Mw5 - No More Steam-Release?

102 replies to this topic

#61 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 01:21 PM

Grognards are going to buy the game no matter where it goes.

Epic's scheme includes loss of preorders as part of their pile of money.

The only people this affects at the minority of MWO users that pre ordered and maybe some of the grognards who hate epic.

#62 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:21 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 22 July 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

Grognards are going to buy the game no matter where it goes.

Epic's scheme includes loss of preorders as part of their pile of money.

The only people this affects at the minority of MWO users that pre ordered and maybe some of the grognards who hate epic.

explain that logic please.
So pre-orders get ****** over? or are given access on Epic?

#63 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:39 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 22 July 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

explain that logic please.
So pre-orders get ****** over? or are given access on Epic?

Obviously they're going to get the game on epic if it goes to epic if they don't cancel uh durr.

Epic straight up reimburses for lost preorders for people that get pissy for the switch and cancel.

All I'm saying is; if the game goes epic exclusive its a net win for the developer even if the game tanks. There's a reason why even big developers are opting for this scheme.

Edit: Honestly I don't think you'll be able to cancel a community edition pre order even if you want to. You've already taken the bonuses.

Edited by Prototelis, 22 July 2019 - 05:56 PM.

#64 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 22 July 2019 - 04:57 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 22 July 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

Obviously they're going to get the game on epic if it goes to epic if they don't cancel uh durr. Epic straight up reimburses for lost preorders for people that get pissy for the switch and cancel. All I'm saying is; if the game goes epic exclusive its a net win for the developer even if the game tanks. There's a reason why even big developers are opting for this scheme. Edit: Honestly I don't think you'll be able to cancel a community edition pre order even if you want to. You've already the bonuses.

I can confirm that is the case: if you've taken the bonuses you're locked in.

#65 Riptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:59 AM

Epic buys out games that have promised to release on steam... bait and switch (thought thats more on the game studios then epic since tchnically it was false advertising on the game studio part)

They had games disapearing from peoples libraries till sid alpha made a big stink about it on youtube

Their game store misses basic features... if origin has more features then your own store then you really have a problem.

Epic holds customers of their store in low regard and regularly [Redacted] them. And their customer support might aswell be non existant

40% of epic is owned by tencent.. wich is owned by the chinese goverment. (They literally have chinese goverment officials on the board)

Epic game store has been cought in the act of sniffing around peoples PCs where it doesnt have any business being.

Epic doesnt want to be competition, they want a monopoly. You dont compete by limiting access to a third party product by buying exclusive rights, you compete by offering the better product.

Epic directly supports [Redacted]

So to reiterate:

The epic game store is not only an inferior store with questionable security and lack of features, has absolute **** tier customer service.. but is also [Redacted]

These are all reasons why no one should support the epic game store.. but sadly morale standards go up in smokes as soon as cash is involved.

Also we are less then 2 months away from the targeted release.. anyone who thinks that signing an exclusive deal with epic at this point will have any benefit on the development of MW5 really doesnt know how these things work. By now the game should be finished and all that SHOULD be happening is polish and bugfixing. Aka. the game is done.. throwing more money at it at this time will do absolutely diddly squad in terms of development. Contrary to popular belief more money doesnt mean better quality this late in development as bigger studios have proven time and time again (hello bethesda... hows fallout 76 doing) They are not going to hire more coders one and a half months before release or add major features, nor will bugs disapear just because you throw dollar notes at the code.

Now PGI is aparantly in a make or break situation with MW5... so if epic wants that exclusive... they will get it. Simply by virtue of "giving a deal you cant refuse"

And yes.. they also do this with small time studios as phoenix point and the shenmue disaster have prooven.

So lean back.. relax... hope for the best... but count on the worst.

Edited by draiocht, 23 July 2019 - 10:11 AM.
inappropriate language, politics, off-topic

#66 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:47 AM

lol it done gone political.

#67 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 23 July 2019 - 09:27 AM

Huh.. China seems to be morphing into the Capellans... wait a minute... Well I despise Federated suns on par or if not even more, cant beat arroganse..

ALL is politics in your life if you want it or not. Its just about if you care or dont care. And if the politicians are grounded with the people or floating in their cloud with power hungry ambitions at the cost of the people.
Not to derail the MW5 train, choo, choo!

#68 Stridercal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 24 July 2019 - 11:42 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 20 July 2019 - 10:34 PM, said:

If Epic just goes ahead and slings LUDICROUS amounts of cash at PGI for MW5 exclusivity, isn't that a fairly good thing? At least PGI will have some dollars then. They might even spend some on MWO...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks, i needed the laughter... whew!

#69 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 11:46 AM

Game is at end of life. I don't expect them to spend any money on developing it more.

#70 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 July 2019 - 05:51 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 24 July 2019 - 11:46 AM, said:

Game is at end of life. I don't expect them to spend any money on developing it more.

That sucks, it hasn't even launched yet.

#71 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 July 2019 - 10:28 PM

https://www.reddit.c...e_good_the_bad/

#72 Riptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 07:49 AM

[redacted] Really?

Mods i dont mind if you edit or delete stuff but now i feel like a SCP entry

You made my post sound much MUCH more ominous now!!

#73 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:32 AM

Well, it is official now. Epic Exclusive, delayed til Dec. 10th.
https://gematsu.com/...pic-games-store

Boy wasn't this misleading. And some of us thought this meant not to worry about going exclusive.Posted Image

I hope Epic made it worth your while financially, and I hope to god you needed this money with the way MWO is currently going along with the current launch delay.

I have some serious thinking to do before Sept. 1st.

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 25 July 2019 - 08:35 AM.

#74 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:37 AM

EPIC - yes
Refund - also yes

Honestly, it's good for PGI since they get all the development costs back from EPIC at the very start

#75 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:46 AM

So Epic pays for the refunds and hopes to get some more money by Whales?
I think Mod Support will go the same route as Steam or Inverse Kinematic in MWO.

#76 Arcueid Brunestud

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:58 AM

R.I.P. MW5. I have hopes, but now i didn't. Time 2 get my money back.

Edited by Arcueid Brunestud, 25 July 2019 - 08:59 AM.

#77 JohnnyOnslaught

Rookie

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:01 AM

Time to smash that refund button.

#78 Burnsidhe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:06 AM

I am sufficiently disappointed in this decision to 'go for the money' over 'giving a damn about the players who *pay for* the game' that I am going to uninstall MWO and not play it again.

Not a big loss, I know, but it also means I wont' be recommending this game to anyone. Companies who deal with Epic exclusively are companies who support spyware, malware, and general 'I'm an *******' behavior on the part of Epic's owner.

#79 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:07 AM

People be all worried

#80 Arcueid Brunestud

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:10 AM

https://twitter.com/...426196907577345

Future, for franchise just got buried. Nice joke.

Edited by Arcueid Brunestud, 25 July 2019 - 09:11 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users