1380 replies to this topic

#161 KHETTI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:47 AM

I've tried so hard to keep a positive stance on PGI/MWO/MW5, but at this point i will just get my refund, uninstall MWO and move on.
Cheers peeps, it's been a blast!.

#162 Akala Tanara

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNekonia Periphery

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:47 AM

Whhhhyyyyyyyyyy....

#163 Jatrix82

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:48 AM

Uhh.. I'll wait a full year, buy it when it's cheaper (as I do with any game minus the CDP Red ones, they are the only ones who deserve preorders, honestly) and hopefully sold from other vendors.

Have fun with the backlash PGI, but I guess you are used at it.

#164 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:50 AM

Already received the refund money back .... EPIC must have paid PGI very well to get this exclusive.

#165 Stridercal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:56 AM

FYI for any and all, here's what i just sent to Support...

Good afternoon,

After reading your recent announcement regarding the move to the Epic Games storefront and one-year exclusivity, i have made the (easy) decision to cancel my MW5: Ultimate Community Edition preorder and request a refund for 119.99 USD.

Please process this return at your earliest convenience, and good luck to you.

Stridercal

P.S. - Considering the impression that you are chasing a quick buck now at the expense of long-term stability and the stated expectations of your own supporters, might i suggest you join the Republican party and get involved in American politics? You'll fit right in...

#166 ClarkGrizz1

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:57 AM

Someone please make a meme edit of the MW4 intro for PGI over this decision, thanks.

Edited by ClarkGrizz1, 25 July 2019 - 11:57 AM.

#167 NFSRacer

• PipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:04 PM

You know, it's funny. This game was one of my most highly anticipated games to date. This choice by PGI may very well have killed the franchise. BATTLETECH may be a different answer, since that's a completely different developer and publisher, but this has me genuinely considering the refund option. PGI will be loosing money hand over fist with this action, that much I foresee, and it's a case of 'I told you so' for those that denied my mentioning that PGI may go the way of Epic. Honestly, this is a right shame to see. I rather wish I could go to PGI's office to chew them out, for sure.

The only real way I'd be willing to keep support for the game is if they released a DRM-free version of the game. Yeah, I get it: These venders have DRM requirements to keep from having pirates of the game itself, but even then, it's the idea of having to go through a less superior vender and a less effective system that requires users to start from practically the ground up with their accounts that the biggest issue! That's a BIG ask for a lot of users, and a pill that's next to impossible to others who have been using certain systems for over 10+ years! PGI, this ISN'T a worth while option! Not in the least bit!

I'm afraid to say it, but all I can see is issues with this choice in the future, and it's making me upset about this entire choice! There's one simple choice that I feel is the best for EVERYONE that can be made to rectify it: Remove the exclusivity today and make it available to everyone across Steam and Epic from day one! This will reach a wider audience far faster than going strictly through Epic Games and their shady tactics. After all, if there's one example we should look at that's comparable to what's happening here, look at A4 Games and METRO Exodus! That was a prime example of this sort of issue, and it lead to less than stellar sales as a result on the PC platform alone! MechWarrior (at this rate) is doomed to follow the same series of events at this rate from what I can tell. I personally do NOT want to see this happen!

If you guys want to save my purchase (and that of millions of others), then pull the exclusivity deal. Otherwise, not doing so effectively makes a statement to your fan base that you lot do not care about your fans and are only in it for the money (like almost every other company out there).

#168 Password1234

• PipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:06 PM

Refunding

#169 Trystan Thorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:09 PM

This doesn't surprise me at all. I was actually suspecting it.
With MWO no longer been lucrative, I can see why they did it.

I just hope the extra money from Epic means that PGI will get the license to continue working on MW5 (Clan Addon hopefully) and that the extra money will also help for the game to receive some extra polish.

As for the backlash, yes they will lose some players, but most will simply get it at the Epic store.
If we gamers would actually do what we say, things like this wouldn't happen.

At least people can request a refund and keep their MWO stuff.
Seems fair to me.

#170 Kiiiddd

• Pip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:09 PM

View PostWishmast3r, on 25 July 2019 - 11:45 AM, said:

Serious question.
I payed in Euro, since i live in Germany. If the Dollar has more value now, does PGI have to pay me more for my refund or does it count as full refund if they repay me in Dollar only and i get less Euros than i payed?

All the purchases were in USD so you will get USD back, I already got my $120 USD back into my PayPal and I am Canadian

#171 Fifise

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:10 PM

View PostRampageReborn, on 25 July 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

I doubt anyone can sue since they're allowing full refunds plus you get to keep all the MWO bonus.

As far as I know bait and switch, is illegal

Edited by Fifise, 25 July 2019 - 12:10 PM.

#172 zer0imh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 581 posts
  • LocationFomalhaut

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:11 PM

View PostKHETTI, on 25 July 2019 - 11:47 AM, said:

I've tried so hard to keep a positive stance on PGI/MWO/MW5, but at this point i will just get my refund, uninstall MWO and move on.
Cheers peeps, it's been a blast!.

o7

#173 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:12 PM

Hey Russ!
As a disinterested MW5 observer (I didn’t preorder and I am not planning on buying a MW5 without PVP) what on earth possessed you to make this announcement BEFORE the AMA? Good god man.

So, how’s the refund count going?

#174 Bravado

• PipPipPip
  • Colonel
  • Colonel
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:15 PM

Quite telling that everybody is up in Arms about going Epic Exclusive and the simple Fact that they moved the Release Date again is barely mentioned.

#175 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:22 PM

Okay in the FAQ stands there wil be no steam key, okay i go for refund

#176 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:23 PM

View PostBravado, on 25 July 2019 - 12:15 PM, said:

Quite telling that everybody is up in Arms about going Epic Exclusive and the simple Fact that they moved the Release Date again is barely mentioned.

because no one here will be playing the game when it arrives. pretty much everyone will ask for refunds lol. no need to read that far

#177 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:24 PM

At this point just lot both games die off so the IP can move to someone who cares about the IP.

#178 Pando

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:28 PM

Greetings everyone

I've been around for a long time. I've watched MechWarrior:Online grow from as early as 2012 in closed beta and I hope i'm getting that right. Back when the Atlas "head" hitbox was the entire head and you had twin AC/20 cats roaming around like headshot machines. Back when Paul was tripped by goon's which forced an update to eliminate knockdowns. Back when SPLATCATS were a thing and feared. TLDR guys, there have been changes good and bad that have changed the game and most of us who choose to post feel like we're being ripped or lied to. Sometimes we're told one thing and something happens along the way and PGI has to "face the music" and tell us they've decided to go a different route.

Guys, I have a mint condition PC Gamer mag from 2012 featuring MechWarrior:Online on the front page with a beautiful picture of a centurion and within the articles it raves about clans coming later that year. Remember, clans didn't drop until 2014 almost two years later. Point is, **** happens.

PGI is the only company that went to bat for the MW IP during a time when no other company or publisher gave a **** and on top of that impossibility actually had a successful game developed that we can all enjoy today FREE that many of us have helped shape over years of development. PGI created something from nothing and it lead to another game being developed and its a great game if you haven't played it....its called Battletech and it's available on steam.

At the end of the day, politics is politics. I hate the feeling of being lied to but I'm sure if I sat down with Russ and he explained the full reasons behind the decision I would probably agree with him. We're on the outside looking in and until that changes we should just focus on being players and playing the games we're interested in instead of spreading cancer across the internet and pointing fingers when you don't have the full story.

In my best Arnold voice "put the pitchforks down" and be thankful for what we have. If it wasn't for PGI, the OG Founders and subsequent backers we'd all be sitting around playing MW4 wishing for a new game with that energy.

If you like stompy co-op robots......I'll see you on MW5.

#179 Stink Bug

• PipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 42 posts

It's understandable why PGI would do this; if their financial situation was as dim as they implied a few months ago then taking the Tencent funds now was the logical decision. As it is I've requested the refund and will be checking in on MW5 autumn 2020 instead. I wish PGI the best with staying afloat and keeping the Mechwarrior franchise alive.

P.S. I'd definitely be upset in addition to disappointed if redeeming the MWO bonuses would have prevented a refund. Good on you PGI for taking refunds regardless.

Edited by Stink Bug, 25 July 2019 - 12:47 PM.

#180 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

The AMA is 3'o in the night but I realy consider staying up with some popcorn to read chat.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users