1380 replies to this topic

#1021 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 519 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 02:11 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 31 July 2019 - 01:58 AM, said:

Everyone that wants one is getting a refund; there are no damages.

I lost 5$ because of the exchange rate. No damages huh?

#1022 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 31 July 2019 - 02:34 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 31 July 2019 - 01:54 AM, said:

Here I was thinking that was about kidnap victims identifying with their kidnappers motivations... when it turns out it was actually people getting butthurt about video games. Huh.
Linguistic drift - the term is now used more generally to describe subjects of abuse identifying with their abusers.

#1023 Punkarelli

• Pip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 02:34 AM

I'm surprised there hasn't been a new event launched after Cats/Dogs ended. Even if for no other reason than to push this out of being the first thing people see on the main page...

#1024 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 02:35 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 31 July 2019 - 02:11 AM, said:

I lost 5$ because of the exchange rate. No damages huh?

You technically payed in X currency, and you got X currency back.

Fees incurred from outside sources probably don't qualify.

Edit: As an outside bit of curiosity; How often are you compensated for exchange rate on refunds in general?

View PostHorseman, on 31 July 2019 - 02:34 AM, said:

Linguistic drift - the term is now used more generally to describe subjects of abuse identifying with their abusers.

"Stockholm Syndrome" is a medical term. It's definition has not drifted.

Identifying with your abuser falls under a couple of different syndromes; the most well known being "Battered woman syndrome."

Note: I'm not even remotely trying to compare anything to domestic abuse, I ONLY picked that as an example because it is the most well known.

Edited by Prototelis, 31 July 2019 - 02:46 AM.

#1025 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 31 July 2019 - 02:39 AM

So got my Xsolla refund mail today.

I've pre-ordered a few times, first time I have requested a refund for any game, that should tell you how strongly I feel about the lying part.

My original main objection was the lack of achievements on the Epic store, I really get why they are going there, but without that feature I would not enjoy the game as much (know thyself). I was more than willing to wait a full year to get my steam key, but Russ can't even be bothered to provide the community with an answer on that, just his flippant "refund if you don't like it" attitude.

My primary objection at this point is the deliberate deceit and the don't care attitude towards the community from Russ, which is even stronger when you compare it to the care and attention exhibited by other PGI staff such as Matt and Tina.
Good luck to the staff at PGI, this is gonna be a bumpy ride and most of you would have had no say in this shitstorm that is now heading your way.

@Russ, it may be a good idea to get a PR person, you really do not sell yourself and your company well and sadly that is because you are so free to speak your mind; but people view those as commitments from you (and your company), so a more managed approach to releasing information may benefit you and PGI in the long run. Keeping pre-orders open after you knew the terms had changed is where I pretty much draw the line in future investment in your studio (I may change my mind) where it goes from impulse purchases to a contemplative decision to decide if i want to invest any more.

Good luck to the PGI staff who had no hand in this, I think I speak for most when I say, the community anger is not directed at you, but rather at management.

#1026 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 02:46 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 31 July 2019 - 02:06 AM, said:

Thanks for your response crazytimes.

No need to thank me, salt mining is a hobby.

Thanks for showing i´m right.

Are you familiar with the IS Longbow? Because... you seem to be drawing one.

And thanks for showing us your low IQ and that discussing with people like you is like playing chess with a dove.

Come now old chap, an ad hominem attack? Here I was trying to have an intellectual discussion and you go and lower the tone.

You are the cancer killing the community :(

#1027 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 697 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 31 July 2019 - 02:48 AM

I requested a refund 3 days ago and I haven't gotten a single peep. I sent in another request this morning. I better get my money back :/.

#1028 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 02:52 AM

^ I mean; we're talking about the people who outlawyered HG.

They aren't going to renege on the refund. Some poor SOB that has nothing to do with this decision is probably doing all of these manually.

#1029 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 519 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 02:56 AM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 31 July 2019 - 02:39 AM, said:

that is because you are so free to speak your mind

Lying = free to speak your mind Posted Image

#1030 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,087 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:03 AM

wow its over a thousand posts deep. i see pgi has sanitized gd of dumpster fire threads, which is disapointing. i wanted to watch the game burn some more.

#1031 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:03 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 31 July 2019 - 02:56 AM, said:

Lying = free to speak your mind Posted Image

yes an no, sometimes he really puts his foot into it, other times he goes stealthily quiet. (Buton the whole I agree,there were lies, even if just by omission)

#1032 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:06 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 31 July 2019 - 03:03 AM, said:

wow its over a thousand posts deep. i see pgi has sanitized gd of dumpster fire threads, which is disapointing. i wanted to watch the game burn some more.

Those threads only got moved to BT discussion.

#1033 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,087 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:07 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 31 July 2019 - 03:06 AM, said:

Those threads only got moved to BT discussion.

sounds like sweeping things under the rug and hoping nobody will notice.

#1034 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:10 AM

View it as you will; they didn't close those threads or hide them.

You're free to view and participate in them.

#1035 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 519 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:10 AM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 31 July 2019 - 03:03 AM, said:

sometimes he really puts his foot into it

First thing that came to my mind. Posted Image
Posted Image

#1036 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:17 AM

Not getting a refund, because I didn't pre order

Been playing since 2013, I know these days to take a wait and see approach to everything PGI

Again, Epic is not deal breaker for me, but I'm not spending money pre launch of any title any more
I just find it hilarious that it's such an issue, ahh gamers

Like Mordhau players totally not being misogynistic, but 2 people at work who recommended it to me are also telling me reasons why woman can't do the same work, also why vaccinations are bad and how NASA is guarding the edge of the flat earth

Sure the sample size is small and it's rather non objective, but how are the odds

Whatever, Epic probably compensating the canceled pre orders like in the Shenmue III case
Canceled pre orders probably means very little at this point

Also the AMA with the most interesting questions is still some time away
About modding, could've done away with all the other AMA's really

The past AMA's reminded me of the roundtables, easy questions like "which mech comes next" aplenty, but hardball is lacking

View PostLordNothing, on 31 July 2019 - 03:03 AM, said:

People still play?

View PostPrototelis, on 31 July 2019 - 03:10 AM, said:

View it as you will; they didn't close those threads or hide them.

You're free to view and participate in them.

Shrugs
Gamers, internet, dev does something they don't like

Thankfully there is more to life then what PGI can concuct

View Post-Ramrod-, on 31 July 2019 - 02:48 AM, said:

I requested a refund 3 days ago and I haven't gotten a single peep. I sent in another request this morning. I better get my money back :/.

Well there was the weekend in there, might be swamped with requests that probably need to be done by a single person or 2 by hand in each case
If there is anything good PGI was able to handle its customer support

#1037 xe N on

• 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:41 AM

View PostHorseman, on 31 July 2019 - 01:15 AM, said:

The main issue here is the bait and switch that was pulled on us after we were assured multiple times that the game would be on Steam and delivered as a Steam key. Thing is, it came to light that we were lied to - PGI signed the Epic exclusivity deal while the preorders were still up for sale and kept it going even after it rendered itself unable to fulfill the preorders on the terms it promised.

As I said, PGI did this often before. No veteran player of MWO can say, he didn't know that. Fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me.

That Epic itself is a **** platform is just a ****-colored "cherry" on top. The TL;DR is that as unpopular as Origin and Uplay have been, Epic makes them look like paragons of competence and virtue in comparison.

I'm using steam ... I don't know, more than 15 years now? And I really don't get it why steam is taking 30% of the retail price. It's a better game launcher. And it is not even a good one. It's is not very user friendly. It is not very clear. And it spams you with 1 $ crap games. I really don't get it, what steam gives you more than any other launcher.

1. Epic launched their platform some two years before they were actually ready. Better part of a year after launch, it's still charitable to call it an open alpha, EXCEPT IT'S FULLY COMMERCIAL AND WANTS YOU TO GIVE IT YOUR MONEY.

Oh, that's something very new. And steam, origin, uplay and all other launcher came bug free from the scrap ... Did wou realize that steam is already released 2003?

2. Epic failed at security. They launched without 2FA and didn't have e-mail verification until last week. Yes, that means you could lose all your purchases if you made a typo creating your account. And people did.

That is a major security flaw, true. But since they fixed it, they seem to be learning.

4. They have sent customers' personal information to other customers.

Trustworthy Source?
Otherwise I state now: Steam send all personal information directly to Aliens that want't to enslave mankind. I'm absolute sure, because I read it on twitter!

5. Epic's client datamines your system. (see this)

Trustworthy Source?
I sandboxed steam and it tried to send data to the dark side of the moon, where a hidden base of moon-Nâzis want's to enslave all free countries. My friends in facebook can confirm that! It's true!

6. EGS features, library and user base are not competitive with Steam,

Can you be more concrete? What are you missing? I, on the other hand, don't use any steam feature beside launcher and hate all this overloaded steam crap.

Edited by xe N on, 31 July 2019 - 03:44 AM.

#1038 Earl Whitehaven

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:50 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 30 July 2019 - 11:52 PM, said:

So i´m the exception to that rule? Posted Image

That´s 3.5% on the first day of the announcement. And he uses the word "only"? Russ is delusional. He is not only lying to us, he is lying to himself. Or he is just arrogant, who can tell.
3.5% on the first day of an offer, that wasn´t advertised. Remember, to this day PGI did not inform their customers actively! No ******* email was sent to the people who preordered MW5. And still, on the first day, 3.5% took the refund.
It was several days till we figured out how much Russ lied to us.
3.5% on the first day will be the only number we will ever hear of. They will never tell us how many refunds they had to manage. Never!

On top of all that it was "only" 700 if you believe Rus and PGI to tell us the truth, which I most certainly do not.

#1039 DemonRaziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 646 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:50 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 30 July 2019 - 11:54 PM, said:

Every few pages this pops up. It usually gets responded to with 'OMG didn't you read the last 100 pages of blind hate!??'.

Something about chinese government stealing your details and making love to your wife while you're at work is the main reason I believe.

That's fairly ignorant thing to post, given you have indeed participated in this thread and seen the reasons going around.

Many people have different reasons and I don't think the Chinesse spying is on the top of the list for many out here.

In fact, Horseman has summed up most of the issues people have with EGS several times already and then there's also people who just hate Epic for one reason or another (outside of the reasons provided by Horseman) and refuse to do any business with them, people who find PGI's decision to continue selling preorders for Steam keys after they already signed the exclusivity deal with Epic dishonest and so on and so on.

Then there's also many people who don't mind, or don't care and will happily keep their preorders. And of course people who do mind and care, but they can't say "no" to anything Mechwarrior and will thus not cancel their preorders, albeit begrudgingly.

Doesn't change the fact there are many valid reasons for people to be angry/sad/disappointed about this turn of events and cancel preorders/decide not to buy the game (at least for a year)...

#1040 Riptor

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 04:29 AM

People are really scraping the bottom of the barrel to defend PGI on this

"hurr durr da ChInEse aRe STealInG yOUr daTA"

Nice straw man there.. couldnt find any others to defend PGI?

Oh no go ahead and ignore all the other **** thats way higher on the list of **** ups and lies... pull out this bottom list item and prop it up as if THATS the major issue people have with the epic game store.

Salt miner? The only thing youre mining is your last braincells in a desperate race to defend a company that couldnt give less of **** about you. Usefull idiots is what ol uncle Stalin called these kind of people.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users