1380 replies to this topic

#1101 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 519 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 05:01 AM

View PostUnconstructive Waste of Time, on 01 August 2019 - 04:34 AM, said:

For about 800 weirdos (?) that hate Epic (?)

Yep, it´s all about hating Epic. We just hate Epic, for no reason, and that´s why we hate PGI.

the feelings of the silent majority is disregarded

Wow ... i mean ... WOW! Posted Image
When someone is silent you can´t know his feelings.
If you don´t know his feelings it´s impossible to disregard them!
How do you disregard something that doesn´t exist? Posted Image

The rage versus PGI/Epic can only damage who wants to keep MWO alive.

That is our only intention, to kill MWO. I personally play MWO every day for a few hours just to show PGI how much i hate them and their game. I hope MWO gets shut down today, so i don´t have to play it anymore.

Maybe it will be better without some haters

Maybe it would be better without people who accept that PGI and Russ are constantly lying to us and don´t give a **** about the community.

Come back alive PGI, most of us do not write much but wants MWO alive and well.

You are delusional, MWO is dead and PGI is well and healthy. Russ dumped MWO!

#1102 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 August 2019 - 05:33 AM

View Postlatinisator, on 01 August 2019 - 04:25 AM, said:

Referring to April 10th AMA I also remember a lot of "at the moment" statements by Russ.
Not then, when he dismissed the concerns after the FAQ change.

View Postlatinisator, on 01 August 2019 - 04:25 AM, said:

As for me: I still do not want a refund because I gave my money for MechWarrior 5 and not a specific launcher. So I will get my "copy" of MW5 in December and Christmas will be saved.
I gave my money for a Steam version and that's the contract PGI should damn well honor - even if it takes them a ****ing year.

Edited by Horseman, 01 August 2019 - 09:18 AM.

#1103 Red Potato Standing By

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 06:55 AM

If they have done something against the law why doesn’t someone report it? I mean it is in plain sight what they have done and if internet lawyers and detectives can see it, it should be an open and shut case. I suspect they haven’t done anything wrong and were smart enough to make sure everything is legit( I suspect they had not internet lawyers reviewing everything)

Edited by Red Potato Standing By, 01 August 2019 - 06:59 AM.

#1104 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:03 AM

Just got something on my Google Feed that says Epic Games: Fortnite is getting Mechs in their game.??
I don't have anything to do with Epic Games or that Fortnite crap but I find it a little weird that Epic Games: Fortnite is getting MECHS right after I get the news that MechWarrior 5 is going to the Epic Games store..
What a coincidence.

https://kotaku.com/f...echs-1836876851

#1105 Actaroth

Rookie

• The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:08 AM

NEVER, NEVER PRE ORDER!!! SImple as that bois

#1106 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:21 AM

View PostActaroth, on 01 August 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

NEVER, NEVER PRE ORDER!!! SImple as that bois

The preorder bonuses were actually pretty exceptional for MW5. That being said, I'm still waiting for clarification of whether those who bought the preorder will be given a Steam key after the Epic Game Store exclusivity has expired.

I figure there will be three outcomes:

1. The Community Preorders will get an Epic Game Store key for the December 2019 release and that's it.
2. The Community Preorders will get an Epic Game Store key for the December 2019 release. If you do not use your Epic Game Store key you can request a Steam key or GOG key in December 2020 to fulfill the preorder.
3. The Community Preorders will get an Epic Game Store key for the December 2019 release and they'll also get a Steam and/or GOG key for the December 2020 release of the game after the Epic Game Store exclusive has expired.

If by the middle of August the first option is made clear or options two or three have not been made clear I'll be asking for a refund. If they announce option two I'll keep my preorder and wait for December 2020. If they announce option three I'll keep my preorder and might create an Epic Game Store account to download the game.

#1107 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:36 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 01 August 2019 - 12:06 AM, said:

Is an advertisement a contract?

Does a refund not constitute good faith?

I would love to see anyone lawyer up and win; it would fundamentally change the landscape of gaming, preorders, and pre release media.

They would most likely be wasting their money. What damages can they claim to have suffered, emotional? If so, and they are successful, I will find a lawyer and become a millionaire.

#1108 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 August 2019 - 09:22 AM

View PostRuccus, on 01 August 2019 - 08:21 AM, said:

1. The Community Preorders will get an Epic Game Store key for the December 2019 release and that's it.
2. The Community Preorders will get an Epic Game Store key for the December 2019 release. If you do not use your Epic Game Store key you can request a Steam key or GOG key in December 2020 to fulfill the preorder.
3. The Community Preorders will get an Epic Game Store key for the December 2019 release and they'll also get a Steam and/or GOG key for the December 2020 release of the game after the Epic Game Store exclusive has expired.

If by the middle of August the first option is made clear or options two or three have not been made clear I'll be asking for a refund. If they announce option two I'll keep my preorder and wait for December 2020. If they announce option three I'll keep my preorder and might create an Epic Game Store account to download the game.
Similar, except if it's option three I'll either never redeem the Epic key or give it away.

#1109 Pepito Sbazzeguti

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 09:23 AM

I'm little worried about next events, no more posts from PGI in a week, usually events start in the late thursday..

#1110 Tertius

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 August 2019 - 09:42 AM

Just as a reminder.... There once was a time, when PGI startet to programm a single-player Mechwarrior with optional coop-functionality... That was in 2009. What came out from that situation was MWO.

Now here's the next attemp. Although this time Microsoft will not be the problem as back then, but at least my faith is lost. Too much broken promises, too much bad communnication in all the years...

#1111 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 11:14 AM

View PostOdins Fist, on 01 August 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:

Just got something on my Google Feed that says Epic Games: Fortnite is getting Mechs in their game.??
I don't have anything to do with Epic Games or that Fortnite crap but I find it a little weird that Epic Games: Fortnite is getting MECHS right after I get the news that MechWarrior 5 is going to the Epic Games store..
What a coincidence.

https://kotaku.com/f...echs-1836876851

Yeah, I saw that last night, it's interesting timing I agree.

As deeply offensive as some people find epic and fortnite... ultimately, there's close to 100 million people with Epic accounts, 10s of millions playing/played fortnite.... and if they can translate only a tiny portion of that into MW5 interest, it will sell a he'll of a lot of units for a BT IP game.

#1112 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 01 August 2019 - 12:00 PM

View PostOdins Fist, on 01 August 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:

What a coincidence.

Interesting...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1113 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 01 August 2019 - 12:40 PM

That looks like a streamlined Huntsman...….

hmmmmmmm

#1114 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 12:59 PM

View PostWishmast3r, on 01 August 2019 - 05:01 AM, said:

That is our only intention, to kill MWO. I personally play MWO every day for a few hours just to show PGI how much i hate them and their game. I hope MWO gets shut down today, so i don´t have to play it anymore.

- If you hate game so much - hate. But willing to shut-down only one mech game with different and lore connected mech - insane. Don't like it - go away, search for something more pleasurable. Like any pay-to-win games where for your money developers personally give you button "kill everyone for a hundred years ahead". Leave game for players who love it and spend free time after work to run mech, make new build and have fun of everything in it. There many gamers who still love that game and want it become better, not mentioned high possibility to move MWO to MW5 engine in future with all good what UE4 brings to games.
I wish my game never get such players like you when it finished.

#1115 leony

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 65 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 01 August 2019 - 01:53 PM

Well, after all it happened with MW5, I wish that MWO continue with new preorder mech releases.

#1116 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,748 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 01 August 2019 - 01:56 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 01 August 2019 - 11:14 AM, said:

Yeah, I saw that last night, it's interesting timing I agree.

As deeply offensive as some people find epic and fortnite... ultimately, there's close to 100 million people with Epic accounts, 10s of millions playing/played fortnite.... and if they can translate only a tiny portion of that into MW5 interest, it will sell a he'll of a lot of units for a BT IP game.

The real issue will be if it generates interest in MWO, purely PVP engagement... And those players will not be BT lore knowledgeable players... then then run into some outstanding issues, one being what happens with engines when a Side Torso is lost... the isXL is the outlier ... weapon balances come and go, quirks come and go but the engines, the main building block of a mech, only utilizes PART of the engine crit lore, and it is the most damaging atm.

Just saying.....

#1117 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 02:26 PM

- For them we have LTE - and they better than XL in many ways. Never like how mech run on XL anyway.

#1118 Cherry Garden full of Blue Roses

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 02:46 PM

I receive my refund. Just sating... Good. I have 100000000000000000000000000000000 more better ways to spend it instead giving them to Tim Sweeney and his new (?) friends from PGI.

#1119 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 01 August 2019 - 03:16 PM

View PostCherry Garden full of Blue Roses, on 01 August 2019 - 02:46 PM, said:

I receive my refund. Just sating... Good. I have 100000000000000000000000000000000 more better ways to spend it instead giving them to Tim Sweeney and his new (?) friends from PGI.

Like give it to some other company that is run by another rich CEO who does other things that you might disagree with?

#1120 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 04:35 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 01 August 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

Like give it to some other company that is run by another rich CEO who does other things that you might disagree with?

Yeah I like how some people are making out they are heros for taking a moral stance about gaming platforms. It's like they've single handedly stormed Fallujah or something.

We're all just spending money on video games. Choosing to spend it on one company over anotber is not really contributing to the war on terror.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users