1380 replies to this topic

#101 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:14 AM

View PostKubernetes, on 25 July 2019 - 10:03 AM, said:

It's cool, and when their game fizzles on launch they can be proud they made a profit on a game no one played.

I see that all they've done in MWO hasn't given you the impression they don't care

#102 Dalatecht

• Pip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:15 AM

Posted Image

#103 Arcayne

• PipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:18 AM

As a lifelong BattleTech fan it pains me to say this, but my refund request has been sent in.

I understand the reasons why you chose to do this. The ~1 year exclusive deal with Epic will ensure the company's survival. I get it, i do. It is simply business.

But my refund request is about bad business and lack of sound leadership, not business survival.

When a promise to early adopters is broken so abusively, there must be consequences.

Edited by Firewired, 25 July 2019 - 11:25 AM.

#104 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:18 AM

Wow, way to shoot your self in the ***.

Honestly, not sure what Epic is promising for the exclusive but I hope it covers the losses.

#105 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:26 AM

View PostGrimm Shado, on 25 July 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

*flame retardant suit*
I won't be cancelling my preorder.
When I preordered I decided I was OK with throwing $50 away on the chance to play a new MW single player game.
In general I can't stand PVP multiplayer but sometimes enjoy MWO. As a casual gamer I personally enjoy what PGI produced in MWO.
I wasn't pre-ordering because it was on Steam, but because I wanted a new MW game.
I understand others hate Epic and will cancel on principal. I think everyone should follow their conscience.
I think going back on promises to customers is generally very bad. PGI softened up their refund policy for this decision, which reduces but doesn't cancel the bad of changing the deal. Steam vs Epic is not important enough to me to want to cancel my pre-order, that's how I feel personally.
*/flame retardant suit*

Honestly, I don't care about whether or not its on Steam or Epic, other than the fact that I KNOW other people will absolutely HATE it and that will affect the game in an extremely negative way. Possibly even bringing Mechwarrior franchise to a dead stop for another decade or more as Piranha goes out of business. It just makes me sad that they're that strapped for cash that they don't care about their consumers anymore just paying their next bill. Choosing to be Epic exclusive doesn't make any sense for a company that's in desperate need of funding...and that's a bad sign for Piranha.

#106 AhTeen

Rookie

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1 posts

Hope you can get out of this grave PGI.

Refund requested.

#107 Prattlemage

Rookie

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1 posts

Can't even load up the MW5 website, guessing that's a looooot of people requesting refunds....

#108 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:27 AM

View PostSteel Raven, on 25 July 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

Honestly, not sure what Epic is promising for the exclusive but I hope it covers the losses.

I hope it doesn't.

#109 TH3_SCHW4RTZ

• Pip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIn your house, farting on your stuff.

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:29 AM

There aren't sufficient words in the English language to describe how unrelentingly stupid this decision was.

#110 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:35 AM

Im ususally TOLERANT and try to see things different ways on things, but deceiving, betrayal, theres goes my patient in an instant usually!

I... I a betrayal like this.. I know its stated it will be released on Steam, even GOG but still Im worried.
I hope SOMEONE, someday will ruin and castrate EPIC and that Microsoft give all the liscensing to someone who dont effings shelf their loyal customers like this. Should at least have put out a statement or something before making the deal.

No surprises if there will appear other ways to get mw5 which only will ruin any future for the franchise. Sadly in form of piracy which I dont support
Still, this wolf wont forget! Have to steel myself for a year *sigh*

If perma exclusive that will be the nail in the coffin for sure.

The ONE game I was looking forward to play one Steam this year, so close, so ******** CLOSE! But ooooooh noo!

Well there are ways, dont worry! Oh... and hope you choke on the FAT money you got, temptations you know.
Long term trust among customers wasnt enough for you to cover the losses of money and trust you and also to a degree IGP had.

Edited by Tordin, 25 July 2019 - 05:41 PM.

#111 Earl Whitehaven

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:35 AM

View PostSteel Raven, on 25 July 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

Wow, way to shoot your self in the ***.

Honestly I hope it doesn't cover their losses. I can most certainly be petty and vindictive and it is a failing but I can't lie and say I hope they don't pay for this because I do.

#112 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:36 AM

As long Russ Bullock has MW in his hands we will never become the game we all dreamed bout. They can nothing else then lie us and show us the Finger again and again..
and they really wonder that they are not making the money they want???? Jeeez never again i will give pgi or any other company with RB in there, a single cent.RB is a reason to save my money. But its my own fault. I knew we cant trust any single word that came out of RB´s mouth and gave them again money. That was the last time they lied me

Edited by Mighty Spike, 25 July 2019 - 11:00 AM.

#113 Electroflameageddon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:38 AM

I am deeply troubled by this decision.

First of all, I get a 503 error when I try to access the faq. Therefor, I can't read it. This irritates me.

I purchased a Steam key. I am not going to get one. This irritates me immensely. I have never used the Epic service.

That would be acceptable if I was informed that I was going to be provided an Epic key, but I can't get find out this information, nor did you address it in your post.

As irritated as I am at this time, I supposedly have until September 1st to make a decision. If I am not receiving a key for the game, I will ABSOLUTELY cancel my preorder. I am not a big fan of bait and switch, so I will PROBABLY cancel on principal.

I haven't been an absolute whale when it comes to this game, more like an Orca. I bought most of the Inner Sphere mech packs at the basic level because I enjoyed playing the game and looked at it as a subscription. Every once in a while, I bought higher tier packs because I liked the look of the mech. I can't justify spending more money because it doesn't appear that PGI is interested in supporting the game.

PGI is betting the future of their company on this move and I don't think that it will work out for them. I don't preorder or buy games from EA, Blizzard, Bioware, etc because they have provided substandard games to me. I have added PGI to this list because of this decision.

#114 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:41 AM

Oh Cool, I'm not gonna buy it now k thx bai

#115 Yozzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:44 AM

REFUND TIME!!

Sorry PGI, you F***ed it up ...

#116 Jackofallpots

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 219 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:47 AM

#117 WarZombie

Rookie

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 2 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:49 AM

HAH, good thing i got burnt often enough with pre-ordering stuff to no longer do it.
For shame PGI, for shame.

Are you so out of touch as to NOT notice the massive hate devs get when they go exclusive?

#118 Pelmeshek

• 2,256 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRussia

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:50 AM

Posted Image
Also still dont care about epic store cuz better for this money(60 bucks) buy in my country new doom+cyberpunk. And ofc torrents first for any games cuz no for epic store and no preorders(expect some companys but not u PGI).

Edited by Pelmeshek, 25 July 2019 - 10:51 AM.

#119 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:51 AM

No Problem with that.
Steam, ARC, Origin Games, EA....they are all personal data abusing identity pedling datakrakens...one more or less makes no difference at all to me.

#120 245 Trioxin

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:52 AM

Like so many others...

Refund requested.

I do not appreciate being lied to.

I DO, however, appreciate them allowing full refunds. That at least shows they know they're screwing us over and are at least paying lip service to make it at least somewhat right.

- 245 Trioxin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users