1380 replies to this topic

#81 Imperialus

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:46 AM

One important question...

Will I be required to run the Epic Launcher in order to play as a form of DRM? Or will I be able to simply install and play offline?

#82 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:47 AM

Called it!

#83 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:48 AM

View PostImperialus, on 25 July 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

One important question...

Will I be required to run the Epic Launcher in order to play as a form of DRM? Or will I be able to simply install and play offline?

yes and no

#84 Grimm Shado

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:49 AM

*flame retardant suit*
I won't be cancelling my preorder.
When I preordered I decided I was OK with throwing $50 away on the chance to play a new MW single player game.
In general I can't stand PVP multiplayer but sometimes enjoy MWO. As a casual gamer I personally enjoy what PGI produced in MWO.
I wasn't pre-ordering because it was on Steam, but because I wanted a new MW game.
I understand others hate Epic and will cancel on principal. I think everyone should follow their conscience.
I think going back on promises to customers is generally very bad. PGI softened up their refund policy for this decision, which reduces but doesn't cancel the bad of changing the deal. Steam vs Epic is not important enough to me to want to cancel my pre-order, that's how I feel personally.
*/flame retardant suit*

#85 Trilobiteer

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBallan, Victoria, Australia

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:51 AM

So it begins...

#86 Davy J0nes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:51 AM

Stop hitting yourself.

#87 Riptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:53 AM

"This is like that jockstrap incident.. only that Gyniu isnt around to dig the holes.... HEY PGI! HOW GOOD ARE YOU AT DIGGING HOLES? I MEAN BESIDES THE ONE YOU DUG YOURSELFE INTO!"

Never thought i would quote team fourstar on the mwo forums.. but here it is...

#88 Trennbull

• PipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:57 AM

Honestly, I just want to play the game...

I will not ask for refund, but at this moment in time I am worried that PGI will not make it for December release.

#89 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:58 AM

its simple EPIC is owned by Tencent... Tencent has a notable criminal history of selling user bio information to the highest bidder which is usually the Chinese Government.

thats what you get.

Edited by Alienized, 25 July 2019 - 09:58 AM.

#90 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:02 AM

I think from this announcement we have an understanding of how desperately strapped for cash PGI are. There's no way they didn't know how unpopular a decision this would be, but apparently sticking to their commitment was even more financially suicidal. Ouch.

#91 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:02 AM

Are you serious Piranha? Are you serious?

Personally, I don't care if its on Steam or Epic GS, but do you guys have no clue how bad this will hurt your own image and directly your sales for this game? You guys had given me a lot of high hopes for it, but you just literally put terror and fear for the future of this game in my soul. MWO is not doing well as far as profits go (because its old af), and now you're putting all your eggs into one basket and you're making it Epic exclusive? Why the hell would you do this? You're literally shooting yourself in the foot. Did Epic give you enough money to make it worth not selling a single copy? I'd been telling friends about how excited I was, but now...well now I'm not going to tell them anything.

I just can't get over how stupid this exclusivity deal is for you guys. I guess you really were desperate for money? Well I guess this is why I didn't pre-order in the first place, cause I didn't trust you guys to begin with.

Ah damnit PGI, why are you doing this to yourself? Don't you realize how much gamers hate Epic right now? I wanted you to succeed and blow this game out of the water. Posted Image

Edited by Darth Futuza, 25 July 2019 - 10:19 AM.

#92 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:03 AM

View PostNightbird, on 25 July 2019 - 08:41 AM, said:

EPIC exclusive isn't going to destroy PGI, if anything it's an extreme success for them since EPIC pays for all dev costs + profit upfront when they sign the exclusive deal.

It's cool, and when their game fizzles on launch they can be proud they made a profit on a game no one played.

#93 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 25 July 2019 - 08:02 AM, said:

It has been officially announced that Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries will now be releasing on December 10th 2019 exclusively on the Epic Games Store.
What?

... guys, you just killed your company, MW5 and MWO. That's the long and short of it. Epic Store is flaming garbage.

Fans looking to obtain refunds from their pre-order of any tier are able to do so by September 1st. Pre-order refunds of any tier will be refunded in full. Additionally, those seeking refunds will be able to keep all bonus MechWarrior Online content from the Standard, Collector and Ultimate Editions of the pre-order, which amount to $100, $180, and $300 dollars worth of in-game currency and content for MechWarrior Online including all bonus items like XP, premium time, badges, decals, cockpit items and more, depending on which pre-order tier purchased.

However, refunded pre-orders will forfeit their access to the full game and be unable to participate in the upcoming closed beta for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, now scheduled for November as well as lose the exclusive MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries DLC items.

The original purchase FAQ mentioned a steam key, can I still get a steam key?
Unfortunately no, however, we are offering full refunds.

Except Metro:Exodus devs had no difficulty releasing the game on Steam for pre-order customers only explicitly to honor the legally binding contract they made with their customers: https://www.pcgamer....ll-be-honoured/

A Steam key is what we've paid for and what for better part of a year we were was told I would receive.

So here's a question: If the game releases on Steam eventually, and my EGS key is not redeemed until that point, will your support be able to exchange it for a Steam key (INCLUDING the pre-order DLC I've paid for in good faith) at that time?

If yes, then I will wait - it's the principle of the thing. I will even make a good faith assumption that your company will still exist next year.

Edited by Horseman, 25 July 2019 - 10:05 AM.

#94 vladforn1

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,118 posts
  • LocationSamara, Russia

I became a founder in beta game's... but now you made me very disappointed. I will most likely request a refund.

#95 Earl Whitehaven

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:09 AM

View PostGrimm Shado, on 25 July 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

*flame retardant suit*
I won't be cancelling my preorder.
When I preordered I decided I was OK with throwing $50 away on the chance to play a new MW single player game.
In general I can't stand PVP multiplayer but sometimes enjoy MWO. As a casual gamer I personally enjoy what PGI produced in MWO.
I wasn't pre-ordering because it was on Steam, but because I wanted a new MW game.
I understand others hate Epic and will cancel on principal. I think everyone should follow their conscience.
I think going back on promises to customers is generally very bad. PGI softened up their refund policy for this decision, which reduces but doesn't cancel the bad of changing the deal. Steam vs Epic is not important enough to me to want to cancel my pre-order, that's how I feel personally.
*/flame retardant suit*

I respect your opinion and understand it very well. I also would prefer a single player MW to MWO myself and I was looking forward to MW5 immensely. I wont pollute my pc with epic however or support bait and switch sales. For me that overrides how much I want MW5.

#96 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:10 AM

If i pre ordered but neither do refund nor do i want an EPIC key but another key (GoG in my case) when the exclusivity deal ends - is that possible?

#97 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:11 AM

Gosh, no one saw this coming.

I just want to play, I don't mind it's on Epic. Lulz at all the insults people saying it was going epic though.

Edited by crazytimes, 25 July 2019 - 10:12 AM.

#98 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:11 AM

View PostTrilobiteer, on 25 July 2019 - 09:51 AM, said:

So it begins...

My main issue here is that the guy in the video is not just coming out and saying how he feels about things. Like, just tell us what you think! I tried to read between the lines here and it seems like he isn't happy, but it was hard to tell. /sarcasm

This makes me glad I wasn't looking forward to this game too much. I've really enjoyed the PvP MWO experience and the single player wasn't as attractive.

#99 Korwyn Daemak

• Pip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:13 AM

This is the new standard I guess. Either the game is released unfinished or the platform you were promised it on gets arbitrarily changed.

I guess I'll wait for the goty edition in a year on steam or be playing something else.

Time for a MWO hiatus too. No need to support a company that doesn't support its community.

#100 HaHaLRMsGoWoosh

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:13 AM

enjoy another refund, I refuse to support any company that thinks loot boxes are a good thing in gaming, shame on pgi for this move I hope the added savings was worth all the customers you just lost over this move.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users