1380 replies to this topic

#41 TinFoilHat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:49 AM

Annnddddd I’m out. Refund requested - the no content mechcon was a massive worry, the FP patches were the proverbial bales of straw that broke the camels back, Russ’s “maintenance mode” update was the bullet and now this was just adding the top soil onto the coffin

#42 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:52 AM

glad you went with epic.

that totally fits your epic fail throughout the past years.

#43 taalo

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 31 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationID

Nice job on ******** on your player base. I'll be getting a refund.

#44 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

F

#45 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

View PostAsterisk, on 25 July 2019 - 08:46 AM, said:

Planning a refund here. Will wait and see if it's a timed exclusive, or a "for all time" exclusive. If I can just wait it out, it'll suck to miss the first months, year, whatever of the game. If not, well...

1 year time exclusive, will get it when it's over, hopefully with the game patched, modded, and 75% off. win win

#46 BLANKA

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:54 AM

I rarely post here, but this is a special circumstance...

PGI, I understand why you're doing the EPIC exclusivity thing, but don't you think it's going to negatively affect your launch? Sure, you get more money per copy of the game sold on the EGS, but you'd get way more exposure and surely more orders via Steam. You could sell 300,000 copies of the game on Epic, with EGS taking only a 7% cut (with your Unreal waiver), or you could sell 600,000 copies on Steam with Valve taking a 30% cut.

Lets assume the game sells for $50.

On Epic, you sell 300,000 copies, working out to $15,000,000. EGS takes $1,050,000. You have a profit of $13,950,000.

On Steam, you sell twice as many copies - 600,000, working out to $30,000,000. Valve takes $9,000,000. You have a profit of $21,000,000.

Yes, Valve's pricing scheme is borderline criminal, but thats where the gamers are, and thats where the vast majority of PC games are sold. The platform is superior in every way except for the amount of money they take from developers. I hope you've done your calculations, because this is either going to be a moderate win for PGI, or a major loss.

#47 HenktheTank

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:55 AM

Steam sale here i come

#48 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:56 AM

Not even Quads could make me buy your game now.

#49 IshanDeston

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 74 posts

Awww... ♥♥♥♥♥

Edit: no... i will still inquire about the refund. Lets see how much hassel it actually will be to get a refund on my Paysafe purchase. /edit

You just lost my business, for now and the future.

Hope it was worth it and for Microsoft to be more sensible with who gets the License for Mechwarrior.

Edited by IshanDeston, 25 July 2019 - 09:17 AM.

#50 Renegade581

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 6 posts

And, Refund request sent. I paid for a Steam Version of this game, and it's a bull* move to tell me I'll have to wait AT LEAST a year to get that version.

I'll just buy it then, at a severely reduced discount.

#51 UCR Starwolf

• PipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:57 AM

No deal.

#52 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:57 AM

View PostPiratexCore, on 25 July 2019 - 08:31 AM, said:

Disgusting, utterly disgusting.

You advertised to all of us that we were purchasing a steam copy of the game with our pre-order.

I paid for a steam copy, you OWE me a steam copy.

Russ lied.

#53 Kiiiddd

• Pip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:58 AM

Refund Request Sent sadly. I want to play MW5 on launch, now I have to wait for 2020 to play it as I won't Support the Epic Games Store

#54 Arianrhod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:59 AM

A beautifully tone-deaf decision from a company that relies entirely on the goodwill and loose spending habits of a relatively niche market of longtime fans to get by. God damn, I’ve defended PGI long and hard against salt miners because I always thought that MechWarrior Online was a solid product. I’ve always been enthusiastic about what PGI will do next with the MechWarrior franchise. Now, don’t I just feel stupid.

And I’m sure Microsoft will be ecstatic that the IP they licensed you is going to be an exclusive on their competitor’s storefront. . . .

#55 Paladin IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:01 AM

Posted Image

#56 FenrisUlf

• PipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:02 AM

Time for a Refund :)

#57 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:04 AM

Yeah, no. This is not going to get me to preorder... This is going to do the opposite. I even got an RX 5700 XT so I could play this decently at launch, and now I'm not even going to get to do that. At least I have other games that will benefit from the GPU.

#58 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:05 AM

View PostBLANKA, on 25 July 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

I rarely post here, but this is a special circumstance...

PGI, I understand why you're doing the EPIC exclusivity thing, but don't you think it's going to negatively affect your launch? Sure, you get more money per copy of the game sold on the EGS, but you'd get way more exposure and surely more orders via Steam. You could sell 300,000 copies of the game on Epic, with EGS taking only a 7% cut (with your Unreal waiver), or you could sell 600,000 copies on Steam with Valve taking a 30% cut.

Lets assume the game sells for $50.

On Epic, you sell 300,000 copies, working out to $15,000,000. EGS takes $1,050,000. You have a profit of $13,950,000.

On Steam, you sell twice as many copies - 600,000, working out to $30,000,000. Valve takes $9,000,000. You have a profit of $21,000,000.

Yes, Valve's pricing scheme is borderline criminal, but thats where the gamers are, and thats where the vast majority of PC games are sold. The platform is superior in every way except for the amount of money they take from developers. I hope you've done your calculations, because this is either going to be a moderate win for PGI, or a major loss.

Not how it works, based on your math basically EPIC pays PGI 50 million $ for the exclusive deal. Basically, they don't need to sell 1 copy to profit big time

#59 SPNKRGrenth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 184 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:10 AM

Wow, denying Steam keys to people who got the community preorder? Kind of the worst move you can make, wholesale false advertising like that. Isn't that kind of illegal or something? Not even Metro Exodus made THAT bad of a move, still giving people their Steam keys for preordering specifically for Steam.

Not big boy PGI though, nope. Nice move, bravo. Not even an option to play it through the MWO standalone launcher, outstanding.

Sarcasm aside, this was the worst possible option available for what move to make. Worst part is I'm not even surprised. It's PGI afterall. Mad? Sure. Surprised? No.

#60 SHIN BRODAMA

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • 67 posts
  • LocationJersey

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:11 AM

I wonder how bad your stock would be diving right now if you were publicly traded. Bad move my bros

Edited by SHIN BRODAMA, 25 July 2019 - 09:11 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users