1380 replies to this topic

#921 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:24 PM

View PostEurystheus, on 29 July 2019 - 04:41 PM, said:

No. I didn't know that. I have a MechWarrior Online icon on my desktop I use to launch it. The icon points to the Steam folder in my Start Menu Programs folder and when I look inside that that I see steam://rungameid/342200

How else do I start it?

Download the portal...

https://mwomercs.com/game/download

#922 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:35 PM

View PostPaladin IIC, on 29 July 2019 - 06:46 PM, said:

Well, show me player statistics that show otherwise if you're so sure the player base is larger.

https://leaderboard.isengrim.org/stats

21, 128 total players last month with 1,620 of them being new accounts. And before someone responds "well everyone has more than 1 account...", aside from long timers and the odd streamer... no...the majority of players don't have more than 1 account. I've been here 3 1/2 years and have a mighty total of two accounts. I know five other people locally who play MWO and all of them have but their single account.

#923 Paladin IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 10:41 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 29 July 2019 - 09:35 PM, said:

https://leaderboard.isengrim.org/stats

21, 128 total players last month with 1,620 of them being new accounts. And before someone responds "well everyone has more than 1 account...", aside from long timers and the odd streamer... no...the majority of players don't have more than 1 account. I've been here 3 1/2 years and have a mighty total of two accounts. I know five other people locally who play MWO and all of them have but their single account.

Those numbers don't match the lengthy matchmaking periods multiple people have been reporting during varying times of the day. Surely with so many players, matchmaking should be significantly shorter than it is, even with the weight distribution and tier system taken into account.

Edited by Paladin IIC, 29 July 2019 - 10:45 PM.

#924 NeroWolfeCub

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 10:45 PM

I'd like to know how many pre-orders have asked for a refund at this point.

#925 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 July 2019 - 10:51 PM

View PostSvarti713, on 29 July 2019 - 09:47 AM, said:

What I’m saying is Steam isn’t perfect and is just as flawed as Epic.
False equivalence. Steam is far more polished and featured than Epic Game Store. EGS is supposed to compete with Steam of 2019, right now I'm not convinced they could measure up to Steam of 2004!

You sad, sad toxic tards are halting development on future content for the game with you asking of refunds.
We are not. EGS exclusivity contracts come with a guaranteed upfront payout plus a guaranteed minimum sales payout if the game fails to meet certain sales numbers (I've seen $2 million thrown around as the value).

Hell what if the switch to Epic was inevitable, you all would be unhappy still and cause a shitshow for no reason.
If the game was announced for Epic I probably just wouldn't preorder in the first place. PGI pulled a bait and switch on us, do not deny this.

I still stand strong, in keeping my Preorder and I’ll happily wait till December to play if it means a better polished game BECAUSE I CARE and LOVE Mechwarrior.
This is generally referred to as Stockholm Syndrome.

View PostTiantara, on 29 July 2019 - 11:12 AM, said:

And I don't believe in thesis - "Ruin all old and only than build everything new". Experience say me - that don't work nowadays. Too often great on first glance projects turns out empty shell.
I do agree... but PGI doesn't. What are their actions here but "Ruin all customer trust and then find new customers"?

View PostTiantara, on 29 July 2019 - 12:10 PM, said:

- I also know that all other platforms at their beginning also was bad.
And? As I said before - and will say again - EGS is supposed to compete with Steam of 2019, not 2004.

EGS need time as well as attention. So, forcing great games to publishing on their platform also boost changes and improvements. Just look at planned changes in EGS for future 3-4 month. Things changes... more games, more motivation to do it.
The state they launched - and are still in - can charitably be called an open alpha, they're already behind their development roadmap, and it doesn't look like they will be catching up any time soon. This is from a company with WAY more funds on launch than Steam had, and with advance knowledge of which features are sought after by online store userbases (since Steam already did the trial and error for them).

View PostTiantara, on 29 July 2019 - 12:30 PM, said:

- Yeap he claim. I don't really think that here was a lie. No one say that company have hard times openly.
"No but yes"?

When they got more comfort deal with less cost of using engine, support and so on, publishing only in EGS seems less evil, than financial risk.
Short term maybe. Long term? Hahaha, no.

View PostEurystheus, on 29 July 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

But for me going from Steam to Epic is more like saying it's going to come in a plastic box, but then delivering it in a cardboard box. I don't care about the box. I care about the game inside the box.
No, it's like you were sold a car that's street-legal in the USA and instead received one that is only street-legal in Bahrain (and cannot be rebuilt to meet US standards).

View PostAngel of Annihilation, on 29 July 2019 - 05:07 PM, said:

Ok we have a problem here. I absolutely do not want the Epic Launcher on my PC and due to their exclusivity deals, which I oppose, I do not want to give them my patronage. So PGI, how do I get my game???
from what I heard, during the AMAs Russ made some noncommital remarks in response to users asking if delayed Steam keys are an option. Currently pestering support about it, nothing concrete yet (although telling them this is their last chance to retain me as a customer for either of their products seems to have had a... motivating effect)

View PostAkillius, on 29 July 2019 - 07:01 PM, said:

But perhaps I've missed something???
What rewards do I get on Epic Games MW5M for not getting a refund?
"A sense of pride and accomplishment"?

+Offer all refunded players the chance to re-buy their exact same pre-order, or is PGI too short-sighted for even that!?.
It's PGI. I expect the answer is yes.

View PostPaladin IIC, on 29 July 2019 - 10:41 PM, said:

Those numbers don't match the lengthy matchmaking periods multiple people have been reporting during varying times of the day. Surely with so many players, matchmaking should be significantly shorter than it is, even with the weight distribution and tier system taken into account.
Concurrent players != monthly players and not every player is queued at the same time. Some are already in a match, some are in Solaris, some are screwing around in the mechbay.

Edited by Horseman, 30 July 2019 - 12:25 AM.

#926 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 29 July 2019 - 11:18 PM

View PostNeroWolfeCub, on 29 July 2019 - 10:45 PM, said:

I'd like to know how many pre-orders have asked for a refund at this point.

I highly doubt that they would release that information.

#927 -Mean Machine Angel-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 11:31 PM

AHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHA....AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH..Russ,PGI AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#928 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 519 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:01 AM

Good morning my fellow snowflakes.
It´s 10 am in Germany, exactly 4 days after i asked for a refund. PGI said it could take up to 10 days, so it´s 6 days left.

PS: 5 days since my first post in this thread, not one of my posts has been edited or deleted by a moderator. No answer from PGI whatsoever.

#929 G a i s u t o

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 32 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:24 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 30 July 2019 - 12:01 AM, said:

It´s 10 am in Germany, exactly 4 days after i asked for a refund. PGI said it could take up to 10 days, so it´s 6 days left.

same here...

#930 BR0WN_H0RN3T

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 701 posts
  • LocationElysium

Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:39 AM

I'm a bit surprised at the backlash. I have too many games, so requesting a refund.

As a bonus I get to keep all of my pre-order MWO goodies. Pretty good deal!

#931 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:59 AM

So whats the next 'Mechpack?

On a less serious sidenote: It seems PGI is once again not counting on the actual BT/MW fanbase for success. Which is kinda understandeble, given our small size and troublesome (from a business-PoV) behavior. Good look with that.

#932 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 02:00 AM

Probably should have hinted at this deal and discussed it long before this point, especially with all the hate going about it. I'm aware that PGI is hurting for money as it seems, but to have it advertised as a steam key back in January and then to suddenly make the shift in late July, long after all this stuff about Epic's exclusivity deals / etc... Should've made the decision way back when...

Suppose the great news is all these people pulling out of the MW5 preorder will now need a youtube channel to let them see the game they won't be buying until it releases on Steam (if ever)..
Seems like a good time to dust off the channel and get back into making content.

#933 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 02:20 AM

^ I'm gonna recommend that if you play windowed you keep your web browser out of view.

#934 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 04:02 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 30 July 2019 - 12:01 AM, said:

PS: 5 days since my first post in this thread, not one of my posts has been edited or deleted by a moderator. No answer from PGI whatsoever.

They've poked the ant nest, now they're standing back going "wooo look at how angry they are". Not dumb enough to stick a hand back in.

#935 Pwnographic Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 04:25 AM

#936 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 July 2019 - 04:58 AM

View PostKoniving, on 30 July 2019 - 02:00 AM, said:

Probably should have hinted at this deal and discussed it long before this point, especially with all the hate going about it. I'm aware that PGI is hurting for money as it seems, but to have it advertised as a steam key back in January and then to suddenly make the shift in late July, long after all this stuff about Epic's exclusivity deals / etc... Should've made the decision way back when...

They reassured us it would be the Steam version. Then it turned out they signed the Epic deal when the preorders were still running. People tend to be irritated when it turns out they were lied to multiple times.

#937 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 30 July 2019 - 05:08 AM

View PostHorseman, on 30 July 2019 - 04:58 AM, said:

They reassured us it would be the Steam version. Then it turned out they signed the Epic deal when the preorders were still running. People tend to be irritated when it turns out they were lied to multiple times.

Also, considering that they were still selling pre-orders when they have already had made the deal - it's literally false advertisement and it they were still selling it as though it was available on Steam, despite the deal for exclusivity being made already.

The ******* even admitted it on the AMA - sounds like a class action lawsuit to me.

#938 Fherot

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 05:19 AM

Selling steam key preorders for 3 days AFTER signing on with Epic in April and no intentions of telling anyone until Gamescon August 20-24? We only found out because of the FAQ being cleaned up prematurely while Russ still tried to deny it on Twitter. Still no official email from PGI to ALL preorder customers about this announcement.

I don’t understand why Russ would (continue to) treat us this poorly. Shame on you and anyone who defends these actions.

And as for ‘discoverability on EGS vs Steam’.

https://imgur.com/a/scIatdl

#939 Earl Whitehaven

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 05:22 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 30 July 2019 - 05:08 AM, said:

Also, considering that they were still selling pre-orders when they have already had made the deal - it's literally false advertisement and it they were still selling it as though it was available on Steam, despite the deal for exclusivity being made already.

The ******* even admitted it on the AMA - sounds like a class action lawsuit to me.

That's the one part of this that blows my mind. They admitted they sold steam pre orders after they had signed the epic deal knowing there would be no steam version so they wouldn't have lower sales. I don't think I have a proper insult to throw their way.

#940 BARRY SHlTPEAS

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 80 posts
  • LocationBrown Sea Buccaneer

Posted 30 July 2019 - 05:27 AM

View PostFherot, on 30 July 2019 - 05:19 AM, said:

And as for ‘discoverability on EGS vs Steam’.

https://imgur.com/a/scIatdl

L U L

Alienates community and core fan base for bottom of the pile on storefront.

Classic PGI.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users