93 replies to this topic

#81 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 20 July 2019 - 03:43 PM

So. It really is only 1 GXP. All evening, yesterday, I was defending the event/PGI to all the people in chat and in VOIP mocking the event and its minimalistic reward, saying "no, no, it can't be a single GXP. I am sure its like when they do those silly 1000 x100 cbill rewards, or that sort of thing." ALL were convinced that my explanation was certainly correct, as a single GXP could not be the reward. Then I checked my account and sure enough. 1 GXP.

This is what it has come to. They are now nerfing event rewards. Damn. Given Matt's track record I figured that rewards of all things I could white knight, but nope. And now I just feel dirty.

#82 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:30 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 20 July 2019 - 03:43 PM, said:

So. It really is only 1 GXP. All evening, yesterday, I was defending the event/PGI to all the people in chat and in VOIP mocking the event and its minimalistic reward, saying "no, no, it can't be a single GXP. I am sure its like when they do those silly 1000 x100 cbill rewards, or that sort of thing." ALL were convinced that my explanation was certainly correct, as a single GXP could not be the reward. Then I checked my account and sure enough. 1 GXP.

This is what it has come to. They are now nerfing event rewards. Damn. Given Matt's track record I figured that rewards of all things I could white knight, but nope. And now I just feel dirty.

Ya i'm not sure what they were going for here.. maybe it was supposed to be a humurous way to introduce SP as a new reward? I'm sure next time SP is offered as a reward they will be more generous..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 20 July 2019 - 07:46 PM.

#83 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 July 2019 - 02:53 AM

I like the 1gsp reward, it's a nice way to illustrate that events are not about the reward, but the ritual and achievement. Like a food offering with 7 grains of rice.

Do a zen themed event next. No rewards.

#84 Nicholas Hyde

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 02:55 AM

I think, given the difficulty of the challenges, 1 GSP, equivalent of 800 GXP and 45k CBills, is fair. Although I have to say, it's hardly the opening move one would expect from a new feature.

#85 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 05:04 AM

View PostRenzor the Red, on 19 July 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

^^

I don't understand posts like these. People complaining about free stuff in a free game? **HUFF** I'm going home!

Posted Image

I've always appreciated the constant events, and I love sales. And warhorns. But goddamn ... if you have a problem with something PGI is doing, what on earth makes you think they'll give a sh** about what you're saying if you frame it like this? Seriously. Imagine what it must be like to be these guys reading through these threads through all of that crap. It reminds me of Hurricane Katrina when all of the people taking refuge in the Superdome were complaining that their free food wasn't McDonald's.

If there are points to bring up, speaking in hyperbole won't solve anything.

For instance, I love the idea of GSP as rewards. I'm always fighting for those. But ... a single one? Lol. Like Jon McFuzzy said above, they're sorta easy to earn in a normal match. I get 1-2 in a meh match, and 6-7 or so in a good one. And it costs ... 45,000 c-bills to convert 1 skill point's worth of XP? Maybe 8-10 GSP reward would make more sense. That would be far more useful. BAM ... planned sensor tree almost filled out.

1) Im not complaining, just satying that those stupid things are not enoth to force me to play MWO thosedays.
2) Simple logic - "eat free stuff and didn't complain because its free" is wrong, just because if I will give you some free ******** will you eat this? Its FREE! why no?! Eat! No, you don't like it?... so hy you complain when we are giving you free stuff ?!

Instead waste time and forces for those "free stuff" better do something really important with dying game!

#86 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 July 2019 - 12:46 PM

Not GXP. GSP, which is equivalent to 800 GXP and 45k C-Bills.

#87 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:53 PM

No, it's not 1GXP. I've already earned it a few times. It's one GSP; a single skill point ready to be invested into a mech without cost.

View PostSjorpha, on 21 July 2019 - 02:53 AM, said:

I like the 1gsp reward, it's a nice way to illustrate that events are not about the reward, but the ritual and achievement. Like a food offering with 7 grains of rice.

Do a zen themed event next. No rewards.

Zen no rewards! The 'appreciating one's own efforts' events. You get a 'good job, well done', but only if you tell it to yourself. XD
(Just kidding. I don't want this, lol.)

Edited by Renzor the Red, 21 July 2019 - 04:55 PM.

#88 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 21 July 2019 - 09:25 PM

What!!? No Gwavey?

#89 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 21 July 2019 - 11:09 PM

For on Flanking reward a GSP is OK. For 20 Components destroyed, well ...

#90 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 11:12 PM

Posted Image

View PostPz_DC, on 21 July 2019 - 05:04 AM, said:

1) Im not complaining, just satying that those stupid things are not enoth to force me to play MWO thosedays.
2) Simple logic - "eat free stuff and didn't complain because its free" is wrong, just because if I will give you some free ******** will you eat this? Its FREE! why no?! Eat! No, you don't like it?... so hy you complain when we are giving you free stuff ?!

Instead waste time and forces for those "free stuff" better do something really important with dying game!

Sooo what free quality stuff are you getting for moaning on the forum about the lack of quality stuff required to FORCE you into playing MWO ?

Why dont you FORCE yourself to play some other game or do you need quality free stuff for that too ?

Edited by Pain G0D, 22 July 2019 - 12:59 AM.

#91 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:54 AM

Most of the challenges, being daily, have taken me 1 or 2 matches to achieve. For that I receive 1 cockpit item and 1 GSP. So each day I'm getting about 750MC, 800 gxp, and 45k c-bills. For one match. I just don't understand the complaining.

#92 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:24 PM

Some challenges are ok with 1 GSP as a reward. I'm referring to challenges like Complete 1 Flanking" and things like that. But getting 5 kills, 20 components destroyed, etc., reward 2 GSP.

#93 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:07 AM

View PostHorseman, on 21 July 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

Not GXP. GSP, which is equivalent to 800 GXP and 45k C-Bills.

Correct. My typo. Apologies.

My point stands. 800 GXP is still imho peanuts compared to some of the more recent events where things like 50 MC or even more have been routinely and repeatedly given out in a single event. Heck even the last event had single game rewards of 300 GXP with thousands at the end of the event being accumulated. 1 GSP/800GXP just seems pretty minuscule given the more recent rewards for events. Mind you I don’t care either way, I simply noting that the one area where I felt confident white knighting for PGI was in the realm of event rewards. I think Matt has done a bang up job of making them very enticing. And yet with this event, I was defending him/PGI about the single GSP (again my apology for the typo) against folks who were kvetching in chat about the minimalistic nature of the reward, only to be forced to admit that yes, it is only a single GSP. Compared to other events, that is just not much of an enticement. Oh well.

#94 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:27 AM

Compared to other events, we log in, do 1-2 matches and are done without feeling pressured by deadlines - I switch accounts and do it again on my alt without difficulty. I'm not saying the rewards are great or anything - quite the opposite - but the event goals are very undemanding too.

Edited by Horseman, 23 July 2019 - 08:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users