Fp Lfg Nights

Social

88 replies to this topic

Poll: FP LFG Nights Interest (168 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you interested to join FP LFG Night?

1. Hells to the no. (11 votes [6.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.15%

2. Yes, as an FP Vet (Solo) (78 votes [43.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.58%

3. Voted Yes, as an FP Newb (Solo) (61 votes [34.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.08%

4. Yes, as an FP Newb (Unit) (13 votes [7.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.26%

5. Yes, my unit knows FP and we would like to provide veteran groups along with MS. (16 votes [8.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Guillaume Renard

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 23 July 2020 - 08:47 PM

At the risk of necro. Is this still a thing?

#82 Absaint

• PipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 05:13 AM

Would very much like to see something like this around.

Worth the necro in my book!

#83 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 05:59 AM

Join one of the bigger units discord- and/or teamspeak servers. Furthermore Yondu and Ash still drop in FP afaik and have a soft spot for newcomers as long as they are able to listen / interested in learning.

#84 Absaint

• PipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 06:11 AM

Thanks, any recomended names for FP units discord?

#85 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 11:11 PM

Join the MWOComp Discord if you have not already, that is where I found most links to others units Discord-Servers by browsing the channels or bluntly asking people that drop FP from what I know.

Afaik there ain't an actual list like there once has been for Teamspeak-Servers. Sorry for not being able to provide more details.

#86 Erithanis

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2022 - 10:38 PM

View PostGreystoke, on 08 July 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

Great idea... A chance for newer players to experience another game mode provided by the developers. Get involved.. try it out... and decide afterwards if this is something you would enjoy pursuing.

Was discussing FP with my friends and as a new player, the biggest problem with this game mode is that spending appx $60 to get a mech starter pack only opens up one side of faction play. I've never played a game before where a $60 investment didn't unlock the entire game. So you have to own 8 mechs to open up the whole game--and this is needed because the matching fails unless both sides are present.

#87 Jeff on a Buffalo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 10:17 AM

View PostErithanis, on 12 March 2022 - 10:38 PM, said:

Was discussing FP with my friends and as a new player, the biggest problem with this game mode is that spending appx $60 to get a mech starter pack only opens up one side of faction play. I've never played a game before where a $60 investment didn't unlock the entire game. So you have to own 8 mechs to open up the whole game--and this is needed because the matching fails unless both sides are present.

Erithanis, this is a Free-to-Play game. You don't need to spend money for any portion of this game. There is also trial mechs that people can use to complete drop decks for either the Clan or Inner Sphere side but that is not generally recommended. If you are just starting out in the game, Quick Play and Solaris is where you want to start out with. After you played 20-50 hours of that and have leveled a few mechs, then giving Faction War-fare a try is something to try since Faction War-fare is generally considered to be "End-Game" content that can be tough to get into at first but can be found to be quite rewarding after you figure it out. Cheers!

#88 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 06 April 2022 - 04:32 AM

View PostErithanis, on 12 March 2022 - 10:38 PM, said:

If you and your friends are wanting help figuring out faction play y’all should stop by our unit discord. We love helping out new players/players new to faction play in what ever way we can.

https://discord.gg/4HbbGChk

#89 Pheniks

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 September 2023 - 01:14 PM

Hello everyone, I'm from Poland but I also speak English and I'm looking for a group to play with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users