1380 replies to this topic

#941 G a i s u t o

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 32 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 30 July 2019 - 05:27 AM

Never forget, drunken Russ is amaaazshiiing! ;)

https://soundcloud.c...-recap-03-02-18

Edited by G a i s u t o, 30 July 2019 - 05:28 AM.

#942 Cold Fire

Rookie

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 05:40 AM

I am troubled that aside from social media and a forum post, there has been no official communication directly to the fan base. This response is only from those of us that found out. There has been no direct communication to pre-order buyers. Is PGI hoping that they won't find out until after the refund period has ended?

That aside, I agree that it is extremely sketchy that they continued to sell pre-orders under the false pretense of providing a Steam key that would never really exist after the Epic deal was signed if that is the case. The lies and silence that followed is even more disturbing.

Really sad that the game I was most looking forward to of any that have been announced in years is an Epic exclusive. I waiting for the dust to settle a bit, but will almost certainly wind up refunding my pre-order. Pains me a bit to do so since I had such high hopes, but will just wait for the final version to arrive on a more consumer friendly platform next year.

#943 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 July 2019 - 06:00 AM

View PostFherot, on 30 July 2019 - 05:19 AM, said:

And as for ‘discoverability on EGS vs Steam’.
https://imgur.com/a/scIatdl

hysterical laughter

That really takes the cake.

Edited by Horseman, 30 July 2019 - 06:00 AM.

#944 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 06:51 AM

View PostEarl Whitehaven, on 30 July 2019 - 05:22 AM, said:

That's the one part of this that blows my mind. They admitted they sold steam pre orders after they had signed the epic deal knowing there would be no steam version so they wouldn't have lower sales. I don't think I have a proper insult to throw their way.

Typically it's a year wait for Epic exclusive deals to end.

That said if it's flat out Epic exclusive without that year time thing... then it's just ******* stupid as the big market is on Steam.

#945 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 07:19 AM

Another thought just occurred to me. I pre-ordered the game and never got an email update about this. The only reason I found out about it is I happened to got to MWO's homepage and see it there.
Ironically I haven't been playing MWO much recently, so I haven't been visiting the site. If I would not have visited this site this week I probably would have missed this and never know.

#946 Tertius

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 July 2019 - 07:39 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 30 July 2019 - 12:01 AM, said:

Good morning my fellow snowflakes.
It´s 10 am in Germany, exactly 4 days after i asked for a refund. PGI said it could take up to 10 days, so it´s 6 days left.

PS: 5 days since my first post in this thread, not one of my posts has been edited or deleted by a moderator. No answer from PGI whatsoever.

I requestes a refund 2 days ago via Email. I sent the mail from the exact Email that is associated with the MW5 account. Today I got an answer from the MW5-Support... They asked me to tell them the email that is associated with the MW5-Account...

That says a lot about the whole procedure. At this point I don't believe that PGI will survive over the next 6 months. And that being said, I don't care anymore...

#947 mk2

Rookie

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 07:45 AM

Alright, let's get this noise over the hill. EGS sucks, this would have gone over a lot better though regardless if there had just been more transparency and clarity of communication.

#948 CmdrA

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 07:56 AM

View PostKoniving, on 30 July 2019 - 06:51 AM, said:

Typically it's a year wait for Epic exclusive deals to end.

That said if it's flat out Epic exclusive without that year time thing... then it's just ******* stupid as the big market is on Steam.

Its just a 1 year exclusive. But theres something that bothers me about the updated FAQ.

3 Will MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries be available on any other digital platforms in the future?
  • Yes, after the year exclusive MW5 will most likely be available in other digital game stores.

Do you notice something off with how its worded? Theres some fishy as heck nuance that people should be taking more note of and that is the two words "Most likely". Most likely means it may not. It means it COULD but its not a 100% garuntee that it'll leave EGS or go to Steam or GoG ever. They can use this wording as a get out of free jail card by saying we never promised we'll be putting it on steam.

"Most likely" is not a 100% guarantee we're putting it on other platforms or ever taking it off of EGS. People need to pay attention more to the things PGI says because while yes, Russ is an incompetent boob, but he's not that a complete idiot. These two words alone should be a red flag for anyone worried about the future of MW5 and its eventual 1 year exclusivity finish. At the end of the year, PGI can just renew for another whole year of exclusivity for all they care to get more fortnitebux and say we never promised it'd not be an EGS exclusive after the first year. And go for an entire second round.

Edited by CmdrA, 30 July 2019 - 07:57 AM.

#949 Dran Dragore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 07:57 AM

almost 1000 Posts mostly against Epic... and PGI and Officials are silent. Looks like they give a f...k about the customers and all the refunds of the preorders. Maybe we get a huge and nice Event or MWO goddies (they know already that MWO is sinking), so it doesnt hurt if they throw out the MCs or whatever. Hopefully the players stay calm untill MW5 is launched on Epic. But hey, PGI: keep your events! I doesnt played the Game since several weeks and i dont miss it. To many promised stuff never came out. Sad.

Well done Russ!

#950 Cypherdrene

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 96 posts
  • LocationCabo

Posted 30 July 2019 - 07:57 AM

Honestly, it's not that bad and you (all) should know better by now, PGI has always done stuff like this, I'm not surprised.
EGS is not terrible but it isn't good either, Metro Exodus was worth it and I hope MW5 is too.

Edited by Cypherdrene, 30 July 2019 - 07:58 AM.

#951 BEARDOOM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 30 July 2019 - 08:30 AM

GIVE SOME MWO EVENT!

#952 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 30 July 2019 - 08:39 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 30 July 2019 - 12:01 AM, said:

Good morning my fellow snowflakes.
It´s 10 am in Germany, exactly 4 days after i asked for a refund. PGI said it could take up to 10 days, so it´s 6 days left.

PS: 5 days since my first post in this thread, not one of my posts has been edited or deleted by a moderator. No answer from PGI whatsoever.

The Faq says "10 business days", Saturday and Sunday are not normally considered business days in most places. You do seem to be one of the few people who actually looked at that part of the FAQ before posting about not getting a refund a day after they requested it though.

Edited by Ed Steele, 30 July 2019 - 08:40 AM.

#953 Jackofallpots

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 219 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 08:47 AM

How about a going out of business sale? 4Head

#954 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 519 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:09 AM

Nachtigall, ick hör dir trapsen.
That´s a german saying and means, i can tell which way the wind is blowing.

When i contacted support in the past, they never asked me for my email associated with my MWO account. They just used the email i contacted them with.
People already got their refund, most likely people who asked for the refund on day 1.
What about the people who asked for the refund after day 1?
Are there so many questions for refunds they can´t handle them?
Or ...

#955 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 519 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:12 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 30 July 2019 - 08:39 AM, said:

before posting about not getting a refund a day after they requested it though.

Come again? Who did what now? Posted Image

Edited by Wishmast3r, 30 July 2019 - 09:13 AM.

#956 Znozoic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 134 posts
  • Locationin the *** of the world, literally (argentina)

Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:15 AM

where are the #1000?

#957 Unconstructive Waste of Time

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:21 AM

PGI, just keep decently alive MWO (we need new events too!) and give us a good MW5. Most of us wanna just keep going with our mechs and there are no other real options. Preorders will mostly remain. Period.

#958 Stridercal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:27 AM

UPDATE: Just saw my refund post to my original credit card from Xsolla.

So, umm, that's good. Shame i'll have to wait until 2020 for the game, but ****, i've been waiting since MW4 already.

#959 Z Cassel

• PipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:28 AM

I am indeed wondering if they're intending of informing their preorder customers directly or if they've decided they've fulfilled their obligation by posting the news on their own page? The optics on this are really really poor as far as showing ethics and care towards your client base. And that's kind the point. All of this deal should have been discussed and made publicly available as far back as the AMAs during the preorder when Russ was directly asked about it. Regardless of if PGI has made a decision that is best for them or the game, its showing a remarkable lack of business ethics and concern for the community, and the tone of voice used in every justification and answer is one of, "If you don't like it, I really don't care because Fortnite kiddies." Russ claims none of these negative things we're all writing were their intention, that we are all not informed of the full details, but any lack of information is because they've been so awful at being transparent and regardless of intent, when you wrong someone you wrong someone. Its the equivalent of saying, "I'm sorry you took offense to my action." Its not a real apology, not real remorse, and only shows concern over the fact that we reacted negatively, not that they've done something wrong. I took the time to look back through chronicled interactions with the community over major issues and this is definitely a trend. I just wish I'd been around long enough before hand to not build up hope and expectation that PGI was of the values and mindset needed to deliver a game as promised.

And I guess that's on me (us) but I still think Russ is being shortsighted about their chance of success. EGS is not going to give them a million units. There are so many things they could have really leveraged and marketed to make MW5 something super hypable, but as time goes on more and more of my dreams for it seem to be chiseled away. The HG lawsuit being dismissed with prejudice had given me hope we'd see the full line of Reseen/Unseen in MWO and MW5, especially since the Stinger and Wasp or so iconic. No such luck. I'd hoped we'd get knockdown and melee. No such luck. At this rate I'll not be surprised if Coop is nothing like advertised, mod support is nonexistent, and all the awful balancing tweaks of MWO for pvp somehow make it into the game. This had every chance to be something amazing and special, and its turned to ash in our mouths.

#960 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:31 AM

WoW people, I get the nice to have it all in one launcher thing, but jeez... You are fighting for a Steam monopoly here. If it was a standalone launcher or could connect directly to any store for sales of keys I'd join the fight, but if we had more quality launchers or stores then the developers and customers would get better deals. Now Steam takes about 30% of the sales, and have no expenses advertising their products. In fact, they can charge extra for devs to place their products on user views. Don't you understand your behavior is the reason Epic need to do what they do? Having exclusive titles is the only way to make ppl consider other launchers.

And, I bet PGI got some good of it, putting more money on their button line, enabling them to build a better game for the fans, within their capabilities that's in fact ruled by money. You are all morons if you claim a refund just because it's not on steam.

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users