend of the 3rd. Rather then split the pop or delay any farther, the next FP LFG event is scheduled for Saturday, July 27th 2019 at 2000 UTC (3PM Central, 10PM Germany, 6AM AEST). With the earlier NA start, we can try to keep the ball rolling for long enough to allow our ANZAC friends to join on Sunday morning.
mercstar.teamspeak3.com

Sorry for any confusion.

Edited by OldSchoolCav, 23 July 2019 - 10:36 AM.

#45 O L L O

• PipPipPip
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 10:57 AM

Reinstalled Teamspeak3 on my new PC to make sure everything works before Saturday.

So you just paste mercstar.teamspeak3.com into TeamSpeak3->Connections->Connect, right? I'm not having any luck with it. And when I search for mercstar among the servers I come up empty.

Guess it's time to look up a tutorial.

#46 OldSchoolCav

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:00 AM

View PostOllollo, on 23 July 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

Reinstalled Teamspeak3 on my new PC to make sure everything works before Saturday.

So you just paste mercstar.teamspeak3.com into TeamSpeak3->Connections->Connect, right? I'm not having any luck with it. And when I search for mercstar among the servers I come up empty.

Guess it's time to look up a tutorial.

Yes, in TeamSpeak3->Connections->Connect, then paste mercstar.teamspeak3.com into server nickname or address. There is no pasword. Set your nickname to your in-game name. That should do it.

#47 O L L O

• PipPipPip
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:04 AM

View PostOldSchoolCav, on 23 July 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

Yes, in TeamSpeak3->Connections->Connect, then paste mercstar.teamspeak3.com into server nickname or address. There is no pasword. Set your nickname to your in-game name. That should do it.

Aha, it's mercstar.teamspeak3.com! Works now - thanks! You wrote mercstar.teamspeak3.net inte the very first post. :)

#48 OldSchoolCav

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:08 AM

View PostOllollo, on 23 July 2019 - 11:04 AM, said:

Aha, it's mercstar.teamspeak3.com! Works now - thanks! You wrote mercstar.teamspeak3.net inte the very first post. Posted Image

Damn! - Fixed, thanks for letting me know.

Edited by OldSchoolCav, 23 July 2019 - 11:09 AM.

#49 Keiron Halcyon

Rookie

• The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:19 AM

I might just have to show up to the next one. Looks like it was a lot of fun!

#50 DeVolt_RKS

• Pip
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:08 PM

Great event,

Would like to join the next session, with some up and coming friends. I would appreciate being in group with an experienced FP veteran to guide us, so that we can learn more. Thanks.

#51 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 12:19 PM

You guys are doing one today at some point yea?

#52 OldSchoolCav

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 27 July 2019 - 03:14 PM

FP LFG #2 was a success - 4 - 5 12-mans running on MS comms, 2 - 3 others on their own. I got 7 drops in 3 hours. Thanks for coming! Next is in the top post in this thread.

Posted Image

#53 O L L O

• PipPipPip
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 01:09 PM

View PostOldSchoolCav, on 27 July 2019 - 03:14 PM, said:

It was great fun! Many thanks for having us over, much appruciated. I'll come next time too! :)

#54 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:34 AM

There were 12 mans before the event too. I had come on early and loaded up on matches. Thanks all for the games <S>.

It is amazing how MWO players group up so easily when given a basic platform to gather. MWO sure dropped the ball on their in-game communications platform and just having a basic community leader to gather matches.

#55 O L L O

• PipPipPip
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 02:07 AM

The cheerful guy with the whiskey voice that gave me the label 'senior' at the start had difficulties pronouncing my name, so I went and changed it. All set for next event.

Ollo, formerly Ollollo

#56 Hammer Hand

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 01 August 2019 - 02:12 PM

I have not been able to make the first 2 but I will be on the next one! I'm looking forward to it.

#57 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 03:17 PM

View PostOldSchoolCav, on 08 July 2019 - 10:05 AM, said:

Repeated failure to meet any of these criteria will result in players being kicked from comms and the in-game group. We will provide feedback in a “gentle” manner

Unless Zal doesn't like you, in which case you'll be banned without a word and if you ask what's up with that, the story changes but the ban remains.

I guess I have my priority target list now, don't I?

Edited by Omniseed, 01 August 2019 - 03:19 PM.

#58 OldSchoolCav

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 03 August 2019 - 03:38 PM

View PostOmniseed, on 01 August 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

Unless Zal doesn't like you, in which case you'll be banned without a word and if you ask what's up with that, the story changes but the ban remains.

I guess I have my priority target list now, don't I?

It wasn't Zal, it was telling one of our officers who was calling to redact your redacted. It is a temporary ban - 3 months. It will be over in another 2 or so. Sorry if that wasn't clear Omni - you will still be welcome back in another 60 days.

#59 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:02 PM

IMPORTANT MESSAGE:

ANY participant during this event August 17th between 19:00 UTC and 23:00 UTC will be receiving a per match played extra reward (still TBD (probably CBills)) on Monday.

#60 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:05 PM

Now that is what I am talking about. Show me the money. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users