143 replies to this topic

#41 Trennbull

• PipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:54 PM

View PostQuakeRiley, on 12 July 2019 - 09:17 PM, said:

You know what disappoints me the most? No fix for not being able to change server regions.

Chris said they would look into it. Also received reply from tech support that they would investigate. We'll, no need anymore I guess.

Maintenance Mode activated. That went faster than I thought. So sad :(

#42 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:21 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 12 July 2019 - 09:22 PM, said:

Still no bandwidth to bring isXL inline with LFE/cXL by surviving ST loss but with different penalties? We have been waiting since the time the new Skill Tree went live......

never. going. to happen.

View Posttacorodwarrior, on 12 July 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

And this from the 45% guy on Jarl's list lol.

and if Jarl's list actually mattered, that would mean something Posted Image specially as all it means is "whether or not Player actually plays anything else or has a life beyond MWO" or even just "Whether or not Player consistently drops solo, or never does because they're a ***** who wants to inflate their W/L ratio by being carried."

Edited by Arkhangel, 12 July 2019 - 10:24 PM.

#43 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:22 PM

View PostTrennbull, on 12 July 2019 - 09:54 PM, said:

Chris said they would look into it. Also received reply from tech support that they would investigate. We'll, no need anymore I guess.

Maintenance Mode activated. That went faster than I thought. So sad Posted Image

Particularly for a bug that is pretty significant, if you don't play in a prime time you kind of need to search all servers to hope to get drops.

#44 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:35 PM

View PostQuakeRiley, on 12 July 2019 - 09:36 PM, said:

What would ever be the point of running an LFE then beyond slot usage? IS builds tend to run cooler anyway so you could lose 40% of your engine heat cap and still be pretty fine.

DIfferent percentages for not just dissipation rate itself but capacity loss itself. And it removes the automatic instant death but converts it to likely blow up if running too close to max heat bar.

And it would help make IS Omni more viable, or else players will be targeting a ST, if PGI ever adds them. It would also reduce new player frustration, provided PGI is expecting fresh blood to be drawn in once MW5 is released. All IS (C) use isXL.

Lets not forget it is has the same weight savings as a cXL while taking up 2 more slots and would expect to have greater percentage penalties due to losing a greater percentage of engine shielding. And majority of IS equipment takes up more crits and weight more than their Clan equivalent.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 13 July 2019 - 04:47 AM.

#45 Jon McFuzzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:53 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 12 July 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

Upcoming Patch - 16, July, 2019 @ 10AM – 1PM PDT

Posted Image
  • Drop Decks can now become a "on sale" item in game
  • New conversion rates for XP are available for future events
  • GSP (Global Skill Point) can now become a reward for future events

Really late to do these, but good changes anyways.

#46 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 12 July 2019 - 11:19 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 12 July 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

and if Jarl's list actually mattered, that would mean something Posted Image specially as all it means is "whether or not Player actually plays anything else or has a life beyond MWO" or even just "Whether or not Player consistently drops solo, or never does because they're a ***** who wants to inflate their W/L ratio by being carried."

I'll be the one to tell you that Jarl's list prioritize average match score over W/L.... in fact W/L has absolutely zero effect in that list.

lol... playing in groups also hurts your stats if you wanna be at the top on that list. So, yeah... players on top of that list are the ones that can carry a full team of 11 potatoes.

#47 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 13 July 2019 - 12:43 AM

I've never seen a company so completely disinterested in its own product.

#48 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 12:45 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 12 July 2019 - 10:35 PM, said:

DIfferent percentages for not just dissipation rate itself but capacity loss itself. And it removes the automatic instant death but converts it to likely blow up if running too close to max heat bar.

And it would help make IS Omni more viable, or else players will be targeting a ST. It would also reduce new player frustration, provided PGI is expecting fresh blood to be drawn in once MW5 is released. All IS (C) use isXL.

Lets not forget it is has the same weight savings as a cXL while taking up 2 more slots and would expect to have greater percentage penalties due to losing a greater percentage of engine shielding. And majority of IS equipment takes up more crits and weight more than their Clan equivalent.

I agree with the possibility of making IS Omni's more viable, but lets be honest we're never going to get IS omnis now. While IS XLs would stop you from using the bigger ballistics they'd make SHS stacking assaults so much more viable, in fact I'd say to the point where you could lose a ST and still be laughing from how good your heat management was.

#49 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 13 July 2019 - 01:00 AM

And so "The Year of Faction Play" continues to advance at breakneck pace!

Edited by Appogee, 13 July 2019 - 01:02 AM.

#50 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 13 July 2019 - 03:56 AM

They broke it and will never fix it.

Game over.

#51 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:33 AM

View PostNathan White, on 12 July 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

So, where is FP changes? Where is FP leaderboard? You broke everything with one patch in May and now dont do anything?

The lack of either fix or mention means that it's "working as intended." They broke FP for a reason. They're not fixing it for the same reason. It's actually easy to see if you take a step back and simply look at their actions instead of their words.

#52 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 05:08 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 12 July 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

I bet Chris is busy balancing MW5

If i could i would cancel my pre-order just because of this.

#53 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 13 July 2019 - 05:25 AM

View PostChiasson Brinker, on 12 July 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

It'll be worth playing as long as I can sit down at my computer and stomp around a map like a digital Godzilla without listening to people whinge more than they play.

This from a 20% Jarl's list player who has played 133 games and who has been part of the community for 5 months now.

Edited by tacorodwarrior, 13 July 2019 - 05:29 AM.

#54 TinFoilHat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 July 2019 - 05:47 AM

Wow - rename thread as patch post-it note? Is this what we're going to be getting used to?

#55 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 13 July 2019 - 06:08 AM

The patch to end all patches Posted Image

I have a very small hope that patches after MW5 release will get better. But i think the time of my final screenshot session and permanent uninstall is near.

Well, thanks for creating good concept art, PGI. Other than that you were only good at perpetually fooling players that you can make this game good, soon TM. Even after Solaris disaster you still got my hopes up with the "year of CW".
The year of CW... Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#56 The Man with the Plan

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 07:03 AM

Thank you for the dropdeck sale, I have been wanting one for a long time Posted Image

#57 Sparky424

• PipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 07:10 AM

PGI this is sad . If I would have known this I would have not bought MW5.

#58 Slambot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 07:37 AM

They have stated flat out that they are not going to invest much more time and effort into this game, mainly because we as a community have stopped spending much money on it. We are 2 months from MW5 and that is 100% of their emphasis. Beta is next month. It IS still disappointing that there is a big bunch of nothing in this patch.

#59 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 July 2019 - 07:39 AM

View PostSigmar Sich, on 13 July 2019 - 06:08 AM, said:

I have a very small hope that patches after MW5 release will get better.
I think this is a similar situation as with the first FW launch - until the license extension is signed, PGI doesn't know if the game is going to stick around past the following year. That in turn means they're not inclined to invest much time or manpower into the project until they know the license has been secured for another few years.

#60 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 13 July 2019 - 08:04 AM

And still no word of the Rifleman IIC's center torso hitbox being fix or adjusted.

I really hope you guys at PGI know I'm withholding my money from MW5 until you fix this problem, since the Sun Spider and Hellbringer got their fix after a month while this mech I spent over $90 for all of the variations just sits in the dust.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users