Mechwarrior 5 Release Date & Epic Games Store Exclusivity

1380 replies to this topic

#181 Paladin IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:29 PM

We need to gather the dragon balls and revive FASA.

#182 CtrlAltWheee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 610 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:29 PM

View PostBLANKA, on 25 July 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

I rarely post here, but this is a special circumstance...

PGI, I understand why you're doing the EPIC exclusivity thing, but don't you think it's going to negatively affect your launch? Sure, you get more money per copy of the game sold on the EGS, but you'd get way more exposure and surely more orders via Steam. You could sell 300,000 copies of the game on Epic, with EGS taking only a 7% cut (with your Unreal waiver), or you could sell 600,000 copies on Steam with Valve taking a 30% cut.

Lets assume the game sells for $50.

On Epic, you sell 300,000 copies, working out to $15,000,000. EGS takes $1,050,000. You have a profit of $13,950,000.

On Steam, you sell twice as many copies - 600,000, working out to $30,000,000. Valve takes $9,000,000. You have a profit of $21,000,000.

Yes, Valve's pricing scheme is borderline criminal, but thats where the gamers are, and thats where the vast majority of PC games are sold. The platform is superior in every way except for the amount of money they take from developers. I hope you've done your calculations, because this is either going to be a moderate win for PGI, or a major loss.

Well said.

I haven't closely followed the epic store news, but I assume Russ took a bird in hand vs two birds in the bush.

The more offensive part to me is that a chinese company owns 40% of epic. I pay them money and then have to keep the store installed for forever to run the game. That curls my tinfoil hat.

#183 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:30 PM

Did anyone really expect anything else from Russ the Liar and co.? .... LOL

This tho is actually a very smart move. PGI gets a ton of money for the game they probably aren't even going to release in the first place. Scam/scumbag kinda smart, but smart nonetheless.

9 RussBullocks outta 10.

Edited by PhoenixFire55, 25 July 2019 - 12:30 PM.

#184 BEARDOOM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:32 PM

Bravo for relising date on Epic or whatever account. For me is everithing OK.
I hope that this game will be:
1. Finished on 10th december.
2. Upgraded to MWO in UR engine.
3. Besides co-op missions, you can give co-op survival circles. With earnings and repairing costs.
4. Rus bravo for giving refund for unsatisfied pilots. I hope that they are just spoiled brats.

I belive that we will see each other on battle field!

#185 FatherSarge

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:33 PM

Wow I went from def getting this game to never playing it in less than a paragraph. That's impressive PGI! Get bent.

#186 Borengar629

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 305 posts
  • Location3rd rock next to sun

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:33 PM

I knew it the moment the game's side deleted about 99% of all FAQs. I am really sorry but I will have to get a refund then because I hold a personal grudge against Epic since they bought up Shenmue 3 and then denied Kickstarter Backers access to preorder items. This is a big no go in my book. And I am one that always speaks with his wallet. This is also why I never will buy an XBox because of what they tried to do with the XBox One's DRM system. Yes they backed down under the pressure of the giant shitstorm but still this is a company that won't get my money. The same goes for Epic and sorry but for you as well from now on. The Dervish was the last thing you will ever have sold me. This breaks my heart especially since I have been on board with this game from the beginning.
I wish you all the best nontheless but our business relation is hereby officially over.

#187 Culnan

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:34 PM

Nope. Nope. Nope.

To hell with Epic and all their BS. Count me in the refund pile (which to be fair was a pleasant surprise, thought my money was wasted when I first saw the announcement).

#188 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:35 PM

Well maybe in a year after the release I will pick it up on steam, unless I forget the game exists.

#189 Paladin IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:37 PM

What would be a really nice gesture would be telling us exactly what Epic offered them in return for selling their souls.

#190 Bravado

• PipPipPip
  • Colonel
  • Colonel
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:41 PM

View PostPaladin IIC, on 25 July 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

What would be a really nice gesture would be telling us exactly what Epic offered them in return for selling their souls.

30 Pieces of Silver?

#191 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:43 PM

im more disappointed by the release date getting bucked to december than with the bait and switch. i think i said before i want more games and less platforms. pgi should just run their own accounts and download servers like kerbal space program does. you also get to keep all the money that way without epic or valve skimming off the top. i didnt much like having to use steam with newer games and i could live without it. i certainly dont want to have to install yet another piece of bloated software that's full of spyware and leaks my personal information like a sieve. i am very tempted to jump on the refund bandwagon. especially with closed beta being 3 months removed from when it was supposed to start.

Edited by LordNothing, 25 July 2019 - 12:46 PM.

#192 RomeoGolf31

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:45 PM

I've been in love with this universe since I played my first tabletop round in 1991. I've got two copies of the TT, plus the newer updated one, as well as books, and supplements. I played the first version of MW on an old tandy 1000, and never stopped being a fan.

Until now.

The fact that Epic Games has essentially bought MW5 out from under the feet of the community demonstrates the issues with the developers leadership, need for cash flow not seen since the 80's, and the lack of ethical responsibility to the people that keep that universe alive is disappointing to say the least. There will be a next time I'm sure, but it won't be with me.

#193 Coffeeghoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:48 PM

I just want to play the game. If it's on EGS, ok then...

tha

#194 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:50 PM

View PostNightbird, on 25 July 2019 - 08:41 AM, said:

EPIC exclusive isn't going to destroy PGI

Because PGI do it itself faster.... "you cannot kill what already dead"...

Edited by Pz_DC, 25 July 2019 - 12:50 PM.

#195 FatherSarge

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:54 PM

View PostCoffeeghoul, on 25 July 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

I just want to play the game. If it's on EGS, ok then...

tha

People like you are the reason the games industry has lost all it's luster and humanity. Anything for a buck

#196 CupraZero

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationNRW Neuss

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:56 PM

*Steam Key mention gets removed from preorder site

Community: "Hey whats happening?"

PGI: "No worries, were just cleaning up community preorder stuff"

*Announcement: MW5 EPIC exclusive

How on earth can someone not see that this is a real bad move. Youve built up a sweet little bit of trust and hope in mw5 and even in you, PGI, and then you just take it and throw it into the fire with a maniacal laugh.
Not cool.

Edited by CupraZero, 25 July 2019 - 12:57 PM.

#197 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:56 PM

i really dont want to download another gamming platform on my comp. I already use steam. why cant they just let us choose whether to have epic or steam I am rally thinking about the refund (seeing as I get to keep my stuff) and get the catalyst Kickstarter for $150. unless I win the lotto and than ill do the $5000. but than again maybe I can buy out PGI and fix this **** storm by selling to Disney interactive. or would that make things worse maybe sell to blizzard.

#198 Coffeeghoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:59 PM

View PostFatherSarge, on 25 July 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

People like you are the reason the games industry has lost all it's luster and humanity. Anything for a buck

Then please tell me what's the problem with EGS? I haven't even heard about that until today. If that's PGI's way to save the game, why not? Or what did I miss?

tha

#199 ospray315

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 01:01 PM

:(
Was thinking of buying this, but not on epic.
If it come out on GOG or independently I'll pick up a copy, but not until then.

#200 Stormtempter

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 01:01 PM

View PostCmdrA, on 25 July 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users