102 replies to this topic

#21 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:07 PM

Only questions specific to the AMA as far as I know.
For anyone missing out, kudos to Critical Rocket which keeps track of em Amas.

https://www.youtube....earch?query=ama

#22 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 12:29 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 16 July 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

It's an AMA, they won't be answering any of our questions.

Even if they don't answere questions directly they could still answere them by telling us about the development in general. I concider a change in the choice of the release platfrom a part of the development so it might come up in the AMA when something that importend changed.

I also aspect them to talk about an update to the website. IIRC the current one is outdated and with it its information about the release platform, as someone noticed there was a change and PGI allready said there will be news about the website so I would guess that the AMA would be a good place to announce at least when the new site will be up if not putting it online that date.

#23 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 17 July 2019 - 02:13 AM

See! Like I said back on page 1, no need to worry Posted Image. Still, it is always good to hear additional news to back things up.

Another bit of good news, it sounds like the MW5 website might be up soon...

View PostPiratexCore, on 16 July 2019 - 10:32 AM, said:

Posted Image

Matt pinned this in the MW5 discord.

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 17 July 2019 - 02:13 AM.

#24 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:19 AM

Lol. Kind of surprised to see SidAlpha make a video on this...

#25 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:19 AM

Say whar you will about everything else they do, but PGI has done a decent job at answering questions that are relevant to the topic. Obviously if you're asking about irrelevant topics or slow at typing, they may not get to your question, but that's just how it is.

#26 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:30 AM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 18 July 2019 - 02:19 AM, said:

Say whar you will about everything else they do, but PGI has done a decent job at answering questions that are relevant to the topic. Obviously if you're asking about irrelevant topics or slow at typing, they may not get to your question, but that's just how it is.

Posted Image

#27 Izid

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:55 AM

Old Account that didn't play the game much or post at all suddenly appears. I know.

Just for clarification where I'm coming from: I spent ~120€ on the MW:O legendary edition when it arrived (mostly because of franchise fanboyism) and well.. it just didn't turn out to be my cup of tea.

Learning about Mech5: Mercenaries made me very happy though.
This time, I wanted to wait and see how the new one is going to be before buying. BUT egs exclusivity would be a no deal for me. Putting it on EGS, GoG and Steam simultaneously? Sure, I'd take the GoG version than. But I don't want to support third party PC exclusivity.

Just a small, unimportant voice, that was startled by the FAQ.

For further clarification: I'm just not the MP guy, I absolutely understand why you all are having fun with this game though. I'm not trying to paint this game as bad in general.

#28 Polecat

• Pip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:58 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 16 July 2019 - 04:03 AM, said:

PGI had a lot of questionable decisions, I'm not surprised if they went on the Epic Exclusive route. Based on what trainwreck MWO has become, they probably don't even have that much faith in their product that they have to take the bribe to make ends meet, into a self-fulfilling prophecy of it not having that much sales because they intended to serve the deluded megalomaniac that thinks they are doing the gaming industry a service, that is Epic Games.

You know what would fix the gaming industry? Killing off EA, and Micro-Transactions, and Loot-Boxes Surprise-Mechanics, live-service, and bring back the level of quality, of games made of love like Hat-In-Time, or Half-Life-2. I'm playing that MMod and I swear there's a lot of nuances in gaming that the god-damn *****-Gargle-Wee-Wee had forgone. I'd pay 100 dollars for a great game with no micro-transactions, no lootboxes, ain't a live-service.

/rant

You charge $100 for the perfect game with no other DLC or microtransactions or ********, be prepared for your forums to be absolutely flooded with "I'm too poor/lazy to work, give me!" or "When will this be on sale for $5 less?" threads.

Edited by Polecat, 18 July 2019 - 12:59 PM.

#29 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:33 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 16 July 2019 - 11:47 AM, said:

PEOPLE BE ALL WORRIED

lol

Sorry. That just kills me for some reason.

This is a failure to communicate on their part and he's trying to shrug it off as paranoia.

#30 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 04:04 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 18 July 2019 - 02:33 PM, said:

This is a failure to communicate on their part and he's trying to shrug it off as paranoia.

Now a days the way some game company's act paranoia a reasonable state of being.

#31 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 19 July 2019 - 07:18 PM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 18 July 2019 - 02:19 AM, said:

Lol. Kind of surprised to see SidAlpha make a video on this...

He is a big BT fan tho. It's in his personal Wheelhouse. Probably hear something from Mack and WorthaBuy about it as well since he's a fan and MWO player too.

#32 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 20 July 2019 - 01:03 AM

View PostSirSmokes, on 19 July 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

Now a days the way some game company's act paranoia a reasonable state of being.

Unfortunately that's the way of today. To further fuel the paranoia notice how Russ doesn't actually answer the question...

#33 Riptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 02:19 AM

Its not like there is any precedence for Epic to buy up exclusive rights just a month or two before release of a hotly anticipated niche title...

OH WAIT!

We even have kickstarter games that promised to be on steam suddenly being bought up by epic. In this industry there are no standards of decency anymore. If epic wants MW5 to be epic store exclusive, it will be exclusive... thats just how much money they are throwing around.

And i havent met anyone yet that says no to a free pile of money

Edited by Riptor, 20 July 2019 - 02:21 AM.

#34 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 July 2019 - 03:20 PM

I feel like there is a lot of unwarranted hate for Epic. Yes their client kinda sucks still, but as far as buying exclusives they are trying to break what is almost a monopoly, and that's not gonna happen without exclusive big titles.

And the truth is that Valve is abusing their dominant position to screw over developers, the cut they charge is absurdly high and wouldn't stand to compete on any healthy market.

#35 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 03:37 PM

Yeah, it would suck for MW5 to ultimately be a flop because it doesnt sell that well due to being an epic store exclusive.

I dont think im going to mess much with Epic games, since I once did try to DL Fortnite cuz I had thought about playing the "save the world', and I randomly get Email alerts of people trying to log into my account. Sounds super secure.....

THen again, to be fair, I keep getting the same thing in my Email about Steam, people from Malaysia trying to log into my Steam Acct.......either way, dont want to have to keep up with yet another account. I havent done anything with Epic since I made the account....and wont....meh,..

#36 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 03:41 PM

It's not the end of the world, just wait for MW5 EPIC exclusivity to end, get it on Steam for 75% off, and at that point the mods will be ready to fix the game.

The real idiots that the ones doing the beta testing for free

#37 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 20 July 2019 - 05:08 PM

It's not an "AMA", it's a "TYS" (Tell You Something).

EDIT: Aaaaand it's been postponed. Apparently there was nothing new to be told :(

Edited by Appogee, 20 July 2019 - 05:26 PM.

#38 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 20 July 2019 - 09:21 PM

What's the current prediction rate of an Epic shitstorm?
30%?

50%?

80%?

What happens to those that pre-ordered?
Addendum - Wouldn't going over to Epic screw over modders? I'm not sure what EG store has for support of modding like the Steam Workshop but would imagine it's not nearly as developed as Steam's. One of the bigger pitches of this game was that it would be fully mod-able

Edited by Jackal Noble, 20 July 2019 - 09:32 PM.

#39 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 20 July 2019 - 10:34 PM

If Epic just goes ahead and slings LUDICROUS amounts of cash at PGI for MW5 exclusivity, isn't that a fairly good thing? At least PGI will have some dollars then. They might even spend some on MWO...

#40 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:56 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 20 July 2019 - 10:34 PM, said:

If Epic just goes ahead and slings LUDICROUS amounts of cash at PGI for MW5 exclusivity, isn't that a fairly good thing? At least PGI will have some dollars then. They might even spend some on MWO...

MWO was milk from a prize cow that was deposited into a rusty bucket that was left to curdle, mold and depreciate into a hardened pus pocket filled resin. Occasionally it would garner some attention and be heated, allowing a sugary crust to form over the top, drawing in gnats and flies.
Hell no.
My good will over PGI benefiting from a hypothetical 'exclusive' is non-existent as I've good-willed on 44+ mechpacks varied from complete to partial (not counting >10 gifted mechpacks I gave away). plus MC. plus the purpose of this post, MW5 2nd tier edition.
PGI having dollars isn't going to change the way the top thinks. Going over to Epic would be a mistake, because it would cause distrust in the player-base. The players that run this game via the client are more likely to have Steam installed than EG.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users