1380 replies to this topic

#121 Raptor007

• PipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA, USA

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:52 AM

The only thing they could possibly say in the AMA to prevent my refund is that pre-orders will still get a Steam key or stand-alone download in December. That's what we paid for, not an Epic key.

#122 Aza1979

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 855 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:54 AM

Hmm, what about the mod support which was promised afaik? EGS is not known to be mod friendly, like Workshop from Steam.

#123 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:54 AM

View PostWarZombie, on 25 July 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

HAH, good thing i got burnt often enough with pre-ordering stuff to no longer do it.
For shame PGI, for shame.

Are you so out of touch as to NOT notice the massive hate devs get when they go exclusive?

Well if you would have preordered MW5 you and would cancel now you would have just gained free stuff, so no burning here really...

#124 CmdrA

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:56 AM

View PostPelmeshek, on 25 July 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

Posted Image
Also still dont care about epic store cuz better for this money(60 bucks) buy in my country new doom+cyberpunk. And ofc torrents first for any games cuz no for epic store and no preorders(expect some companys but not u PGI).

Beat me to it though I actually made an edit for it more appropriately.

Posted Image

#125 Saivost Rast

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationApple Valley, CA.

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:00 AM

I'm disgusted by this decision, and many others PGI has made over the years. I've been a supporter since day one of MWO, and MW5 when it was announced. Disgusted I may be, but not surprised. I knew better when I preordered MW5, but I had this naive hope that it would be alright. That the game would be worth it. I never really thought I'd have to worry about not being able to get it on the platform I was promised.

This is it, PGI. This is where we part ways. I defended you, I've encouraged friends and family to play MWO, to spend their money on your company, and this is where it has lead us. No more.

#126 Alilua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 362 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:00 AM

You owe it to your employees and the community to do better than this. You don't bait and switch the customers after taking their money. There are great people working here and now with this short term gain is going to do irreservable damage to the franchise and the mechwarrior name. There were many great people working here and after pissing off customers do you think there will be much of a community left after a year of epics money runs out to keep them around. They may be temperory to you but they deserve better and we deserve better.

Edited by Alilua, 25 July 2019 - 11:06 AM.

#127 Pelmeshek

• 2,256 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRussia

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:01 AM

View PostCmdrA, on 25 July 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

Beat me to it though I actually made an edit for it more appropriately.

Posted Image

Thx u comrad, im a little bit busy to do it myselfPosted Image

#128 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:01 AM

Russ Bollocks and MWO: Future is Lost.

#129 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:02 AM

I understand the move to Epic, haveing spoken to someone whos company also made the move and its reasonable from the buisness perspective.

As a costumer I feel lied to because it said "you will get a steam key". Now it says "you won't get a steam key".
That is clearly false advertisment. I would have bought it even with an Epic exclusive deal and waited a year IF I could choose between an an Epic key and play early or keeping my steam key and play it next year.

On a personal level, this pisses me off. Not that PGI made a deal with Epic. As I said I understand the move but not beeing open about it and communicate it clearly for everyone that we don't get what we paid for if the Epic deal comes through.

Sure in one vid or AMA you (Russ) mentioned that you are open to talks with other publishers and platforms BUT beeing open to negotiate and just changeing what you sell is realy bad buisness practice.

At least do it like most other companies and give those who pre-ordered the choice to have a steamkey OR an Epic key.

#130 Stargazzer811

• PipPipPip
  • The Moonwalker
  • The Moonwalker
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAn experimental SLDF McKenna class Battleship, waiting for Clan Nova Cat to return to the Inner Sphere in 3160

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:03 AM

Well PGI, in case this wasn't obvious enough already, you fooked yourselves. Now I personally didn't pre-order MW5 and I play MWO here and there but I've by and large gone over to HBS's Battletech because its simply better. You guys are gonna lose a metric **** ton of revenue because of this move, even if its only for a year. We understand you needed the money but don't falsely advertise a game, and compromise your principles and trust with the community to get it.

You guys had one chance to make this go right, and you've more or less blown it. You've lost so many players now that MWO will flounder before MW5 hits shelves, and in doing so you have sealed your own fate. I will still play MWO on occasion purely for my own entertainment, but do not mistake that as me supporting you PGI, because I do so no longer. Its time for you to reap what you've sown.

#131 YarTheBug

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:05 AM

I'm so happy and thankful that my first and likely only post on this forum will be to say I wish I had preordered so that I could ask for a refund.

I may still send an email asking for some form of compensation for my shattered hopes and dreams.

#132 Fifise

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:06 AM

lol I don't regret anymore to have miss the pre order windows, I just wonder if users who pre order shouldn't make lawsuit for false advertisement.
Any way very sad to learn that this game got cancel.

J'aurais trop honte de travailler pour des menteurs comme le sont tes bosses

Edited by Fifise, 25 July 2019 - 11:08 AM.

#133 Aura Natsumi

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:09 AM

View PostFifise, on 25 July 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

lol I don't regret anymore to have miss the pre order windows, I just wonder if user should,'t make lawsuit for false advertisement. Any way very sad to learn that this game got cancel.

J'aurais trop honte de travail pour des menteurs comme tes bosses

I doubt anyone can sue since they're allowing full refunds plus you get to keep all the MWO bonus.

#134 Jackofallpots

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 219 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:10 AM

I think the plan for quite a while has been for MWO die, put out another minimal viable in MW5 on EGS, then run off with all the money after they lose their Mechwarrior license back to Microsoft.

#135 Knoll33

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:11 AM

Not only did I ask for a refund, but I am never playing MWO again; not that they care. A number of high profile YouTube channels should pick up on this tonight or the next day; so lets see how high the fire can get.

#136 Theron Branson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 223 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:12 AM

After pre-ordering MWO and getting 1/10th of the game promised (even to this day it's still not finished nor what was intended) I held off pre-ordering MW5 as I had a feeling PGI would screw something if not all of it up. It's really a shame that this has happened and hopefully someone else will buy the franchise and make new games, toys, shows and movies.

#137 zer0imh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 581 posts
  • LocationFomalhaut

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:13 AM

never again. your anti-consumer practices will end here. but thanks for the mwo closed beta experience, i will cherish them.

Edited by zer0imh, 25 July 2019 - 11:17 AM.

#138 Alilua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 362 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:18 AM

I suggest filling out a complaint to the Competition Bureau for deceptive marketing practices and false and misleading representations. You can find that form here. https://www.competit...H%C3%89T-7TDNA5 Be sure to attach copies of the FAQ from the wayback machine. You can find a link to that here. https://web.archive....w5mercs.com/faq

Edited by Alilua, 25 July 2019 - 12:31 PM.

#139 VeritasSuperOmnia

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:19 AM

I haven't played MWO in a few weeks, but was looking forward to MW5. I had no idea what Epic Games Store was until I started reading this topic. PGI, I hope you understand how serious personal data protection has become in this decade. With the rampant privacy abuses by big tech and government, I will have to cancel my pre-order.

#140 SoL Assassin

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:19 AM

The only solace I have is reading all this salt

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users