Hitbox

49 replies to this topic

#41 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 09:22 PM

Greetings, MechWarriors! I've added the Hatchetman and updated the Fafnir hitboxes.

First, a thank you to PGI for including their Fafnir hitbox changes in the patch notes. I have complained about unannounced hitbox changes in the past, and it's good to see the patch note team doing the right thing.

Hatchetman - pretty straight forward. Don't shoot the axe, unless you are aiming thru it into the 'Mech.

Fafnir - big changes expanding the front side torsos (ST) onto the center torso. The front ST also dropped lower into the hips. From the rear the upper CT grew into both ST, but not by much.

#42 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 27 July 2023 - 10:46 AM

View PostRabidQua1l, on 25 July 2023 - 11:11 AM, said:

These are the stone rhino hitboxes LavaDa1shi helped me i also did not make images for the shield arms and the back of it because the back is very similar to the front and I doubt any the shields have any parts that are not arm and thats the only difference between the shield arm variant also I'm too lazy

<<< Image from https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/901690643053686826/1133476550386397244/SR_Hitboxes.jpg?width=1440&height=638 >>>

Hello there, 'RabidQua1l'... Your image is failing to render for me, and I tried opening it several ways. Could you please verify that it really is a true ".jpg" file format, and not some other thing? :(

~D. V. "unable to see your Stone Rhino HitBoxes image for some unknown reason" Devnull

#43 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 August 2023 - 10:06 PM

Greetings, MechWarriors. Reminder - new 'Mech hitboxes are mapped and posted after they are available for MC. For the Stone Rhino, the FAQ says that will happen on 23-Jan-2024.

I can't stop you from posting your own stuff, but I won't be updating the hit box images or PDFs until then.

#44 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,418 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 04 August 2023 - 07:51 AM

aw shucks, almost thought that there's a major update to the hit box mappings ;)

(Honestly, cannot wait for your next update!)

#45 pekez

• PipPip
  • Guillotine
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 October 2023 - 06:29 PM

Any idea why clan file is called Hitboxes_Clan.pdf but IS is PowerPoint Presentation when opened in a pdf viewer? Also .. pls stone rhino boxes, can't seem to nail those in the head.

#46 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 13 November 2023 - 08:21 PM

View Postpekez, on 27 October 2023 - 06:29 PM, said:

Any idea why clan file is called Hitboxes_Clan.pdf but IS is PowerPoint Presentation when opened in a pdf viewer? Also .. pls stone rhino boxes, can't seem to nail those in the head.

Huh. I see the IS version as "HitBoxes_IS.pdf" and Clan as "HitBoxes_Clan.pdf". What pdf viewer do you use?

Re: Stone Rhino - the 'Mech is not released for MC until 23-Jan-2024, so no hit boxes before then.

#47 aardappelianen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 195 posts
  • Locationamsterdam

Posted 25 November 2023 - 04:07 PM

the insides of the fins on the arctiwolfs shoulders are entirely rear torso? if im looking at the pdf right.
so this is how i got my left torso crit out entirely by a 600m+ double ppc shot from the front? leaving front armor untouched

very depressing, please fix this

Edited by aardappelianen, 25 November 2023 - 04:13 PM.

#48 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 08:26 PM

Added the Stone Rhino - and it's a chonky boi.

This 'Mech has a lot of side torso, especially in the rear. However, the biggest thing to note is the upper CT weapon pod - the ST portions are front ST all the time. No rear ST on the upper weapon pod. In addition, the very top of the rear ST is also front ST. So torso elevation changes can expose armor you may not expect. In addition, the cockpit hitbox is a bit to the 'Mech's right side.

Comment - during one testing session the top weapon pod left ST registered as CT. Not the whole left front ST, only the weapon pod. But it was all of the normally left ST weapon pod. I tested an additional nine times and each time it was ST-only, but that one time was CT. I don't know if this is a private lobby issue or what.

#49 pekez

• PipPip
  • Guillotine
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 February 2024 - 11:20 AM

As always, thx for the update. One question about stone rhino head hitbox: the bigger picture shows the head slightly off center toward the upper left corner of the "window" is that accurate? I've had trouble headshotting rhinoes aiming for the window.

Edited by pekez, 01 February 2024 - 11:21 AM.

#50 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 06 February 2024 - 03:49 PM

View Postpekez, on 01 February 2024 - 11:20 AM, said:

As always, thx for the update. One question about stone rhino head hitbox: the bigger picture shows the head slightly off center toward the upper left corner of the "window" is that accurate? I've had trouble headshotting rhinoes aiming for the window.

The cockpit hitbox is a bit off-center. To the right of the Stone Rhino's point of view, to the left if you are shooting it from the front.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users